the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surfin' Safari

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

Having a companion was a lot of work. Murtagh loved it, of course, but it was crazy! First there was the whole getting used to having someone in your brain thing - that was like, super weird. And he was never really alone now! Which was pretty great…

Okay, so maybe it wasn’t all that much work.

It was mostly a lot of fun

With Mammina not feeling well, Murtagh had lost one of his most reliable playmates. Which would have REALLY sucked if Sorellina wasn’t around. His bear cub was always up to play whenever he was. Unless he was hungry, but that was okay too because they were usually hungry at the same time!

Soon Lakota would be feeling better and everything would be just perfect again, right?

Unfortunately, the dreaded Tallsun weather was back and putting a serious damper on Murtagh’s perfect life! How could he possibly enjoy himself when it felt like every inch of him was sweating? Parts that he didn’t even know could sweat were just dripping!

At least he was allowed to swim now. Or, well, actually… he might have forgotten to check and see whether he was allowed to swim without supervision now. He was pretty sure it was alright. He was a year and a half now and that meant he was practically all grown up!. He was no longer a baby. Besides, his mothers couldn’t really deny him a cool dip on these disgusting, hot days - right?

While he had waded into the pond until the water was at his chest, his companion did not seem convinced that it was safe. She was standing on the edge of the pond with her front paws in the water and nothing else.

“Sorellina!” He called out to her. “Come on in!” She was probably just roasting in that fur coat of hers but still she did not budge. Instead she growled unhappily from her spot, sad to be parted from Murtagh. The colt responded with a growl of his own and a bright smile to match. He had been practicing the noises of his bear family and was slowly getting the hang of it.

Luckily, Sorellina knew he was trying to be encouraging despite the terrible sounds that were bear growls mimicked by a horse. Still, she stubbornly shook her head and wailed another sad note before sitting down on the soft grass of the shore.

It would seem that they finally found something that they would not do together!

forever isn't long enough
when I'm with you

@Ranjiri <3
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

I was still getting used to the change of scenery. I wasn't used to there being so much grass and so many trees, so much shade, so much fresh water ... It wasn't like I'd never lived in a place like the Falls before, I'd lived there when it was the Foothills and Momma was the chieftess. I'd just been living in the Throat for so long that I'd gotten used to the crunch of sand under my hooves, the way it shifted, the scorching heat, the smell of salt air and sound of the waives as the lapped at the shores of the desert. I missed it, but I was also kinda excited now about starting a new chapter in my life.

I'd been living in the Falls for a few days, but I hadn't found Momma or Murtagh yet to tell them that I was there, though I was fairly certain Momma already knew considering Bear was walking next to me. The last time I'd walked through these hills with him at my side I had been a filly and now I was full grown and had responsibilities that included crafting for the herd. We were just wandering together so I could get to know the landscape better. It was different, but it was not so different that it failed bring back memories. I had played many games of tag and hide and seek with Cera on these hills...

It was pure accident and Bear's insistence that I finally found Murtagh. I'd had no intention of going to the water, but he'd seen something and was pushing against my legs to move me in that direction. "Bear, stop!" I said, but he kept pushing against me until I finally gave up and moved in the direction he wanted me to go. As we walked up all I noticed at first was the bear standing with its front paws in the water, which was strange. I thought bears loved water. Then I saw Murtagh and I grinned.

"Hey!" I called out as I walked toward the pool. It certainly looked refreshing considering the heat. Bear moved toward the other bear and nudged her as if encouraging her to go into the water. The water didn't seem to be too terribly deep, considering how far Murtagh had waded in, so I followed suit. The water felt wonderful against my legs and I laughed a little as I waded toward Murtagh. "Guess what."

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

Murtagh’s attention was quickly diverted away from his own bear cub and toward the sound of some bigger forms approaching. Never having learned fear, he waited with anticipation to see what new or old friends were going to come in for a swim today. But, luckily for him, it was neither old or new friends because it was actually family. The smile that lit up Murtagh’s lavender eyes was like  no other upon recognizing the two forms. “SIS!” He called back to her cheerfully and soon after another shout: Mama!!”

A whinny of delight punctuated these greetings as the colt bucked in the shallow water before prancing through it - leaving no shortage of splashes in his wake - to first greet the mare who had waded in towards him and then the bear. He could hardly not go over and say hello to her, she was his mama after all! It would be rude not to and he had far too many bear and mare parents to get away with being rude.

In another flash of spraying water he was back into the pond with a burst of laughter - not brought up by any joke but the sheer joy that the young colt felt in this moment. Little pieces of his family were with him and that was alright by him!

Sorellina grumbled sadly to Eytan’s encouragements to get her into the water, remaining where she stubbornly sat. Even though the two horses were now in the pond and she trusted her bonded, she wasn't sure she trusted herself or the pond. Murtagh would be dry within moments after emerging but she'd be a sopping wet mess for the rest of the day, if she ever made it out.

After frowning at his companion for fourth time today, Murtagh’s attention finally returned to Ranjiri and he calmed down long enough to be enticed by her ‘guess what’. “What?!”

forever isn't long enough
when I'm with you

@Ranjiri
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3