the Rift

Tarnished Diamonds [OPEN]

Athenä Posts: 23
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 [Bird Song]
Candy

athenä
Oh Father tell me, Do we get what we deserve?

"This will have to do."  She sighed roughly, trying to catch her breath as she walked under an old oak tree. It had been a long time since she stood upon these lands, in fact she barely remembers anything about them. She remembers her mother as nothing more than a deserting whore and her father as her savior. They traveled together, learning new things. Becoming this perfection of a mare. It was Birdsong, officially making her three years of age. She was a big girl now, and could handle herself on her own. Though she did favor the company of her father, as he was well known in many parts of the world; now she could breathe.

For a moment, she felt proud; happy. Velvet lips twisting into a seductive grin letting violet mirrors gaze over the forest. She had returned to her birth place. Dual-toned tiara elevated, lobes erect with pride as the tall lithe mare basked in her own distraught beauty. Spiral horn mingling in the leaves as she gazes up through the branches. To her dismay, the sky was growing thick with clouds and with the current drought that wasn't a good sign. Hell, rain was never a good sign to her. It made her appear wet. It ruined her long flowing mane and matted her tail. 

'Just my fucking luck.' She rambled inside her mind as violet eyes glared at the skies before rolling to the back of her head. Bodice shifting slightly to the right to be as close to the tree as possible; just not touching- can't ruffle the sleek coat. Rain was coming, that means mud was coming; meaning her beauty was about to be washed away and tarnished in muck. Flinching to a crack of thunder, the rain came down hard and in sheets as she tucked closer to the tree. Yin-yang lobes pinning against her soaked grown, as her head lowered in disgust; a glowing eye peaking through her soaked strands as liquid flushed across her face, gazing up to the heavens. 

"Seriously? Have you nothing better to do?!" She spat. 'Ruin my first day back home, useless filthy GODS!'  Not amused she stomped a hoof into the earth, mud splashing upon her belly and white washed legs. 

'DAMMIT.'  This, was not her day indeed.

Image Credit

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
The day was dull and dreary, and Själ was far from home. Rain had never really bothered the mare, nor the mud that it created; the princess was not a vain creature, not concerned with vague concepts of beauty that she had never really learned, anyway. Her mother had been plain, almost homely, but Psyche the DarkEmpress had never commanded armies with her looks. Besides, Själ hadn't been raised to be prissy. She had been raised to be queen. And that, by all accounts, was a dirty, dirty job.

In any case, the girl knew that she was quite far from ruling much of anything, particularly a kingdom, and in truth, she rarely pined for the life her mother had promised her anymore. There were better things to concern herself with - like, for example, learning as much of her mother as she could. How was she to know if she should ever want to follow in Psyche's footsteps if she had never even known what the Empress was really like?

Själ rarely traveled as far east as the Threshold anymore, not since she had found a place within Helovia to call her own. She had passed through this forest four times: twice upon arriving in Helovia and twice upon departing. Now she came with no intentions of leaving - no, it was her wandering heart that brought her to the gates of Helovia, for even though she had decided to stay in the Basin for a while, she could not stop herself from flitting here and there on a whim.

As rain began to fall, the girl caught sight of a tree beneath which she could take pause and consider where to go from here. She made for it at a lazy trot, unconcerned with the way the water matted her mane and the dirt muddied her tail. Upon arriving, however, she was surprised to find that the tree in question was already occupied - by a rather grumpy looking unicorn mare, at that. Själ raised a wicked eyebrow, an easy grin coming to her face. Something in her had settled since joining Erebos in the Aurora Basin - something of her mother had come back to her - and with each new interaction, she found herself more and more interested in how she could get beneath other horses' skin.

"Lovely day," she stated, her lashes fluttering innocently. "What brings you here?" She paused, then shook violently, throwing much of the water that had accumulated on her pelt every which way and watching the other mare to gauge her reaction. It was so interesting to study psychology!

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Athenä - bitchy Själ is bitchy.

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä

Standing in her muddy gloom, the painted vixen lost her thoughts to the sound of the rainfall. But something else lingers in the air; and it wasn't anything fresh like the scent of falling rain. Violets alight with annoyance rested upon another unicorn. A pale faced girl with two reflective horns.  

Lovely Day.

The voice of the pale face mare echoed through the rain. ' Ahah, Snarky little bitch.'  Athena would growl if she could, dual toned lobes pinning into wet strands of ink and ivory. What brings you here? The filth spoke again, standing there all proud and flashy eyed in her dirty skin. But before Athena could answer her question, the mare began to shake. 'No.. no.. no..' Crown tossed  to the side as eyes closed to avoid being filled with filthy water. "What are you DOING?!"  She hissed.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!"  Tone like fueled poison as she gazed upon the girl. Glancing over her snow dipped legs, and soaked speckled body. 'Maybe, JUST maybe I should test my magic out on you, little wench!'  She mused to herself. Pissed. No use in standing under the oak now, she was drenched and dusted with this mares filth. A slight sympathy was felt for the ugly little thing. She held no regard for her own appearance, no wonder she didn't care for anyone's beauty. 

Shoulders rolled, as the now dirty vixen slid out from beside the tree and squared up with the pale faced bitch. Lobes pinned, neck curved as crown cocked to the side with narrowed eyes. "Didn't your mamma teach you not to play with fire ?"  And just like that, the flames rolled off her skin and surrounded her body with a warm angry glow.  'Bitch.'

Was she going to actually hurt someone? She wasn't sure- deep down she didn't want too. But then again, she did ruin her beautiful coat. 

Image Credit

@Själ - Athenä is sooo mad. xD

Själ
When she appeared next to the stranger, the dual-toned mare had the gall to pin her ears, as though Själ weren't about a million steps higher than she in the hierarchy of Helovia.  Who did the bitch think she was?  Själ was a princess (well, maybe not technically), the daughter of Psyche the DarkEmpress.  The least she could do was show a little respect.  (Okay, so Själ was in a bit of an odd mood.)  The princess returned the gesture in kind, adding a simpering smile to the mix.  "Oh, come now, that's no way to greet a stranger," she purred.  Her smile never reached her eyes.  "Didn't yours teach you manners?"  Or was she too busy whoring herself out to bother? she almost added, but stopped herself at the last moment.

Ansgar, noting the trouble that her bonded had managed to get herself into (what the hell was wrong with her today?), adjusted her flight path immediately.  On silent wings she flew, dark spheres crackling to life at her paws.  She landed as quietly as possible in the branches of the tree above the stranger, doing her best to remain unseen and unheard.  If things went badly, she would be prepared to join the speckled unicorn in a fight.

Själ raised an eyebrow at the painted mare.  "You know," she comments wryly (talk about a 180), "the rain will wash the dirt away if you'd just stand still a moment.  It'll pass soon; these Birdsong showers never last long. The sun will dry you right up; no need to get yourself all in a tizzy."  She rolled her eyes, considering what she had learned:  the mare was unfriendly, at the very least, and perhaps her reaction was a result of vanity.  She was willing to use violence, but not stupidly so (after all, she hadn't attacked immediately, which Själ had half expected).  "Besides," she continued, that mischievous grin returning.  "You're much too pretty to start your time in Helovia off by fighting someone, don't you think, sweetheart?"

Själ didn't want a fight, not really.  She just wanted to see how far she could go.

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Athenä

Pixel by Reli <3

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä

'Who does she think she is?' She continued her violet glare. 'Does she not know who I am?' Stranger. She was no stranger; not to this place. Born here during the Birdsong season, three years ago nearly to the date.

Didn't yours teach you manners? Dual toned lobes remained twisted back and buried deep into her soaked marble hairs. So what if her mother played no part in her upbringing? This other filly didn't know that- for all she knew I would be the Queen of Helovia, or maybe daughter of one of the pathetic gods that rule these lands. Ink lips laced with ivory tones smudged into a sinister grin, head tilting curiously as flames continued to dance upon her soaked skin, steam rolling as the flames would die and rebirth again.

"She taught me many things."  Honeysuckle lyrics seep from velvet lips as she holds her gaze.  Her dam taught her the worst things in life. Abandonment, rejection, the feeling of not being wanted.  'But to you, shes the Queen of the World, and nothing less.'  She wanted to spit, let the venom soak into the others ears; let her think about what could happen.

Painted limbs frosted in mud(mostly from her own doing) shifted slightly; yin-yang dial returning to its normal height as flames dispose of themselves under the shower of liquid dousing her coat. Tassels, slick- oily, cling to the side of her neck and crest. Eagerly she listened to the speckled filly speak her mind, her grin creeping back upon painted lips. Was she finally feeling scared? The thought of it, made her giggle as a sudden burst of laughter erupted from her chest.

Besides The speckled spoke again, had she not learned her lesson? Violet eyes flashed with curiosity as she moved closer, twisted midnight sword at the ready should pale face decide go crazy. She would never admit how good it was to be in the company of another mare; a young unicorn like herself. Never would she admit, or bow down to such inferiority. "Never to pretty for a fight, sweetheart."  She breathed, her smirk slowly fading into oblivion as she nears the pale faced mix. Squaring off again but relaxed this time; even if she was a muddy fitly mess- she'll just have to clean up later. She could stay- and play.

"Why are you here?" Stern tones pealed from between her lips; she was emotionless on her face. But on the inside, she was screaming..

'..Stay..'

Image Credit

@Själ

Själ
Själ was oblivious to how closely she hit the target:  that Athenä's mother had left her; that the pair of them shared that particular trait in common; that the abandonment, the betrayal, the anger that was left behind was within her new comrade as well - it was lost on the princess, who found herself pleased to have controlled, thus far, the direction of the conversation.  It was she who had driven the painted mare to reveal her flaming magic (not, in Själ's opinion, the smartest thing to do, not when she could easily have kept that little trick up her sleeve as an unpleasant surprise during battle).  It was she who had diffused the flames, invited the mare to settle into some semblance of peace.

Let the bitch think that she was the superior in the situation; it was Själ who remained in control.

"As did mine," Själ retorted, her eyes glittering dangerously.  She was not aggressive, not this time - the faint gleam of malice in her amber gaze was a mere warning, a minuscule glimpse of what she was capable of.  The pair of them squared off, muddied and wet, and suddenly the painted mare broke into a giggle.  Whatever Athenä found funny was lost on the princess, who smirked slightly (as though to herself) and regarded her with a certain lofty coolness.  Yes, let your guard down.  Idiot.

"Never too pretty for a fight."  At that, Själ grinned widely.  "I like you already," she told the stranger.  As for why she was here, she merely shrugged.  "Sometimes I get bored, and then I wander.  I just happened to end up here, same as you.  I'm Själ."

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Athenä

Pixel by Reli <3

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Oh, dear, there was quite the bickering battle going on right over these damned ferns.

With a huff, the tiny mare shoved her self as carefully as she could through the gathering of plants, their fronds reaching up to blind her as she moved. Tucking her head down and squeezing shut her eyes, the petite lass emerged from the wretched plants covered in a fine layer of pollen. Quirking her brow, Ovi gave a curt nod to what looked to be too mares before using her leonine tail and it's wild plume of hair to lightly dust away at the dusting of gold that covered her skin and horns.

At last, as the last bit of nature's baby-makers were brushed away, the Aurelian lass gave a dainty shake of her tail before moving closer to the pair. Golden eyes were alight with curiosity and mischief as she looked upon the pair of mares - both seemed about ready to rip the other's head off, and while that may have been an entertaining concept, Ovi really wasn't one for gore unless entirely necessary.

She was a lady, after all.

"Hello, ladies," Her voice lacked it's usual amiability, instead smoothed over with a layer of pomp and cool aplomb, "I'm Ovidius, and I would hope that mares of high regality such as yourselves could refrain from a fight here; the Threshold is a cruel place for the injured and impaired." Again, an invisible brow quirked and her lips folded into a seamless grin as she regarded the towering women with a keen eye, "I'm Ovidius and it's a delight to have stumbled across you here. Neither of you bear the haughtiness of one in a herd, it seems. Are the both of you nomads?"

Gods wreck it all, she hated civility.
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

Going to the Threshold was by far not my favorite thing to do. However, Sarabi insisted that we go. After all, if I am going to prove I can be a productive member of the Falls.. Well going out and bringing new faces home was a part of that. Sarabi bounces along in front of me, enjoying the fact that my mood seems to be a bit lighter lately. Maybe it's the fact that I am finally moving on from my mother's murder and father's disappearing act. My half siblings were also no where to be found, not that I have any idea where to begin to look other than the Basin. Last I knew, it was not wise as an equine to just go waltzing up north and demand to see Zünden or Adelric. They were trying to pass as full blood unicorns. Mother had told me that much. There was so much she had told me that I have never told anyone else other than Sarabi.

Like the fact Momma had adopted a little girl she found in the Meadow. I don't remember why, but I remember what Momma had told me about the little filly. She should be around a year older than me now. With a black and white coat and almost purple eyes.... What was that? Sarabi, who was still bounding ahead of me had seen someone who matched the very filly I had just been thinking of. No way.... Athenä had been missing for a long time. The only reason Momma told me of her, was in case she came back...

Sarabi moves along, leading me to where she had just seen the mare. Sure enough as we arrive, she was there. I swear she looks almost like Momma had described.... But of course, she's not alone. A common thing here in the Threshold. I sigh, and decide to cut straight to the chase regardless of the other two. Your name isn't Athenä by any chance? You look so much like someone my mother described... Sarabi nudges me gently. I am Vitani by the way, and this is Sarabi. We come from the Hidden Falls. There, I have done it. One way or another, i'd have an answer here soon. I also had the chance of bringing home three it looks like... Unless one is from another herd and I just don't know that scent...

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

OOC - So bad, but like I told Candy I had to throw her in here

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä

Athenä did her best to remain calm and collected, vivid pools lingering upon that of the pale-faced minx. She was so tired of feeling alone, but didn't know quite how to handle being around others. Her ego and snobbish personality made it hard for her to obtain friendships; most of them were very short lived. It was honestly depressing, and she often moped about the idea in the shadows of her alone time. But it was stupid to grovel at the feet of another for friendship, right? There was no running around, and skipping through the meadows. It was just her and the flames, beauty and the beast.

I like you already. 'I bet you do, everyone does.' She thought to herself, deciding rather not to blurt out how much better she was than that of the speckled one. She gets bored, and wanders around aimlessly. Seemed like a fair enough answer to her question; but she wasn't buying it completely. Attention however, fell to the environment as the sound of the rainfall had begun to cease; the semi-cool air replaced with a sticky heat. Glancing down, she frowned at the pooling water at her feet; the slick mud she stood in. Obsidian pendulum flicking try in annoyance. I'm Själ The name, taken and stored away for later use should she have to track down the pale faced bitch. Light foot falls near sloshing of the foliage pulling her attention away.

Hello, ladies.  Lobes turned to the source, as eyes followed suit resting upon a rather unique creature, unicorn. Such a tiny thing, adorned with beautiful gold horns and markings and those eyes reflected the sun-god himself in their vibrant specs. Spears of gold protrude from her spine, and this Athenä find strange. Once again, before she had a moment to even whisper a single syllable the midget speaks her name. Ovidius, but that wasn't all she had to say. She continued her preaching on how we shouldn't be fighting in the Threshold. Lobes returned back to her skull as she gave a sly grin to the pale faced Själ. The midget unicorn creature-thing continued to speak; questioning them about a herd. All the while, the painted leg closest to her lifted swiftly - just as quickly slamming into the mud puddle she was standing in, aiming to splash it all over her pretty little face.

'I'll be damned if I'm the only filthy one here.' She thought with a mischievous grin, as she returned her gaze back to the ink and gold mare. "Whoops, delighted to meet you." She cooed with a sheepish grin as she snaked her head around to get a satisfied view of Ovidius, hoping the mud had just spat upon her ruining some of that blinding golden glow. "I suppose," She breathed, her grin still curled upon her lips in mockery. . "But this used to be home."  She said proudly; hinting at the fact she was no new face in these woods.

Among her entertaining intervals with this mare, she totally failed to notice another approaching. Your name isn't Athenä by any chance?  'What..' Violet eyes turn to rest upon a chocolate filly, silently looking her up and down, brow raised. 'How do you know me?' Images of equine she had met in the past flashed through her mind but none matched with this one, nothing about her screams I know you. Subtlety noting the canine at her feet, as she continues with introductions. Vitani- no nothing.

"Yes, my name is Athenä." Lyrics curious and full of question- thought she halfheartedly wanted to say no- she continued; "Your mother, what was her name?" She had a serious expression on her face now, she had never mentioned to anyone her history here. Other than Quinn, no one knew about her adoptive parent before she decided to leave Helovia and look for Nato. Kiara, the beautiful equine mare that had given her a second chance at life when all had been abandoned.. but, this couldn't be.. could it?

Image Credit

@Själ
@Ovidius - sorry she's mean. xD
@Vitani

Själ
The princess had just offered her name when another presence interrupted the rather entertaining interaction that she had been sharing with the stranger. One ear flicked back idly in annoyance; she had not yet gathered the painted bitch's name, and it was definitely one that she would want to know. A tiny unicorn mare was approaching, reproof on her delicate features. She was black accented with gold, and to the Empress's daughter, she seemed disgustingly proper. The girl had long since learned to hold her tongue, but diplomacy had never been appealing.

Although... the tiny mare had mentioned mares of regality - did Ovidius know who she was? And if so... the princess glanced quickly at the painted mare, a sidelong glance from the corner of her eye that would most likely go unnoticed. Just who was she, if she was anyone at all?

So instead of answering with an innocent, 'Oh, do you know me?' or something to that effect, the mare merely smiled sweetly, fully intending to play the part of the polite princess - and then Athenä splashed heavily in the mud, shooting a sly grin to her first companion. A part of Själ disapproved, for she had only shaken her own muddy coat onto the painted bitch as a social experiment; another part of her snickered, for it would seem that she had found a rather easily manipulated follower. After all, Själ had been the first to spread the filth.

Her silence was maintained as Athenä spoke; and then there was yet another who had joined their little soirée. This time, it was a bay equine whose dark locks faded into a pretty cream color. When she spoke, it was to ask if the painted stranger was Athenä - suddenly curious, the princess cocked her head to one side. Who the hell is this bitch? Athenä admitted that she was, in fact, the mare that the newcomer (Vitani, the princess reminded herself, filing away the name for future use) was searching for.

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

@Ovidius

Pixel by Reli <3

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

The false politeness of the moment was already weighing on the mare.

She felt her shoulders rolling beneath her skin, her teeth clenching together in either annoyance or frustration, she couldn't decide. Taking a deep breath, the tiny mare decided that she would distance herself from the situation for a moment to re-center herself. Nodding quickly and taking a handful of steps back, Ovi turned her head toward the sound of squirrel chatter, trying to calm her furious nerves. Just as her lips parted to apologize for the sudden removal of herself from the conversation, Ovidius heard a splash.

Gaze shooting toward the direction of the sound, the gold-limned mare watched as a well-aimed splash of muddied water arched and fell to the muddy ground where she had stood mere seconds before. All at once, she felt a sort of rage tug on her heart while her lips attempted to pull into a grin. It was a wretched trick, she knew, borne of jealousy or one's own insecurity, but the attempt was well-aimed and Ovi couldn't help but feel a thrill of approval run through her belly.

With a slight tilt to her head, the obsidian lass swiveled an ear toward the sickly sweet, faux-apology that spilled from the painted mare's tongue. "An honest accident, I'm sure," she shot back, her own voice a mixture of honey and sunlight, "You may want to see a healer, though," added the thin lass innocently, "inability to control one's own limbs is a sign of a failing mind. Maybe you're suffering from some illness that turns you into an absolute twat."

Punctuating her sentence with a chaste smile and a few bats of her lashes, Ovidius had to resist the urge to leave immediately; Ashamin wouldn't want a woman with such a mean streak as part of the Unbound, but she was under orders to recruit, and recruit she would. Any continued streams of thought were interrupted as a bay mare with a tangle of lightened locks ambled in. It wasn't that Ovidius didn't care about the newest addition, she just didn't care about what was to be said between them all. With her gaze straying to the horned mare splashed with stars and ivory, Ovi caught a slight smile and attempted to return the favor, though only a grimace could be mustered.

With a quirk to her brow and a glance toward the clouded sky, the tiny mare listened halfheartedly to the babbling of her counterparts. "As lovely as I'm sure this is for all of us," Her voice had become flat, dropping the mask of pleasant courtesan that she had so painstakingly applied, "I'm only here to see if you would like to become a member of the Unbound. We are a growing group of like-minded creatures who put an emphasis on freedom, independence, and loyalty to one another. If you'd like to know more, if you'd like to join, if you'd like a trial run, have at me, if not, I'd be thrilled to be able to leave such wretched company."

So much for diplomacy.
Sorry, Shammy.

Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.