the Rift

[OPEN] carry on, carry on

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Things were getting better. Slowly, but still, better. They would never be what they once were. Life wouldn’t just stop hurting one day. How could she stop missing her parents and her siblings? But perhaps she could stop imagining Corbin’s death when she closed her eyes, could stop seeing his blood when the ruby around her neck caught the sun.

There was so much blood… they whispered, back in Morham. Back before her parents left to investigate. Back when she could still live there, the whispers found her when their sources didn’t think she was around.

But sometimes, she sees Apollo in the red glitter of the ruby. Sometimes, she feels hopeful as it glimmers in the sun as she soars above Helovia. She knows the names of most of the areas now. Knows the way from one place to another, both on foot and in the sky. There is so much she doesn’t know, but it is starting to feel a bit like home. With Alysanne as a friend, someone who would listen if Lyanna could ever find the words to talk. With Apollo as….as Apollo.

Today, she lands on the Isles, having spent far more time in the Edge lately and figuring she’s earned a good exploration day. And she’s hardly spent much time here, but there’s such a wealth of caverns and ruins to explore. It’s the type of place that deserves more than a day, but for now, she’ll start with a day. It’s warmer here than in the mainland, and she can see the sweat begin to darken her already black coat (somehow it does still darken, because the sweat just has to show).

There’s some ruins not too far away though, and figuring it might be a good, shady place to spend some time, she makes her way over, looking for whatever walls remain to block some of the sun. Thankfully, there’s something of a breeze here, and it tugs at her mane and tail in a manner that almost makes her forget she no longer controls the breeze. For a moment, she simply closes her eyes, letting the wind wash over her and the shade cool her. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Pare – eek, sorry this took me forever! Whoever you want to throw at her works for me. You should pick, since I took so long to write a post.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki