the Rift

[OPEN] Knick Knack Paddy Whack

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The heat of the day beat down upon the young stallion as he glided carefully back into the Falls making sure not to hit any trees or anything of the sort. He was still not one hundred percent when it came to flying but he had gotten so much better at it once he managed to figure out how to get off the ground. It was difficult growing up without his dad there to teach him but thanks to Kaj and Cirrus he had managed to pick up the basics without too much difficulty. Granted he only learned this stuff a few months ago when most other pegasus he had met had been flying long before he had. Mother had done her best to help him from the ground but it had really been those extra lessons that had paid off in the long run. Shaking his head to clear away the long tendrils of his forelock from his eyes he paused to look around and see if there was anyone nearby. Spotting nobody for as far as the eye could see he set forward carefully folding his golden wings along his sides on his search for a mare by the name of Ranjiri.

Throwing in a playful buck in a show of his excitement the brindled stallion could barely contain himself. Just prior to arriving here in the Falls he had spoken to his mother and had gotten the news of the century. Two new Mason's had just been appointed and he was one of them! He had been absolutely thrilled by the news just to think that anyone would think of him to take on such a daunting task. Sure he had helped mother out when she had been the herd's Mason but in reality he hadn't done too much with crafting. This was the reason he was trying to hunt down Ranjiri, to try and get a handle on what all he had to do. He had big hooves to fill and he didn't want to disappoint anyone by screwing up on his very first project. Mother had said that this other mare had experience crafting so she was the perfect one to ask without having to drill his mother for everything that she knew. He wanted to feel grown up and this was the responsibility that would prove it, no matter what he could not fail or he would be back to square one.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Ranjiri  •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

There were so many things that needed to be done and I didn't even know where to begin. I had ideas on things that we could build in the Falls, but I didn't even know who to talk to besides Brisa and Uncle Archi. Compared to the Throat there was relatively little in the way of things being built in the Falls. I'd passed some prison cells and a healer's hut, but that was pretty much it. There was something that was halfway built, I think it was the sensory deprivation room, if I remembered the brief descriptions of the things that I'd been given. It was actually a little disappointing that there was so little going on. I wasn't used to such a laid back herd, in the Throat everyone had a job to do and they got it done. 

Here ... not so much.

I was standing under the shade of one of the trees, looking out over all of the empty land as I mulled over everything we could build in my head. We could build temple for the Earth God and a place for the storyteller to ... tell stories, I guess. Maybe an arena for the warriors to meet and spar in, another small building for the healers to use as dry storage for their herbs, a fireplace of sorts that  we could use to keep warm during the winter ... the ideas kept coming and it was frustrated because I didn't know where to start. I didn't even know if I could start without having permission from someone.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the rustle of feathers as someone flew over the tree I was standing under. My gaze lifted from the rolling hills toward the sky and I watched as a pegasus landed further down the hill away from me. The way he bucked and ran around it was obvious that he was excited about something and I couldn't help but wonder what it was. Besides that, I also still needed to meet the others horses in the herd. There was no point in me not trotting down to introduce myself to him, so that's what I did. I left the shade of my tree and made my way over to the bucking, running, playful stallion. "Hello!" I called out to him. "I'm Ranjiri ... I'm new here. Who are you?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Aeolus

aud pixel!