the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lavender in the Summer

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
He was wandering again, lost in the grandeur around him, but that was alright. Every day was a new adventure, a new path with an equally new destination as he soaked in as much knowledge as he could regarding this Helovia that he found himself in. Leif was no stranger to wandering, and this place was, perhaps, one of the most normal he had so far traipsed upon.

A beautiful landscape of dry, yellow-green grasses and lavender thistles danced in the wind, the slightest of breezes that brought very little reprieve from the harsh summer heat. The white stag could see a wide river, slow and lazy and perhaps a little low drift through the canvas of the land, but it was just as beautiful as everything else he had seen during his short time within this land. It was all so strange, so peculiar... Maybe there would be a time in the future where he was no longer struck by the beauty of this mysterious land, a time when he would be used to such grand semantics and surroundings... But a part of him never wanted that time to come.

For if one could not appreciate the natural beauty of the earth, then what could they appreciate?

With steadfast steps of cloven hooves, the ivory bull-Elk waded through the sea of yellow-green grasses and lavender thistles, the tall and brittle vegetation brushing against his robust alabaster sides. Perhaps he would be an oddly found creature, should anyone else be around on that warm evening, but Leif was beginning to realize that he was not the only odd creature in Helovia. This land held a litany of odd, taking that very word, shattering it, and re-defining it as it saw fit. Odd had become an every day occurence, different  becoming the every day norm, but for the white stag, who had been hunted and chased for his pelt and impressive rack... This was alright.

This was welcome.

With a lazy, jovial smile, the bull-Elk stopped his wandering before the side of the river bank and lowered his elegant head to take a drink, the cool waters refreshing on his tongue after a long day of wandering.

He would go home to the Aurora Basin soon... But for now, he had every intention on remaining here, within this meadow of thistles and brittle grasses. Idly Leif wondered what this place was called, and wished that either Elspeth or Rexanna had joined him on his venture, but surely they would be able to answer when he went home.

Home.

The word would never not serve to fill him with joy.

"Finally..."

the white stag
Image Credit

@Eahaela
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Eahaela Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
TierRen

"I am naive to much of the world's workings," Eahaela's dulcet tone announced her presence if her hoof steps did not, "but not so much as to think another species to be unable to speak." The woman ducked her head beneath a low hanging branch. With her head lowered Eahaela's nostrils flared drinking in the soft scent of lavender. So similar our kinds are. Closer she carried her svelte figure; head now carried high and tilted so as to better see the stag of ivory. "So why is it that you are the first I have heard?"

Eahaela had heard the elk speak; a singular word, but a word spoken nonetheless. I do not know if it is hearing speech pass another species' lips, usually so guarded; or the happiness so foreign to my hearing that draws me to him so. To the child of the weeds the sound of such happiness drew her in as if the vitality of the sun itself had been contained in his voice. She yearned to hear him again, almost desperately so, as the word he spoke faded; becoming lost among the lush grasses or carried away by the waters. If he weren't to speak again Eahaela felt as though she would have to chase after the lost word. From him I will learn where to find such happiness.

With her eye, colored by the softest shade of brown, Eahaela considered the elk's cloven hooves. Why do some unicorns share hooves akin to his? Is there a common ancestor? Standing separated by swaying grasses the unicorn mused about what divided her kind; the unicorns, from the 'beasts'. Was it easier for each sort to keep to their own? Were there places where communication was a common occurrence? Awaiting his answer with sweat glimmering on her sides Eahaela wondered if the heat was making her hear things unsaid. A grimace came to her features at such a thought, she needed the happiness she heard in his voice to be true. She needed him to tell her where to find such a feeling.

Image Credit

[Image: eahaelapixel_by_tierren-d9ztant.png]
'Child of the Weeds'

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
As he had learned since his short life in Helovia's borders, abnormal was as standardized as needing to breathe. Would there ever be a beast or creature here who did not take his breath away the second that his gaze landed upon them? That made him question his, by comparison, plain and ordinary looks?

The young doe who found him met every ounce of criteria he had come to expect of the denizens of this land. Slender, sleek, every ounce a fine young woman, with shades of brown and spotted dapples all around her rump. The horns that grew from her brow were recognizable, telling him that she was yet another not-horse, like Rexanna and Elspeth, but was truly peculiar was the fact that one horn was rooted so very firmly within the socket of her left eye. Did that not hurt? Or ache?

Her words are full of velvet, like the touch of silk against skin, and Leif's head lifts, posture straightening, tines pointed towards the sky and the beauty of the sudden, thistle-filled location momentarily forgotten.

Pondering her inquiry, he thought it over for a few good moments before giving his answer. "... I have been told that there are none others like my kind here who can speak within Helovia's borders, so I do not know why it is that I can speak your tongue and others cannot. Forgive me. I am used to Elk who speak, and not so used to not-horses like yourself who do." A small, but genuine smile lit up the ivory stag's lips, a boyish expression of genuine curiosity and gentlemanly eloquence.

Dipping his head in a acknowledging nod, Leif went on. "I am Leif, and am relatively new to Helovia. May I inquire your name, young doe?"

the white stag
Image Credit

@Eahaela
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*