[OPEN] Pieces of the Puzzle

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Waking to the first sounds of life upon the forest the pale mare lay there watching the sun rise slowly up from behind the mountain. Hikari still slept soundly curled up beside her with her tails curled around her protectively. All was silent except for the birds overhead beginning their morning serenades and the rustling of the treetops with the soft wind that blew in from the north. So much was on the mare's mind that it had taken forever for her to fall asleep the previous night so it barely felt as if she had slept. This was her first week since becoming Czarina and still she felt as if there were things that she ought to be doing outside of the things she had done already. Recruiting had been the focus of the past couple afternoons to attempt to rebuild their numbers from when the invasion cut them in half. She figured the more members they had the better their chances of withstanding whatever else Helovia had to throw at them. It didn't take much time to wake her bonded and get about on their day but still her mind remained restless.

Moving out to the borders the white mare walked trying to put her mind to rest that there was nothing that was pending in her list of responsibility. They had warriors to patrol their borders, she shouldn't be worried about invasions or intruders right? Sighing softly the mare scanned her blue eyes around anyways just to make sure that she was not being over confident in what the herd had available to them. Who even were their warriors? Who were their sleuths? There was so much information that she had yet to find out was she even ready to take over Kaj's responsibility's? How much had she not been told about? What was she missing?

Frustrated with all the open ended questions the Czarina finally tried to settle down to grab some food before they headed out back to the threshold to see what might present itself today. Grabbing a mouthful of the sweet spring grass she chewed slowly trying not to think about anything and everything.

"Talk."
notes;
tag;
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Tristan Posts: 8
Outcast
Colt :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 6 Months
Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
He was still growing. Still filling out. How big was he going to get?

The young Prince's legs were thickening at the knees, his hooves still too small for the rest of his growing body, hind end growing taller far faster than his withers could keep up with. He was an awkward looking thing at one season old, but Tristan did his best to not let it stop him. Gangly, lanky, the sooty buckskin colt looked like nothing more than a growing youngster to the common eye, but to him, well... He felt awkward.

Weird.

Different. Always different.

His left eye continued to be quite bothersome, itching and aching, and still nothing he could think to do could soothe it. No amount of scratching or pawing could bring him relief. Destrier and Romani had tried nearly everything they could think of as well, from swabbing it with cool water (which helped only temporarily), or mixes of medicinal herbs that sometimes stung something fierce and smelled so awful it made him sneeze.

And the flies! Oh, how Tristan loathed the flies.

They must've thought it was quite the fun game, buzzing around his head only to land on the deformed eyelid of his left eye, biting and being quite the nuisance. The youngling had decided then and there, if there were Gods, that they must've been quite insane to make flies exist. Stupid little black buzzing beasts...

It was early one morning that the sooty Prince found himself wandering alone from the sides of his parents, nibbling on a few strands of greenery whenever he passed. It wasn't near as delicious as Romani's nutritious milk, but the Haflinger had stated, quite forcefully, that since he was growing he would need to learn to forage and eat grass like the rest of them. Not that Tristan was put out by that... Just disappointed.

Still, a Prince he was and a Prince he had to act, so sucking up his disappointment -- and the yearning for the taste -- he had ventured off to find something that might soothe his left eye. It had woken him up with it's stupid nagging, and he was growing more and more annoyed with it.

"Stupid thing... Stupid, stupid, stupid."

What he hadn't counted on, however, was encountering another on that particular morning. The colt's striking turquoise eyes widened minutely when he happened upon an ivory lady who must've been helping herself to breakfast. Who was she? Was she a member of the herd, too? Upon his rump, the tuft of ombre hairs flicked at the prospect of meeting another herdmate. She was a pretty lady, all white like the clouds sometimes in the sky, and he smiled, opened his mouth to call to her... And then shied back, embarrassed.

What if she thought him strange? Or nasty? Because of his eye...? But maybe she knew of something to help? But what if she was too busy to help him? Or didn't like him?

"E-excuse me...?" Tristan asked, his tone cracking with hesitance, "Um... Miss? My... My name's Tristan, and, uh... I was wondering if you could help me? Please?"

Image Credit

@Brisa - Hope you don't mind Tristan paying a visit. :3
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

she still had hope.

Things had been quiet for most of the time spent foraging around for the tasty morsels until footfalls caught her attention. Lifting her head her bright eyes fell upon a colt no more than a couple of months old approaching her slowly and with hesitance. Her first thought was that one so young should be with their parents but she supposed that they were not too far off and of the herd. The youngster didn't smell foreign which let her mind rest that the boy was in no real danger out here by himself, well unless she turned into a foal eating monster which would never happen. Gazing around behind the colt she vaguely searched for who the boy might belong to but of course she found her search as empty as the fields around her.

"Hello Tristan." She greeted, a gentle smile turning her lips up. For a colt so young she was already quite impressed with his vocabulary and speech capability, a sure sign of a smart boy. "Ok?" the soft voice that sounded within her mind startled her slightly before she managed to catch on to who it was speaking. Hikari? Letting her gaze fall to the kitsune sitting quietly by her feet she couldn't quite believe that she was finally able to speak. Joyous energy rushed through her veins as the thrilling milestone of her bonded as she lowered her head to nuzzle her head gently. With a nod she once again returned her gaze back to Tristan as Hikari wagged her tails and took a few steps closer knowing now that the boy was a friend and no one to worry about. "My name is Brisa and this here is Hikari." She added motioning to her bonded as she introduced themselves to the colt.

Scanning her eyes over the buckskin casually the first thing to catch her attention was the boy's eye. Something was visibly wrong with it but she couldn't discern what unless she was to examine it closely. It did look awfully irritating though she mused silently trying to think of anything that Aly had taught her that might be of use. Remembering that the boy had asked for her help she finally got around to responding. "Of course I will help you. What do you need? "

"Brisa Speaks.""Hikari Speaks."
notes; He is more than welcome :)
tag; @Tristan  
image credits
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Outcast
Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
The ivory lady raised her pretty head and Tristan lowered his, submissively, hesitantly, and clearly uncertainly, ears flicking forward as he carefully watched her every movement. One wrong move on her part and he was ready to bolt, but... Surely nothing would happen, right? As long as he was inside of the herd boundaries, he was safe. Romani and Destrier had told him so. Any fears of her allegiance were quick to dissipate when a small, curling smile lit up her features, and the young Prince's gaze brightened, tail thumping against a sooty rump.

'Hello Tristan.' Her voice was warm, welcoming, motherly, setting him even more at ease. She smelled of the Hidden Falls, of the lush fields and thick grasses, of the morning dew and flowing cool waters. The colt's inquisitive turquoise eyes snapped to the white lady's companion. Perhaps, if he hadn't lived with Kasai, Merlin, and Suli, Tristan wouldn't know what a companion was, but he did, even though he had no idea what this specimen was. It definitely was no white tiger like Kasai, or a dragon like Suli and Merlin, that was for sure.

The white mistress went on, her tone just as soft and imploring as before, and humbly did she introduce herself. Brisa was her name, and it rang no bells in the colt's head. Then again, he hadn't met very many members of the Hidden Falls herd, preferring to stay close to his mother or father, their companions, or in solitude. Hikari was the name of the companion, a cute little thing with more than one tail, which the sooty colt found oddly endearing.

He smiled, boyish and charmed.

"H-hello, miss Brisa, and... And Hikari." The name was hard to say on his tongue, strange and foreign, but he dipped his skinny muzzle towards the pair, remembering his mannerisms and eloquence.

Brisa went on, inquiring what he needed assistance with, and Tristan's sooty breast puffed out as he inhaled, teeth gnashing in a bright smile, his previous transgressions against the ivory lady completely forgotten with her kindness and generosity. The Prince's muzzle opened to speak, and then he paused mid-breath and instead lowered his head to rub at the irritating, relentless itch of his left eye against his left foreleg. He scratched and itched and groaned and muttered incoherent words of displeasure, clearly uncomfortable, and it was only when the itching had subsided enough that he heaved a breath and looked back up to Brisa and Hikari, feeling somewhat sheepish.

"Um... Um." What had he wanted? Water? A salve? Was that even the right word? "Do, um... Miss Brisa, do you know where any w-water is? Or, or... Um." Here, he paused, lips pursed in thoughtfulness as he blinked repeatedly, deformed eyelid scraping along his left eye in the most displeased way. "Um, or salve? Momma calls it salve. The thing made by mushing smelly grasses together? Salve?" He snorted and stamped a small hoof in indignation.

"My eye is stupid, and it hurts, and... Sometimes Momma will put salve on it and make it feel better. Or, or rub water on it." Normally the young Princeling would be far too self-conscious or scared to ask a complete stranger to help when it came to his eye, the ugly, deformed part of him that he was ashamed of, but the itchiness and the pain was simply too much.

Image Credit

@Brisa - Sorry for the wait! :D

she still had hope.

Watching the poor colt itch at his painful eye made her uncomfortable knowing just how much discomfort he was likely in. Think... what was it that could help him? It was infuriating to know that there might be possibilities out there but yet her mind was too lax to remember them when she needed it. This was probably the prime reason that she had not chosen to become a healer like her dear friend, she got too attached to cases like this where it seemed there was nothing she could do to be of any help. Great leader she was turning out to be, she couldn't even help heal the wounds of another that was suffering. Mentally sighing the pale mare tried to be a little kinder to herself, this was not her fault that this had happened though she felt responsible to try something to help.

Hikari sat patiently watching the young boy before them trying to think of something to help her bonded sensing her inner turmoil. "Wat out tree?" Looking down to her bonded with confusion she tried to figure out what she was trying to say. After a couple minutes of random guesses she knew there had to be some importance to the words that she was missing. Something about a tree... wait.. the tree. Eyes widen with realization as the idea slowly formulates within her head, of course that was it! Hikari had to be talking about the tree that had given her the newest form of her magic, healing magic! Why had she not thought about this sooner?

"I haven't got any salve but I think that I might know of something else that could help." She said with much more confidence than before. Now she just had to figure out how she was supposed to use her magic surely it couldn't be that hard. Her one fear with trying something new like this was for her to accidentally call upon the wrong magic. She sure as hell didn't want to fry the poor boy and make his problems a thousand times worse! Pushing the thought as far away from her mind as possible she took a deep breath to relax her beating heart. "I want to try something to help your eye if that's alright with you. Magic might be able to give you some relief that a salve and water cannot. Are you ok with that?" She asked wanting to make sure that she at least had Tristan's permission before she just randomly reached out towards his already irritated eye. She would hate to scare the lad off before she got a chance to try out her magic to see if it will work.

Lowering her head slightly to be on the same level as him she awaited an answer before proceeding. This had to work, it just had to.

"Brisa Speaks.""Hikari Speaks."
notes;
tag;  @Tristan
image credits

Outcast
Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
As it turned out, he must have the worst of luck. Brisa, despite her kindred tone and lovely smiles had no salve on her, but before he could dwell on the fact that he'd have to suffer a bit more until he could get home to Romani and Destrier, the ivory lady continued to speak with her soft, lulling voice.

She knew of something else that might help? Immediately the young Prince was intrigued, curiosity getting the best of him, small ears perked forward to listen with rapt attention. What could it be if not salve, water, or other herbal medicines?

"You do?" He questioned innocently, turquoise eyes growing wide as he stared at the white lady. "What is it?" Just as before, Brisa went on, confidently stating that magic might be able to help his eye. Magic? True, genuine magic?

Destrier knew magic, Tristan thought. His father could choke the breath out of his foes with special fire magic, and Merlin and Suli both had magic, as did Kasai. Magic, as whole, was not a foreign concept for the young sooty colt, but having it used on him? To heal his stupid eye? For a moment the Prince stood stock-still, the only movement the occasional blink of his eyes and the swish of his ombre tail, before a slow but elated smile lit up his face.

"Yeah!" And here, he positively bounced where he stood, long, lanky legs swaying as his tiny body twisted and jerked, hooves unconsciously pawing at the earth in genuine excitement. All of this made him forget his manners, and perhaps Romani would be displeased of him acting so foolishly in the company of such a lovely lady as Brisa, but... But magic! True magic! Magic that might be able to help his eye! Would it fix it? Or just make the itchy pain stop for awhile? Tristan had no way of knowing, but that was alright.

He was young, eager, and gullible, and if Brisa believed that magic could help, then who was he to argue her statement? Besides, the pale mistress seemed like such a lovely woman, that it was hard not to trust her.

It was only then that the buckskin youth stood still once more, lips quivering with anticipation. "What do I do? Do I just have to stand here, Miss Brisa? I can stand real still." And for emphasis, did just that, going so far as to hold his breath within his tiny chest.

Image Credit

@Brisa <3