the Rift

[OPEN] Real Deal Momma

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Honestly? She preferred the ocean.

Not that she didn't enjoy the old growth forest that she had found herself in, it was just that the oppressive silence and darkening gloom during midday seemed washed out and watered down in comparison to the violent majesty of the sea. With a cheerful sigh and a flourish of her leonine tail, the petite lass bumped her hip lightly against a soft, moss covered trunk and continued on to... where exactly?

She wasn't sure, but the golden creature was in the mood for a good story, a tough lesson, or a wild adventure. Maybe all three, but it was hard to tell in a place as empty as this if her hopes would be rewarded. Tiny hooves pressed shallow indentations into the damp soil, the earthen scent drifting up to her gold flecked nostrils and inspiring a bit of a prance in her steps.

"Ba dum... ts ts ts.. baaaaaa DUM ts ts.." The tuneless song drifted from her mouth absently as she stared toward the canopy, wondering what it would be like to drift amongst those boughs and see the world from a different perspective. Would it still be as pretty? Would it lose some of it's mystery and majesty? She shrugged, "Not like I'll ever know in the first place. Why worry about it?"

So with that, Ovidius continued her wanderings, that broken melody spilling from her lips all the while.

OPEN TO EVERYONE AND ALSO @Isopia -- Ovi is ready to learn from you, my dear<3
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
Isopia’s ears perked forward and she raised her head from where she had been grazing at the sound of an approaching voice. At first all she heard was a tuneless sort of muffled racket and wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. Hubris on the other hand chuckled into her mind and indicated that the ‘racket’ was in fact singing. And the singing was getting louder.

Isopia folded her wings against her sides, causing the cape that sat on her shoulders to flutter slightly. Singing? Why? Given that the girl rarely did anything for pleasure, it didn’t occur to her that Ovidius might just be singing just because, and regardless of how well it was she carried a tune. In response, Hubris only whistled a low disapproving (though amused) note and shook his scaled head.

Quickly the petite mare came into view, and Iso’s quad-horned skull tilted slightly as she tried to determine whether she was seeing a growing child or a small adult. It didn’t really matter, of course, but her mind was a constant wheel of questions and corresponding answers. Small, she concluded as the golden mare neared. The height difference between the two was laughable, but of course, Isopia didn’t laugh. Her wide golden eyes watched as the mare approached, quad-horned skull tilting slightly to follow the course of her movements.

She going to talk to you, Hubris chuckled into her mind. In response, Isopia’s tail snapped against her hocks as if brushing away a troublesome fly. Isopia’s passive magic – one that made her body slowly take on the appearance of her surroundings beginning with her hooves and working its way up – began to turn her legs into leg-shaped pillars of various grasses and dirt.

(Sorry, Isopia isn’t the best at starting conversations x.x)

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

It wasn't that Daddy had raised her to be ignorant to detail, on the contrary, the young lass considered herself a bit of detail connoisseur, but her eyes were trained on the earth and the sky. As her attention was snagged upon and grasped by a particularly tasty-looking clump of grass, the golden mare couldn't help but pause, noting the sudden silence of the forest.

With a glance toward her surroundings, Ovidius didn't find anything out of place, but couldn't quite shake the feeling of being watched. Lashing her tail against thin flanks, the tiny mare shook herself and continued on, forcing that tuneless humming back into existence. Despite the odd sensation of an unseen observer tapping its way down her spine, Ovi decided that she was hungry. As she neared the cluster of grasses, an errant breeze twined its way through the trunks, carrying with it the scent of another equine.

She froze, golden eyes scouring the landscape, though she came up empty yet again.

Frowning, Ovidius took a careful step forward, a stain of fear creeping across her face. Daddy had told her of ghosts, once, of ghouls that existed upon another plane and craved horseflesh. They would bite into your heart and chew you up while you were still alive, he had said. The girl bit her lip, pulse speeding up and tail wrapping tightly about a hind leg.

"H-hi," came her trembling whisper, "Please don't eat me. I don't.... I don't even taste good I don't think."

@Isopia
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
Isopia’s golden eyes narrowed slightly at the request issued from the mare. If she was some sort of carnivorous creature, surely someone pleading "please don't eat me", wouldn't do any good? And why was it that this mare's first instinct was that the thing she had detected was going to cause her harm?   If Isopia had known that the mare had scented her, she would have been even more confused. After all, it wasn't as though there were many flesh-eating equines in these lands.

"You're probably right." Isopia muttered dryly, peering her quad-horned skull from around a tree to regard the petite unicorn. Tittering, Hubris patted his bonded on her wither and shook his head softly, as if to emphasize what an unhelpful tit she was being. Isopia didn't seem to notice.

"If you're worried about being eaten, the Deep Woods are probably not the best place to graze alone." Isopia continued in her usual academic lecturing tone. "For while I obviously will not eat you, there are things that live in these woods that would. And I doubt they would be deterred by your request to not be eaten." Thoughtfully, Isopia paused and then shrugged her shoulders. "Though I suppose far stranger things have happened."

As Isopia shifted, her magic staggered and the column of grasses and mosses that had been slowly creeping up her legs fell back to the earth with a dry sighing sound. The demi-goddess shifted her wings against her back, and continued to peer at the mare, her death-marked face a mask of emotionless canvas.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here