the Rift

[OPEN] All the footprints you've ever left.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
I am used to the heat.
Therefore, the oppressive sun of the summer does not much affect me.  Sweat clings to my build, along with dirt and grime from my travels.  The bandage carefully applied by the rather pointed stallion named Seanan remains upon my shoulder, as if applied by magic instead of some homemade poultice remedy.  The large leaves cover the gash which plagues my side, and his washing of my wound left little remanants of dried blood on my white leg.

With the infection in my body steadily receding, my fevers have disappeared, and with them, she has left me once more.  While my conscious brain is very relieved I am no longer seeing ghosts, something in my heart lurches in her absence, like an old reflex that refuses to die.  I am better off forgetting her.  Leaving her silent in her grave in my memory.
She would be better off without ever having met me.

You can still tell, if you look close enough, that I had basically bathed myself in my own lifeblood.  It's not as apparent, and the stench of rot no longer radiates from my body like a corpse.  Instead, I simply look like a dirty miscreant.
Which, I suppose, is an accurate enough description of me.

After I left the side of Seanan and Ashamin, I traveled south for a while, following the water of the strange crimson river, finding myself in a strange forest plagued by a maze of pathways that make little sense.  I assume during a more moist season, the greenery here would be quiet impressive and enough to block visions through the strange compartmentalized areas of the swampy land.  Instead, I can see through the stalk-like trees, see the dried grasses amid the waters.

A great boon, I think, that the raging fires of the sun have robbed this land of such potential to be a nuisance.
A smirk draws a thin line on my face as I think this, but my luck almost always runs thin all too quickly.  I am sure, as soon as I begin to feel quite pleased with myself, life would come out of the woods and bite me in the ass... and I do not mean that figuratively.  I do expect something to literally bite me in the ass.

""

ooc -- For @Tandavi
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com