the Rift

[PRIVATE] never do anything

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

So like, it wasn’t that I officially lost Larue or anything. I mean, I did but I knew she was still in the Basin or like… still in Helovia. She couldn’t move that quick! She still had little legs and like, not little in the way that Aisling and I were little but little in the foal-and-still-growing way. Though, I guess, she'll be little like her parents when she's older... but WHATEVER the point is, she's not likely running away at the speed of light anytime soon.

I had asked Aisling for a day where I could spend some time with our little daughter, just the two of us.  Fathers bond with their kids, right? Yeah! That’s what I wanted to do!

But it’s usually a little bit easier to bond with your kid when your kid is there, I guess.

I’m fairly certain that I’ve always been a happy guy - the evidence is totally there to support it (ask anyone!) but the happiness of having a family?? Of having someone I can snuggle up to at night and exchange silly thoughts with for lovely stories?? Of seeing a lemony creature I helped create take her first steps and say her first word and use her first sass?? Oh man, this happiness kicks the ass of all other happinesses.

Normally, anyway. Right now I'm busy simultaneously avoiding Aisling and trying to find our daughter.  "Rue!!" I call out as I wander over near the hot springs.  "Oh Ruuuueee!" Jellybean joins in - using this special squawk of hers that I think is her name for my daughter. But instead of Larue it's really more of a CLAAAA-RROOOOOOOOOO sort of noise.

Sweet, right?

So with Jellybean sprawled on my back as normal, I continue my search - hoping beyond hope that I'll see a little yellow and pink butt bouncing along in a jog any minute now.

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits

@Larue <333
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
Larue...
The hot springs had been a place she hadn’t yet ventured. The head prickled her smooth, lemony skin and so she had avoided it. There were plenty of other places for her to explore, anyhow. Like the lake and the tent and the crumpled piles of metal at the Basin’s entrance. (She was still working up her nerve to actually inspect the metal and use it for some trick or prank. There was something ominous about it that had made her keep her distance, for now).

But, right now, when faced with a day spent solely with her dearest, sweetest, happiest daddy, she slipped away to the very hot springs she had been avoiding.

Standing at the edge of the hot water, she swayed uncertainly as the steam stung her pink-dipped legs. ”Rue!” Oh crap, that was dad. “Cla-rooooo!” At least Beans was with him. Plastering a bright smile to cover the impish stare on her face, she burst out of the reeds and towards her candy-coated father (hopefully with enough momentum and surprise to scare the pair), “Heya, dad!” Her voice was loud, pert, and bright, “Beans!” Her glittering turquoise eyes darting between the griffin and her father.

“Where’d you go? I thought we were gonna go to the hot springs together?” Her little fib was paired with a wide and guileless gaze that stared up at her father’s emerald eyes. Thick lashes blinked once, a small and sweet smile playing around her pink, teacup muzzle. “Why does that water hurt, dad?” This time, her question rang true, tiny head swiveling to look at the steam rising just beyond her.

...pucker up
image | bckg

@Johnny jeezum she's a lil brat <3

Please tag in all posts.