the Rift

[OPEN] garden of gethsemane

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark

Days passed. And with each day, Glasgow spent her determination and frustrations bleed into her work. She consistently embraced the chill in her bones, the creaking ice that enveloped her, all with the goal of creating something smooth. It hadn’t taken long for her to be able to actually get the glass to work how she wanted it to, of course with the help of the various designs and tasks her fellow herd mates had asked of her. It was still something she was trying to get used to despite how much she was using it. Her mind constantly trying to push away the feeling, emotional scarring from when the darkness of her homeland took over her mind. But after seeing what kind of beauty and intricate designs she could create with this sort of magic - it became easier.

And so the Glazier made her way to her favorite tree - the one that overlooked the cliffs as the waters below crashed and pulled, grasping at the rocky beaches beneath her. The birds chirped in the trees behind her as the clouds cast over what would have been a beautifully blue sky. There was a storm moving in, she could feel the shift in the winds and the threatening, looming dark skies that promised rain. It didn’t dwell on her, though. She spent so much time full of sadness and isolation, that having a job to do made it easier to put that past her. Now she was forced to do something instead of wallow in self pity. Of course, it wasn’t that she was being forced to do it, it was completely in her mind. She refused to be useless. Even her King thought she could do something better than what she had been, and with that alone, the scarred Glazier wouldn’t let him down.

Glasgow made herself comfortable beneath her tree, flashing a glassy gaze over the cliff’s edge before closing her eyes and inhaling deeply. As she exhaled, her eyes opened - letting the chill of her magic grow within her. It iced over every vein, made its way into every crevice, before she was able to maneuver the mists to her will. It formed and moved, slithering as liquid as she shaped it with a combination of her mind and her eyes, directing it and making sure it was exactly what she wanted out of it. It slid through the air as Glasgow sculpted what she wanted from it, at first making a cylindrical base and adding more and more to the walls, making a kind of cup shape. When she reached the top of where she felt it was tall enough, she indented it a small amount so that way if it were to fall over, everything wouldn’t fall out. It was for the healers after all!

When she had finished the first jar, she smiled down at it with a content sigh escaping her scarred scarlet lips. Then, with everything how she wanted it from the first one, she continued to make more and more, until a total of five small jars were complete. She breathed easy, then, feeling the magic seep out of her body and back into the stormy skies above. And so she stood, under her tree, admiring the work she had done.

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

Glasgow made 5 small glass jars for the healers!!
@Alysanne if you wanna pop in or not! Open for everyone else as well! :)

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A storm was coming and it pulled Alysanne to the cliffs, the heavy scent of rain on the wind was intoxicating. She didn’t always feel this way inclement weather, but today it felt right. She winced as she moved, the wound on her leg still fresh but it was finally clotted and no longer bleeding freely - so long as she didn’t move it too much. Flying was out for the moment, which worried her - would she forget all that she was learning with Lyanna if she took a few more days off?

That was her biggest concern, though infection was still a very real potential. She wasn’t exactly sure how far not healing it went for her quest so she didn’t want to take any risks. But if it did get bad, she could rinse it out with salt water from the ocean (though she worried about how that would feel) or if it got really bad she would heal it and start fresh with a new wound.

In the meantime, the red and angry gash on her thigh was easily hidden by her wings. She didn’t want any well-meaning herd members spotting it and raising a fuss like last time.

But while she stood on the cliffs, after making sure she couldn’t see anyone else, she unfurled her wings just a little bit so that the air could get to it - gasping sharply in pain, her green eyes closed briefly until it passed. Or, mostly passed anyway. The pain reminded her of the spar, of how foolish she had been to think she could enter another one, and she opened her eyes again to watch the approaching storm instead.

Not even that was a good distraction, though.

Gingerly, she folded her wings back close to her body - so that only those old scars showed near the joint and nothing about the fresh wound - and turned, wandering along the cliffs for a time until she spotted someone else - a mare she vaguely recognized with some glass items scattered around her. Certainly another member of the herd but there was no name to put to the face - a fact that Aly immediately decided to remedy. This could be a distraction.

Moving slowly, she approached with an easy smile on her face. “Hello! I don’t think we’ve met yet, I’m Aly - one of the healers. What are these for?” Her tone was light, filled with curiosity, as she looked down to the curious cylinder containers. They would be perfect for holding things - and her mind went immediately to dried plant material or even diluting plants in a wash of water that could be drank… Perhaps she would be able to borrow one in the future!
alysanne
image from flickr

@Glasgow I wasn't sure if Aly would know about the jars so I decided no xD
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

So innocent; pure & sweet.

She wondered the lands picking the way with pale cream hooves. Teal eyes flickered with glowing silver flames as the golden specter hid in the shadows. Tin silently crept beside his bonded. The pair made the perfect team. He would hide the two and the mare could pick out even the best lies most of the time. When they came to a small clearing the pale beauty watched the gray mare from the shadows. Teal orbs did not leave the glaziers body. Gold colors flickered in her pelt as she watched the glass jars form in front of her eyes. Silver flecks brightened her whole face as the mare finished her duty. Tin jumped out of the bush before Raeden could stop the small creature. His intricate horns lowered to sniff the new formed glass. Shaking her pale tresses the pale gold beauty stepped from the bush. Do not mind Tin, he has never seen that before. Your crafting is so beautiful. I could not help but watch from the shadows. As her sweet melodic voice came to a stop she turned to see the painted mare Aly. Honey dripped from her smile and across her maw How has that bag suited you? It is wonderful to see you again. Are these not one of the most beautiful creations you have seen?  Raeden pointed to the glass jars on the ground with a bright smile. Tin on the other hand lingered around them sniffing the things with great curiosity.

Raedens crowned skull turned to look back to Glasgow. Her head tilted slightly as an idea started to from in her skull. She wanted to see if the mare could make her and her sister something special. Pale gold lowered to the ground as she looked at blades of grass below her maw.Glasgow could you make me something very special? I know it could be a lot to ask for, but it would mean the world to me.   Her voice was lowered and almost hushed as she continued.  I have been wanting a small little charm on a bracelet for awhile. I just did not know who to ask. Your jars are so beautiful I was hoping you could make two for me. I want to bring one to me twin sister in the Basin, Maybe we will feel closer when we wear them... It just has to fit my upper leg and it would mean the world to me if you could. If you can't I do understand. I can pay you if you like... just tell me what Item catches your eye and you shall have it.   She tried to smile and fight back the pain, but it showed on her face. Her face could be read like a book, and she truly missed her sister.  

@Glasgow

speaking

OOC:: I would love two bracelets that kinda look like this one but with small leaves instead of flowers with a slightly larger cherry blossom flower, the other looks just like this with the same slightly larger cherry blossom flower <3

Raedens ::: http://sta.sh/0aeggiq1ts0

Hotarus::: http://sta.sh/0jhfylefi0m

Image Credits

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark

Of course, the Edge was populated. Full of life from all forms, not just the equines that inhabited it. Birds screamed from above her, fish surely were lurking below the cliffs. She was so pleased with the results of the glass jars, that she hovered over them when she was finished – afraid of the birds that sat in the tree above her that might just drop a rock causing her creation to shatter. However, as her pale body moved large and looming over the jars, she caught a glimpse of a figure moving toward her. Her head lifted, shifting to the creature that approached. She barely recognized the mare, but was safe from her memories when she introduced herself and what she did.

A grin grew across her scarred face, awkwardly pushing the large scars out in the movement. “Oh perfect! Hello Aly. I’m Glasgow, a new Glazier.” She admitted gently, stepping backward away from her creations as the mare asked what the jars were for. With a bright light in her glassy orbs she grinned again. “They’re actually for you! Well, all the healers. Our King asked me to make them for you.” Again, she smiled to the mare when another figure approached. It was a deer of some sort, large and bursting through the bushes. Eyes lingered on the creature as a mare followed that she did recognize. “Hello again Raeden!” My, what a strange pace the Glazier was going through. So cheerful and excited – but perhaps that’s what art did to someone. Turned their sadness and frustrations into elating pieces of work.

Then, her attention remained on Raeden as she asked her to create something for it. Ivory ears tipped toward the mare listening diligently, nodding along. “I can do my best.” The Glazier admitted, stepping away from her jars for a mere moment, drawing the fog back around her as it swirled and combined, growing into the liquid she had become so fond of. She watched it slither through the air as she began to make her creations. First, she made a beautiful interlocking chain-like looking bracelet adorned with little flowers of varying sizes. Gingerly, she let the creation rest upon the warm earth of the Edge before continuing on with the second one. It was very similar in type, a bracelet of interlocking chains once more but this time along with the flowers of varying sizes, she added another piece that nearly resembled babys breath. When she had finished, she looked to the Specter with a gentle smile, reminiscing in sisterly love after creating the bracelets. To her delight, they were smooth. Her practicing had been working! She figured that she wouldn’t need to make any more glass objects in the immediate future, so the Glazier allowed the glass to evaporate back into the fog she had drawn it from, glassy orbs glancing over to Raeden with a smile. “Will this be sufficient?” She questioned quietly.

Talk!

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

Glasgow made 2 bracelets for Raeden, both with varying floral patterns.
@Alysanne @Raeden

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

It was with a delighted sense of surprise that Aly heard the other mare explain that the jars were for her! Or, for the healers, which really - was even better. They would be so useful! Another surprise came soon after when Glasgow shared who had brought up the idea for the handy items. “Did he?” Aly tried her best to keep down the skepticism that Tembovu had asked for items for the healers, especially ones that would actually be useful, but she wasn’t sure that she succeeded so she continued in a more amiable tone. “How very thoughtful of him.”

They were soon joined by the ever-bubbly presence of Raeden, who floated in on honey-dipped words and compliments to spare. Alysanne found it easy to maintain her own smile. “Oh yes, the bag is wonderfully helpful. Thank you again!” No longer did she have to balance any plants she gathered on her back with Hemlock there with his small talons, trying to keep them still.

Her green eyes drifted to Glasgow as Raeden made a request, asking for something for her and her twin sister. Thinking of her own twin, Alysanne smiled warmly to herself and watched with keen interest as she got a first hand look at seeing Glasgow work the crafting magic. It had been a while since she had actually watched a crafter but it was just as incredible to see as it had been the first time when Kahlua had made her the headband that still rested on her head!

It must have been tricky to get the ornate flower designs but Glasgow made it look easy - the two objects forming before their eyes. Although it was not her opinion that truly mattered, she could not help but praise the hard work. “Oh they’re lovely! You have a gift, Glasgow.” She complimented the grey mare with a bright smile, peering at the bracelets and admiring the skill that had gone into them.

alysanne
image from flickr

idk if you guys wanted to continue this but I wanted to get a reply up either way <3
@Raeden @Glasgow
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries