the Rift

[OPEN] Unchained

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
I am not much of a wanderer, but I am glad that I have ventured into Helovia to find this place.

Light flickers atop the waters of the river, whose gentle waves have been stirred by the wind. The myriad leaves overhead turn the world beneath their shade a vague tint of green. Bushes filled with beautiful white flowers sprout nearby - hydrangea, I believe they are called - and I wonder if they will stay that color. In my homeland, hydrangea bushes were present in varying shades of pink and blue. I have not yet seen enough of this land to know if the same will hold true.

I stand in the shade of the Ancient Rotunda, the focal point of the area and the reason for my visit. Great marble pillars extend above me, holding a wrought iron design of vines and leaves in an arch at the top of the structure. Stained glass is fixed beautifully within the metal design, covering the stone floor of the rotunda in ever-shifting colors and shades. At every entrance, long, flowing drapes wave gently in the breeze, coaxing in weary travelers and curious adventurers alike. It is beautiful.

I am alone and at peace, something that could not be said for me at any other point of time since my arrival in Helovia. Birds sing happily in the branches overhead as the brook chuckles cheerfully alongside the structure in which I have taken shelter. Even the heat of Tallsun seems unable to permeate the area. I step outside, basking in the calm that surrounds me before I lower my head to graze.

The greenest part of the grass I carefully pull up at the roots and set aside, laying the offering at the base of a large willow tree. It seems like a fitting place to leave my tribute to the gods. Bowing my head, I pray. I pray for peace. I pray for happiness. I pray for courage. But most of all, I pray for the ability to be useful, to find a place in my herd and family where I can truly belong. With that done, I am free to eat in peace, and so I set about my lunch, carefully nudging each mouthful of grass twice before ingesting it.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Leif, if you want, and anyone else is welcome! I would like this to move along fairly quickly - I want Persephone to discover her kitsune egg here! :3
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
Leif truly believed that as the days passed he would grow more acclimated to this new land he had found himself in, this land of Helovia. As those very days passed, however, the ivory stag began to wonder if it was true. For awhile he had remained in the Aurora Basin, satisfied with his coveted, protected surroundings, growing familiar to the nooks and crannies of the land and the many not-equines that lived there, remaining isolated from the Basin herd, always watching, studying, and learning how his new brothers and sisters worked. How they functioned, how they spoke, acted, desperately trying to familiarize himself with their odd mannerisms.

As an Elk, he knew nothing of the customs of horses. As Rexanna and Elspeth had stated, their males did not knock their antlers together in a form of rough-and-tumble greeting. Instead, supposedly, in this land, not-horses intimately brushed their muzzles together regardless of sex, breathing hot air within one another's nostrils. It was a foreign concept, but an intimate one that spoke of close relation, and Leif had no idea if he would ever be that comfortable in this mysterious land to do something like that to another.

A few days since his acceptance into the Aurora Basin herd had drifted by, and Leif had grown restless. Settling within a herd had done wonders to ease his uneasiness and anxiety, yes, soothing the feeling of constantly being hunted, but he was plagued with a yearning to explore Helovia, to see more of this mysterious land full of beautiful and unique not-horses and fellow exquisite wonders.

From the northern lands the white stag had ventured south, a proud, pale ghost amidst oddly placed normality, his steps cautious but graceful, blue-green eyes looking out for adversaries as well as soaking in every bit of knowledge that he could. What he stumbled upon, however, could not be placed into words.

Beautiful.

And it was. Breathtakingly so, that for a moment, the white Elk stood between a collection of white-flowered bushes, his equally white pelt standing out amidst the surprising amount of greenery, appreciating the beauty that he had happened across. Eight-tined head held high, large oval ears swiveling, the stag surveyed the place he had found with a silent, awed appreciation.

He had thought this land somewhat barren and dry amidst the hot summer sun, but this land, lush and abloom with flowers, leaves barring off the hot rays of the sun, was a grand, welcome exception. Nearby a creek could be heard churning against the earth, but what truly caught hold of the stag's blue-green eyes was an odd, stone formation. Pillars as thick as tree-trunks rose up out of a stone slab, gnarled bars of metal woven intimately together with a rainbow of glass held protectively in their metal grasp. How odd it was... How positively queer.

A flash of pastel, equal parts dark and bright snagged the Elk's attention and his head twisted, antlers snagging a few low-hanging branches. Leif's gaze landed upon yet another not-horse, and this oddly-colored woman, just like the few that he had met, were so intricately decorated and otherworldly beautiful. For a moment the Elk's eyes remained rooted on the pastel woman, appreciating her strange beauty from afar, taking note of the proud horn upon her feminine brow and wondering if she was a threat...

But she appeared calm. Peaceful. Equally as beautiful as the scenery that Leif found himself standing in, a pastel priestess amidst a summer's paradise.

"... Greetings, Miss," Leif dared to beckon, large ivory ears swiveled forward and at attention, his dished, handsome face expressing nothing but warm gentleness and innocence, "I apologize for intruding upon your afternoon meal." Vocals were deep and somewhat guttural, as usual, but tinged with royal eloquence. Here, he dipped his magnificent head in a nod towards the pastel not-horses' direction, unable to figure out how to go about properly greeting this woman. "My name is Leif. Could I persuade you to share this beautiful space?"

the white stag
Image Credit

@Persephone <3
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Outcast
I am enjoying my meal, carefully tearing up blades of grass at the roots before dropping them to inspect them. It is a remnant of my days within the Rift, living at my father's beck and call - so often was I called upon to reanimate the dead that I cannot quite believe that the power did not follow me here. Each time I graze, I must test myself, make sure that what is dead will stay that way. The grass is an excellent subject, for it cannot rise against me if it were to come back to life. It cannot attack me, or anyone else, as my father's zombies were so wont to do. As always, with each touch, the grass remains limp and still; as always, I breathe a sigh of relief. My past cannot follow me here, cannot haunt me - and every day I pray that it will stay that way.

A rustle of leaves catches my attention and I raise my head, pausing with a mouthful of grass still between my teeth. Small shoots stick out the side of my mouth as I scan the area, the sunlight reflecting off of my pelt and shimmering through my glassy horn. From a small copse of trees across the way, I can see a brilliant white elk staring out at me. He is an impressive specimen, so unlike the smaller deer that wander throughout Helovia: he is tall and broad, with massive antlers that span far to either side of his head. For a moment, I think that he is just another animal passing through, no doubt as startled to see me as I him. But then he speaks with a low, gentle voice, and I blink with surprise. "Oh!" I exclaim softly before I can stop myself, amazed and intrigued (and perhaps a bit afraid) to be confronted by such unique company.

It takes me mere seconds to gather my thoughts and my surprise, smiling kindly at the stranger after swallowing the mouthful of grass. His horns scare me - they would be most painful if turned against me - but he does not seem threatening. Indeed, he has barely even approached me yet, choosing instead to ask permission first. The good manners surprise me in an entirely different way, encouraging me to gather my courage and beckon him closer with a quick swing of my horn. "Please do join me, good sir," I offer by way of invitation. "It is no interruption. I will be glad for the company." It is a bit of a white lie - I was perfectly content to graze alone - but his presence does not make me unhappy. Indeed, perhaps he will prove an interesting friend to have.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Leif - wow, said I wanted this to move quickly then took forever and a day to respond. Good job self.
pixel by Kiara <3

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
She took note of him with honest surprise, as they always did. Her head raises with a thoughtful pause, seeing him, the sight of him taking a moment to register as it always did... But she appears to not be put-off by his arrival or his abnormalities, instead swallowing her mouthful of breakfast and beckoning him to join. Her voice is feminine and pleasant to hear, vocals sweet and kindly, noble in their own way, and Leif can already tell that his council for company with her would not be misplaced.

A sincere and warm smile crossed his handsome face, blue-green eyes shining with obvious relief that he had not been cast away by this uniquely colored mistress. She twists her head, the jewel of her horn catching the speckled sunlight in a positively queer way that intrigued the white stag, but her words urge him closer and so closer he goes.

The bull Elk moves at a slow, leisurely pace, not wanting to intimidate, startle, nor upset this woman he found himself in company with. "Thank you, fair Doe. Your kindness most welcoming." As he advances, his head lifts, gaze wandering back towards the stone, iron, and glass structure with blatant curiosity. "... I am new to this land of Helovia, but never in all of my years of travel have I encountered a place like this. How peculiar and beautiful it is. Do you know the name of this place?"

If she did, he would do well to remember it, and more than likely pay it a return visit.

Settling close but not intruding upon her personal space, the white stag lowered his head and slowly lipped at a few rich, green blades of grass, pulling them up slowly and eating in almost a delicate manner. Politeness had been driven into his skull since birth, and in the company of a fine woman, Leif had no intentions on acting like a sullen, hulking brute... Not that he thought he ever could, if he wished to honor his mother's spirit.

Chewing thoughtfully, the white bull swallowed before lifting his head, gaze once more focusing on the pastel and striped woman. "... Forgive me if this is terribly bold of me to say, but I have met with a lot of beautiful individuals since my arrival, but never have I met such beauty as yours." It was not a flirtatious or lewd statement, merely that of a thoughtful observation, admiring and complimenting beauty where it was due. It was simply in his nature to admire and learn. "Are you from Helovia, miss?"

the white stag
Image Credit

@Persephone - Sorry for the wait. ;-;
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Outcast
My smile seems to draw the brilliant stag closer, coaxing a smile to his unique face. I am entranced by both the beauty and the bulk of him; though we are of a height, he is wider and more muscular than I. If he were an equine stallion, I would no doubt be frightened, timid and afraid to be alone with him. But he is an elk, and there is something calming about him that leaves me curious rather than nervous. He walks slowly towards me, and I giggle softly when he calls me a doe. It is clearly meant to be a polite greeting, and though it strikes me as strange to be referred to in such a manner, I cannot say that it bothers me. In fact, I find the title rather pleasing, almost as though it is a special moniker that he has bestowed upon me and only me. It's rather silly of me, but it puts me even more at ease.

His words are slow and purposeful, as though he measures the worth of each one before allowing it to pass his lips. "I am fairly new to Helovia as well, kind sir," I admit softly, an almost sheepish smile upon my maw. "My herd-mates told me of this place. They called it the Ancient Rotunda, and promised me that it would be a masterpiece to behold." I paused, glancing about at the almost magical structure. Its many hues dance across the marbled floor, the metal work casting intricate shadows within. "They did not lie."

My attention returns to the stag, who has taken a polite mouthful of grass. I do the same, not wishing to be rude by watching him as he eats. The tuft of greenery cuts easily, and I set it down to nudge it (just to be sure, you never can tell with these things) before consuming it with a dainty swallow. The elk's voice catches my attention and I look to him, my head raising from its proximity to the ground. My head tilts to the side in almost puzzled consideration of his words. Again, a girlish, pleased giggle escapes me. "Oh, you are too kind!" I chide. "There are many Helovians who are prettier than I." Even as I denied the compliment, it warmed me to hear all the same.

"But no, I am not; I fell through the Rifts. It's... well, I suppose it's been many moons since, hasn't it?" I muse, almost to myself. How long has it been since I left my homeland, escaped my father's evil ways? "I was trying to leave my homeland, but I wasn't planning on ending up quite so far away." It is almost rueful, the way I speak of it; but in truth, I could not be happier to be out of my father's clutches, without the magic that he had abused so horribly. "I am happy here, though. It is not what I expected it to be, but I am pleased to have made a home within its borders. From what land do you hail, dear sir?"

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Leif - says I want this to move quickly, takes ten years to respond. A+ for me.
pixel by Kiara <3