the Rift

Fox and the Hound [Wanyecha]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

OOC; Unoriginal title haha :) hope its ok I snagged your description of their friendship!

Gangly legs struck out in joyous kicks and hops as a patchy colt of sand and snow pranced through the snow. In the Throat, where the heart remained just by the borders, there was very little of the fluffy cold substance. Now, with it a few inches above his knees, Cera leaped and pranced, kicking up clouds of it and whinnying his delight to the gray sky. Bittern wings extended and pushed him higher, keeping him aloft for a few seconds as he plowed through the snow.

Wherever he had been, the once pristine condition of the powder was a wreck; churned up, dirtied, and spread all over in a disaster zone of childish play. The cold was ignored, focusing only on his glee as he dipped low, feathers spreading and moving tight to his body, scooping it up onto the tips of his wings. Keeping still for a few moments until he exploded, snapping them out and leaping into the air, a shower of snow falling from his wings as he laughed and trumpeted happily. What a beautiful, cold world!
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Wanyecha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wanyecha
"if ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep"

Wanyecha, too, was enjoying the snow as she kicked and squealed in it. She had not been so long out that she was freezing and the exercise kept her muscles warm. Her pelt was thickened for winter and so she hardly felt the biting cold against her skin. Oh what a wonderful thing winter was. Rearing up she scoured the plains until she noted similar puffs of snow being thrown up by what could only be the hooves of another. With a giddy whicker, the little mare trotted toward the sounds and sights of another small one like herself.

He was a bit younger, she noted, perhaps a few months. Only just old enough to be free of his dam. She remembered those days of dependence. That being said, he was still only a bit smaller than she, though much more gangly. And what was that? Wings? Her eyes widened in excitement. She had never seen a horse with wings before. Horns, yes, even the barehead ones, but never a horse with wings! Especially not one so young.

"Hello!" she cried out with excitement, "Would you like to play?"

Absorbed in the fluffy substance the lanky colt didn't notice the approaching filly until she was a few lengths from him, shouting a cheerful hello. Slowing and stopping, grassy eyes sparkling like emeralds in his happiness. A goofy but kind smile on his face, welcoming her with boyish charm into his company. "Hello! Swathed in the purest creams, it was hard to see where she ended and the snow around them began. Caramel patterned wings shook themselves free of the snow and folded neatly, effortlessly at his sides. Just as the little doll stared at his wings, so he looked upon her horn with surprise and depthless curiosity. Cera rarely saw these equines, adorned with these sharp horns. Shaking himself and nodding without a second thought. Midas always warned him to be careful, but she was only asking to play, he rationalized. "Okay!" Forelegs lifting off the ground in a little hop, wings unfurling quickly and fluttering as he pranced anxiously in front of her, face bright at finally getting to play with someone his own age. Lowering his head until it nearly touched the snow, shuffling his wings playfully at her. "I'm Cera!"
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

The little colt smiled at her and one grace her maw as well. He was kind of funny looking, but she liked him anyway. Her mind was simple like that, if they were nice, she was nice and she hoped it went both ways. She was dying for a playmate, she hadn't been around foals her own age in ages and it would be fun to play with someone who had the energy to match her own. And she hadn't encountered a pegasus before. This would be interesting.

"What should we play? Tag, maybe!?!? But flying is cheating," she said sternly, "I'm Wanyecha," she tagged on, as an afterthought, "it's nice to meet you, Cera!" With a giggle she danced away, "by the way, you're it!" Tossing her horn, the mare she stood aways away from him, waiting for his reaction.

Cera had never seen a filly of such delicate nature, though in his kind Azeen didn't count. She was well educated and intelligent, and the colt held her in a different but no less revered position. A smile drew on her face in response to his, and Cera marveled at how similar their statutes were. He rarely saw other foals, and was still wrapping his mind around the fact that this wasn't an adult. The girl proposed a game of tag, and the cream and sand patched colt nodded eagerly. 

Bittern wings shifted so Cera could look at them with puzzlement. He hadn't actually taken to the skies yet, but he used his wings for everything. It was going to be strange and a little difficult to go against that nature. Shrugging and nodding in acquiescence. "Nice to meet you too!" he chirped happily, the emotion transferring through his body in a show of stretched wings and pricked ears. Jade eyes watched her milky form curiously as she danced away from him, only to widen in realization and with a half laugh, half shout he jumped after her. Making sure to keep his wings only halfway uncurled, solely for the balance he didn't know how to live without. Gangly legs striking out as he lurched quickly for her, hoping to tag her before she could gather herself and run.
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

She cocked her head as he examined his wings and stretched them out. They confused her, they did. The concept of flying...well it was just so unbelievably unrealistic and for a moment she desired the gift of flight...what it must be like to take to the skies. She imagined it, but forced it from her mind after a few moments. She would never fly. A niggle of jealousy asserted itself in her mind, she would dwell on it later in life, but for now the friendship she was fostering was at the forefront of her thoughts.

"Too slow!" she giggled out as the colt lunged after her. She jumped out of the way, her movements only slightly less uncoordinated than the sand patched colt. Stumbling slightly in a drift, the pale filly found herself face down in the drift, inhaling snow.

"Burr!" she squealed as she struggled to her feet rapidly, hoping she had managed to evade Cera completely.

Just as the filly was entranced by his wings, the lanky colt was staring in awe at her spiraled horn. What would it be like to have that on his head? Did it have a use? It seemed like it would be rather in the way a lot. But it was beautiful and exotic and with the short attention span of his youth it was a rather attractive feature. He hadn't learned how to fly yet and didn't know the joy of taking to the skies, but he had seen the serene look that was always present whenever another Pegasus touched down back to earth in the Throat. Perhaps flying was better. He wouldn't know what to do without his wings.

Cera didn't mind that he hadn't gotten to her, laughing as he pushed with his wings to steady himself, forcefully reminding his brain not to use it as a speed advantage. Watching as she tumbled into the snow, exclaiming over its frigid contents. Having seen his chance as she'd fallen, the patchy colt sped forward, more of a bounding gait as it made traveling through the snow easier. Muzzle reaching out towards her as he drew close while she stood. "I will get you!" A playfully sworn promise, emerald eyes twinkling happily.
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

His muzzle lightly grazed her shoulder and she squealed in response.

"You got me!" Shrugging, she gave Cera time to bound away from her as she shook the snow from her creamy pelt. Her horn unbalanced her and she stumbled to her knees giggling. She picked herself up again and looked for Cera to chase after again. This game of tag was fun! She hadn't played with another foal in, well, ever. Bounding toward the young colt, the filly laughed at the glee of running through the snow and playing with Cera.

"You better run, Cera!" she called out, her voice ringing in the winter wonderland. She was a bit cold, the chill of winter starting to get to her, but she would worry about that later. Right now, she was focused on the sandy patched colt and with his wings. It was easy to spot him, of course, because he stuck out in the white snow, unlike herself.

A sense of accomplishment swept over him as Cera felt her hide beneath his muzzle. She squealed, admitting she had been tagged and it was Cera's turn to run. He quickly turned and with a tiny push of his wings that he quickly stopped, he fled over the whiteness, heels kicking up a little in joy. As she tumbled down again, the gentleman in him that grew with age tugged at him. Cera turned and started to go back to help her, but she popped back up unharmed. Her giggle chased after him and he spun back around, knowing the pattern of his caramel wings were obvious compared to her milky body.

As she called back after him, her voice enticed him to quicken his legs. Dodging a few trees. The cold was starting to seep in, becoming gradually more obvious as time passed, but youthful joy kept it miraculously at bay. "Come and get me!" Calling back to her in a playful taunt. She was drawing closer, and he rounded another tree with a giggle, the adrenaline of the chase and the simple fear of being tagged making his heart race and giving him a giddy feeling. Without the full use of his wings it was a fair game, and Cera knew she was bound to tag him back soon.
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

She chased him, dainty legs bounding over drifts and breaking through icy patches with careless abandon. She had nary a thought about hurting herself nor about anything but tagging the winged one before her. As she chased, she kept her eyes focused on those wings, for they stuck out most of all, like banners against the sky. Even through the haze that clouded her bad eye, she could somewhat make out the colt, however she was careful to not let her good eye close to blink snow out of her eyes for too long, lest she meet with a tree.

"Oh I will!" she whinnied in response to his taunt. She cleared a snow drift with easy, for in her veins ran the much diluted blood of a jumping horse. The adrenaline pumping in her veins sent her heart pounding in her head. Her breath exhaled in puffs of steam in the cool air. She was elated. Play time had never been so fun before.

Lunging, she attempted to get the young stallion with her muzzle, careful with the horn that she knew could accidentally prick the pegasus colt if she wasn't.

Ice had formed a barrier over the top of the snow, making it somewhat painful to break through it. Not all of the snow was affected, and Cera was having too much fun to notice the scratches on his legs, but it was there all the same. Normally Cera would have used his wings to avoid these spots anyways, but he had promised Wanyecha that he wouldn't use them to an unfair advantage.

A light feminine voice called back at him, much closer than the colt had expected. He didn't dare look behind him for fear of slipping or running into a tree, sure that he wouldn't be able to find the wraith in this perfectly matched world anyways. A soft but firm touch to his flank had him squealing in surprise and an explosion of adrenaline as his heart skipped a few beats. Legs tangling in what hadn't happened for a time, sending him sprawling into the snow, wings tucked in protectively. Laughing as he landed legs sprawled to the skies, wings half extended on either side. Skittering up and shaking himself, wings folding back in as Cera searched for the other youngling. "You got me!"
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

Gleefully, the filly giggled when the colt admitted to being tagged. Darting away, the pale filly made her way through the snow, using her pale coloration as an advantage. The light drifting of snow around her helped her blend in with her surroundings.

A particularly large drift rose before her and gathering her legs beneath her, she attempted to jump it. A lack of coordination, combined with the slick snow and ice led to disaster.

Whomp! The filly fell, face forward in the snow, her leg giving out beneath her. She cried out, her squeal piercing the air. As she struggled to her feet, she held her left foreleg painfully, wincing with each step.

"My leg hurts," she whimpered as she made her way toward Cera.

All that met his ears was a giggle as the tiny fae turned and dashed off. Cera laughed and ran after her, trying to keep his eyes on a form that flickered in and out of existence. The light played tricks on her coat and turned her almost invisible, blending into the snow like a wraith. It was hard to believe she was real at all.

What Cera did see was when she sprung up as high as she could, legs tucked neatly beneath her. The sky was visible beneath her and he was reassured to know she was still within sight. The landing he witnessed scared him, and her squeal of pain had him completely forgetting anything about wings. Eyes wide he snapped them out quickly and pushed them earthbound as he leaped forward. He was at her side just as she turned and limped towards him.

Caramel muzzle extended to soothingly touch her poll, wishing only to comfort. Big emerald eyes were worried and anxious as he lowered his head to inspect her leg. Not daring to touch it. "I'm sorry...I can get my herd healer?" Sidling up so they were side by side, draping a wing over her to shelter her from the cold like Midas did. Both of them were smaller than a normal horse and the cold was fierce when they weren't moving and playing- he didn't want her in an even worse condition. Being so close didn't seem strange to him, Cera was too young to know of all that. He was nervous and felt positively awful that Wanyecha had been hurt. She didn't smell of the Throat...did she have a home he could take her to? Could he even do it? He was still so young he only knew to call Midas or the healer he had briefly met, Onni.
Image by Alex

Unregistered

Wanyecha

The young filly felt his touch at her poll and relaxed a bit. Gingerly, gingerly, she placed her foot on the ground, wincing as it took her weight again and then placing more of her weight on it. It was not hurt so terribly, perhaps the shock and surprise had more to do with it than anything.

"I think I'm okay," she smiled bravely at the young stallion, "When I get home I'll go see my healer just to make sure. But I think it's okay for now. I don't know if I want to stay out in this snow." She frowned, "Do you think there's someplace to explore and get out of the wind and ice?" She glanced around...all she could see were drifts and such. Perhaps they could find someplace warm. The older filly glanced around. Perhaps.

"Come on. I think I remember someplace that I stayed with my second mom for awhile before she left."

Intensely worried emerald eyes surveyed her leg as it reached towards the earth, testing her weight as carefully as a butterfly alighting on a stilled muzzle. Switching only then to her face that was creased but did not seem to further itself into pain. Even with this comfort Cera didn't move from his stance, keen on watching her for any signs of pain.

Her smile was courageous for such a young filly, and Cera felt only a slight chip of his worry fade away. Knowing she had a healer at her home made him feel a little more comfortable. The snow was coming down hard now that he had time to actually notice it, and all play had vanished from his normally innocent face, leaving behind only worry. "Staying out here won't help..." Frowning at the snow as if it had caused this, which it had if you thought about it. Cera hadn't been in the Threshold that he could remember, his nights and days had all been loneliness and adventuring until Midas. But Wanyecha seemed to know a place and he nodded to say he would follow.

The word mom caught his ears and though he was terribly curious, he didn't ask of it yet. What was important now was getting her to the place she spoke of and letting her rest. Though his innocent little face was crinkled and worried, he lifted his wing from her back to instead shield them both so that they could walk. It wasn't going to be easy keeping them up like that the entire time but he only wanted to help. "Alright. Maybe I should go with you home after we find it...I no want you alone..." Worriedly twitching his muzzle, knowing it wouldn't be easy for her to make the trek alone with her ankle. Boundaries and herds didn't matter to him at this age. After all what did he know about it? Helping Wanyecha was his only purpose at the moment. Pushing forward through the snow and staying close in case he needed to offer her a shoulder. Outside he was calm but worried, but inside he was scared. What if he was doing something wrong? What if he did something and ended up hurting her worse?
Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
After returning from an afternoon of patrolling and welcoming a recent newcomer into their home, Midas did the fatherly thing to do and sought out Cera. He checked their usual spots firstly, finding them empty the general grew frustrated with worry for his youngling.

Snow was starting to fall in large, wet clumps; each slice of frozen water masked scent and hoof prints that might have lead him on a good day. Winged appendages took liberty to open, limbs struck earth for only a moment before damp frame ignited into a grey colored sky; orbs grazed a fading landscape—searching for the unmistakable frame of a smallish colt. Heart only began to pound with heartsick dread when he had circled the area thrice and again came up empty.

“Cera!” he bellowed, wings angled to dip and lower body toward earth. Nothing. Each mighty beat sent up frost and fresh snow, he glided at a leveled stance across frozen sand before twisting to heavens again. There was dozens of other places his child might be, Midas made quick choice to start at the closest. Thistle Meadow. Deep Forest. He searched in vain now. Heart thundered behind sliced ears, wings tips felt more and more like ice with each passing second, “Cera!” the father called, desperate now. Threshold had just started to come into view. Trees fell away to reveal a more open landscape.

OOC: Now looked like a good time to escort Cera home <'3 Hope you don't mind me joining in; if so don't hesitate to tell me and I'll remove this ^^;

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

[[ooc: I don't know when domby will be back on so skipping for now since it has been a few days~]]

It was getting darker by the minute. Days had shortened during the fierce Frostfall, and Cera started to feel the pull that dragged him home normally much sooner than this. Caught between wanting to make sure Wanyecha was okay and running to greet Midas from his duties. But he knew the right thing to do was stay with the filly. She was hurt after all and Cera couldn't ever leave her like that.

Shelter was found but imperfect. Cera kept his wings aloft to help keep the snow off her. His shoulders and wing muscles ached painfully making him want to whinper but he remained quiet. This was for Wanyecha. He worried for her, she had already become a dear friend to him. Their blood didn't bother him, the horned and wingless girl was funny and endearing and he was delighted to have a new friend. Disappointed that she wasn't from the Throat.

A noise from the distance had both ears flickering up and turning like dials. Something achingly familiar struck him and the tiny colt waited, trembling with anticipation for it to come again. Surely enough it did but much closer. His name, being called out by his father. Sounding panicked and desperate. Worried, little heart beating nervously, Cera excused himself breathlessly and jumped out from their cover, emerald eyes searching the skies.

He had not yet learned to fly and couldn't take to the sky to find his father. "Daddy! Daddy!" Whinnying as loudly as he could, thin forelegs pulling off the earth as his form came into view, spinning slightly on his hind legs. Prancing to the closest open spot in the trees so that Midas could spot him. Turning to Wanyecha and smiling brightly. "Wanyecha! Come meet my daddy!" Unable to beckon her with his wings that drooped painfully.
Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Woe to the creature that dared removed his son from their territory. Midas would shred them asunder and wipe clean their blemished hide from the face of this globe…these of course where the overly exasperated ideals of a worried father. It was so like a loving parent to fear only the worst possible things, and considering present evidence—our general didn’t feel far off. He knew full well that vengeful edge members lurked about; those people wouldn’t take second judgment in shredding the head from a young throatier body.

Molars and premolars ground together until a spark of pain ignited. Nerve endings had begun to lose feeling, but still he pressed onward. “Please,” he whispered above the wind into the heavens. Not again. "Daddy! Daddy!" Heart skipped, then raced—bottomless eyes frantically searched for the shrilling voice that he so knew well. There! Soul cried out in relief as the pale pelted boy came into sight from under cover of brush. Midas flew over him, whickering out encouragement and foremost joy. Snow pelted his body with little pin needle prongs, sun kissed feathers angled toward landing with limbs outreaching to embrace newly fallen snow.

Once upon the ground, father came to his little cherubs quivering side. Aware of the intense cold, and using feathers as a cover to shield them from onslaught snow Midas said earnestly, “You had me searching high and low,” mixed emotions trailed, lowering face to touch the creamy jaw he added, “We have to go home now.” His thoughts were on Cera, leaving mind absent notice to gangly filly that lay hidden behind bush. Midas didn’t see reason for scolding the lad, it simply wouldn’t do any good—and youth would be youth. But, when they returned home he would make his child more aware of lurking dangers.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]