the Rift

[PRIVATE] sister-wives

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Nyx has been pregnant in every single season, but she has firmly decided that Tallsun is the worst.

Sure, being pregnant during the long winter months hadn't been a party either, what with the lack of food and constant bone-biting cold. But at least she wasn't sweating her ass cheeks off, too hot to do anything but flop around in the shade all day and desperately try to rid herself of the flies that seem to think her skin is a five-course banquet. Food is plentiful, at least, but the heat exhausts her. Her swollen sides gleam with sweat, and her movements are lethargic and half-arsed.

Sunrise today finds her lazing beneath a tree in the meadow, seizing her chance to eat before the heat gets unbearable. Her appetite fades when she's hot, and her unborn child needs sustenance, so she desperately fills her belly during the morning and evening hours when the sweltering temperatures are marginally more bearable. Dominus is suffering just as much as Nyx, with his thick mane and great size, but unlike her he has to motivate himself to move in order to hunt. Ah, sweet herbivore perks: her food stays where it is, whereas her lion has to hunt his down and kill it.

She flicks her long black tail lazily to bat away the flies whilst she lays on her rotund side in the shade of a large oak. Her pregnancy is quite obvious; again, she is either carrying a large foal or twins. The latter would not surprise her, as she produces the fuckers like they're going out of fashion. With a languid yawn, the mare continues to nibble at the grass, whilst Dominus gnaws on a dead rat next to her.

SOMEDAY WE MAY SEE A WOMAN KING, SWORD IN HAND, SWING AT SOME EVIL AND BLEED

@Sohalia I so wanted to call this thread 'sperm sisters' BUT THAT WOULD BE INAPPROPRIATE

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

In the aftermath of a storm, the world is always quiet, as though it is being born anew. Such was the Dragon's Throat on the morning after, as it would surely come to be known as in Sohalia's mind. The morning after the tempest, the morning after the world crumbled, the morning after her vindication. Whatever it was, it was morning, and it was after, and the Transcended needed to be free of the sands, if only for today. In the silence around the oasis, she ensured that her youngest daughter would be properly watched in her absence before taking flight.

There were no tears, not anymore, though the dove did look a bit worse for wear after the storm last night. Her mane was tangled hopelessly (perhaps Astraeus would help her to comb through it later), her tail even more so, and the feathers of her wings were ruffled haphazardly this way and that. Even her eyes looked different than normal - gaunt and hollow, as though she had lost something that she had cherished deeply. No amount of sunshine could lift her mood; the freedom of flight could not sway the darkness that had taken hold of her.

If she was running away from her problems, she refused to admit it.

Astraeus flew warily above her, concern for his bonded flickering through the bond with his outrage at the stallion who had caused all the trouble to begin with. He remained silent despite the urge to speak out, to berate Gaucho, to try and cheer Sohalia. The zephyr sensed that she needed to be alone with her thoughts, needed to bask in the silence, needed to come to terms with the eventful evening of the night before. He would be a lookout as they explored the terrain, traversed the well-known reaches of Helovia. They had been just about everywhere, after all - Sohalia had never been one to stay in one place for long.

Midmorning saw them safely to the Thistle Meadow, where the pair began their descent. If nothing else, Sohalia reasoned, she would be able to graze and Astraeus would be able to hunt in peace. With that in mind, she slowed to a walk as soon as her hooves hit the ground, focusing on the minute movements of muscles in her limbs to avoid thoughts of last night. Astraeus was the one to call the mare's attention to the stranger beneath the tree - a pregnant unicorn, by the looks of her - and with a sigh, the Transcended decided that she couldn't politely ignore the stranger's presence.

"Hello," she called softly, approaching with a worn smile upon her maw. "Would you like some company?"

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com

OOC | lol I love it xDDDD
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Dominus, ever watchful even as his bonded is lost in a heat-induced stupour, is the one to alert the pregnant silver to the presence of another. It is a pale pegasus, a stranger to the ironheart, accompanied by what looked like a bird. Slowly, painfully, the mare lifts her head from her grazing to scrutinise the other female. Smaller than her, winged. Not important things, but Nyx always notes down these aspects of everybody she ever meets. It's just her fight training in motion, something she can't stop herself doing even when she's off the battlefield.

The approaching pegasus seems friendly enough (which is a relief - the General may be assured of her capabilities on the battlefield, but she would be worse than useless in a fight in her current condition, unless she could somehow body-slam her opponent) and asks if Nyx would like some company. "Of course," says the grey pleasantly, dipping her head in an affirmative nod to the other. She shuffles her considerable girth sideways, making some more space in the shade beneath the tree. "Here, you can get out of the sun. It's not even fully up yet and it's still hotter than the pits of hell." She gives a disgruntled sigh. Is there any need for it to be so hot?! It makes her irritable, fuelled by her current condition. But she isn't intending on taking it out on this stranger - perhaps the company will do her good, take her mind off her pregnancy. She can't remember a Tallsun this sweltering in a long, long time.

But thinking about her discomfort only makes her grumpy, so she shakes it off and tries to focus on the one who is accompanying her. "I'm Nyx, General of the World's Edge. Who're you?" Her tones are friendly, if a little exhausted. She isn't the only one; either her eyes deceive her or this other mare looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders, too.

@Sohalia

The stranger, upon closer inspection, was a pretty, smoky grey; her legs, mane, and tail were a dark grey, almost black. A long, slender horn protruded from her head, matching the darkest parts of her body. Beside one another, they made for a strange pair: Sohalia was made of smooth, soft, light greys where the stranger was all contrasting lights and darks. Underneath the large, pregnant belly, Sohalia could make out muscles that betrayed her work as a warrior. The dove's approach was met with words of welcome, and with a smile she joined the unicorn beneath the shade of the tree.

The leaves above did little to block out the growing heat of the day, something that the stranger was quick to remark upon. Her blunt words drew a startled laugh from Sohalia, who quickly decided that she liked this mare already. It had been some time since she had been around someone fiesty, who would speak their mind easily. It had been longer still since she had been able to consider someone like that a friend. "I'm Sohalia, of..." she paused for a heartbeat, wondering if she could even claim her home anymore. "Of the Dragon's Throat." Her tone, if Nyx was paying attention, would betray the discord that raged within her. "It's lovely to meet you, Nyx."

Introductions over, the Transcended relaxed in the shade, beads of sweat appearing on her hide. She looked longingly at the sky for any trace of a cloud, only be disappointed. It would seem that Helovia had rained itself out last night. "I don't remember the last time it was this hot," she admitted. "I can't imagine it's any more pleasant in the World's Edge, is it?" The Edge, she knew, was a land of cliffs and mist, the sound of the ocean ever nearby. Still, she doubted that even they had much of a reprieve with Tallsun raging all around them.

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

She flashes the other a grin as she laughs - ah, she aims to amuse! Bluntness and brazen vulgarity is just part of Nyx's makeup. She is rarely to be found without an innuendo on her lips, even when discussing something deadly serious. It's just how she's made. It is both a defence mechanism and a way of bonding, and if it works, great. If it doesn't, and her would-be friend gets offended by her crassness...well, she doesn't want to know them anyway.

The pegasus introduces herself as Sohalia, from the Dragon's Throat. "A pleasure. What's it like in the Throat? I've never been there before, but I may be giving birth just inside the borders." The thought of delivering her child outside the Edge again is not something she's ever considered, nor something she finds overly appealing. She is very fond of her home, and after giving birth in the wilderness last time, she'd hoped to return to home comforts this time. But, she reasons, Gaucho deserves to see his foal being born, and delivering it under his protection is certainly appealing. No fool would dare attack her with the Wildfire stood nearby, a great hulking rock of power.

So this Throat mare is an ideal opportunity to find out about the land she's going to temporarily enter. She's lived in the Edge throughout her time here, and visited the Basin with Deodat once, but the other two herds are a mystery to her. Sohalia asks if the Edge is this bad, and the silver nods. "It isn't, unfortunately. Usually we have the sea breeze to take some of the heat away, but this season seems to be devoid of even that. It's sweatier than an asscrack, if you'll pardon the analogy." She flashes a grin, shifting slightly to ease some of the weight on her colossal sides.

@Sohalia

Where Nyx was brash, Sohalia was reserved, and though the dove did not take the unicorn's vulgarity for rudeness, it did come as a surprise. The Transcended had always been polite and diplomatic, and she got the impression that neither of those traits were inherent in the mare before her. Even so, she settled peacefully into her place beside the mare, making pleasant conversation as the humid morning drug on. One thing was certain: Nyx's description of the day was accurate. It was certainly hotter than the pits of hell and sweatier than an asscrack. (She wondered if she would ever be able to speak so brazenly. She rather doubted it.)

At the unicorn's query about her homeland, Sohalia smiled. Her interest was piqued by the information that Nyx's mate - however temporary - was located within the desert borders. The mare thought of the many eligible bachelors roaming the sands and she wondered who it was that had won Nyx's heart. The stranger did not seem the type to fall for just any man. Perhaps it was wrong of the dove to assume love upon any who was pregnant - after all, she had fallen prey to a one night stand that had ended in Aleta - but it was, nonetheless, her assumption.

"The Dragon's Throat is beautiful, but very hot," she told the mare honestly. "It has been my home for many seasons, and the summers never get any easier. The oasis is far more pleasant than the sands - there is as much greenery there as anywhere else in Helovia, and a small lake to slake your thirst. At night, the temperature is much more bearable, and if you walk a short distance from the trees, you have a beautiful view of the stars." She paused, smiling sheepishly. "But I suppose you may find that out soon enough. Congratulations, by the way," she added, nodding towards Nyx's swollen belly. "Children are a blessing."

After listening to Nyx's commentary on the Edge, Sohalia continued with another startled laugh, though it was somehow pleasing to her to hear the heat described in such a manner. "Well, a breeze is difficult to come by in the Throat, I'm afraid - but, truly, the oasis is almost pleasant. I wouldn't want to give birth at the border. If and when you come to us, please do try to make your way to the oasis. If you are questioned, tell them I invited you further in. You'll be safer, cooler, and closer to healers, in case the need arises." Her brow had furrowed slightly as she spoke, a small frown creasing her maw. She had had one too many births in which she or her children had needed assistance. She would not wish it on this mare.

"If you don't mind my asking," Sohalia said after a moment, her voice taking on a teasing tone, "who is the lucky stallion who won your affections?"

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.

@Nyx

Nyx's worst fears about the Throat are confirmed when Sohalia mentions that it is very hot. If there's one thing the silver hates (as proven by her beautifully vulgar vocabularly regarding this), it's the heat. The notion of giving birth - a sweaty and horrible process in itself - in the searing heat of the desert...she begins to have misgivings, but she's already promised Gaucho. Sohalia advises that the oasis within the Throat is a better place, and Nyx gratefully notes this down within her mind.

The pegasus then congratulates her, and she smiles. "Thank you. This isn't my first child, but I confess that I'm rather excited by the prospect of him or her." She doesn't elaborate; truthfully, she's excited for a number of reasons. One, that with such a powerful sire, they have true potential running through their veins, potential that could carry them to greatness. But it's also because with Enyo, Libertad and d'Arcy's disappearances, the only foal she really has left is Oizys - and to the rest of the Edge, Oizys isn't actually hers. With this child, she intends to do things properly. It will grow up well-balanced and loved, the apple of its mother's eye. "Have you any children of your own?"

Sohalia elaborates on the Oasis, and the silver nods. "Thank you, I appreciate the advice. I'm rather worried that I'll turn up on the borders and be chased away by protective herdmembers who think I'm just some random fat woman come to steal their supplies." Oh, the shame of that!

The other then asks who the father is, and Nyx shifts slightly. She loves a good gossip as much as the next woman, and she's almost bursting with the desire to tell somebody that she banged the Wildfire, but is it wise to broadcast such a thing? He might not want it to become common knowledge...but he didn't strike her as the sort of man to be ashamed of fatherhood, and from what she'd gathered, he is no stranger to it. So, with a conspiratorial twinkle in her eye, she reveals all to her newfound friend. "His name is Gaucho. I believe he is the Throat's king. We met many years ago, then happened to....ahem....bump into each other again quite recently." Literally bump.

@Sohalia

Sohalia's smile, almost always at least faintly present on her face, widened as Nyx admitted to her excitement. The dove understood perfectly, having borne quite a few children herself. Each of them was unique, each of them loved unconditionally, none of them favored over the others (she thought guiltily of Aleta, of whom she had seen little and less as time went on), but with each new addition, a bubble of excitement had always swollen in her breast as she contemplated who they would be, what they would look like, where they would go in their lives. She was pleased to see that Nyx was as excited about motherhood as she herself had been not too long before - after all, Vinati was only newly born.

"Quite a few, actually," Sohalia admitted with a warm chuckle. "My youngest was born quite recently, actually. My oldest... they would have been five, this season." A touch of sadness colored her voice as she remembered Diniel, stillborn, unable to even begin to live her life, and Skysong, murdered several years before by Gaucho's hoof. A twinge of guilt speared her as she thought of how she had thrown that at him angrily during their fight. It had never been his fault, but she had been so eager to blame him when it suited her...

Nyx spoke again, revealing her concern about giving birth in a foreign herd. Sohalia shook the ghosts from her mind, offering what she hoped was an inviting smile to the unicorn. "It would be very unlikely for any of my herd to turn away a mare in labor," she assured the other mare. "Though, if it worries you, perhaps a visit to introduce yourself before birthing? You would be more quickly recognized that way." Indeed, if the mare was interested, it would be no trouble at all for Sohalia to arrange such introductions. If nothing else, she was well-known to many members of her herd. Though she doubted that she still commanded their respect, she knew them well enough to know that they would accept Nyx without hesitation.

The dove inquired as to the father and was intrigued as Nyx leaned closer, as though about to spill a particularly juicy secret. Sohalia was not one to seek out gossip, but she had to admit, she was curious to see which of her herd's stallions had managed to seduce this mare. "His name is..." The Transcended leaned in, her eyes twinkling with conspiratorial mirth. Would it be Misael, perhaps, the Sleuth who protected them? Or maybe even Cera, her former pupil - he was more than old enough now to sire his own offspring, though she could not quite imagine him as anything but the lanky child that she had taught all those years ago. She quickly dismissed Einarr, who seemed to be quite happily taken by Megaera, though she had no doubt that a stallion of his strength would have an easier time seducing someone with such a strong personality as Nyx.

"Gaucho."

For a moment, the dove thought that perhaps she had misheard. Her smile faltered ever-so-slightly, an almost imperceptible look of horror creeping its way into her gaze. She could hear the blood rushing to her head, could feel her heartbeat pounding in her ears. Nyx was describing him then, the king of the Throat, and the mare knew that there was no mistake. The unicorn had been impregnated by her Sultan, her lover, her shekh ma shieraki anni. Suddenly, she felt as though her heart was being cleaved in two, torn out of her chest. This was not like before, when he had sired other children - she had been gone then, and he had no doubt thought her dead.

This was vengeance.

This was a hate-fuck meant to get back at her.

This was war.

"I - I'm sorry," she stammered, her head reeling as she stepped away from the unicorn mare. She couldn't breath. She needed air. "I'm afraid I have to... I need to..." She wanted to run, to fling herself into the air and fly until she found her asshole ex-mate; at the same time, she wanted to disappear, to hide away in shame, for as she had been pining for him, he had very clearly not been wanting her. "I have to go," she finally choked out, her words cool and distant, sounding strange even to her own ears. "Good luck with the birthing. Find the oasis, remember." And then she was moving, out of the shade, into the open, away from the bitch mare (it wasn't her fault, she couldn't have known, this was his doing, the stupid Sultan).

And then she was flying. Tears streamed down her face. She didn't know where she was going, and she no longer cared.

It was time to get away.

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.

@Nyx