the Rift

[PRIVATE] Watch the sun go down on Galway Bay

Sean Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Angel
I lay in Ma’s room, alone, half-awake on a thick bed of sweet barley and weed. My patchwork belly is engorged on warm milk – the sticky residue outlines my upper lip. In an adjacent room, my ole lady is standing in the doorway leading outside. She loves watching the nighttime sleuths fade into a pale mist, heavy with dew. I ignore her and bury my head against the fragrant wheat, determined to sleep in; but as the sluggish moments pass on…my mind stays stubbornly wakeful. Any chance of a return visit to dreamland is further removed when these ears catch the rolling baritone of Da’s voice in that other room. His has always intimidated me – like the first gentle booms of thunder, warning those below to take cover. Dual hued ears prick forward and my head slowly rises from that soft bed. Ma say’s something sharp in reply. She normally has a sweetness about her, pliable and encouraging – but that same woman could smart like a lash…biting into the flesh it was unleashed upon.

Because eavesdropping wasn’t a word in my vocabulary…(yet)… there isn’t one ounce of guilt in stretching my thin neck out to overhear their conversation. (Which becomes steadily louder and easier to catch as they continue.)

“Cé mhéad dár bpáistí a thabhairt duit suas chun iad?” She hisses the word ‘them’ between her teeth – though every syllable sounds tight…like she was in pain. I didn’t understand...but corroding would eventually seep poison in her blood. Da breaths out, steady as the current of a river – “Ní mór do gach pas a fháil sa ghnás,” he chastises gently, “Rinne tú. Rinne mé.” She rebukes him, “Two, Angus,” it dawns on me that they spoke of my siblings. Whose names I’ve never heard...because it was forbidden to repeat, or reused a failed name.

“Dhá cheann dár leanaí atá imithe agus tá súil siad dúinn a sheoladh amach ceann eile!”

“Myrna… Ní chuirimid bhfuil rogha” For the first time since I’ve known life, Da sounds grey – just as rusted as his mate. “Iarracht,” she insists, her breath flutters like the wings of a bee. “D'fhéadfadh muid--,” but the remainder of that sentence is cut off, “Go Leor!” I flinch, his words cut deeper than hers, “Ná labhairt ar seo arís ... tá a fhios agat an pionós.”

Another dream…

Seems I’m plagued by them nightly now. A disgruntled sigh drifts from me as these eyelids widen. I blink, but the pupil within is hazy and slow to shake its shagged remnants. Overhead it is bucketing to no end. Giant goblets of water drip down from a kaleidoscope. I’ve taken shelter under a thick overhang of fallen trees, but their protection isn’t perfect. Water still seeps between limbs and dead foliage. Pinions curl tighter, the coverts on top are damp but below their downy fold my flesh is warm and dry. I wait, mindlessly numb to anything of mental value. Eventually, the late morning sky lightens to a drizzle – even so, heaven remains grey and foredooming.

SEAN

@Vu

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

And overhead the aspen heaves

The abysmal torrent from the skies begins quickly and I lament my decision to stroll through the cloud covered night. You accursed fool! I hurl insults at myself in time with the ones from my mother’s raspy voice inside my mind. She rants and raves and for just a moment I think I see her swirling form pacing on the path before me as she tosses venomous words my way. Oh how many times have I heard the voice of my vanished dam rattling my brain? Far too many to even begin to count and pitch features twist in a grimace. Mud splattered limbs hesitate in their next step at a particular barb from my mother’s mouth but I push through it. I know she is not truly here with me nor can she project her voice into my thoughts but for the first eight months of my life her scratching chords were all I heard. Correcting, shaping, creating. The words whisper across my tongue but I do not speak them; her intensive lessons before she disappeared all bore the same purpose in mind.

Blackened lids seal off cerulean pools from the rest of the world.

The erratic thoughts bouncing around me fall away then and I turn my sight back to the skies. The downpour shows no signs of stopping which is just as well since I have no intention of going home tonight. The ache in my chest pains me the most when I am there, surrounded by equines referred to as my herd family and I am not eager to return to the place where my loneliness is inescapable. There are many there, I have stumbled across their scent trails and even witnessed some of them gathering but no one there save two have spoken to me. Truthfully, their reluctance to engage me and my resulting turbulent emotions surprise me.

A carefully crafted and perfect mask of serene neutrality descends upon inked features.

The mask is comforting, peace giving and my sole ability to cope (properly ignore) uncomfortable emotions while in the presence of others but lately I bear it even while alone. Gracefully sculpted legs lead me to a thicker section of trees where the overlapping canopy provides much needed shelter from the night-chilled rain. Sensing no other souls nearby I lean into a evergreen and my eyes drift close before I can convince myself it is safer to remain alert. The dawning light, grayed out and hazy, draws me away from fitful dreams of unfulfilled and broken promises. Cautiously I pick my way back to the main trail I was following during the night but it quickly becomes apparent that I chose incorrectly; this path nothing like the one before. It is denser, overgrown and scarcely used I surmise as branches and leaves scratch against my mud covered hide. I ignore the sensation however when cerulean eyes spy a familiar form lurking under a tree. “Sean?” I breathe in a whisper and amble his way. The ever present mask is firmly in place, but my eyes betray how glad I am to see a face I know and knows me in return.

It’s rainy-sounding silver leaves

"speech"

OOC:  It's finally up, I'm sorry for the wait! <3  

@Sean

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-