the Rift

[OPEN] the devil's backbone

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
It was nice being able to have the company of someone other than Marembo. She loved her companion, but having the ability to carry actual conversations with someone else made the journey that much easier. They had traveled to the north many times, following the footsteps of a path worn down by both deer and equines of the like, following the path to colder climates, and as they took Gry with them, the Thief did her best to point out certain places. They moved from the threshold to the edge of the Heavenly Fields in their ascent. And as they continued, the trees began to wear away slightly to make room for rockery and caves. Continuing even further, the hint of white was seen in the distance growing ever closer with each passing day.

When finally they arrived, the Thief paused at the lump of metal that was the Sentinels. They stood tall and brooding, rusted and worn against the elements with no one caring for them. Turning her exotic head to Gry, she offered a gentle smile. “These are the Sentinels. They keep an eye over the border. There’s nothing to fear from them.” She added in, remembering time and time again how when she’d first arrived the metal statues had frightened her at least a little bit each time she passed by them.

After she was sure that Gry was beside her, she began the descent into the Basin. “We live in caves around here. If you find one that’s empty, you can claim it as your own.” She gave the mare an honest smile before turning her attention to the lake in the distance. “That’s our lake. It never freezes despite the temperatures here. Further back are the hot springs, always warm and steaming. My cave is just behind the hot springs.” Nodding slightly, she turned to the mare then. “I want you to know that this herd never really allowed people in that weren’t unicorns. That’s been recently lifted and why I was able to offer you a home.” A gleam in her eye turned into more seriousness as she gazed at the newcomer, wondering what kind of thought she might have on this. “You will be fine here. However, if someone’s giving you a difficult time, I want you to let me know. They will be dealt with. There’s also an equine living among us. You aren’t alone.” Rexanna nodded with that, a smile crossing her lips briefly before she swished her tail to continue.

I am the lead Thief here. We have many ranks within the herd - scholars, healers, crafters, sneaks, and warriors. Is there anything you’d be interested in pursuing yet? Or would you like to wait and see what you might fit into?” She questioned with a gentle smile. She didn’t want to pressure Gry into choosing something, but it would make it easier on the pegasus mare if she were to choose something to continue in. Lord knows the Basin needs more in their ranks.

After Rexanna paused for a response, she looked out over the icy tundra of her their home. “Welcome home, Gry.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Gry it's a bit all over the place, I apologize xD Open for anyone to come and welcome her as well! <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!