the Rift

Topic: Let's Try This Again....(Open) from proboards

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
After the shades had attacked Isilme she ran away with this stallion by the name of Torasin. Along the way she somehow got separated from him (that's what you get when you stop and smell the roses) and ended up stumbling around for a while trying once more to figure out where she should go.

Along the way she remembered hearing of this other land that wasn't far from the land that she was once at and decided to try to find it.

After a few months of just wondering around and taking her time she finally stumbled upon this place that was kinda familiar...this...wooded area that was akin to the place that was known as the gateway back in Isilme. And now she looked around for someone to talk to...anyone...

Hidden Account
Nogard
Gossamer flitted through the trees, galloping silently, her beauty a beacon in the daylight. Her regal pearlescent form slowed to a walk as she scented a mare on the wind. Not long after a thought wisp floated to her on the wind. Slightly confused but nothing different from any other newcomer.

She walked around a tree, long filaments of mane and tail beaming in the sun, the blue mark of virtue upon her right shoulder. Her expression was royal, wise, elegant, and kind. She greeted the newcomer, her voice calm and soothing, Greetings traveler, I am Gossamer the Benevolent, Chieftess of the Windtossed Foothills. How fares thee today?

Hidden Account
Nogard

<style=font-family: times; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0px; font-size: 30px; color: #ffe35e;>Torasin</style><style=font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 5px; text-align:justify; width: 500px; line-height: 8px; color: #ffe35e;>

The English Man

</style>
<style=border: #7c7c7c 2px solid; padding: 0px; width: 500px; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size: 9px; background-color: #060607; color:#848484;>http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8618/tortable.png
Torasin looked puzzled at Query for a moment, surely she would recognize him. Different? Tor's eyes widened in surprise as he finally caught onto what she meant. The stallion had forgotten all about his once 'strange' colouring and of course, Query was the last equine to see him in that state. Her confusion now made sense to the golden stallion, "you mean I'm no longer stars and ocean. I'm not sure what happened, I left Isilme and my coat turned back to the way it was. Maybe it only had effect in that particular land" he suddenly wondered if Adele had kept her mad colours or if the effects had worn off her too.

The other mare spoke then and Torasin listened as she introduced herself. Benevolent? The stallion stared in awe at the mare, she had such grace that almost made him bow to one knee and her eloquence was music in his ears. He beamed at her "honored to meet you Gossamer the Benevolent." The paint dipped his head into a swooping curve which demonstrated the most honest of courtesies. My Herd? She must be a leader he looked at the white mare curiously "what is your herd like? If I'm not being too bold milady".

A familiar scent played about his nostrils and a new sound bounced in his lobes, Tor flung his head in the air his green eyes beaming. Mirage was here. She seemed to know Gossamer already and Torasin noted she was meeting people of late that he didn't know, maybe he should follow her around more. The black mare always seemed to attract the oddest of mammals. He looked adoringly at her before responding to her greeting "why good evenin' ma'am!" he chimed.
</style>
<style=margin-top: -10px; font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 9px; text-align:center; color:#687170; letter-spacing:1px;>
Tagged: xxx.
</style>

Hidden Account
Nogard
A scent caught her attention, so she turned and caught sight of this gorgeously beautiful mare. She stared in amazement for a bit at just the sheer beauty of this mare.

"...Wha...oh, sorry, I just got lost in your beauty there for a bit. I'm Query, and well, honestly I've been better. The land that I had just started to get settled in got over ran and it's inhabitants were chased out. And I had followed this fellow out of the lands up until I lost track of him..."

As she was in the middle of telling her story she caught a whiff of a slightly familiar scent. Where did she know this scent from....? It was weird, this stallion knowing who she was, but her not really having a clue. Then when he introduced himself to the fellow mare it clicked.

"OH!!! You're Torasin...I'm so sorry. You look so....different now...what happened?"

Hidden Account
Nogard

<style=font-family: times; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -2px; font-size: 30px; color: white;>Mirage</style><style=font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align:justify; width: 500px; line-height: 8px; color: #white;>

Mare : Akaith - Golden Dragon : Equine

</style>
<style=border:gray 1px solid; padding: 0px; width: 500px; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size: 9px; background-color: black; color:gray;>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/L...94b79b.jpg
The shadowy mare trailed after her friend, always her golden gaze followed the golden hide of her treasured Torasin. It was true, she cared for him very much, the magnitude of her feelings growing richer every moment she spent with him. But the mare was conflicted, by things she barely understood. Her golden dragon friend was preoccupied at this moment, frolicking with wild dragons or otherwise distracting herself. Their connection always lingered, but it was less prominent when the dragon was off being, well, a dragon. Her illusionary magic shimmered over her bodice, and her movements were as silent as a shadow passing over the lands. She smiled to herself as the scent of Gossamer also tingled the tips of her nostrils – it was understandable for the mare to be in the Threshold, recruiting members for her herd. But perhaps that was another reason for Mirage to be here, to offer another path, that of a wanderer – or maybe, something more.

The mare before them was as pale as Mirage was dark – excluding the marking upon her façade. A low whicker came from the apparition that stood upon the outskirts of the little gathering, before the illusion dropped and the mare walked before the group. Bumping her chin to her chest as a greeting to Gossamer, she allowed a small smile to curve her lips to Torasin, wondering silently what the mare meant by him looking different, before her golden gaze peered warmly at the mare before them, Query she said her name was. “Evening,” The mare spoke in tones that were neither overly welcoming but nor were they nasty and meant to scare her away. Mirage did not intone emotion through her voice often, and her expression was guarded. She enjoyed providing a blank slate to others, and enjoyed reading how others saw her, despite her always providing the same blank exterior. “It sounds like you have been on quite a journey.”
</style>

Hidden Account
Nogard
The mare before her reacted with awe, something that greatly intrigued Gossamer, for she knew she was still beautiful through her age, but not many had ever stared at her with such great intrigue. The pearlescent mare smiled at the new comer and listened as she told of her lost homeland, Isilme, the common thread which seemed to unite a majority of those who had been showing up in the threshold lately. "I am saddened to hear of your homelands demise, if it was a land called Isilme that used to be my home as well before I came here, fleeing all the wars." Then another entered the scene just as Query was about to explain her story in greater depth. He was golden and ivory, a stallion her filly would positively love, and had the manners of a king.

He was knightly and introduced himself with grace. Warmed by the unusual kindness of a stallion she replied in her kind, musical voice, "I don't believe we've met either. Greetings to you as well, knightly Torasin. I am Gossamer the Benevolent of the Windtossed Foothills." as she dipped her head regally to him. She then turned back to Query and spoke in a sagely voice, "Well Query, you are welcome to join my herd and rest your travel- weary feet if you wish."

By then she had opened her mind to any outer-flowing thoughts, not daring to delve in to anyone's here as they seemed not to be of the evil sort. Briefly, she was caught by a tendril whiff of those shifty, deep thoughts she had come to recognize so well. You see, Gossamer was not delving into anyhorse's mind, but merely picking up the signature tendrils, like scents, of emotions and strong thoughts which were catapulted out at her. Like if a horse were angry or sad. For instance, she could tell that the two before her were incredibly glad to see one another for, with their exclamations, they had emitted thoughts of knowing each other. Thus, she was picking up on Mirage and the only thoughts or emotions she ever got from her were shifty and blurred, like herself. So, Gossamer was not surprised when the mare showed up moments later and introduced herself to the little mare. She did a head bow in return to Mirage's greeting and awaited Query's reply.

Hidden Account
Nogard

<style=font-family: times; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0px; font-size: 30px; color: #ffe35e;>Torasin</style><style=font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 5px; text-align:justify; width: 500px; line-height: 8px; color: #ffe35e;>

The English Man

</style>
<style=border: #7c7c7c 2px solid; padding: 0px; width: 500px; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size: 9px; background-color: #060607; color:#848484;>http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8618/tortable.png
Torasin looked puzzled at Query for a moment, surely she would recognize him. Different? Tor's eyes widened in surprise as he finally caught onto what she meant. The stallion had forgotten all about his once 'strange' colouring and of course, Query was the last equine to see him in that state. Her confusion now made sense to the golden stallion, "you mean I'm no longer stars and ocean. I'm not sure what happened, I left Isilme and my coat turned back to the way it was. Maybe it only had effect in that particular land" he suddenly wondered if Adele had kept her mad colours or if the effects had worn off her too.

The other mare spoke then and Torasin listened as she introduced herself. Benevolent? The stallion stared in awe at the mare, she had such grace that almost made him bow to one knee and her eloquence was music in his ears. He beamed at her "honored to meet you Gossamer the Benevolent." The paint dipped his head into a swooping curve which demonstrated the most honest of courtesies. My Herd? She must be a leader he looked at the white mare curiously "what is your herd like? If I'm not being too bold milady".

A familiar scent played about his nostrils and a new sound bounced in his lobes, Tor flung his head in the air his green eyes beaming. Mirage was here. She seemed to know Gossamer already and Torasin noted she was meeting people of late that he didn't know, maybe he should follow her around more. The black mare always seemed to attract the oddest of mammals. He looked adoringly at her before responding to her greeting "why good evenin' ma'am!" he chimed.
</style>
<style=margin-top: -10px; font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 9px; text-align:center; color:#687170; letter-spacing:1px;>
Tagged: xxx.
</style>

Hidden Account
Nogard
Another mare had seemingly came out of nowhere to also greet her. Though, this mare gave off a little bit of a dark aura Query just shrugged it off. "Good Evening to you as well. It has been quite a journey, but if not for Torasin here I prolly wouldn't have made it."

She turned to Torasin and nodded. "I see...well, I'm glad that you were able to make it out at least."

Then there was this gorgeous Gossamer left to address. "Yes it was Isilme that I just came from, but I've been to other places 'fore that...it was just that Isilme had just started to feel like a home to me...'least more so than all the other places I had been...well, all but one anyways, but that's a story for another time."

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The cheery greeting of the golden steed pleased Mirage, she acknowledged him with a special smile and accepted Gossamer’s bow of tiara with equal grace. She was interested to hear Gossamer speak of her homeland, the Foothills, knowing full well what it was like, it was a strong herd, Mirage was probably bias to believe made all the stronger by the addition of her brothers to their ranks. With just as much interest, she watched Torasin ask about the Foothills, and had a fleeting worry that he might leave her side to join the herdland – even if he did, their friendship would remain unchanged, she knew. Politely she then listened to the new mare, ears pricked as she divulged the nature of her past; busy, tumultuous (as anyone’s is when Isilme lies in their wake), she was a traveller, it seemed.

“My name is Mirage, young Query. If you ever feel the inclination, I would very much be interested to hear your story, in its entirety.” She spoke with a small, subtle smile and a kindness behind her eyes that could be read as honesty. She meant no harm to this newcomer, and hoped to learn more about her. “If you wish it, you may join Torasin and myself on our journeys across the lands, we belong to a family called the Qian. While we call no herdland our home, many of our kin do.” An affectionate glance was thrown to Gossamer, before the mare addressed the group, shifting her weight. “Forgive me, but I must take leave now; should you ever seek me, I often linger about the shadows of the Deep Forest.” With a natural flair for elegance her cranium bowed to each of the gathered, her form being soaked up by the surrounding shadows just as her magic blurred her from view.