the Rift

[OPEN] Fallen Crowns[Joining]

Zailah Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4
ShadowMare

Zailah
darkness and I run hand and hand

I have hidden much too long, wasting away in the island that I didn't dare to leave for the longest time. The sweet mare who had been collecting dye brought me over, and still I allowed myself to wander amongst these isles without a single attempt to make myself known, to put my name out there. My family would have been so disappointed to see that their once great ruler would hide like a coward, in the shadows, stuck in a state of disbelief and grief over the death of everything I once had known. Perhaps it is why I have waited so long to truly enter the world of Helovia, believing that I was allowed to feel all of these wretched emotions of losing my family, when I wasn't--no not anymore. I had long surpassed the time in which I can be pissed, I would rise and despite the cracks in my bones and the pains of the newly used muscle, I will succeed. Failure was not an option.

On blush hooves, I carry myself to wherever the winds may lead me. My hair flies behind me as it catches the wind, the pulsing glow of my markings and eyes surely bright enough to attract any who even bothered to look. I had always enjoyed the pink glow of my orbs and hooves, the black glow of the spider-web that ran across my skin, in some sort of way it made me feel alluring, something worth talking about(well I didn't need to glow for that) but at times it was rather annoying, for when the darkness covered the world like it did now, I was at no hope of hiding within it's clutches. I was a shadow-creature, I dwelled within the darkness, danced within it's glorification, the sun and I were no friends, enemies more justly. The moon and I would be forever laced in friendship.

Well Helovia, here I am, bring me your best, bring me your worst. I have ached for satisfaction too long, and within your government I shall find it. The Queen has laid down her crown, come fetch darling!

OCC: So this is sorta awful, but I'm trying to get her active! She wants to be a crafter, if that helps with whoever wants to accept her. @Tembovu @Elsa @Anzanie 

talk talk talk

TheArtlex

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Pink.

The woman who stands at the Edge’s glass-strewn borders is decidedly pink. Granted, the Elephant had seen wildly colored equines within Helovia’s borders (the father of Anzanie’s child comes to mind, with his vibrant stripes). And the wild Plateaus of Dorobo had been littered with striking Korofi coats and wings.

But never anything so radiant or vivid as the pink that stained this mare’s coat. Mbwene, herself, was intrigued. She liked bright colors (though she preferred to collect blue-shaded things), and she liked soft satiny things. This woman seemed to fit both, from a distance, so her round feet trundled towards the black-laced, magenta woman, leading her Elephant King.

Though the vibrancy of her coat paled as her web-like markings glowed in the dim, misted lighting of the Edge’s forests. And, as the King approaches, even her glowing skin fades when he sees her openly dark expression on a black-painted face. His ears swept forward, masked face clouding slightly as he studied her for a few moments longer than he studied others he met on the Edge’s borders. Only one other had given him a pause such as this—the eyeless, elk-skulled demon stallion that had sought entrance into the Edge.

And he had disappeared into the shadows of the night. Would this mare? She certainly seemed at ease in the darkness, moving easily in their obscurity despite her vivid coat.

“Hello,” his simple greeting rumbled deeply from his chest, “I am Tembovu, King of the Edge. Is there something you seek within our borders?” Mbwene, entranced by her glowing markings, slowly approached the woman with her nimble trunk reaching for the luminous webbing.

@Zailah

Please tag Tembovu.

Zailah Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4
ShadowMare

Zailah
she is more noxious than the viper, or the fire itself

I am greeted just as I had hoped, a king, he says and instantly I am analyzing him. If this man was a king, I would be able to have a better peek into the government of Helovia. I knew how to rule, I had done it successfully once-- until this world's gods decided to fuck up everything to my downfall. It seemed that his land wasn't in any chaos, being that the head of it all had the time to linger around the borders at a time in which monsters roamed. So my interest in the world's edge as he called it raised significantly. After all, if I am to be something in this place, I shalln't commit my loyalty to a place in which would merely be a waste of my time. I was too valuable for that. 

He asks of what I seek, a hard question indeed, because I seek lots. It wasn't necessary to ramble on about though, this wasn't my domain, I had no voice, no power. Even I had to recognize the lines that aren't mine to cross, I had raised my kingdom on a respect basis and even here, when I owed nothing to this threshold or this man, I would respect the authority that he claimed. 

"Well, tembovu-"I started my voice of silks and lures, slithering off my tongue, I knew it wasn't necessary to say his name, but I like the taste of exotic names and the King's name rolled off my tongue with ease, to my satisfaction. "I am Zailah, I once ruled in a place that you know of as the rift. I seek purpose and homing." I say then, my voice still holds the taints of a vixen, something I will never change, but I do make sure to ease the wickedness of my exterior with a serious and genuine tone. 

I hadn't noticed until I allowed my eyes to sweep over the king's cream and brown massive and extremely handsome, might I add, frame that there was someone else with us. Looking down, my blush eyes light up in great joy as a rubbery creature nears me. I do not like children, but I rather enjoy the company of companions. Their innocence was so attractive, it almost made my lack of it not so bad. I lower my head, my onyx lips curling up along with the smile already painted upon my face, What might your name be little one? I asked, turning my attention back to Tembovu, allowing the animal to touch my skin if it so wished. It must not be everyday that a pink woman passes by. 

OCC: good god is it hard playing an extremely vain character @Tembovu

talk talk talk

TheArtlex

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
The King’s perked, black-rimmed ears twitch as her silken voice slips into the misted, evening air between the woman of unnatural colors and the man of plainsborn markings. Only a deaf man would be immune to the quiet seduction the webbed mare’s tongue held. But, rather than beguile the King, it raised his awareness and made his already alert gaze sharpen on her ink-marked face.

But there was not hostility or immediate danger radiated from this stranger. So the Elephant dipped his thick, massive horn as she mentioned her name and previous leadership—recognizing a previous monarch. “Zaliah,” his deep voice rumbled in greeting, carefully maintaining a neutral tone in his low voice. “The Edge would be glad to welcome you. We offer purpose in any of our vocations: healing, sleuthing, fighting, or learning. The choice is yours.”

His navy eyes carefully watch the elegantly ominous woman shifted her attention to his elephant companion’s question trunk, “This is Mbwene, she is my companion and shares my soul.” He answered her question with more explanation than necessary; if the woman was from the Rift then perhaps she did not fully know of companions in Helovia. Mbwene trilled lightly as the woman dropped her head, her trunk reaching out to trace the black markings on her velvet muzzle. Her skin was so vibrant, its was new to the calf.

And the King shifted then, relaxing into his stance as a thick column of his hind leg cocked and rested, ivory toe dining into the moist soil. “I do not know what you have heard of the Edge, but our patron Goddess in the Moon. You are not required to worship her, though there are some in the herd that do. We also have high sea cliffs that, while beautiful, can be treacherous in the mist. Take care of them, until you are accustomed here.” Curiosity peaked in his eyes for a moment— what did she rule in the Rift?— but he held his tongue for the time being.

@Zailah sorry for the delay. I'll change her rank now!

Please tag Tembovu.