the Rift

[OPEN] 99 Red Balloons [Welcoming]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Their return to the sun and bitter warmth of the Dragon’s Throat was quick-lived. Essetia had wanted to prolong her visit to the Threshold, but conversation had proven to be more a formality than indulgent. However, the closer she drew toward her own southern borders, the closer she became to Romul and their shared telecommunication. First he came in small bits before growing larger and more excited in her thoughts. You’re home, he shuddered internally when at last Essetia and her new companion faced the waters that separated the island from the rest of Helovia. They shimmered and lapped along the embankment below, where the cliff dropped into what were once red canyons, but their rushing could still be heard from above. As Essetia lingered at the cliff face, she turned toward Sabia with an enchanted smile. “Welcome home Sabia,” she began easily. “I’m sure you won’t need my help for the next part,” she assured while nudging the key that hung loosely about her thick neck.

When the spy motioned to take a step toward the sheer drop and imminent death beyond, the magic bridge appeared soundlessly ahead of her instead.  Sabia wouldn’t need to access the Throat in such a way due to her wings, but Essetia allowed room for the newcomer to join her in the crossing anyway. "Fortunately, you won’t need a key like I do, but should you require one, just let me know. Aside from that, there are many taskforces within the Throat that you may want to take part in at some point,” Essetia informed lightly as she lead the way into the glaring heat of the desert. “I am a spy by trade and have been so in numerous other establishments, but there are a great many jobs available to you here.

The spy turned to study her new recruit with some curiosity. She wasn’t sure that Sabia was cut from a warrior’s cloth and instead envisioned her a healer or a scholar. However, Essetia had seen more surprising matches than this and therefore watched Sabia intently. “Is there anything you think you might be particularly good at?” she prodded insensitively. The Pegasus had only just arrived to Helovia, but with Essetia’s lack of proper conversation (aside from the childish babble of her offspring) she found herself hugely inappropriate when it came to conversing.

The red rolling sands and the soft orange haze that danced up from the blistering dunes beckoned from all around. However, the electric blue sky gazed down on both Essetia and Sabia with remorse. The Throat was boiling, but beautiful… the perfect place to forget your fears in order to stay cool.

essetia & romul
Image Credits | Background Image

@Sabia || I went ahead and posted here so we could get you out of the Threshold.

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
The travel with Essetia was rather quiet and awkward but Sabia blamed that on herself being the horse she was Sabia didn't talk a lot. The scenery however enchanted the mare it felt as if she was immersed in a dream, one where she was allowed to explore. Would her mother have loved this if her fear did not consume her? Sabia decided that she would enjoy this place for her mother and herself, Sabia hoped maybe one day she would see her mother again and get to tell her about this place and the lovely mare she had met. When the two horses stopped Sabia's green eyes danced over the cliff like she was a young foal opening her eyes for the first time, the sound of roaring water was faint to Sabia's one working ear but still sounded like a dream come true to her.

When Sabia greeted her using the word home she felt a small pang of sadness, it was fleeting however and was gone as fast as it had come. "Home..." the mare tried the word out and decided it felt good to her Sabia would use it more often.

Sabia grew confused, what was the key around Essetia's neck for? How would the other mare get across? That's when Sabia blinked and Essetia was walking towards the edge. "Wait what-" the panicked mare froze when the bridge appeared, Sabia felt like Essetia had done that on purpose, the mare then grew embarrassed at herself. Of course the other mare knew what she was doing she lived here for crying out loud, so the embarrassed Sabia quickly trotted after Essetia to join her.

Quickly Sabia noticed how hot it was in the Throat, uncomfortably hot but the mare wasn't one to complain and she was sure the horses who lived in the Throat had ways of cooling off. Trying to ignore the heat that had suddenly swept over her Sabia listened to the other mare speak of jobs, Sabia was surprised to hear that Essetia was a spy she did not seem like one although that was the idea, guessed Sabia. Sabia was so focused on staying quiet and listening to what the other had to stay Sabia did not notice Essetia's gaze, normally that would have made her quiet uncomfortable.

When asked what she had in mind for a job Sabia thought for a moment before answering. "I always imagined myself helping others in the form of healing" Sabia answered looking at Essetia with a bright glow in her eyes that wasn't there before, it was true what the mare said. Helping and pleasing horses was something Sabia loved to do and if she could do that in her new home she would, it was the least she could do.

When Sabia returned her gaze back to the dunes she was once more taken back at the rolling red sands and how beautiful they were, never had she imagined a place like this existing. "Essetia your home- my home is beautiful" she said in a quiet.amazed voice.
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  Thank you, and for anyone reading I guess Luna if also joint us for her welcoming thread.

@Essetia @Luna
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had

So far this place hand't quite lived up to her expectations, though she wasn't one to often pass such a quick judgement, something just seemed rather off about this place, this Helovia. So far she hadn't seen anything but Unicorn roaming these lands. And the cream doll in the forest nearly had her fooled with her hidden prong horns behind a veil of hair. They had mentioned that they coexisted with one another, Equine, Pegasus and Unicorn in the same place. Just the sound of that gave her chills. She felt downright insane to take such an invitation from a unicorn. But nonetheless here she was, making her way into the direction of Dragons Throat.

Emerging from the treeline, she didn't pause. She pressed on through the heat, lobes fluttering upon her crown, keeping a keen eye for any trouble that she could have just walked into. The clearing was a welcomed sight, as one could move better through an open valley. She wasn't sure exactly where she was going, yet she continued in the direction she had been pointed.  Assuming she hadn't been sent to her death, she continued across the meadow and eventually upon the sands of the beach kissed ocean.

Her pace slowed here, as muscles were sore and tired. Iced pools gazing over the oceans waves as they lapped at the sands over the blurred horizon. The sun wasn't letting up today as it seemed to biol the earth below. She wasn't sure if she was in Hell, or Helovia.

Lobes perked to the sound of voices in the distance, upon the smudged horizon two figures continued on what seemed like air from her point of view. "Excuse me!" She called, tiredly, politely as she continued to the edge of the clearing. Confused, as what she had seen the pair do she gazed down to the ocean below, slowly stepping closer to the edge with caution. She wasn't sure how they had just walked across the air. she shrugged it off thinking perhaps the heat of the sun was just playing with her mind.

'What the gods is going on here.' She mused, and with another closer step to the edge, as if by magic a bridge formed dancing with the heat of flames. "You've got to be kidding me." She hissed, confused to what was going on taking a step back. Perhaps she had been sent to her death.

'This is what I get for trusting a Unicorn' Though she didn't trust unicorns in the slightest. The heat from the sun and the bridge pushed her back a few more steps as she cringed. Unaware if the other two had heard her call, or had even seen her appear on the back side of the flame-bridge she stood, with half a mind to leave this strange place.

ooc: Luna don't have a key yet, and she's not aware that this is the Throat. SO have fun xD

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Image Credit to Asperette.Deviantart.com

@Essetia

Coming home always felt safe and secure. It felt like coming up for air after too long beneath the ocean’s waves. It was like nothing else.

When Essetia first came to call the Throat home, she didn’t imagine it would ever become so dear to her heart, especially after her misfortune in the Falls. Yet, as she led another lost soul into the devouring heat of the south, she knew that the fire would eventually wash her clean. The sand would rub her raw before it caressed her and the ocean would roar until it whispered. This was becoming a place that offered sanctuary if one allowed it—everything took time to fall together after it had fallen apart. Somehow, the spy believed that Sabia was in need of a sanctuary, and her suspicions were only confirmed when the steely grey mare finally sought comfort in the only word Essetia now trusted of her southern borders. Instead of acknowledging the changes Sabia was about to face, Essetia allowed her a moment to sink and fall into that which she would one day inhabit and fly.

Even as her companion listened to the spy’s prelude of welcome, Essetia imagined that Sabia was more enchanted by everything that the Dragon’s Throat now represented. Sabia had become a sister, a friend, and an ally to the bay and her family. She had also become a warrior, a healer, a scholar, and everything that she ever wanted to be. However, she had also learned quite a lot about Helovia in the past day and half than she probably would have liked. To Essetia, magic and companions were natural… She’d been born to Helovia, a child, and none of the land’s wonders felt especially fantastical to a native. “I’m sorry, sometimes I forget myself,” she told Sabia from ahead. “These keys allow those without wings to cross into the Throat. I call it a safeguard… it keeps ill-intentioned fools out.

”Excuse me!”

When Essetia had nearly reached the opposing side of the bridge, she turned, believing to find another in her wake, but saw nothing over the soft slope of the fluttering magic. Shaking her head, the spy returned her attention to Sabia as she conceded to becoming a healer, which in turn made Essetia smile. She’d been right about the Pegasus. “That’s a fantastic choice,” she affirmed with fervor, “and it is a beautiful place.

However, just when Essetia was about to leave the cliff face behind, she became aware of an impending dark figure upon the bridge behind she and the new apprentice healer. Without any knowledge of whom the stranger was or what she intended, Essetia stepped forward with her ears pressed flat against her skull. Internally she called to her missing wolf since she’d arrived safely back within the Throat, and he replied eagerly. It would only be a matter of time before her bonded appeared to assist her in her endeavors to ward off the foreigner brave enough to follow her and Sabia into the south. “You better have a good reason for entering without permission,” she called from afar.

The stranger was a dark colored mare with electric blue eyes, but she didn’t appear to be a part of the Throat (at least not yet) and that put Essetia on edge. it had been quite some time since she'd been put to battle, but it wasn't above her when it came to protecting her newborn family inside.

essetia & romul

@Sabia @Luna

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia

Sabia soaked in everything Essetia was saying like a sponge, she was learning more in this very moment than she ever had living in her herd. The mare listened about the keys and found herself still amazed it was a wonder, everything was so different here. “There is nothing to be sorry about all of this is what I hoped to see in the world” she said in her quiet voice.

The mare found herself excited to see what was on the other side of the dunes as they reached the end of the bridge, however Essetia stopped and looked back…like she heard something. Sabia did not hear anything, the voice Essetia heard was all the way at the other end of the bridge Sabia’s weak ear could not hear it. Sabia’s worry was cast aside as Essetia began speaking again like nothing had happened. The mare found herself a chuckle at Essetia’s words “I imagine in a hot place like this there is always something to help with” Sabia replied.

Again Essetia’s attention was caught behind the pair, this time Sabia looked as well and noticed the dark shape of a horse. At first she assumed it was another member of the Throat until she noticed Essetia’s reaction, that wasn’t good. Sabia had not fought a day in her life since she was attacked by the creature that took her hearing in her right ear, since then she was afraid that her life would be taken this time.

There was no stallion to save her this time, and if there was…Sabia would simply not allow that. “Im assuming you don’t know that horse…what should we do?” the mare questioned pricking her ear to try and hear anything the horse at the end of the bridge was saying. ’Damn this one ear’ cursed Sabia.

Notes:

@Essetia @Luna
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Warning: Sikeax loses her marbles for a bit here and this post contains some amounts of colourful language due to it.

Oh, just fuck me.
Today is quickly becoming a bad day. Shit has managed to pile its way to chest height for her, and the heat is near ready to begin blistering her hide. Hobgoblin is gone, can you believe it, fucking gone, when she's rarely ever experienced a stretch of time alone without him since before he was born, off chasing the damned mare that had made a seemingly stupid idea of taking off. The mare could die and she couldn't give a single thought to it afterwards. If she did, it was her fault and no one else's. She wouldn't let herself bare the weight of that guilt when it wasn't her's to carry.
All she had wanted to do was stop for a moment to settle in a stream, to let her skin take a break underwater from the harsh rays of the Sun, and in return? The mare had just walked away. Hobgoblin had been driven up in the idea of keeping up with them and had casually gone ahead without her, and trailed lazily after the dark mare. He sent her snippets of their motherfucking adventure along the way, occasionally mentioning things that the mare had done and bringing up commentary.
Hopefully he'd have his brain on straight for once in his life and carry her back to the Dragon's Throat where Sikeax was attempting to make quick progress towards, cutting through the northern portion of the desert and letting the soft skin atop her back bake and burn under the height of the sun. She debates screaming as the sands steadily make their change to orange hues, too tired to force herself into the sea to swim across.
The bridge will have to do today.
She drags what is left of herself to it, taking note that it's already been activated, flames rising out of thin air. It never crosses her mind that she'd be this happy to see it, but today, she feels as if she could just throw herself onto it and hope for the best.
The best being that it magically finds a way to push her across on its own. She's fine with being dumped on the beach as long as it's in the Dragon's Throat.
But low and behold, like the gods have finally gifted Sikeax with some sort of luck!, is Hobgoblin, and Bitchface McGee, better known as Luna.
He's strung out on the warm sands, pressing his long body into the ground and audibly groaning - oh how she has no issue with murdering his bastard ass at this point - about how hot the sands feel.
"AHHH!" She screams at him, gaining his full attention as his body rattles atop the ground, jumping for a moment as she startles him. Lips roll up to bare teeth in what she can only imagine is a smile of 'hey, whatever' from him. She hates him. She really does. He could die right now and she wouldn't care because honestly, she doesn't care about anything at this moment.
There are multiple faces watching her too: Essetia, Luna, a small, winged mare that she isn't sure of yet but probably now thinks that she's crazy and lost her mind, but that doesn't really matter because half of the Throat could think of her as a maniac and the ones that mattered to her would probably wouldn't.
"You're such a piece of shit!" Hobgoblin purrs in his own way, drawing something out of his throat that probably looks more like a growl as he rolls over onto the darker portion of his body. This is embarrassing, really, it is.
A hoof knocks into his side with little force. "Get up! Get up, you jerk!" Jerk isn't an insult fitting to Hobgoblin. There's a string of words that she could call him off the top of her head that are more fitting to him but then again, there's people watching and she might need to make herself look more presentable if she's going to get any respect as the Dragon's Throat's only Sun Physician.
And much to her pleasure, Hobgoblin doesn't move. If she had hands and he had an actual neck, not one buried into the large rolls of fat that have made up  his body(seriously, how did he even manage to get this fat), then she would have strangled him at this point.
Instead, her lips scrunch into a scowl and her blues harden into stones and glare into every fiber of his lazy soul, and burn with hatred. Then, to his surprise, she walks away. Confusion gunks up the gears in his head to the point where they nearly stop movement altogether, trying to shove one thought into another and just figure out why Sikeax isn't making the typical mockery of herself at his antics. She's walking away with her back turned to him, sucking in a deep breath that expands her rib cage to its fullest potential. A jerk of her head is made to fling any strayed locks into their correct place, and a quick check is made with the other three mares to ensure they aren't looking at her like she's lost it entirely.
Not yet. They'll have to check in on another day.
"Luna." The words that filter out of her are composed with stress. "Maybe it would have been polite of you to wait for me instead of running off. But anyway, welcome to the Dragon's Throat." Essetia catches her eyes for a moment with the expression she's wearing. A frown sweeps over her as she works through the situation, finally figuring out that Luna probably looked like an intruder as she tried to get across the bridge without assistance.
My luck.
Hobgoblin lifts his head off the ground to roll his lips up more, putting up a face that signified his attempt at physically laughing at her.
"Essetia!" Hopefully her voice is loud enough to reach them. She swings her head to Luna and motions with her horn in the general direction of the bridge. "Go ahead. I'll walk with you. It's not going to collapse." The tone is still slightly rough from her screaming fit with her companion.
She's raised two boys. Two, very large, very rebellious boys from the same damn father who they obviously got it from. She can handle this.
Hobgoblin, if you do not come now, you can fling yourself off this fucking cliff and swim across because I am not going to walk across this bridge just to haul your lazy ass back over. Do it now.
As if on cue, he's changed his form completely and is now sprinting in the direction of the two mares, towards safety. She waits for him to get some ways across before she steps onto the bridge, checking to ensure that Luna is following her along.

OOC: Presenting Sikeax finally loses her mind at Hobgoblin, the moment everyone has been waiting for.
Hobgoblin followed Luna in his Serval form, and then upon arrival at the bridge is in his totally useless Leopard Seal form. Back to the serval one when he crosses the bridge.
Please just tag me when it's my turn to post!
talk talk talk

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

@Luna

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had

“You better have a good reason for entering without permission.”

A defensive warning, feminine and bold bellowed from across dancing vibrant flames. Lobes fell to her ink flushed crown, fading into the hot black fibers that veiled her cheeks. Luna realizing she possibly had trespassed into an occupied domain, instantly felt an surge of regret having left the unicorn mare in the shade of the Threshold. For all Luna knew she could be attacked at any moment, and she was in no shape to fight in this heat, not after her travels. In a better circumstance she would have just turned nose and left, but now wasn't the time to be cheeky. To much was at risk. "Please." Her voice like a smooth thunder from the reach of the bridge; "I mean no harm." Through the haze of flickering flames her eyes squint trying to determine what she was up against. Two mares it seemed, an Equine and a Pegasus. The first of either Luna had seen in Helovia. Seeing an Equine such as herself brought a little sigh of relief; surely she wouldn't be hostile to one of her own kind.

Words like whispers in the distance were indistinguishable between the duo. Luna, doing her best to remain calm, took a few steps back from the bridge. Still amused with how the pair had crossed through the heat of the flames. There were no screams of anguish, no look of pain on their faces. It was if by magic, it was magic.

"AHHH!"

A voice boomed a short distance behind her. Already on the defensive, Luna spun around crystal pools frantically searching for the source of the angry scream. 'Sikeax?' The moon maiden expressing mixed emotions such as concern, relief perhaps even a smudge of fear. Chest heaving with frantic breaths as she relaxes her tensed muscles, hoping her heart would come out of her throat and back into her chest. Amused, Luna let her gaze pry from the upset unicorn and to her mischievous companion. Had it been following her this whole time? Observing the scuffle between the two was rather entertaining and Luna was doing her best to keep a smile off her lips giving away her amusement. Lobes once again return their place against the moon maidens crown as the unicorn abandons the creature on the sandy floor, advancing in her direction.

"Luna."

The tone and expression that was given was one felt of disappointment. Embarrassed of her actions, even to the unicorn, she felt somewhat apologetic as the mare continued. This was the Dragons Throat, so she had managed to not get lost. Impressed with herself for a brief moment she simply smiled at the champagne vixen. Luna should have waited, but there wasn't any fun in always being shown the right direction. Sikeax bellows again, this time a name. Essetia. Cold eyes met with the irritated unicorn as she motioned to walk over the bridge. The bridge of fire.

Luna was baffled, how stupid did this mare think she was?  'Yes mare, walk into the flames of death.' Nostrils flare with a dip of her head, snorting in disapproval. It didn't feel right to just walk into a fire, magical or not. But suddenly as Sikeax had stepped upon the bridge, the temperature fell and the flames embraced her limbs. Just as the mares before her, no screams of anguish, no obvious pain. What kind of hell-hole did she stumble upon?

Hesitantly, forcefully she followed suit with caution. Limbs testing the waters so to speak, before lunging forth upon the invisible surface. Hooves clicking against the hard clay. What had been a boiler just moments ago, held the same vibrant flickers with less intensity. Head turned slightly as the sound of her companion scuttled across the sands behind them. A weary smile curved the crease of her soft black maw. And to think, all she needed to get across the bridge was to hold mommies hand.

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Image Credit to Asperette.Deviantart.com

@Essetia

Essetia appreciated ingenuity and it was a quality that Sabia appeared to embody in more ways than one. As the spy watched the winged maiden enjoying the warmth and aridity of the Throat, she listened intently to the lavish compliments surrounding its magnificence. It had been such a long time since Essetia had thought so highly of the desert she called home and it was nice to be reminded of her good fortune. Not to mention that Sabia was certainly correct in believing that a herd of this magnitude was always in need of assistance. “I’m certain that we will manage to put you to good use,” the bay assured with a flippant smile. However, the troublesome feeling of being followed kept Essetia from fully indulging her new desert flower, even though she was wise enough to question the impending creature at their backs. “Let me take care of it,” she warned harshly. After all, Essetia couldn’t have her garden threatened just as it was beginning to bloom.

Yet, their present circumstances were constantly growing more complex and intense as one horse appeared after the other. The first was the coal-black mare, stout and wild in appearance, while the other was more familiar to the Throat spy. Sikeax appeared to trail far behind the newcomer and (by the looks of it) was less than thrilled to have been beaten to her borders. However, the Sun Physician was not the first among them to reach out to Essetia and her troubled recruit. Instead, the moon-kissed lady called out to the spy, apparently meaning no harm despite her bold and careless entrance. She was mildly deceitful if Essetia had been looking to label her, especially after seeking to use Essetia’s key to gain entry to the South.

However, before she could properly scold the intruder, Sikeax began a small tirade that kept her from doing much at all. After all, Essetia wasn’t quite yet aware of the nature of the situation or of the fact that Luna had in fact been recruited by their Sun Physician. So, for a moment she waited until Sikeax had recovered from what appeared to be a bout of frustration or some other inward complication. If Essetia and Sabia had been closer, thy may have been able to hear her tantrum, but instead it was more like a silent movie—more action than dialogue.

When the Unicorn finally called out to Essetia (yelling and screaming aside), the spy nodded solemnly toward the Physician and turned back to Sabia with some hesitation. In some capacity Essetia wanted to wait for the chaotic duo toward which she was almost inclined to inquire about, but instead she moved on to cross the bridge. At least Sabia wasn’t daft enough to abandon her lead… “Well then, I guess this is one hell of a welcoming committee,” she sighed. “I guess you could say the Throat houses quite a few unusual characters.

essetia & romul

@Sabia

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
The sudden scream from the champagne horse that appeared made Sabia jump and almost tumble off of the bridge, to keep herself from falling she ended up standing with both front and back legs crossed. That was all she heard from Sikeax the rest was silent, all she could see was the angry opening and closing of the horses mouth. For once Sabia was grateful for her trouble hearing, nothing the two horses on the other side were saying reached Sabia's ear. Sabia stepped a little closer to Essetia when she mentioned taking care of it, at least one of them could fight.

When the champagne horse began walking on the bridge Sabia's muscles began to tighten, would they really have to fight? Sabia backed up a few steps ears folded to her skull and snorted fear making her heart race.

Then the strangest thing happened, the champagne mare called Essetia's name. Which meant they knew eachother? Sabia began to relax again even though she was extremely confused.

Letting go of a sigh of relief Sabia looked to Essetia as she spoke. "A very interesting welcoming committee " chuckled Sabia in relief. "Unusual is good...who is that unicorn?" She questioned.
 Notes:  

@Essetia @Luna
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!