Lights Out.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
My body aches.
That son of a bitch, even in my head, the voice rattles - tired.

Absently, the primaries of my wings drag in along the ground.  At some point, the muscles holding them tightly against my frame grew tired, causing them to slacken and fall unnoticed.

You may be wondering why I do not simply fly.  Easy enough to answer for you.

There is a jagged cut running from the once-bleached shoulder down toward my barrel.  Dried blood decorates the muddy remains of that front leg, the wound itself exuding a rancid odor; likely it's infected, but what the fuck do I care?
The large gash finds company in the bruises decorating my frame like badges of brutality.  Each one inflicted by the same bastard's hooves, fueling the anger that resides quietly behind ice cold eyes.  Much like the rest of my life, everything collapsed inward quickly.  I am or was the right hand of the King.  His name is Daa'hn.

Let me take a moment to just say - Daa'hn is a crazy bastard.  Maybe, in the end, we all are.

Daa'hn wears a crown, a very special crown.  Stop the head which spins a thousand lies, the skull of the former King, complete with muscles and rotting flesh and bits of brain matter.  A lovely image, right?  To say the coup we staged was violent would be an understatement.  Still, I remained an important cog in the murderous machine of our new society.  Until, of course, Daa'hn began imagining the soldiers - including myself - were attempting to overthrow him, placing the crown upon my head.

I don't want a fucking crown or a god damn throne, bitterly I repeat my answer to his interrogation in my head.  The part I left out, the part I would never say aloud:
The only thing in this world I want is her to be alive again.

So, the heart in my chest refuses to die.  The face on the back of my eyelids will not fade.  The scars of my mind replay her body moving gracefully through Eikkahn.  Yet, I am alone.

Alone, at least, because of lunatic who began throwing his delusions and hatred at my hide like daggers.
In case you were worried, dear reader, I kicked his ass.  However, it would be wrong to say I left unscathed - physically, anyway.
Emotionally I was the same as ever.
Passive.
Tired.
Quietly angry.

Oh, I was also banished.  Hence why I am walking in this forsaken forest, my mismatched wings dragging quietly over the loam, brushing against trees, losing feathers here and there.  I feel nothing except the dull ache of my bruises and the insistent stabbing of the gash on my shoulder.

Nothing, until the light filtering down from the branches begins to distort into a shape I recognize.  My world quivering, my grip on the earth feeling soft, surreal.  From behind the trunk of a tree, a feminine figure so familiar my heart jumps to my throat, the dry tongue in my mouth hissing as I try to summon a voice to call out.  Instead, I only manage a strangled version of her name.  "Ha...na."

Her face flutters back to me, with warm eyes and a warmer smile.  The warmth floods my face, my body begins to shiver for the heat makes the air around me feel strangely frigid.  A smile, deranged and lopsided, pulls over gritted teeth.  Suddenly, so suddenly, lines begin to form over her figure like cracks.  My eyes watch helplessly as millions of butterflies take flight, the ghost disappearing in the beats of their wings, leaving nothing but the dark shadows of a forest and my heart beating erratically.

Then, my knees give way to the reality of my wounds and I fall, a crumpled mess of muscle and feathers. I am still conscious, if the current state of my sanity can be called such.
What a pathetic waste of space.

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

She smells the wound before they spy the man. Up above Caneo's ears, the serpent's tiny skull rises like a periscope. He clings to the shadows as she tastes the air, her forked tongue pointing them between the great trees and on toward something rotten, something dying. Caneo's purpose in the forest has nothing to do with mercy and even less to do with kindness, but he fixates on the oddity nonetheless. What kind of thing comes here to die?

What a pitiful way for a story to end.

He calls it curiosity which drags him forth, his stride long and graceful as always. The wanderer never betrays himself with expressions of haste; he strips desperation from his body like weakness and proceeds as if unaffected by the world. Still, behind the vacant mirrors of his eyes is the endless argument between himself and the serpent. Surely there's more interesting prey elsewhere? Surely he should turn around? Go home? Wait for a time when the sun disappears and the light no longer hurts her eyes? When she loses, she buries herself in the sparse threads of his mane, and Caneo follows the noise of footsteps and dragging, though he does not speak — yet.

Now, of course, there is the crash. The sound of a body falling. He spies light playing off of feathers up ahead and ducks under the nearest low branches, his ears twisting in search of predators worse than he. None make themselves known. For a moment he surrenders the both of them to silence. If the stranger spoke a word before, it was too low and rough for the silver to catch. Caneo knows nothing about this man except he is dying. Certainly, he is dying.

Now, Caneo approaches.
        (he may not get another chance)

"Oh, no," the silver voice intones at last. It is, as ever, light and laughing, sweet as song. If the potential death near his hooves disturbs him, he makes a strange mockery of concern. But he pauses some distance away, and down cranes his skinny neck, and awkwardly his head tilts to level a single pale eye with the glassy eyes of the stranger.

"You need a healer, don't you?" Now, Caneo is about as far as one gets from such a thing. "It would be too bad if you died before you saw the rest of Helovia," he muses, his head lifting once more to a comfortable height. He moves to step around the stranger, his gaze searching for the wound he now smells on his own.

sxc.hu

@Ryouta

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Tai
良克
Ryouta
The edges of my vision are blurred, yet I can still focus as the face of the bastard mocking my crumpled form arrives.  His face is gaunt, his color like a ghost, and not like her's just a moment before.

Instead his pale eyes and pale face and fucking annoying expression dig into my psyche, making the ragged breathing in my chest feel more painful than before, and the ache in my shoulder rage.  My eyes burn through the glassy grip of death, no longer holding the resolve to appear cool or collected in front of this ass.

Now, as you may or may not know, it is generally considered unwise to speak rudely to someone when you are literally standing halfway in a grave.  However, I have never been wise.

"Fuck off," a pointed statement rushes from my lips, but with dehydration settling into my dry mouth, the dark edge is dulled and listless.  The meaning of the words are still quite stark, so my meaning is sure not to get lost in the tiredness of my tones.

A coughing, wheeze of a laugh escapes my lungs as he seems to believe I care to see the rest of this god forsaken Helovia.
Twisted, a smile appears on my lips, my expression turning back from a fire to one cold as ice, feeling the chill of the air grip my fevered flesh and send shivers through my body unwillingly.  My ears pin back against my head in a show of defiance.  "I don't care about your Helovia, or your damn faked concern."  My voice quivers with the shakes of my body, and I bring my wings to settle close to my body to enclose some heat, revealing the ugly gash on my side.

Then, I notice it.  The glint of scales in the mane of this fucking guy.  Who the hell keeps the company of a snake?
Yet, here I am, unable to move a god damn inch off the ground to get away from this freak.
Fantastic.  Just my luck.  Maybe I should have let Daa'hn skewer me like a pig with his horn back there.

My eyes narrow into hard slits as he moves around me, pale eyes seeking something on my skin.  Maybe, this bastard would end my misery here, or maybe he wanted to poke more fun at the dying man in a strange forest.

"If you are going to stare at me, at least do so where I don't have to look at your ugly ass," the combative words ooze from my tired mouth, and lay my head to rest upon the soft loam under my frame.  I am exhausted.
Even just talking to this stranger wears upon me.
Fuck, maybe I really am dying.

My eyes close for a brief moment, the flash of a smiling face on my eyelids, forcing them back open.  Gingerly, my hooves begin to kick at the earth.  Ungracefully, I swing my barrel attempting to get momentum on my side, my wings beating to give me lift.  I force my aching limbs to stand, holding the mass of my muscled body precariously.  I am still shivering, but at least now I am standing, and I turn my head in disgust toward the pale stallion and his snake.

Revived, at least for the time being, I stand as a rather flimsy piece of paper while glaring at my company.

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

It’s a bitter thing, the game of thrones. She knows that all too well know, but once, she’d had no idea. Once, she’d believed that her family was safe. They were kind and just (except, of course, that other species could never rule, but that was the issue with hereditary succession). Other species sat on the council though, held plenty of power in their own right. But it’s never enough, is it? No, it’s never enough.

Everyone wants the damn crown on their head. Lyanna never did, which was fine, given that she was born the middle child anyway. Corbin was far more a King in the making than Lyanna would have been Queen. Corbin was everything, at least to her. And then they went and slit his throat. Kill the heir, wait for the monarchs to come investigate, and then turn on them too. She’s lucky to be alive, so too often, the tri-colored mare forgets that.

It’s getting easier though, living in a place that will never truly be home. Maybe it will be, one day. Maybe this place will sneak up on her and make itself home. She still doubts it, but then again, she never expected to be here in the first place. She spends more time in the Edge now, trying to learn about herbs and their uses, hoping to put herself to use if she’s to stay here. And she’s to stay here, unless she craves death. Returning to Morham is certain death.

Today though, she’s back in the Threshold, thinking it’s been too long since her last visit. Finding time was getting harder, actually, though she still wanted to come. In the same way she’d been offered a second chance here, she wants to offer that to others. They don’t all take it, but that doesn’t matter as much. It’s simply knowing the option exists that can help someone move on. It helped her.

The word healer catches her attention now. Not that she can heal, but the instinct to help kicks in anyway, and she weaves through the trees until she finds the source. A pale stallion looks down at another, crumpled on the ground, his words sounding almost like a joke despite the situation. But then again, the stallion that’s half dead on the ground retorts back with a clear “Fuck off”, as if he’s not literally dying on the floor of the Threshold.

She’s still back in the trees a bit, but continues to make her way forward as more insults fly and the stallion manages to get back to his feet. She knows, at least a little bit, how to feels to not care about this place. She didn’t even know the name of this place when she stumbled on it, and after she figured out that the damn invisible barrier to the Threshold took her power…yea, well. Let’s just say she was none too please. Though she’d been a whole lot nicer about it to her greeters.

“He is right,” she says softly, finally out of the trees and close enough to the group to be fully seen. Being black has some advantages, though if one’s looking, the white and teal stands out pretty obviously when she’s in the shadows. She moves around to take a look at the gash, only knowing a little bit about healing, but more than enough to know this is one hell of gash. “I’m just going to guess, but I think if you really wanted to be dead, you’d be dead from that by now. Hang on.”

She disappears back into the trees, moving a little quicker now, until she finds the willow tree that’s not too far away. Snatching at one of the branches in her teeth, she tugs until the branch snaps away from the tree. She returns to the group, willow branch still in her teeth (like a dog playing fetch, she thinks, almost laughing at herself). It’s far from the best, but it’s about all she can do in the Threshold and without Alysanne’s help.

She drops the branch near the stallion with the gash in his side. “I’m Lyanna,” she offers, figuring a name might be helpful or at least poliet right about now. “If you want, chew the leaves, or the bark honestly. It’ll help with the pain, a little bit anyway. Though I can take you to a real healer, if you don’t want to die.” 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
ashamin
lochan
&rakt

Blood: Both the name of his companion and the scent in the air. This was old blood, though, and without Lochan's keen perception, focused even in the hours of his exhaustion, Ashamin would have missed the smell of it. It drove the Clovenheart further into the Threshold, quickened his pace to something like urgency. He had been alone and bleeding one too many times to let anyone else suffer the same fate--experience that same fear. If not for Zahra, Ashamin would have died. She may have only been a child at the time (what was she now, besides missing from his life?) but the gold-blooded filly had been there when Ashamin needed her. If he desired to do anything with his own new lease, it was the same.

Even Lochan, who normally would have been asleep (or at least begging for it) during such a hot day seemed energized by the dire situation. Rakt moved quickly and summoned his nascent magic, gifting Ashamin with the ability to temporarily do the same. As a trio, they leaped through the woods and dodged the tall trunks of the trees that shot up before their every step.

When they were close enough to hear voices, all three slid to a stop as abrupt as they could while staying quiet. Lochan edged forward while the others stayed back and narrowed his keen, bright eyes.

Three, the little eye said before painting three increasingly elaborate portraits of the beings in the clearing. And... he paused, not knowing the word, and drew a long line that was not unlike Ashamin's own tail. A snake.

Lochan stiffened at the site of the fanged thing and moved back, but Rakt pushed forward. Just as the portraits of the figures started to fade from Ashamin's consciousness, Rakt added to his brother's painting of the pegasus. Swiftly, he painted an unforgiving red slash in the shade that was characteristic of the young blood and the sufferer's wounds.

So it was the pegasus, the one now struggling to stand and cursing wildly, that was hurt. The painted buck let his long tail cross over each of his companion's backs to settle them and then stepped forth, breaking through the trees just as Lyanna offered her aid. The white stallion was obnoxiously standing idle.

"Lyanna means well," Ashamin said, though he wasn't sure why. She'd seemed kind enough when he'd encountered her with Banjo, but he didn't know much about her beyond that. Still, if Banjo liked her then... a friend of my friend. Besides, Ashamin was fairly certain he'd seen Tiamat with the same herbs, and he'd chewed bark after many a fight. "I had no idea you were a healer; if only you didn't have a home, I'd offer you one with me. We could use more like you, always offering to help," Ashamin said, first with a friendly nod to the blue-tipped pegasus and then with a thinly veiled glance at the white stag.

His two companions moved around the scene, both avoiding the snake and its bonded and keeping their stances guarded whenever they looked its way. "I am Ashamin, stranger. I'm sorry that you've come to Helovia in such a condition, but I assure you that my companions and I mean you no harm, " the Clovenheart flashed his hindquarters and turned to show the black gash behind his cheek after he spoke. In this dappled light, his gold scars shone.

"I'm no stranger to battles myself, I can only imagine how much that wound must be hurting. If you'd like, I could also take you someplace to rest. I'm a part of a group of outcasts that values independence and knowledge above all else, and our loyalty to each other is strong. One of our healers could stay with you and watch over that wound," Ashamin offered, thinking of Seanan. Perhaps it was a little soon in their relationship to be making offers like that, especially given Seanan's demeanor, but from what little the clovenheart had observed he could see the pale practitioner and this pegasus getting along quite well.

""
The Clovenheart
image credits

Hey Tai! So glad we got to RP. :) In case you haven't heard of us, Ashamin is representing The Unbound, you can read about us there if you want to know more.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Tai
良克
Ryouta
I used to believe there was no God.
Today, I am starting to think perhaps there is one.
And they really think they are funny.

He is right.
My ears remain pinned about my skull, yet I turn my head, feeling a rush of dizziness as I do, to bring into view the image of a girl.  The dark color of her pelt melts with the shadows, but the vibrant teal touches lace her mane and tail, reflecting the kindness in her eyes.  Irritation rolls off me in waves, feeling more or less trapped between nosy fucking rats in my current condition.  Were I a little stronger, were I not so torn apart.
Ah, but there is no time for hopeless musings.

She clarifies her words with more incessant tones, and my face warps into an even more ugly expression.  How could she possibly know what I want?  How I felt of death?  Deep in my heart, I knew that death's kindness would not come for me... not this easily.  I am not fated for a quiet death in a forest, but one more brutal.  Did I want to die?  Perhaps.
Perhaps not.

I never thought much of heaven, but she would be there.  I, however, stand no chance of meeting her smiling face when I finally draw my last breath.  A kindness like spending eternity with your whole heart - I am not worthy.
Death holds no redemption, no reconciliation, no recovery for a soul like mine.  When I faced the crossroads of my life, I chose to fall into darkness.  At least, here in the darkness, you cannot see that you are alone.
If you are hoping for some expression of regret, though, you will not find it here.
I made my choice long ago.

My energy remains focused on keeping my body upright as my mind drifts between thoughts, feeling uneasy around the ghost like stallion and his fucking snake.  Then she returns, the maiden of ink and turquoise, laughably like a dog with a stick hanging from both sides of her velveteen lips.  My mismatched eyes wearily follow the branch as it falls near my hooves, disinterest evident in my shivering frame.
Lyanna offers her name freely, but I remain nameless.  Just a dying man in a foreign land.  I am too tired to laugh at the thought of chewing on a woman's wood, nor do I make light of situation as I would on a normal day.  "Arigatougozaimashita," my lips mumble, my exhausted brain reverting itself to a language they would not understand.  Instead of the common tongue, I speak in the language of a nation forgotten: a nation conquered by war and torn apart by savage.  My home.  My tone is formal, as is the language I use, making the ragged edges of my voice sound smoother.
I do not move toward the branch, instead I simply close my eyes tiredly, when another appears on the scene.  I feel the pain, but I do not mind it.
I am alive, after all.  Tired, but alive.  Dying, but not dead. Dying, but irked.
Helovia seems to be full of fucking nosy people.

Now, I have met many unicorns in my life.  However, the newcomer seems to be some deformed oddity of the race I knew.  The proud, regal horn that normally decorates their forehead hangs like a limp limb across his face, encasing a strange gem about his crown.  His tail is awkwardly long, leonine in shape, but I think he is just... ugly, to put it bluntly.  Whatever plans his lineage had for beauty missed the mark, as though he never fully grew into many of his attributes.  I find that I can trust the unsightly mug much more quickly than the lady of graceful movements and the slyly eyed white stag who first approached me.
I think nothing of his scars.  Battle does not impress me.  His companions do not frighten me.  I am indifferent to these showy efforts, but am annoyed more so than yesterday.
Instead of lashing out in irritation, though, my demeanor is cold.

"I am not interested in your gilded words and surely preconditioned offers," I say finally, forcing the common tongue to flow from my mouth; a slow hiss of ice and venom.  The last time I blindly followed a stranger's offer of aid I ended up in my shit position.  "I have not earned such kindness, nor do I intend to."

A life for a life.
I don't want to live in debt.
Am I really in a position to deny the help of others, at whatever the cost?
Probably not.
I have said this before, but I am not wise.

I pause, my eyes trying to fixate on the features of anyone standing near me, but I just feel so fucking exhausted.  "If that is alright, take me to these healers you keep babbling about; whatever is closest."
Before I fall for the final time in this strange place.
""

ooc -- Feel free to still reply, if you want kae.  Just getting this moved along.
And Jen, yes I am glad!  Sorry Ryouta is a little rough, though.  xD
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

@Lyanna

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

Rude, aren't you?

If the words offend, Caneo shows no outward sign of it. A low, musical hum thrums in his throat at the muted fuck off, though his toes dance beyond the range of potential bites. Wounded things do lash out, sometimes. Unfortunately for the both of them, Caneo learned this knowledge at the heels of something other than a healer. He can't fix the wound. He doesn't feel like ending the other man's life, either. But will it live long enough to see him back to the Throat? Will he be able to find it upon return? And why should he bother, all that walking...?

Still lost in thought when the creature hastens to its feet, Caneo hesitates, surprised written clearly on his narrow features. "O." Quickly, bemusement melts into amusement. "Good job standing up!" he chirps. A handful of new options present themselves to his thinking mind. He has no opportunity to choose one, though, because a moment later something breaks out of the trees like a whirlwind, all feathers and black hair. A she, he notices, before she goes.

And returns.

She hurls something at the wounded's feet and Caneo senses the moment wheeling beyond his control. He surrenders; steps back. In the meantime, the cool lights of his eyes center on the mare. How long had she been hiding? Why had he allowed himself to fail in noticing until she stepped forward? He ought to pay more attention; Helovia's softness dims his senses a little more every day, and now he itches again. The serpent runs over herself through the sparse hairs of his mane. They both want, somehow, to return to the dark. To have never come. Caneo always wants this when he bothers to interact.

So he's pretty quiet even when a third creature makes an appearance, flanked by two maybe-deer and clearly.... of another level than anyone else assembled. There's no mistaking the weight of his stride, the intelligence in his eyes. Caneo lets his eyes fall in silence down the limp, crooked line of the stranger's horn. At the same time, the silver creature is well aware of the berth granted himself and his own companion. He does not acknowledge this aloud, but he does think on the meaning of it. On the particular look and taste of fear.

His long face turns again when the wounded thing speaks at last. "Well —" It was cruel of them, wasn't it, to keep talking while it stood there full of pain? "Good luck to whichever one of you decides to carry him home," he offers cheerfully. "I don't know if anyone in the Dragon's Throat would take a warrior laid low by a cut like that." And here he begins to step away, contenting himself with the slivers of knowledge he's been thrown, the names of these new creatures and the relief that he, alone, need not play nursemaid to the ungrateful man.

sxc.hu

He's sorta leaving, but not quite probably until someone takes responsibility for carting Ryouta off. Sorry about the wait; got busy suddenly.

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Ashamin is quickly becoming a familiar face in the Threshold, and Lyanna can’t say she’s entirely surprised when he joins their group. He seems like he’s trying to support her attempts to be nice, and though she could talk for herself, she doesn’t let his comment bother her. She’s pretty sure he means well, so that’s enough. He moves on as well, talking to her, apparently impressed with her very limited knowledge of healing and, more to the point, her willingness to help. Ah yes, she did have that, though it was somewhat selfish. It kept her busy, which kept her thoughts off her family. It was a whole lot easier just to be preoccupied.

“I don’t know much yet. Still learning,” she says, with a smile on her face. Hoenstly, she’s a little bit flattered to have just been (sort of) offered a home. It seems so strange to her that a near stranger might be interested in what she can offer. It probably shouldn’t seem odd – she did get offered two homes when she stood in the Threshold the first time (and she was offering a stranger a place to rest as well). But somehow, it does. Maybe because she’s been here long enough to feel somewhat settled, to actually be known for having a home. And here’s someone suggesting an alternative (again, sort of). Maybe it’s just being remembered and noticed at all that she still finds strange. She never expected to be anything but in the way in Helovia.

Though it seems she’s not always in the way. Sometimes, certainly. But less so than normal. It was a start, anyway.

She pulls her wandering thoughts back to the conversation at hand, listening as Ashamin continues to talk, showing his own scar in some manly show of solidarity or something. Lyanna, though she was trained to fight, has no scars worth talking about. A couple small ones here and there, certainly, but she was a Princess of course. Her job, once, had been to mate for alliances. Couldn’t very well have her covered in scars. So she simply listens, teal eyes flickering around the group, but paying particular attention to the wounded stallion, trying to make sure he doesn’t keel over and die while they all chit chat.

He hasn’t, she noticed, made any move toward the branch. Not that she’s surprised, given his general attitude toward everything. A very fuck all, might as well die kind of attitude. Which she doesn’t get. What’s the point in being that miserable? Her family was murdered and she fled her only home in exile. Returning meant her death. And yet here she is, helping some miserable ass who, as he admits, doesn’t actually deserve it.

“Kindness isn’t always given to those who deserve it. It’s simply given by those strong enough to offer it. You can accept it or not, as you will, but it’s your loss not to.” Her voice is still soft, though perhaps with a hint of an edge to it. Corbin had tempered her temper over the few years she’d have with her brother (again, Princesses cannot get mad, and old habits die hard). “The World’s Edge is not terribly far, but neither is it next door. I don’t know where Ashamin’s healers are. But I can offer you skilled healers, and you won’t even be expected to stay, if you decide the Edge just isn't to your liking.”

Maybe kindness is wasted on those that don’t deserve it. Maybe it should be reserved, given in small little doses. But she can’t really imagine living like that. She knows no other way to be but kind, in the face of whatever she might come across. Even the nameless stallion with the sharp tongue and the gash in his side.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ryouta

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
ashamin
lochan
&rakt

The white stag continued to be nothing more than annoyance. Ashamin's lip even curled slightly when the unicorn mentioned the Dragon Throat's terms of acceptance. Sure, the Basin hadn't exactly been a poster child for friendliness, but the fact that the desert isle would turn away the injured was, quite frankly, disappointing. Ashamin didn't know many that lived there, but he didn't like to think that Einarr was a part of a group that thought ill of the needy and would cast away those that needed him most.

Then again... Ashamin hadn't seen Einarr in quite some time. The Clovenheart, weighted down as he was by all his woes, could have used a friendly face. And in their last spar hadn't Einarr simply left him in the cold, a reluctant winner by default?

Despite the fact that a small rage began to simmer inside him, the painted buck did his best to swallow it. Now was not the time to show his disappointment in a herd he'd wanted to respect. Perhaps this white stallion was an outlier rather than a representative, even though he was serving the Dragon's Throat in the threshold.

He chose to listen to the pegasi instead, pointing his large ears forward and listening to the remaining mare and stallion with interest. This stranger didn't seem to want much to do with herds or groups, which was fine, but Ashamin couldn't help but wonder why. "I have not earned such kindness, nor do I intend to." What sort of an attitude was that? An isolating one, and the sort that Ashamin couldn't help but want to assuage.

The Clovenheart had never been very good at leaving well enough alone, though. Despite Lyanna's more official offer, he couldn't help but feel it was his duty (unlike the Dragon Throat's) to offer healing to this newcomer nonetheless. Besides, the Unbound may not have been blessed with God-given magic, but its two apprentice practitioners were, as far as Ashamin was concerned, good souls. He trusted them, and he suspected they would heal this stag with less fuss when he aimed to move on.

"Lyanna is right. You needn't earn kindness, stranger. The Unbound shares its knowledge and alliance with those that need it; there is no need to prove oneself, no precondition." Ashamin tried his best to explain, unable to knock the earnestness out of his tone. He truly was that kind, even if it wasn't deserved. The Unbound were not trapped by obligation, though, this much was true. Were they loyal to each other, would they fight to protect each other and share what they knew? Of course. But Ashamin suspected this was not what this injured stag thought of when any sort of affiliation was proposed. "We have two practitioners, Seanan and a pegasus like yourself, Chaska. I spoke with Seanan not long ago just north of here in the Blood Falls, and Chaska spends time in these very woods. I expect they are both nearby, and if you would like I can provide you with rest nearby and send my companions to fetch them both." His long tail swayed behind him as he spoke, and his companions perked up when Ashamin mentioned them. They were a little more at ease now that the snake seemed to be leaving. Snakes, after all, were not to be trusted.

"But the choice is yours. Should you decide to journey with Lyanna to the Edge I am sure you would also be in good care," Ashamin said with a gentle smile, though secretly he couldn't help but wonder if her offer was really considering his needs. The edge was no simple stop nearby and would either require a roundabout and longer route north or climbing up and down the steep mountainsides that surrounded the heavenly fields. Still, it wasn't his place to say, he could only hope that Lyanna would perhaps have a healer meet them half-way. "Regardless of your decision, know that you could always come to me or my allies for aid in the future, if you wished."

Lochan and Rakt shifted, the former uncomfortably and the latter with little regard. Whatever this stranger chose, they were ready to be moving again.

""
The Clovenheart
image credits

@Ryouta

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Tai
良克
Ryouta
Unnerving.
That is what I think of the ghost stallion and his snake, who waltzes away from the group just as cavalierly as he strode in.  His words do not bother me, but the amusement at my suffering seems to crawl under my skin and eke out some sort of visceral distaste.  The delighted tone in his voice, the ugly glint of black scales in his mane.  A strange fellow and one that I am happy to abandon the company of at this point.

"Yoi ichinichi o," I say in a dry, sarcastic tone as the white ass retreats, his figure slipping into the shadows of the trees and beyond my fuzzy vision.

My head begins to droop, for the weight upon my shoulders grows heavy in exhaustion.  Part of me wants the pair to revoke their offers, so that I can quietly lay by a tree until my wracking breath ceases.  I said before death is not coming to me that easily, though.  Every time my eyes close, every time my mind wanders, a familiar face jerks my body back to attention.  A chain from my past dragging me forward, pulling on the guilt strapped heavily across broad shoulders.  Every moment, every day, driving me on unwilling hooves toward nothingness.
At the end of the road, oblivion waited in expectant silence.

Flickering forward, my ears try to listen while my body shivers, and I cannot help but feel judgment piled behind the soft voice of the woman.  I am no longer willing to feel anger burning in my stomach, but I hate being judged by strangers.  I know nothing of her, nothing of her past, and she none of mine.  In yet, I feel the edge of swords gleaming behind those turquoise eyes.  "Iya," I whisper under my breath, listening to the offer to return with her to the World's Edge.  If you don't find it to your liking.

"It won't be." The sentence is flat, definitive, and I look at her with my mismatched eyes cold as ice.  "Or were you not listening, yariman?" The meaning may not be understood, but my tone, despite the dehydration evident on my throat, is unmistakenably irritated.  The girl doesn't deserve to face the brunt of my attitude, for she is trying to help.  However, if you know anything about me at this point, it should be fairly evident I don't give a fuck what you deserve.

The stallion with the flimsy horn speaks again, mentioning the Unbound, which I assume is the group he referred to earlier.  Easy to garner information from, this Ashamin.
Strange fate had landed me in the arms of kind strangers today.  I almost feel sorry for my miserable attitude, my lack of appreciation, but I can't.  Acting as though I am a spoiled brat, getting my way, regardless of the effect on others.  I feel no entitlement to their offers, and, to be frank, I am surprised they did not kick my ass already.  Pity for the dying must extend kindness quite a bit.

"I appreciate it, Lyanna-," I don't, "-but I am going to decline."  Having healers delivered to me sounds a lot easier than going wherever the World's Edge is.  Were I my old self, I might have dreamt of seeing a place with such an intriguing name.  Instead, I feel no urge, no desire, to find out why it was named such.

I turn my head toward Ashamin, feeling lightheaded and distant, and my eyes soften for the first time since their arrival.  For a shining moment, I resemble my younger self.  Only a moment.  "Water," is all I say, hoping the meaning is translated quite clearly.  

""

Yoi ichinichi o = have a good day
yariman = bimbo

誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか