the Rift

[OPEN] into the sea, you & me

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax,
She has always tried to go in the mornings, fleeing with the moon, leaving the desert to hang onto her heels with grains of sand that mimic fire with a passion. They set the southern world on fire, burn till they each kiss the sea with coarse lips, and promptly, without even the slightest fight, give up, swallowed by the foam and the blue.
Just like they do, sinking into the ocean in tandem, letting the fire across their bodies scream and wail against the salt in their new home.
Hobgoblin finds it remarkably easy to break it from his body. His skin, bones, veins, everything slips away with ease and grace that can’t be made into a real visual display. The cat is traded away for a long body made just for what they’re doing now. While her baby blues are trying to adjust the change in light, legs swinging lazily in the void, he streaks by in nothing more than a fleeting shadow, momentarily devouring the hues of blues above their heads.
He ignores the pain she feels, the gathering of lines surrounding her eyes and the crinkling of her lips as her new burns howl insults and profanities to the ocean. The Aloe Vera that the two have spent so much time gathering and applying with haste simply washes away without a blink of an eye, a thought of what its job is and was supposed to be. She thinks for a second as of how they should have taken the bridge and faced Tallsun’s harsh lashes with bravery. But they both know that Sikeax is not a brave soul and will never be, and after an eventful night with a dragon for the both of them, neither of them are wishing to encounter flames, whether they are harmless or not.
An unknown amount of time passes, filled with silence and the cool embrace of endless water in a place that spreads out for forever, before either of them can think of the world outside of each other’s existence. She could disappear for years, an eternity, without even thinking of how the world has accepted the loss of her, even both of them, and personally, never once think of how much time has passed, and how far is she from those that she loved and those that had loved her.
It’s funny like that. When her mind is full with the soul of another and her world is empty that she could go without anything she previously thought she couldn’t live without.
She pulls her body onto shore before he thinks of doing so, caught up in killing sea turtles, simply for the purpose that it makes her upset. Their large bodies are so slow and lumbersome and most of all, beautiful. He takes one life, and raises to the surface and splits it with the mangled, dying body of a lone turtle, and without blinking a single eye or gasping violently for air, proceeds to fling the sea creature into the air. He does this knowing she is standing on the stone shore, probably knee-deep in grasses not worthy consumption, watching him work with aggression to destroy pieces of its hard body.
Just as he suspects, she is doing exactly that, clutching a lump in her throat as his now meal gives in to death and floats momentarily before sinking, followed by her companion for a repeat. She tries to get the choking sob in her throat to do the same, but as she swallows it down, it finds a comfortable location in her neck to lodge itself and takes hold, left to strangle her as she works to sigh out because if she cries out of pity for the thing, he’ll have own today’s game.

OOC: Hobgoblin is in his Leopard Seal form.
They're not in the caves, but they're at the shoreline near the heart, probably about no more than a mile or two from the actual heart.

talk
credits

@Syrena

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

Who would actually seek out fire, even if it was harmless fire? Fire was hot and miserable like Tallsun, and after this season, she’d had enough of fire to last a life time. The Falls keeps breaking out in little wildfires. The scorching sun keeps leeching the water from her ponds and into the sky. And she keeps finding herself forced to move to different ponds, and eventually, forced into the river near the base of the waterfall. It’s about the only place left that is still more water than mud. And of course, Isopia’s personal little pool, not that Syrena can go there. Or right, not Isopia, the Mountain that Knows. Knows what? Well, that’s a whole different question. Chick was ruder than Synrea, which was saying something.

Today, she ends up shoreline near the heart of Helovia. Why? Great question, and she has no good answer. Because she was wandering along the shorelines of Helovia, as she always did, when she noticed a seal flinging a turtle in the air and stopped to watch. Death didn’t scare her, or make her sad. Wasting death was something to mourn, yes. But death that served a purpose? She can’t fault the seal for wanting to eat, to sustain itself. And to do so required death of some sort. Be it a creature that seemed more obviously alive, like a turtle, or something less obviously alive but still alive, like the grass they all crushed beneath their feet without a second thought.

For her part, she ate the grass. But once, grass did nothing for her. Once, she drowned her victims and stole their souls, the years they had left on their life adding to her own. It was not quite immortality, but it was close. And she never felt bad or sorry about those deaths. They served a purpose in the vicious circle of this life, and that was all anyone could ask for. Perhaps that made her a monster. Perhaps it simply made her practical. But either way, fate had a great sense of humor apparently, because she was no longer a predator. She’d joined the damned world of prey.

After a moment, she notices the mare nearby, also watching the seal. She looks slightly more distraught at this whole scene, particularly when compared to Syrena (who never wears any emotion on her face anyway). But hell, Syrena might just be making that up. She can’t actually read facial expressions all that well, or normal social cues, or anything else. For a moment, she debates turning and leaving, hoping the other mare hasn’t seen her. But no, that’s not the version of herself she’s trying to be. She’s trying to be social and nice and make something of this hellish life she’s stuck with. So instead, she says, “Hello.” Alright, so not exactly social butterfly level, but it was something.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Sikeax - so sorry I totally missed this!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
It was damned hot, if I had anything to say about it.
Which, coincidentally, I do.

Now, I come from a home where there are warm, sandy beaches, but it still snows there in the winter.  In this land, the sun of summer seems to be hellbent on causing as much discomfort as possible.  The idea of snow itself comforts my heart a little, but not enough to halt the sweat escaping my pores and soaking my grime covered body.

The ache in my shoulder has finally receded enough to allow me to fly, the birth right of my race.  Thanks to the curt and strange Seanan, who I think if I found again someday, I would extend an offer of thanks.  My initial plan had been to recover from my mortal injury and return to the life of a vagabond.  Something about Helovia made the idea of leaving it uncomfortable.  Besides, I had no home to return to, no smiling faces to greet me.  I had decided, quite reluctantly, that this hellhole was as good as any other for the time being.

The heat from the sun which bakes the sweat from my body almost as fast as it can produce the liquid is making me reconsider.
When the heat in the sky becomes unbareable, I finally conceide defeat and slowly circle downward, seeing the ocean below.  The inviting blue of its waters makes me tug the soft velveteen of my lips upward in a smile, though you might not recognize the expression as such.
Something about the line torn across my mouth is ugly, not evil, but far from joyous.  Instead, it seems like the smile one would wear through tears.

I had given up on crying long ago.

Without slowing much in my descent, I plunge into the waters below.  A cascade of water rushes over my figure, cooling my body instantly.  A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I draw back upward toward the surface, the echoes of the massive wave my body had caused reaching out to the sandy shores.

Slowly, I begin to wade back toward the shore when I see them.  The figures are feminine, standing not far from each other.  One colored like the night, the other mimicking my own coloring.  Thanks the the salty embrace of the sea, much of the dirt and grime which plagued my frame almost eternally dissipates, which would make it possible to see the resemblance that, on most days, would be hidden from sight.  For a moment, I wonder if it were possible to just swim in the opposite direction, come ashore without speaking or being noticed by the ladies.
Then, cursing my own stupidity, I realize the size of the wave I created would not have gone unnoticed by a blind bat, much less two full cognizant women.
I sigh, but resign myself to swimming toward them.

When my hooves contact the sand below I march straight out, not bothering to shake the excess water from my body.  It falls like small rivers, staining the dust at my hooves with a darker hue.

I am still perhaps fifteen feet from them, but my mismatched eyes turn to view them with a face locked in disinterest.  "Hey," I say, my voice feeling strange in my mouth.
It had been weeks since I had spoken to anyone.
"Does this place always rival a furnace in temperature, or am I just blessed to be experiencing it?"

""

ooc -- Hope you don't mind me tossing Ryouta in here!  He needs something to do.
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Sikeax & @Syrena