the Rift

watching and w a i t i n g

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A C C H U S

Dearest Mother,

Being dead does have its perks. I must admit, I enjoy watching the mortals scurry to and fro, I like watching the unicorns and the horses and the pegasi flitting about embedded in their pitiful little lives. It was to my exquisit surprise, however, that I should watch an empire being overthrown from my beautiful palace in the sky. I could not believe my eyes- unicorns! Glorious, sparkling unicorns run out of their home and into the icy grips of winter, taking a home in the most dreaded cold place, where their king disappeared for weeks, leaving only a black mare in charge. Of course, I had no wish for those poor horned horses to remain in the cold, so I gave one of them, a pretty girl, a slave I fashioned from my own hands. He's a pathetic little thing, but quite obedient, and I think Sno will find him useful, even if he's not particularly fun and dashing.

As he is my own creation, I wished to watch him, and here is what transpired one frostfall morning in the Frostbreath Steppe.

With love,
Casper
p.s. Unicorn supremacy all the way!

---

Bacchus snorted, shaking his head and moving his feet, wishing desperately he could get warm. The slave was cold, abnormally cold, as if some dead horse was trying to freeze him, breathing frosty air on his cheeks and in his muzzle, gripping him with icy teeth. He was near the herd, remaining out of sight as not to be stabbed with horns and antlers, so as not to be gouged by some angry unicorn. Sno, the slave's master and mistress, likely, was inside the herd, where the frigid air was warmer from the masses of bodies, even though the numbers were smaller than they once were.

A slave should not complain. I am not whipped, nor beaten, after all. Bacchus told himself firmly, pushing away at his anger. He should be happy Sno didn't need him right now, savour these moments of quiet. At least I don't have to babysit. How Bacchus hated baby-sitting. Rapha, not Bacchus. The fjord reminded himself firmly. Sno had renamed him, and Rapha was his name. Rapha. Soon, as soon as Sno joined the Plague anyways, he was sure to be subject to all kinds of torment and even possibly tortue. Or poison. The coward tried to stop shivering, but now he wanted to colick as well, terrified of the possibilty of pain.

How he hated pain. How utterly he believed in unicorn supremacy.

""

[ooc: anyone's free to join, but chances are if any unicorns attack him Sno will be very mad...]

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT

Hrothgar and Beowulf Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hrothgar .and. Beowulf
pegasi | stallions | 18.3hh(each) | 13 years(each) | outcasts | twins | Hrothgar-Black | Beowulf-White

"Damn you!" Gar shouted angrily at his brother as the two scuffled in the sky. Beowulf's hoof smashing into the blacks cheek roughly, wings frantically flapping to gain control again. The beats uneven and unsteady as he lashed out at the white man. Teeth clamping against Beo's hard neck muscle. Clamping roughly and shaking violently. Pain. Pain the two twins loved.

"Hold it. the commanding tone of Gar as he leveled his wings and flew above some sort of tiny spec in the winter air. "Is it you now that is a coward?" a brief pause before black eyes flicked back in his skull and with a tight twist of his neck and snappy tone, "Are you a fool? Do you not see the tiny thing down there?" Beowulf's ears tilted back in shame of disappointing his kings authority. A playful name calling and Gar took it to heart. Black feathers took to a landing position as they tilted inward and he came diving from the sky like a huge ball of space. Quickly a white figure following on his tail. Enormous wings flaired out to take an abrupt imapact. Heavy hooves collided and then another set collided.

Hardy bones shook joyfully at the pain in their cold joints. Each man smiling from ear to ear evily at this tiny equine. Hrothgar took it as his chance to let off some steam, whispering closely to Beo's ear, "Play fairly." a deep tenor echoing in the pits of the white drafts eardrums. Those two words were something you never wanted to hear from Gar's lips. This Bacchus was in trouble now. No matter the horned creatures appearance. Would not mind to these two now.

Gar stared the tiny frame down with a high held head and a smirky grin wiped across his demonic face. Though Beo began walking forth. Ears clung tightly to his neck. Forward leg motions bringing him ever closer to the slave. Teeth bared and wings flared. Beowulf began to walk in circles, widely, around the tiny pony. Beowulf could step on this childs mere hoof and break every bone in his leg. "What a weakling you are." heavy tones reliving from the past. Each vocal eating at his innards. "I want your secrets pony boy, spill or my brother here will take you to the snow, rip you open with his hooves and toy with your innards while you lie awake." a kingly demand resting throughout his large bones. Would this slave be willing to die for some poor, idiot, unicorn that thought she was any better than others. Beo's pupil-less white eyes stabbed at Bacchus' face. Wandering across each blemish and poor feature. Teeth snapping in the air as he leaned in closer to the pony's ear, "Answer fool!" both twins had no clue of the Plague. Or anything to do with it. They just needed something to terrorize and holding secrets against someone was the way they were going about today.

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered

B A C C H U S

Bacchus watched with something between horror and confusion as the two pegasi spiraled down, ready and about to land. All too soon, the slave realized he was surrounded by certain enemies, as the white and black approached hauntingly. They were massive beasts, seemingly double his height, looming over him ominously. Black-tipped ears pinned as the horse quickly backed up, white snow caking black legs, dark eyes glittering with nerves and annoyance. Riff-raff. Pegasi had low opinions in the slave's mind- he had been raised for most of his life under unicorn rule, and pegasi, meanwhile, had been silly bounty-hunters and maids, never bound to unicorns as was proper for equines. Slaves may be low, but there, the slaves considered anyone free even lower.

"Back off, pegasi. You are threatening the Princess' only slave, and my lady would not be pleased to here of such actions you want to transpire. I would request you leave before someone else less kind drives you off." The pony's voice was surprisingly steady, with only the slightest of quavers to give him away. He whole-heartedly believed in his words, knowing that pegasi were so stupid they may just attempt to stay in the land home to the racist Plague.

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT