the Rift

Love me not (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
He had followed Ktulu to assure her safe return into the throat. They parted ways and Midas turned to greet a bright morning sun face first. Tired gaze turned to avoid the shine full force; he couldn’t help but smile a little at the recent victory. Quest was complete and now he had armor; first instinct was to test the weight. Shoulders flexed the heavy collar along his neck; it was going to take some getting used to. ‘Wouldn’t Cera be surprised?’ He pondered with rising glee.

Joy fell away as pressing conscience turned thoughts back to pitiful and joyless company. It wasn’t that he was forgetful about the creature that followed, Midas found it overwhelmingly sad to see such blatant misery. Gazing backwards with sympathetic eyes he uttered softy, “Not much further,” the avian equine hadn’t a clue if the miserable pet could even understand him.

Realizing that it would be cruel to force the beast to travel any further he craned neck and summoned a roaring cry from the pits in his throat. Requesting a particular mare toward his direction, “I’m here, and need help,” it sang. Slowly his voice died out, the bray still echoing in the near distance. He was sure she would hear the distress in his vocal and come forth. They really weren’t that far from the oasis.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

PYR

Bright morning shines down and cold does nothing to numb the pain. I am alone and the journey has been long and the pain is overwhelming and you are gone and I want to die. I understand somehow deep within that you are gone and will not return and I want more than anything else to see you; if I cannot, then I do not long to live in this world. The paint stallion, now adorned with gold that pulls him towards the earth and does not suit one of his stature. You should fly covered in the metal of the gods, not this foolish stallion that treats me as if I am helpless.

You sought your wings and harnessed your power, you could exceed the power of this stallion tenfold. But you are gone, your white eyes that hid pain and your stench of death and your powerful figure are gone, and I cannot bear to live without it. There is love and then there is something beyond that, a connection that cannot be severed and a bond that will never break. This is what we had together, this is what leads me to ache and cry, to snarl in the face of any comfort offered. He calls a healer; she will come nowhere near me.

He speaks and I can only think of killing him slowly. He is smart to come no closer, for weak as I am I have not lost my knack to kill. I lie on the ground in utter pain, scenting my own blood as it dries and flakes away staining the air. I feel the break of bone beneath my flesh and I cry- I want to die. But inside there is a fire that burns strong enough to bite the fool that dares approach it. I still have my fangs and the fire in my eyes- I still have my pride.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

One glance at the cat would be enough to draw soft tears from the eyes of the pale mare who strides forth from the Oasis, pale mane streaming behind her like a soft banner of waves, creamy and delightful in the winter sun. Above, in the sky, floats the trill of a bird on small wings as he soars forward, Lyhty, greeting the day with an exuberant sort of glee. Onni, whose hooves meet the earth solidly and with purpose, striding forward without glee upon her face but worry in its place.

The tobiano paint was familiar, and the healer swore that her eyes had grazed his body after the invasion of the Edge, in the mass of bodies who crowded the misty forest once riddled solely with unicorns. She could be mistaken, though, for most of the battle was a blur of blood and riddle flesh, broken bones and sorrow. Perhaps, he was simply familiar as the General of the herd. His figure, not as prominent as Azzuen's in her mind, was still strong - strong enough to delve up a name and place it to his gentle face.

Wings folded upon her back, soon to be crowned by the same bird singing above, Onni comes to a halt before Midas, her limbs locking cleanly and neatly, holding her position even as she peers over his armored shoulder at the crumpled mass or orange, black, and blood on the red desert floor. A gasp is trapped in her throat, makes no sound in the air around them, but the expression holds true in her face, already pale as a sheet, before a curious look is directed at the stallion.

Healing a bear first, now a tiger. Surely, next would be a lion.

"What happened?" a physician's voice, distant and calm, takes the place of her gentle, soft breeze of tone. Lyhty notices the altering of her mood instantly, and takes to preening at her feathers reassuringly. The mare steps past the general, not waiting for a response, standing close enough to the small tiger to view his injuries but out of the range of his weak limbs. The look of death held in his feline eyes was enough to wisen her to his current mood - one that would kill. She lowers her head toward the ground, more at level with the cat, looking with blue eyes that were pushed to appear calm, though worry still fell from their edges.

A sweet, chime of silk comes next, Onni's gaze trying to hold the cat's. "You do not look as though you want my aid, but I feel you are far too strong to allow yourself to die." The mare had no way of knowing if her words would intelligible to the cat, but perhaps they would at least be soothing. "Shall I heal you, courageous one?"
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Death was evident in the glassy gaze of wounded company. Midas turned after calling and gazed at his bloody charge. Mixed emotions twisted his maw into a deep frown; it was beyond his personal understanding why anyone would allow for something like this to happen. In all his years Midas had never experienced a bonded of either gender all their ‘pets’ to fall into harm’s way. Indeed, he could name many that thought of their bonded as a son or daughter. Family. Evidently the option didn’t count for all fathers, because here he was; with another man’s child in need of treatment.

Salvation was quick to come however; it didn’t take long for a pale painted figure to dot the distance. Onni had heard his call and was coming to offer aid. Relief for the tigers sake caused a held breath to escape loudly as a sigh, “Shaman…” he uttered with tired gratefulness. A respectful nod was given to both her and bonded avian which sat perched between her ears. He knew Onni from life around the house and their recent battle. They never shared words before, mainly because Midas hadn’t found reason to disturb her until now.

"What happened?"

Following her movements curiously he voiced a plain explanation, “My travels led me and Ktulu to Frostbreath Steppe. Once there I encountered a strange Throat youth, and his bonded cat,” pausing for breath he added, “The colt charged me with orders to bring his bonded here for treatment; without instruction on returning later.” Attention returned to their patent, soft voice caressed the innocent creature with statement then question. He watched on the sidelines, quiet now.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

[[Oh dear I didn't see I was tagged in this ;-; sorry for jumping in a tad late]]

Sleep had come fitfully for the little colt, waiting for Midas to return under their tree. The weather sliced through his thin frame easily but he refused to move until his father returned home. What woke him was the sound of his bugle ringing out over the desert, beckoning someone Cera didn't know. Uncaring that it had not been he he whom had been summoned, Cera struggled to his hooves and set out as quickly as he could to find him. He wanted to be as close as possible to him after his travels.

The armor shimmering on his father's form was a shock to the lad, and he stared in awe as he approached on tired trembling legs. A mare and a strange small creature stood around him, but emerald eyes sought only his father. Pace slowing as he came closer, miserable with the weather but eyes showing nothing but love and joy at his return. Looking at the mare with curiosity and shying away from the furious looking creature at his fathers hooves. "Daddy who are they?" Touching the metal on his father with curious lips, entranced by it. Gaze flickering between the three of them as he stuck close to Midas. The mare looked concerned for the creature that seemed to be both malevolent towards them as well as holding a deep pain that was more than the very obvious physical wounds. Cera felt weak at the sight and whimpered a little. Feeling his heart reach out to the poor thing, eyes tearing up. "Daddy why is he hurt? Will he be okay?" Worried for the poor thing. He was so small, and Cera knew how cold it was when you didn't have much to protect you.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Alex the Godspeaker Posts: 11
Master of Mysticism
Mare :: Other :: Very short :: --
Alex
[[So uh, I was unaware of this being my turn. Unfortunately due to the rule I had passed over about companions not being able to post without their bonded and the fact that the timeline is now so royally messed up, can we just assume that Pyr snapped at them all and slinked away, refusing to get healed as he went to find Theus? My apologies guys. ;-;]]