the Rift

[OPEN] closest to heaven [Aurora Basin Festival Invitations]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Eventually the days were spun away from dunes, from jungles, from varnished everglades and gentle, rolling pools, and back into the throngs of open meadows, garnished and varnished by the spread of greenery. Soon, even the vibrant stalks would fade, a perennial effect of Orangemoon’s chill and fortitude, but for now, they would relish what the world before them had to offer. They took a piece of the sands and vines with them, savoring what was said, what was proffered, and presumed to do the same amidst the peaceful location, with its flowing rivers, violet outcrops, and diligent oak trees. A whole collection of equines could’ve collected here, those that took the time to spiral away from their home, enjoy a journey’s jaunt into thistles and shallow streams, and others that pledged no loyalty to any singular herd, just to their hearts, just to their minds. In a way, they hoped to capture, entice, and beguile the beasts and seraphs meandering and wandering amidst the shores and brooks, yearning to enthrall them with enchantments and invocations, promises of dazzling lights they’d never be able to forget – a series of beguilements that ensured they’d never yearn to leave, to root themselves into the ice and snow, to become part of the mountains and valleys. For others, it’d be to simply enjoy themselves, to wonder, to ponder, the lengths of the festivities, to awaken enthralled by the legends spilling around them, by the games and diversions, notched and sculpted into amusement. She wanted the world to understand, to realize, that the aurora summits were more than all the myths and stories – and soon, perhaps, some would be willing to comprehend those sentiments.

They glided, close to the tallest oak gathered on a rising knoll, staring out over the vast, unwinding domain. Surely they’d be able to reach someone, anyone, here, yearning to listen to the proclamations of thieves and menders, of songbirds and golden flames, eager to extend the hospitality they’d always been privileged to have. She sang again, beautiful and invoking, parting her mouth to serenade the valley, the flowers, the leaves, allowing it to flow in a steady thread of soothing, assuaging tones, wishing for others, those known, those unfamiliar, to listen to their requests, calls, and summons. Once more, they'd give pieces of themselves to the restless souls of beyond.

[Rexanna and Lena are here to invite Outcasts/anyone else wandering around to the upcoming Aurora Basin Festival! If you'd like your character to know of it, please attend. :D We'll spread the word!]

Lena the Songbird

tomorrow will be kinder
image credits

@Rexanna

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
If there was one thing the gilded Thief wanted to come from these adventures and invitations, it were to have a wonderful night full of creatures in all shapes, colors, and sizes among their borders, safely enjoying a simple night. Whether or not they stayed, Rexanna didn’t pay much mind to. The only thing she wanted to come from it was to have the public retain a new eye, a new light of the Basin and what it stood for. No longer was it a unicorn only herd, and she longed for the days she might see creatures of all walks of life living among the icy fortress. They already had a great start, an equine taking a rank just like the Thief’s own, and a talking elk among them. The possibilities were endless, as she was beginning to find out in this magical place.

The gilded mare found her comfort in the companionship the bay mare gave. Had it been anyone else, she might not have had quite such an enjoyable time. But she was thankful she had asked the mare to join her on these adventures and invitations, and so when they came to a stop at the top of a hill in the beautifully changing Thistle Meadow, she stayed silent as Lena called out over the land. Her gaze rested on the earth and trees around them, searching for faces to appear to extend a gracious offer of celebration and life. She looked to Lena for a moment with a gentle smile before flicking her tail against her ashen hocks as she waited, diligently keeping an eye out and surveying the world around them.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

Any outcasts are welcome to come and hear of the festival! :D please do join this if your character is interested in coming!
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

We've been wandering a while now. Long enough that I am questioning returning to the safety of a herd. After all, how am I to make anything of myself just wandering around as an outcast. I have high hopes and plans for my life. No, not the foolish ideas that my family had planted in my mind when I was young. Child baring and life with a mate could wait for now. One day, yes. But for now, I seek to make the most of myself. I glance down at the shell necklace hanging oh so delicately around my neck. Life was curious, was it not? One day, I had been following what had seemed like a dream turned into a nightmare... A while later I find this precious necklace.

Dae moved along beside me, her little bleeting voice calling my attention from my daydreaming. I ignored it however, still lost in both dreams and memories. Others ahead, careful? Only then did I really pay attention. Two mares, both horned with single spiral horns stood together as if waiting for others to gather. Let's go see what's going on. I speak through our bond. Together we head over, wondering why they were waiting and who they were waiting for.

Are we waiting for someone? I question softly. After all, the way the pair stood was as if they were there for a reason. I carefully look both mares over just in case. A small part of me screams to run. After all, they are single horned. It had been single horned who had ruined everything for me. That in past. You stronger. Dae was right. I am stronger, both mentally and physically. So what would it hurt to see why these two were here?

Calypso speaks
Daenerys speaks

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

She hadn’t anticipated the heavy air of silence. They’d been addressed and received quickly elsewhere, but those moments had been within kingdoms and empires, with beasts and soldiers used to patrolling their borders. The Thistle Meadow was wild, open, and free, obtained for anyone and everything, owned by no one and nothing at all, and didn’t adhere to the structure of herds. Perhaps some loitering within weren’t curious about the two femmes notched along the knoll; maybe they had other things to do, heralding names and phrases from another time, another place, or another inhabitant. So she waited, diligent and patient, for something, someone, to join them, to listen to their call, to be encouraged by the ways in which their earth had changed; but naught seemed to settle over the depths. Her eyes would scan the horizon, and Imogen would raise her head, try to find distinct, unfamiliar scents sprinkled throughout the void, and then Lena would merely glance at Rexanna and shrug, uncertain, unsure, if interest could be gained here.

A gentle bleating caught her attention, a swiveling of her ears, a casting of her refined head swinging towards the sound; some seconds later, a mare emerged, cast in red and adorned in shells. Her smile immediately drifted back to her features, an amiable, beneficent grin sculpted for deliverance, acceptance, and benedictions, as the stranger roamed closer. Before Lena had a chance to drop her head in greeting, a soft inquiry billowed along their depths, and she gave a merry little laugh. “Perhaps for you!” Then she winked, gentle and forthcoming, a merry wind emblazoned with bird song and aria wiles, delving further into their reasoning with a little less fairy essence (as if she could flutter back into the midnight oils, amused and diverted for a time, for a snippet, before she was whisked back to her garden kingdom) and more of a Mender stature. “We’re from the Aurora Basin,” and here she nodded towards the mountains in the far-off distance, where they’d undoubtedly be laden with snow and ice soon. “I’m Lena.” Then she looked to Rexanna, the smile still arched and pleasant, before glimmering back to the ruby-laden fay. “We’ve come to invite everyone to our upcoming festival.”

Lena the Songbird

tomorrow will be kinder
image credits

@Rexanna @Calypso

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
She wasn’t sure why she was really expecting more to show. She and Lena had thought it would be a hot spot for wanderers, but it seemed as though their names stuck with them. They wouldn’t all be in one place, even by dumb luck as the Thief had been imagining. Soon, though, the mare was within earshot of the two Basin women, and she almost seemed to timidly ask a question. Rexanna dipped her head in greeting, offering the antlered mare a soft welcoming smile as Lena’s beautiful sing-song vocals began to ring in the air.

We’re from the Basin.” The Mender began. Rexanna stayed quiet as Lena spoke, waiting for her turn to interject. “And I’m Rexanna.” She offered, imposing it into the slight space before Lena continued. And soon, after Lena had mentioned the festival, Rexanna’s gaze landed softly on the mare and her companion in agreement. “We’re hosting a festival soon in our homeland, where there will be time to watch the aurora, fireworks, games, storytelling, and the like. We’re opening up our borders for any and all to come and see what the North is about.” She added in, her smile growing brighter as she thought of all the possibilities the festival had to offer. So many new faces, so many creatures mingling and thriving behind the icy borders of their home. It was a beautiful thought, and yet still slightly terrifying. She was hoping it would go over well.

We’ve come to offer the invitation to yourself, as well as other outcasts. We have also invited all the herds to join. It should be quite a merry occasion!” Her head swiveled to Lena in case she had anything else to offer, but returned to the antlered mare with a smile, wondering if perhaps she might have any questions.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Calypso and others! Still open for other outcasts :)
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
HOLD MY HAND AGAINST THE NIGHT
SHOW ME ALL THE DEMONS LEFT TO FIGHT:

That supple baby flesh no longer christened Ru’s features. Beyond the growth of gangly limbs, and velvet coating, she’d taken up the chainmail of future spars and had already adorned herself with several scars. Small, miniscule cuts that could only be distinguished from certain angles, lighting, what have you. But then again the girl had hardly considered glancing at her face, or peering too far into her reflection to realize their implications. Merely for the comfort of avoiding her mother’s gaze, and carrying on oblivious to the crafted grooves of a blooming, naïve warrior-child.

She embraced the autumnal season like no other before it. How it caressed and dug its nails through her wings and hair; high up in the air streams, the light frost and their playful, ice laden nips. Sending small, pleasurable shivers down her body – Ru could breathe in, deeply with the relief of the cooler temperatures. She may never admit her pleasure for the wayward winds, but she was not immune to their delight and encouraging sways into the atmosphere.

Truly the girl was devoted to the scorching sun. And she could not submit, thoughtfully, to the beauty of the changing leaves or the heavy scent of their decay. Warm, enticing as she drew further towards the meadow’s surface. She skimmed across the long grasses, giggling as they tickled her belly with drawn legs. But just as she fluttered, and hopped to a landing, her gaze swept across the field grasping those who’d entered the clearing before her.

Their voices swept across in a muted bubble. The girl chirruped curiously, noting the two unicorns that stood together – well, there were three of them certainly. Except, the reddened one was adorned with stag’s horns, and appeared to stand a part from the other two. Ru sharpened her gaze, searching for any tension between the trio – and could not detect any from her distance. Her ears strained to listen, but they were all but murmurs along the wind. Light and amiable, thrown here and there…

With caution pushed behind her, the young mare approached the small gathering. Eyes taking in the gilded wonder, momentarily entranced by the delicate things hung about her body. She had never seen such jewelry before worn by equine folk. How peculiar? But like most things in Helovia, saturated in mystery and myth, Ru found delight in these small and miraculous wonders. Lifting her sky imparted eyes, she greeted with a bright trilling. Shuffling her wings briefly, for the odd, striking sense of uncertainty and shyness crossed her then. Infusing the wild child’s heart with a patient silence not often followed by her findings. 

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
musonart!

@Lena   @Calypso  @Rexanna
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Her heart swelled again, tender and buoyant, praying for salvation and interest in the coming tides. She wanted them to succeed, to triumph, in the honored glory of repose and peace, beneath the twinkling stars and the dashing comets, the beautiful, brilliant array of light against darkness; the vivid blues, the florid greens, the sweeping golds and silvers. They waited again, bright and looming in the forthcoming meadows, dazzled by thistle, arrayed and arranged by mountainous determination, the kind that glistened in the afternoon sun, the kind that poured from those residing amidst ice and fortitude. As they finished with one, another followed, and her eyes cast on the honeyed outset of wings and youth, a smile flickering back to her lips as the girl trilled. She did back, a Songbird’s embrace of sonnets and wonder, proffering a gentle chirp of glee and delight, Imogen responding in kind (a chirrup, glistening and fond). “Hello!” Then she bowed her head, respectful, polite to those she knew and those she didn’t, marveling at the different beasts finding their way throughout Helovia – kingdoms of open, verdant greenery. She briefly pondered over the wiles of the filly, where she’d come from, what she’d be, who she was, but the particulars remained out of the way for now – the intention behind their visit along grass and blades was evident and tidy, timely and cordial.  “Our herd, the Aurora Basin, will be hosting a festival soon. Would you like to join?” Lena’s grin, insatiable and beatific, wound further into her lips, threaded through a divine covenant and glimmering fascination, otherworldly despite her plain hues and amiable qualities, grown in too many thickets and groves, too much fairy, too much fey. “We’ll be having a variety of events, like storytelling, games, fireworks, and fortune reading.” Her hope dashed and floated, pervaded the loam, heart sewn directly on her chest. With each stranger arriving at their call, there was a chance they’d prosper after all. The depth of her gaze swiveled towards the distant peaks, and her head accompanied the motion with a nod, indicating the way towards their glacial kingdom.

Lena the Songbird

tomorrow will be kinder
image credits

@Rexanna @Ru