the Rift

The Runaway

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia's foolish shattered heart could take no more.
Being in her homeland was like a personal hell for Sabia, seeing the same trees and the same rock overhangs where she took old lover's hurt something deep inside of her. Not only was it about the old heartbreaks it was about her family, she was disowned. Sabia had tried to go back once, believe her she tried, and when she landed in the middle of her herd to great her mother she was attacked by the ones who raised her. That, Sabia had thought is where the heavyness in my chest started, where I began those dark thoughts. Where I started looking down while high in the air and realising if I stopped flapping my wings I could drop to my death...and that would be the end no more pain.

Of course Sabia did not let herself drop to her death, the mare had decided to give herself one last chance at a life. Sabia turned her back to her homeland and headed to a new place where she hoped life would be better for her maybe that heaviness in her chest would leave, and maybe she would feel welcome in a group and not constantly alone. Maybe Sabia could find love. The last one sounded far fetched to Sabia but there was something in her she felt, something foreign to her, it was hope.

After a few days of what seemed like endless flying Sabia came upon a forest and landed (well not land more like stumbled) it was very humid but staying under the shade of the trees helped the mare cool down. Although it was a new place Sabia already felt more welcomed and safe than in her homeland, maybe she would stay here and see what there was to see. Deciding to take a quick nap Sabia settled down under the shade of a tree and closed her eyes, she found it was troubling to sleep but laying here was also relaxing for the new mare. Sabia lay there and took in her new home.
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

For many weeks (ones without beginning or end) Essetia had spent time nurturing her growing children. The sun had risen repeatedly, day after day, and fallen far too soon— a plethora of hours and minutes that had somehow become the bane of the spy’s existence. She no longer knew her talents or her joys, her desires or dreams, as they were intermingled with that of her son… and her daughter. The surprise and the shock of becoming a new mother had been doubled and most certainly a burden that Essetia hadn’t been expecting. Since then she had lost track of both her sleeping and waking hours; everything was suddenly infinite and unending. Her worries and her expectations were no longer so far reaching and now so utterly mundane. Did becoming a mother ensure that she would never exceed the current plane of her existence? Somehow the idea was maddening—dismal.

Perhaps that was why she had abandoned the blazing heat of the desert. The dunes had stopped rolling and the oasis had become a mere mirage… Everything about the Throat was somehow blending into the spy’s overwhelming distress and discomfort. She needed (more than anything) to escape the mounting monotony of motherhood in exchange for something else, even if it was routine or, god forbid,boring. It took a great deal of time to decide upon such an action however—she still had children to attend to after all.

That was where Romul came in, despite his urgent refusals to abide by his bonded’s pleading commands. The wolf had done more for the almost-retired spy in the past few weeks than he’d been capable of doing in the entirety of their time together… Essetia knew that and yet couldn’t quite find the caring enough to ignore her need to do something other than be a mother.

The Threshold was and had always been a humdrum chore to all who belonged to any of the four main lands, but it appeared more a delight to Essetia than ever before. The forest was earthy and damp, a heady mixture that the mare had missed, and brambles and thickets that had once snagged and pulled now brushed and tickled. The tops of the trees seemed much taller now, a fortress of dried and dying leaves that would ultimately shed in time for the coming winter. Yet, everything was not as she’d remembered… it was much more than that.

As the spy wandered, her hooves mindlessly trailing familiar walks, she inhaled the woody scent of the very place she’d only just remembered to detest. The presence of others new and old still clung to the aging trunks of nearby oaks and pines. However, the shady glade was far from lonely as far as Essetia could guess and it didn’t take her long to prove the sentiment true.

When the lax outline of cream colored Pegasus became more evident beneath the thick shade of an old and staggering oak tree, Essetia silently longed for the reassurance of Romul by her side. She knew all too well the void of her missing companion, but drew closer without pause, her lips shuddering around a breathy greeting. “You must’ve come a long way,” she commented upon approach. The girl’s eyes were a cornflower blue, light and seemingly unassuming. Intertwined with the cream of her coat was a soft tawny brown that tipped her second and primary feathering as well. In all, she appeared a soft creature, though it wouldn’t be the first time that the spy had guessed wrong. “I’m Essetia and it looks like you’ve managed to find yourself within the parameters of Helovia,” Essetia began, rehearsed. “Welcome.

essetia
@Sabia

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Outcast
Mouse

Sabia
She was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her.

In the time Sabia had been laying under the old oak she had fallen into a light doze. Something as simple as this was more relaxing to the mare than being in her homeland, so needless to say Sabia took advantage of this. In her doze she could faintly hear the noises of animals, the rose grey mare assumed if both her ears were functional she would hear their melodies more easily. Sabia however accepted what was and listened to the birds in the trees calling to others in thousands of different ways, so at home in these woods.

It was then, as Sabia relaxed under the oak she heard the faintest sound of a voice. The mare shot up from her spot on the ground and then stumbled over one of the roots firmly rooted into the dirt.

Once Sabia righted herself and stood on firm hooves she looked to the voice that greeted her. The mare was immediately grateful that it was a mare that had come across her and not a stallion, a rather beautiful mare to add. Never had Sabia seen a horse with a coat like her, back in Sabia's homeland the horses all had lighter coats. To say in simple terms, a horse like the one before her was completely foreign to her.

Noting that she was staring Sabia stammered to speak. "S-sorry...what was that?" Sabia turned her head so that her functional ear was facing the other mare. "I uh....can't hear from the other ear" she said a little embarrassed, the first horse you meet and you have to make yourself look stupid by admitting you can't hear correct...classic thought Sabia.

@Essetia
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

It hadn’t been the spy’s intention to startle her guest, but Essetia couldn’t help the shaky laugh that followed her surprise entrance. It had been too long since she’d been able to study the soft creases around another’s eyes as they in turn studied her. It had been even longer since she’d discovered the growing spark for mischief she’d somehow lost during childbirth. That return to form was more endearing to her than the prospect of recruiting, despite her previous intents.

As the spy's dove-grey companion recovered herself, shifting and scrambling to resume her footing, Essetia was content enough to look on rather amicably. Not many possessed the power of grace when presented a fearful situation (though the spy hardly considered herself frightening) and it was no wonder, considering Essetia had approached a dozing, flighty creature. It was in their nature after all.

With more confidence than before, the bay pressed forward until the Pegasus could clearly see the white of her eyes and the darkening around her muzzle. Perhaps a good view of her visitor’s face would give the grey mare a little comfort…

It wasn’t until the stranger announced her condition that Essetia understood more fully the extent of her alarm. “I see,” she responded without change. “We all have our vices, no?

In the awkward silence that followed, Essetia again longed for Romul and his commentary. She couldn’t quite shed her mothering tendencies to allow for the social reform it would take to command a conversation just yet. “Do you have business here in Helovia?” she questioned rather formally. She’d forgotten her own carefree charisma and girlish charm—would such an attitude ever return?

essetia
@Sabia

Outcast
Mouse

Sabia

Never before had she seen another horse take that part of a conversation so well. It seemed when Sabia spoke of her troubled ear the horse seemed uncomfortable, often seeking the expected reply of 'I'm sorry' when their eyes really said 'better you than me.' Even the laugh! Sabia assumed it was because of her ungraceful self but it felt welcoming and put Sabia at easy.

"I suppose in a way...yes we are all troubled" Sabia spoke choosing each word carefully as to not upset the other mare.

There was a long pause that seemed uncomfortable to both mares, Sabia thought of saying something but the other mare beat her to it. "Helovia..." Sabia tried the word on her tongue, "no I have no business here I was just looking for a place to call home...am I intruding?" The thought of being in another horse's land made her feel paniced, not to mention she was sleeping in it.

Sabia thought that maybe if she introduced herself she would not be seen as someone who would try to take over a land. "I am Sabia" she said in her quiet tone, Sabia even dipped her head as a greeting.

@Essetia
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

If Essetia had been paying attention, she might have noticed Sabia’s anxiety concerning her disability. However, the spy was less worried about the ear and more interested in the fact that the Pegasus was in need of refuge. She didn’t imagine that the Dragon’s Throat would be a hard sell, but she still intended to revisit one of the Helovian spiels she’d predesignated for the Threshold so long ago. “It’s good to meet you Sabia and, again, welcome to Helovia.

You’re certainly not intruding— just the opposite in fact. This happens to be the Threshold and most newcomers stop through before deciding upon joining one –or none—of the four herds located here,” Essetia began shortly after. She still felt somehow hung up on what she’d left behind in the South, but her own ability to wrap this up quickly would allow her even quicker passage back to her family and Romul. “I hail from the Dragon’s Throat in the South. It’s something of a desert oasis and most certainly one of the most secluded—we’re an island after all. To the North is the Aurora Basin, to the West, the World’s Edge, and to the East is the Hidden Falls. They’re all perfectly acceptable places to call home if you’re in the market, but of course you’re also welcome to remain an Outcast if you’re not convinced.

The bay shuffled around, situating her numbed hooves, before fixing the silver stranger a determined and hardened glare. “You’re welcome to choose your own path, but I’ve come a long way and I’d like nothing more than for you to call the Throat your home. We’re a family of warriors and friends, just as close-knit as family, and equally as committed to protecting one another,” Essetia confessed with fervor.

So Sabia, what do you say? Are you willing to take a risk on us?

essetia
@Sabia

Outcast
Mouse

Sabia

Helovia, Sabia was happy to know where she was now but the name did not sound familiar to the mare. Sabia was even happier to find out she was not intruding and that other horses usually came through here. The mare’s ears perked at the mention of joining a new herd that would be a step in the right direction for her, Sabia wanted to question further about the herds but it seemed the mare was going to tell her anyways. Sabia stood quietly intrigued as Essetia began telling her of the herds, or her option of staying an outcast.

The Dragon’s Throat sounded like a great place for Sabia, an island but full of horses who cared for each other according to Essetia. The question hung in the air for a few seconds while Sabia thought, if she joined the Dragon’s Throat she could not just leave if she wanted to. They would become her family and this time she would never leave her family.

“Yes, I will join the Dragon’s Throat.”

@Essetia
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!