the Rift

[PRIVATE] Masticating on Mosses and Memories

Hasovir Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 10
nunu
Hasovir

Twilight was approaching steadily, insects making themselves known by humming lowly in branches along with the occasional chirps from crickets. The forest was thin when observed from bird’s eye, but in the midst it was a decent thicket. Surrounding that, a large meadow, which Hasovir had meandered the edge of for a few days; and now he emerged from the small woodlands to see the land had gotten firmer and less foliage covered the grounds. Deep sapphire orbs became perceptible with a faint auburn glow against them, his dull coat shimmering for once due to a great pit of flames. ‘What’s this?’ Hasovir unconsciously tipped his head to the side in inquisitiveness and continued to travel southbound. The heat from the fire became relevant; warming the stag’s pelt and it was nice, as there seemed to be a cooler undertow of wind coming from behind the pit. Hasovir stood still for moment and observed his environment – the atmosphere slowly becoming darker like a spot of ink in water, the crackling flames rising higher and embers that didn’t quite make it to the heavens settling along the earth beneath him. The fragrance of ash was filling his nostrils and he let out a loud snort while turning off to the left.

Hasovir’s pointing hips jutted out at the world as if to say, “fuck off”, like his facial expression so often did. He had only one encounter thus far in this queer world known as Helovia, and others that he had seen he would steer clear of or hide until their disappearance. He wrote most creatures off as illusions as he did not want to believe he was part of anyone’s world anymore. Just his own. By himself. Always. He rounded the corner of the immense fire pit and found himself entering the gaping mouth of rock. The shadows stretched their arms into the entrance of the cave and the temperature plummeted rapidly as Hasovir planted his daggers firmly amongst the loose gravel and dusted pebbles. His left leg gave in as he wandered down a steep turn, causing him to slide a few feet and ram his shoulder into the cave wall. A faint echo shook the creeping silence that engulfed the cave’s abyss and soon the stallion felt comfort in his surroundings, as if the noise was like company. Not like the company in his head. ‘Don’t even start thinking of that.” Hasovir’s auricles pricked upwards at the sound of his voice that expanded like the previous echo. Murmuring to himself was a habit he had developed as an adolescent; back when Tembovu was but a mere child, yet exactly Hasovir’s size. Memories rushed in of them and their friend, ‘what’shisname something with a K.’ romping and teasing and mischievously being typical boys.

Lost in his reminiscences and looking down to observe what he was stepping on, the scarred brute started seeing small pieces of glowing aquamarine substance until eventually he was staring at a whole new cave in itself. Continuing to enter, a dank smell of nectar hung in the air and in the distance Hasovir picked up a rushing cascade that made his mouth slightly tremble with thirst. Swinging his lean serpentine down his enamels gripped onto a moist patch of moss, its succulent roots bursting with flavors onto Hasovir’s tongue. His eyes were practically rolling into the back of his skull when he noticed the tops of the trees had a dim blue glow. Entranced by this Hasovir continued to walk into this room, the ground acting as a sponge against his daggers and the canopies getting brighter the further he wandered in. The glow that reflected off of his dark cerulean irises made his optics stand out, the white bandings and marks along his coat were now a dimmed shade of turquoise and as he reached up to lightly touch one of the glowing vines, his plush looked ever so soft, giving him a rather gentle look for once. He inhaled the fragrance from the small flowers that grew so spectacularly without sunlight and a hunger pang reminded him about that luscious moss.

A few hours passed, Hasovir was now lightly grazing after engorging his stomach full of the delectable greenswards that grew unrestrainedly over rocks and intertwined with the mosses and mushrooms. The stream nearby trickled endlessly along, its quiet natural song almost humming Hasovir into a dream like state. Overall at this moment, the stag was content. His vitals were up and his hunger and thirst satisfied. ‘Helovia is not so bad…at least underground.’ He muffled a chuckle and moved along closer to the crashing waterfall. His large and dense horns got tangled in some loose and low hanging vines and as Hasovir stepped passed them they tore from their canopy and stayed messily stuck onto the bongo antlers. The mist lazily drifted above the pool of water after being created by the falls; little beads of water glued themselves to Hasovir’s sun-bleached mane, speckling his patterned coat and mimicking diamonds under the blushing blue light. Oh what a sight he was! Although he would not know of it. Hasovir never believed he had the looks, although the maidens easily came, they usually got fed up with his egotism and insolence. Memories again, came rushing back; now it was him with a short, light chestnut fem, her hazel orbs glistening under a lively Dorobo moon. She was sweet to him and cruel to him. She would run her lyre shaped antlers slowly along his spine. Hasovir felt it now and a shiver jolted down his back. It was a lucid moment to his day dreaming and he swiftly snapped out of it once a thin, floral vine fell from his antler and into to his line of vision. He shook his cranium in an attempt to rid of them and his silly thoughts.

image | bckg

@KATERINA
Please tag Hasovir in all posts

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare

please don't make any sudden moves

She walks in the azure haze, the silver queen nothing but a mere part of the world that lit the crystals within her eyes and the arches of her gray skin. Not apart of the enchanted forest, rather as one being, melting and dissolving into the twisted trunks and glowing shrubbery. She is a being not of helovian but rather Katerina belonged to the stars, to the gaping black holes, and the endless infinities within the galaxies. It wasn't Isisi that crowned home, not anymore, the planet's legacy reduced to dust and ice--all she had now to belong to was the skies. 

Perhaps she'd be nothing more than a gypsy, never ]truly settled, a mind too vast, a heart too broken. She had learnt so much but her decades of life had been more of a curse than it was beautiful--a tragedy in it's finest form. Katerina felt alone, so alone, loneliness had grown it's wicked roots deep within her heart and it choked her with hopelessness. She questioned her purpose, her value, why life and death had played her like a game of chess, death having life checkmated but instead of taking the kill, death preferred to watch life slowly die out as each pawn fell underneath the black veil, as Katerina faded further and further.

It is sound that tears her from her slipping upon the marble floors of her mind, the blues and purples of the world welcoming her back from the hell of her misfortune. She had been napping underneath the looming trunks and trees near the bay of the pool that the waterfall settled in. She always enjoyed the sweet taste of the air and the soft fall of water, it was an ambrosia for any who wished to seek serenity and comfort in the enchanting glows and sights. 

Like a feather, the woman glides across the mosses, her eyes settling upon the man that had saved her from the depths of her mind. He was painted with rusts, ebonites, and porcelains, all curves and lines heightened by the dreamy incandescence that surrounded the star-woman and the plainsman. The shine of dew glittered upon his skin, azures and aqua's melting with the brilliant stripes of white. Softly her voice laces with the wind, her sweet song of words and chords pleasurable to the drums. It was not a scream, a cry, but rather a gentle string of whispers and silks. "It is a beautiful hidden sanctuary is it not?" She starts, drifting closer to the man, silvers roaming his face and the tangled vinery within his horns, "I'm Katerina of-" She pauses, looking around then, she was Katerina of Isisi no more. "of well, nowhere anymore. Pleasure."

OCC: I'm so so so sorry for the long wait! I am super duper excited for this thread though! It will move much quicker from here out

"Speaking"

Katerina

you don't know the half of the abused

Outcast
nunu
Past memories clouded his mind, temporarily silencing the voices that were normally crowding that space, when suddenly his thoughts were ceased. There before him, an angel. Or something so similar, ’pure art’ a brief description that settled on his velvets, the idea gently leaving his mind and then spit out into the quiet atmosphere. "Pure art.” It was not the correct reply to her statement – it did not make any sense – yet Hasovir felt no need to explain himself. His dark cerulean pools washed over her baroque frame, drinking in her details; her glistening silvery orbits, the way her tendrils flowed from white to gray, a mesimerizing mix of diamonds that decorated her silver haunches. A powerful presence exuded from her whispering tones and while still a bit entranced Hasovir spoke a reply, "I would say so,” he paused, noticing the way the glowing blues just enhanced her utter beauty, "however something much more beautiful has come of it.” Hasovir’s baritone chords were coated with a honey-drizzle, his words the most sincere he had spoken thus far in Helovia. She mentioned her name and that she had no place to call of her’s. ’Katerina’ he said it out loud within his cranium and he could feel the voices trying to break through.

Lowering his head out of respect he nodded towards her, ”Katerina,” he felt himself weak momentarily, as if her title on his tongue was a rich and robust wine, "It is more than a pleasure.” he broke off again here, allowing his twin pools to crash upon her face, from her bright orbs sliding down the onyx markings that cuffed her plush. She was the sight to see. ”I am Hasovir.” He consciously felt his scar along his eye pulse at the sound of his name, but he knew it was all in his brain. Deciding to leave off his country of origin was an impulse, then again at the same time he did not really hail from Dorobo any longer. They had exiled him and so he was of no land. Hasovir glanced at her markings again, they mimicked the galaxies that lived above and he found peace in this. Her size was substantial compared to his own, her stature much more filled and elegant whereas the stallion was athletic and sort of rough around the edges. She blended with the surroudnings, her pelt seeming to soak in the colors that whisked Hasovir away on his daydreams.

And nevertheless; she seemed to emerge directly from those daydreams. Feelings of comfort and solidarity were blossoming within him when she appeared. ’An angel.’ was that his own thought? Was it a voice? He was puzzled although it did not show on his face. He remained expressionless, while his eyes said all that needed to be. He was spellbound by her exquisiteness alone and he could still feel her speech of nectar like harps playing in his auricles. The stag felt a strange fluttering within his stomach and he wrote it off as too much sweet moss. Hasovir spoke, his low tones as gentle as he could place them, ”What brings you below the surface, this evening?” Was it even evening? Hasovir thought back to when he had entered the caves, it was beginning to twilight then, dawn could be approaching now. It did not matter, though. All that mattered was this angelic being had appeared seemingly out of Hasovir’s own safe dreams. ”Sssshe is not REAL.” the strongest voice hissed – a sharp and severe migraine-like pain stabbed Hasovir in the middle of his temple. He reacted accordingly: his opticals momentarily shutting tightly closed with a look of irascibility when his head twitched downwards. Just as fast as the sting had been delivered, it fleeted, leaving him with just the ringing voice’s words.

ooc: sorry so short!! I promise I'll get it goin' on again ;)

@KATERINA

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare

please don't make any sudden moves

Eyes. She feels them on her skin, feels them slide over her curves slowly, as if time had been morphed in this moment. She doesn't want to sink away from his eyes, doesn't want to slip away into the night like she had so many seasons ago. No. Instead, Katerina found a certain bliss in the attention she was offered. It wasn't erotic, but rather it was like a wave washing over her, warm, serene, blissful. The chestnut man spoke, her delicate ebonite-tipped ears perked forward at the sound of his nectarine and low vocals, his voice a welcomed break from the silence of her own thoughts. Onyx dipped lips curve up with his charms, her silvers resting easily within his coals. "Flatterer," She chuckled, the quiet sound of her laughter such a foreign thing, forgotten over the expanse of sorrows and dusty travels. She could feel her mind endlessly thank the stallion a thousand times over, for it had been the first light in a very, very, dark tunnel.

Returning his respect, she drops her head low, the opal crown that once marked her princess title glistening in the azure lights. She had found it and brought it back when she had visited Isisi-before it burned to ash and she fell from her home to Helovia, Katerina the fallen angel. It was a twisted life she had lived, but the celestial had learned it wasn't just a twisted life, but a twisted fate. She would be damned until the very end."Hasovir." She says, tasting his name upon her tongue as it rolled off in a rich foreignness."What is that language? I've heard it before, perhaps in my studies decades ago." She asks, her face that was normally washed in old beauty, showing something younger; curiosity. Nothing intrigued the woman more then culture, the vast ways of how creatures lived their life, perhaps a little insight into Hasovir's culture would allow distraction from the tatters of hers, it's nonexistence. 

I have tried to make a home of this place, it's very much what my old home was like. Call it reminiscing." She says softly, trying her hardest to keep the bounds of sadness away. Katerina didn't want to be sad. She was strong, almost to the point that she'd rather deny being sad to the point of insanity then admit her sorrows. Her father wouldn't have wanted to see her this way, so she keeps going, forever and always. She had turned away to look at the mystical bathing of light upon the glowing flowers and bushes, but when she turned back her expression melted into concern. Something pained had flown across Hasovir's white masked face, she stepped closer, reaching her nose out, "Are you alright?"

OCC: no no don't worry! it was a lovely post! I hope this is good enough! 

"Speaking"

Katerina

you don't know the half of the abused

Outcast
nunu
With her plush outreached in concern, Hasovir felt the dying words of the voice dissipate in a way that had never occurred before. Her words felt genuine and again the sense of safety engulfed the stallion’s rough exterior, a curve in his lips as he replied to her last question, “Migraines…often times it is just one hard knock and then nothing.” Then the unicorn sought out her nose, a light encounter against his own as a way of saying, ‘thank you for caring.’ Small prickles of exhilaration rushed over his whole frame from the mare’s velvets – as if a match was ignited in the darker caves. Her reply of why she was beneath the surface still remained out there, Hasovir thought this over momentarily while still soaking up her goddess-like presence. His lion’s tail leisurely swept from left to right, a habit developed as a child when he was thinking. Hasovir looked into her orbits, this time her forelock saving him from getting lost in her essence yet again. “I cannot imagine a home as magical as this one. Quite unlike my homelands.” He took another moment to glimpse around the cave’s room; the succulents that seemed to pulsate beneath the cyan glow and the clear stream that slithered through them ever so effortlessly, all to end up back at Katerina’s striking form.

“I beg I am not being too forward by saying this,” he looked shyly at her, hiding his coy smile as if he were an adolescent yet again, “but I love my name on your tongue.” The coy smile turned slightly devilish, he could not help but tell her and for a brief moment he wanted to tell her everything. Where he was from, what he did, how he got here, how he feels, the voices, their noises, the guilt, the remorse, the pain and frustration and then nothing at all. His emotions were always a place of whirlwind qualities and this new acquaintance had the sheer power, the utter force to make Hasovir drop his guard completely. His brain jutted him to a stop – the voices silent but in his logic he knew he could not just trust anyone, no matter how they made him feel. “To answer your earlier question, the language is Swahili.” Her interest in culture shocked him. ’A vixen with depth and beauty? Unlike any other…’ he mingled in his thoughts before remembering that is where the voices lived. Interested in her now more than ever, he asked, “What have you studied in the past, Katerina?” her name triggered another loving crawl down his spine.

‘Thisss issssn’t real!’ another hard sting against his skull – this time he managed to avoid cringing in front of the beautiful maiden. All at once they barged in, one voice after another: the raspy one who knew his buttons being cut off by the loudest one, the one who always hissed snickering with the one who laughs maliciously. Hasovir was close to an overload when he caught sight of Katerina’s constellation markings again, all at once his mind was empty. He smelt chamomile and the dampened mushrooms’ soil, he drank in the scent of Katerina’s fragrance, her constellation markings soothing his aching brainpan. “Katerina,” his tone cracking in the third syllable of her title, yet sounding like he meant to do it anyways, “My migraines seem to dissolve when I stare into your markings…when I was young, I – I would,” glancing down at his split hooves he felt juvenile again, self-indulgent almost; this lovesick pressure impounding on his heart, he could feel his cheeks becoming flushed. “Well, it isn’t important.” he chuckled at himself and made eye contact with her again, hoping his stare was a delicate as it felt. He only wanted to be gentle with her and so cautiously he took a step forward, hoping that if he got closer the voices might leave forever.

@KATERINA <3

ooc: sorry I am so late to reply! I was transitioning into a new job but I am good to go :)