the Rift

[PRIVATE] Remind Me Of The Babe

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Extricating themselves from the situation sparked by Eredhes’ fickle nature had not been hard, thanks to Voodoo’s defense. So when the dark stallion agreed to follow Ashamin and learn more about the Unbound, the Clovenheart could not have been more thrilled. Many trips to the threshold turned sour, but it was rare that they ever salvaged themselves afterward.

Thankful for the opportunity to speak more with the stallion who had displayed such manners, Ashamin had suggested they move towards the Thistle Meadow. Since the red-mouthed stag did not seem to be new to these lands, Ashamin moved quicker than he might have with others, and did not stop to explain the scenery and landmarks that they passed. Lochan and Rakt were thankful for the quickened pace, and followed in perfect suit. As Cerndyr they were quite suited to bounding through woods and fields, and when the group finally found their way to the Thistle Meadow it was hard for Ashamin to calm them into stillness. In time, however, the two settled down and focused on grazing, for the grass in the meadow was lush. Small rodents ran through the scene too, and surely enough to keep Ouija occupied. If those weren’t to her liking, the river Ashamin stopped beside was full of small fish.

"I appreciate your giving me a chance to show you how the Unbound lives, stranger," Ashamin said to the stallion with a smile before bending down to take a sip from the edge of the river. When he lifted his features his gaze was focused but full of bright thanks; he would not soon forget how the stranger had defended him. He waved his long tail behind him before speaking, letting it wind as if caught in the cool breeze that swept away some of Tallsun’s heat. "I brought you here in the hopes that other members of our group might find us, for we often frequent this meadow. But in the meantime, do you have any questions for me?"

""
ASHAMIN
The Clovenheart
image credits

I kept missing you online, but here's a thread for Voodoo to learn more about The Unbound and join if he wants! Let me know if you need me to change any of the stuff I wrote about in between the threshold and here.

There's some interest from Unbound members wanting to join in and help explain how things all work/meet Voodoo, so if you're open to that you should go ahead and tag Gemini and Phantom (who wanted to join) and/or any other unbound members you might want to meet. :)

You can find all our members and more info about us here. Very excited to thread with @Voodoo!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

VOODOO && OUIJA
i'm so happy 'cause today i found my friends
they're in my head

Moving in a small herd, Ouija trotted along eagerly at your feet, watching the deer as they glided with ease through the trees. She tried to copy their long legs, picking up high as they stepped and taking longer strides, but her short little legs struggled to maintain a certain speed if it was anything besides her hurried walk. Her little browned toes found themselves missing a step as she struggled to move more elegantly, resulting in a stumble and some swearing between your bond. Even though you didn't like hearing the fox use dirty language, you had found it was better off to ignore it than to scold her.. after all, she is a teenager, and what do teenagers do better than try to rebel against your word? Not much, that's what.

"I appreciate your giving me a chance to show you how the Unbound lives, stranger." Ashamin offered, the group finally settling beside the stream. You nodded in response, dull eyes sweeping over the meadow before finally resting on your acquaintance. "I'd love to see how your.. family, lives." between the stutter your lips form into an easy, relaxed grin. Casually, you move your body around to face Ashamin, dual toned ears rotating as you listened to everything around you. It had been a while since you and Ouija had visited the meadows. We flipped through memories, presenting the image of half-frozen, browned thistles and wilted grass after a hard freeze.

A cool breeze brought your focus back to the present after the split second of floating into your mind and Ashamin continued. "I brought you here in the hopes that other members of our group might find us, for we often frequent this meadow. But in the meantime, do you have any questions for me?" Do you have any questions? You blinked, unsure. Of course you had questions, but most of them could easily be answered in casual conversation, surely. Ouija plodded away from the group, some rustling grass nabbing her attention quickly. "Uhm.. yes. What made your family, come together?" you wondered out loud, one ear pressing forward to show that you were indeed interested.

"Oh, and I'm Voodoo. That's Ouija." Rude, it had taken you too long to introduce yourself. A faux bloodied snout pointed into the direction of where the sun-browned fox had pranced off to.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'

@Ashamin @Gemini @Phantom
Ooc: I'd love for anyone to join whenever they'd like! c: He's timid, but he actually really likes meeting new people!

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Ashamin’s companions were more focused on the sweet relief of water than anything else, but at their bonded’s insistence they at last gave the small brown fox the attention it had perhaps sought. The creature’s tripping had not gone unnoticed, and now that they were all settled and no longer on the move, the two cerndyr approached the creature with heads lowered and eyes warm and welcoming. Lochan extended his nose thoughtfully to the fox while Rakt lifted and lowered his forelegs repeatedly, as if to teach the littler creature how he walked with such grace. Though the boundaries of their species would always leave them with differences, Ashamin was thankful to see his two bonded brothers making an effort.

He only watched his companions for a moment before turning back to the stranger, whose voice seemed less hesitant now that they weren’t surrounded by the threshold’s hubbub. The Clovenheart’s large ears were erect, and he listened to the question with care. The blood-mouthed seemed as if he was looking forward to speaking more about the Unbound, and for that Ashamin was grateful. This was not just any other threshold encounter.

His smile widened when he was presented with the stallion’s name: Voodoo. He remembered the fox’s calling from when it had been revealed in the threshold, but he was thankful now to have something he could call them both. "Well, Voodoo, I can’t say it’s been the same for everyone. Many join The Unbound after first arriving in Helovia and being aided by one of our members in learning the lay of the land, but others have left their herds in search of a more independent life. But regardless of how we come together, we all share a loyalty for each other and a desire to teach and defend each other as we navigate life in the wilderness," Ashamin explained, looking once more at his companions as they demonstrated just that.

"We stand up for each other, just as you did for me. Whatever motivated you to defend me in the threshold, well, that’s why we have banded together." And that was true, though Ashamin might not have been so good at describing it. Maybe it wasn’t a quality that could be named, but it was certainly one that could be recognized.

""
ASHAMIN
The Clovenheart
image credits

@Gemini. will be joining us at some point but I went ahead and tagged you @Voodoo, so as not to hold this up, we should keep going for now!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead