the Rift

[OPEN] We All Have Our Days

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

After leaving the Heart Caves the young filly turned to head for home only to once again find herself lost in the midst of Helovia's vast expanse. Groaning audibly in frustration she stopped to do a quick survey of the scenery around her. Left looked the same as right with all grass and a few trees here and there across the landscape. Shaking her head she knew that there was no way she was going to be able to tell where in the world she was this time but the Edge had to be around here somewhere she mused heading to her right. Above the sun beat down on her making sweat rise to her skin while it started to burn the lighter patches of white that showed her skin. The feeling was uncomfortable but wanting to get home the filly continued to walk along in the hot sunshine swatting her tail back and forth to try and bring some sort of cooling to her poor body.

It took awhile before the youngster just couldn't take it any longer and pulled herself up underneath the shade of one of the few trees collapsing at its base. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to be out travelling in this heat but how else was she supposed to get home? Her mouth felt as dry as sandpaper and her body temperature could probably fry an egg, sadly the filly could not see any source of fresh water around above the grasses. She guessed that she would have to wait until she somehow managed to get home to be able to drink something but who knows when that would be. If she had to guess the time she would have to say mid afternoon based on the position of the fireball but for all she knew it could be much later. Laying her head back into the cooler grass she sighed welcoming the slight change in temperature gratefully as she lay there trying to find the will to go back out in the sunshine. Eventually she would have to get up and move but right now her legs did not want to work and her body felt too worn out to even move.

Hera Speaks

•• TAGS: @Aelfwine •• NOTES: Not the best starter will get better ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Something in you is yearning,
for where all the wild things went,
God it’s hot.’ The doe thought to herself as she dragged her ebony hued legs through the grasses. They tickled and pressed gently against her hocks as she walked, whispers on the winds that hinted at cooler times but never gave in. She sighed to herself, warmth spread across her body except for the paler parts. They were warm, but not nearly as heat conserving as the darker spots of the mare. For that, she was thankful to have a dorsal stripe of ivory, thankful for the ivory tree marking that cascaded over her rump. But even still, the heavy horns that cast their shadows along her face were black as night and oh so heavy and warm.

She tried her best to survey the lands for water, but couldn’t quite find anything at this point in the land. Aelfwine needed to find something and hopefully sooner rather than later. She could really go for a cool soothing bath like she had not that long ago in the Secret Grove. As she carried her heavy large body across the grasses, her cloven hooves scraped against tiny rocks and lush earth as she held her head high, squinting against the bright light from the sun in the attempt of spotting water. But what she spotted instead was even better. It was another soul, one that perhaps might know where some water was!

A smile placed itself on her pink sniped lips as she trailed over to the filly under the trees in the shade. As she approached, the question on the tip of her tongue disappeared as she noticed the warmth radiating from the little one. “Uh, hello?” She questioned quietly, trying to register if there was a response. “I was just on my way to find the river, do you know which way it might be?” She questioned again with a flick of her tail to fan away the heat that beat down on her. Her emerald eyes never leaving the splashed filly graced with beautiful hues of teal and three horns along her brow. The filly didn’t look like she was in that great of shape so Aelfwine mentally prepared herself to help the child out in any way she could – of course so long as it benefitted herself. She wasn’t exactly like her brother who would drop everything to help someone in need. No, for Aelfwine, she had to have something of a reward in it for the motivation.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
amidst a world made of cement.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Hera

Outcast
nickel

Half falling asleep in her heat laden body the filly awoke to the sound of a voice and someone standing over her. Stirring with delayed reactions the girl lifted her head slowly allowing her eyes to adjust to see a strange coloured mare with big horns attached to her head. Blinking a couple times to make sure that she was actually seeing what she was seeing she finally settled this to reality. Hearing the words she took a minute to comprehend them but slowly shook her head in response. She wished that she knew where there was water, well other than back home that is. "Hello." She finally said still a little wary of the stranger.

Pulling herself groggily to her feet she shook off the debris that had gathered upon her coat sending up a small cloud of dust. In a way the mare before her reminded her of her mother, she was tall, had horns and her coat had been a similar colour but she didn't smell like her mom. She knew that her mother was gone but no matter how hard she tried to forget her there was just no getting rid of the pain her memory caused her. There would always be that little part of her that had died along with her mom that would never be forgotten no matter how many years had passed.

Curling her tail around her for comfort she stood there feeling a little embarrassed that she couldn't even find her way home never mind find water when she needed it. Sighing softly she finally spoke again this time with a little more confidence. "I tried to find water, but I couldn't find it. It got really hot."

Back in the Edge there was many places she could get water but out here she knew of none. Perhaps she should have taken more care to find these things before she traveled so far from home. Next time she would be sure to find water first so she wouldn't be so overcome by dehydration making her feel so sick. At least her time in the shade had helped her to cool down a little bit so she could actually think straight again. Maybe they could help each other find water...

Hera Speaks

•• TAGS: @Aelfwine •• NOTES: Did you want to be tagged in posts? ••

A small frown found the doe’s lips as she realized she had woken the filly. Even still, the tiny child shook her head no to her question but then uttered a hello. Ivory ears flickered to the child then to the surrounding area. Her gaze soon followed for a few moments, stepping back slightly away from the child as a thin amount of sweat beaded up on her dappled body. As the filly began to pull herself up, she shook and Aelfwine watched her for a moment with an unamused look upon her face. She was tired and thirsty, and it was really freaking hot. But she waited, part of her lingering on the filly as she moved.

Finally, she spoke, mentioning the fact that she had tried to find water but she couldn’t find it. The doe nodded her heavy skull for a moment glancing around again before returning her emerald gaze to the splashed filly in front of her. “Well, you can come with me and we can look? You can stick to my shadow so it isn’t so hot?” She questioned, putting it out there for the filly to grasp onto. It would be her good deed of the day if she led this tired filly to water. “Where do you live? Do you know how to get home from the water?” She asked quieter this time.

And after a few seconds she began to move, long limbs carrying her heavy dappled body across the grasses while her cloven hooves grasped onto the dry earth beneath her. She imagined that the water would have to be somewhat closer to the West, right? It would make sense! And while her compass was basically dead, she had lived long enough to be able to figure out where north was after observing the sun for the day. So she moved, hoping that perhaps the filly would follow her in their pursuit of the river.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
aelfwine
image | coding

I do! Do you want to be tagged? Also sorry it's kinda crappy :L @Hera

Outcast
nickel

Pulling herself together so that she didn't hopefully seem like such a baby she tried to remove the thoughts of how pathetic she felt from her mind altogether. She was better than this, she needed to start acting more grown up. Surely a grown up wouldn't let the heat get to them as much as she had. Taking a moment to look around she once again tried to figure out where she was in relation to the Edge. Maybe if she just traveled north she would eventually find her way back home. Deciding on this to be her ideal plan of action she forced herself to move forward after the mare who had gratefully let her come with her on their search for water.

"Thank you." She replied graciously remembering to use her manners when it was necessary. The one thing that she remembered about her mother was how polite she used to be. Granted she didn't get to be around her for all that long she could still remember that much. Other things that had been ingrained into her was what her mom looked like, her smell, oh how she missed this... Mama had horns but they didn't look much like those she had, they were much smaller and they were positioned lower on her face. What did her daddy look like she wondered absently. Blinking back the emotional tears of her past she forced herself to think of the task at hand, finding water.

"I live in the Edge. I should be able to find my way back from the water." She said remembering that the mare had asked her questions. Now that she had answered them fully perhaps she could ask one or two of her own. "Who are you anyway?" she asked. It was still scorching hot out but staying in the larger mare's shadow did help to keep her a little cooler. She sure hoped that the would find water soon because she really hated her mouth feeling like sandpaper.

Hera Speaks

•• TAGS: @Aelfwine •• NOTES: Yes please tag me <3 ••

The filly walked with her, and Aelfwine was careful to make sure the shade landed mostly on the child. Despite both having lighter coats, the sun and the heat were unrelenting. Aelfwine was more experienced with dealing with such temperatures, she was sure. So they set off, searching for the water. She picked a direction and off they went. After walking for a few moments, the filly answered her questions gently. Nodding her heavy horned head Aelfwine smiled gently to the filly. “Well, after we drink and rest I can take you home? I haven’t been here long, I’m still learning. I heard my brother lives in the Edge, but that was some time ago. I’m not sure if he’s still there.” She admitted fondly, excitement building within her that the child was from the Edge – the place she had meant to look for her long lost sibling.

Then as they continued to walk, she looked over to her left and faintly heard the rumble of the river. “Oh! I think it’s over here. Come with me, child.” She spoke in a more hurried tone, picking up her pace slightly but glancing back at the filly to make sure she could keep up. It would be so wonderful to reach the river, to drink and to bathe in. It was far too hot and she was far too messy to want to finally meet up with her brother once again after so long. She made sure to keep an eye on the child as she rushed toward the sound, and coming over a tiny hill her emerald gaze dropped down to the source of the sound. A wide grin spread across her pink snipped lips.

They had been moving for what seemed like ages with the heat and the conversation. And finally, they had the river in sight. Cloven hooves took her across the dying grasses toward the life of water. Finally, she was able to indulge. But she allowed the filly to do so first. And she began to move into the middle of the raging river, allowing the sprays and push back to sprinkle across her dappled flesh. A smile embedded into her lips as she lowered her head to drink.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
aelfwine
image | coding

@Hera <33