the Rift

[PRIVATE] along the field as we came by

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

The aspen over stile and stone

My decision to leave the gathering of three males I stumbled across in the entranceway to this place was a little more difficult than I let on; the kindness of the pegasus Chaska not overlooked. To his credit, the strange hybrid even garnered my attention, his brash mannerisms surprisingly refreshing against the strict method in which I live my own life. The unnamed unicorn, with his crafted speeches and careful presentation, overwhelmed and underwhelmed…I found myself longing to be elsewhere. As quickly as I arrived, I turned and walked away into the forest toward the Falls. The beauty of the herd’s namesake I find soothing on a typical afternoon but I fear being in one place for long; those words shall never fall from these lips and my thoughts turn toward the trail I set myself on instead of going back to the herd.

Slender darkened legs traverse with ease; the bush limbs eagerly caress snow-flecked sides.

The forest continues on for some time and the gentle swaying of branches and leaves becomes a calming backdrop to my journey. Cerulean eyes peer upward, the sound of twittering birds capturing the brunt of my attention. A robin, his chest awash in crimson, stares back hopping in time to languid hoof beats. Corners tilt upward and a feather light chuckle bubbles out blackened lips. ”Would you care to join me?” I offer easily; birds always drawing me away from darker thoughts and an ever present neutrality that permeates all I do and say. In seeming response, he hops twice in place before taking flight down the trail circling in lazy patterns while I follow. A few minutes pass and I pause when the robin does, his little eyes searching the direction we came from. “You should find your family, I am sure they miss you.” He chirps a few times and flutters brown wings before spreading them out and heading home. Silently, I thank him for his company and watch as he vanishes into a high branch.

Cerulean eyes turn to the road ahead where trees and bushes part to reveal an open expanse.

Unsure if I have traveled through this meadow before I quickly pass through the large area and into the trees on the other side. Lingering in open spaces has never gone well for me and I remain, despite my new home (the word is foreign to me), a nomadic spirit. The trail I pick is narrower than the last but my smaller stature leaves room to breathe as I push through the underbrush. This time there are signs of tiny winged friends and my eyes remain carefully glued to areas ahead while ears listen for any sounds that do not belong. Leaves grow further apart as the path widens and my breath stutters at the structure before me. Even in its state of disuse I can see the beauty that once lay here and still, to me, does. Neck cranes this way and that and cautiously I step between two glistening columns, having arrived just after a light rain fell here, and onto the circular floor. The rainbow of colors dancing around brightens already bright eyes as I breathe in the wonder of this place even though my dark skin mutes the colors shining on me. “Amazing.” The single word whispers itself.

Was talking to itself alone

"speech"

OOC: Finally up! <3   

@Kalona

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Leaving the land of ice and snow for something a little more favourable for the time being the golden stallion glided across the tundra with minimal effort. His hooves had hardened to deal with the ice and snow of the Basin but with this warmer weather there was no need to worry about sliding on any ice. Lengthening his stride and tossing his head the golden beauty galloped along enjoying the freedom that this land entitled him to. Back home there was very few days of peace and quiet so he had learned from very young to take the time and enjoy it when he could, not that it brought him much joy though. In his mind it was merely a chance to workout his muscles and keep his body fit there was no time for fun and games when your life was on the line constantly. Slowing his pace as his lungs began to burn he looked around to find fields of green surrounding him and the strange building of the Rotunda up ahead. He had been here once before and met a couple strange characters but their conversation had not lasted long before something had come up and they had parted ways.

Allowing his body to come to rest at the base of a small stream he waded into the cool liquid lowering his muzzle to the waters surface to take a few sips. Bi-coloured optics scanned the scenery around him in this moment of vulnerability finding nothing but a few jack rabbits in the taller grasses nearby. While his eyes betrayed him in finding the mare his sense of smell picked up on the stranger after a couple of moments. Mentally his mind went to his weapon strapped protectively to his foreleg, was this needed? No, it was only a mare surely he could manage without the need to use his secondary blade. Removing himself from the stream he walked up onto dry land issuing out a whinny that was loud enough for the girl to hear. Now what would she do? Run? Or would she show herself from where she was hiding?

In his experience most would show themselves if they were not to chicken but there were always the select few who would manage to surprise him. He was not looking for a fight but if provoked he would not stand back and take a beating, he would win.

•• TAGS: @Vu •• NOTES: Sorry its so crappy ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.