the Rift

[OPEN] violet hill [herb gathering]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
Excitement and enthusiasm clung to her movements as they soared between rock, rubble, and stones, rushing along familiar pathways and amusing runes, spying idle streams, paying homage and reverence to the wide-open fields. They crossed old trails, leapt over known nettles, and sang out their convictions – wonderful, radiant, and valorous. A purpose had been laden across her mind, spiraling and convoluting through her membrane until it blossomed and brewed so meticulously, so thoroughly, that she couldn’t resist its call, its hum, its thrilling, potent exhilaration – so she twisted, she turned, she played a mystical ditty as they rampaged into thickets and copses, warmed by the notions springing in each step. Despite the summer heat, its boiling, hazy crescendo, her sun-kissed hide welcomed it like a caress, like warmth, like tenderness, ignoring the sultry waltz, the indignant maelstrom, bestowing only rapture and reverie into the hallowed sanctions of verdant, vibrant greenery, thistle, and clover. With the greenhouse nearing completion, requiring only a door, there was no point in waiting any longer, of biding her time, of watching and waiting for various plants to dry along the healers’ cave walls – they were now capable of storing the precious artifacts, the wholesome goods, to ensure everyone in their kingdom was alive and well. What better way to secure, guarantee, and assure assuaging motives, then to gain more and more of those beneficial herbs?

So she and Imogen sprung against the leafy indulgences, hummed a beautiful tune, and hoped the rest of her medic brethren followed her goals, her motivations, and her ambitions. Perhaps even foals would join in on their game, gain intellect, knowledge, and wisdom of what could heal them when no one was around to mend and stitch together lacerations, remove broken, mangled barbs, or treat the aches and pains of everyday endeavors. The world was always for their taking, for the swell of curiosity and the measures of defiance – and the Songbird glanced, from healer to healer, with a stalwart grin and an aspiring tone, filling the silence, the contemplations, with her glowing, dulcet enchantment. “We need to stock our new greenhouse!”  She winked, smiling at the notion, at the image of its fine, glassy container pooling along her mind. “Find anything you’d like! Ask about its uses and purposes.” Then a nod, strong and staunch, followed, spoken with the same lightness, the same crispness, the same bountiful luminescence, but with compassion riddled in its sanctuary. “We will make the Basin stronger than ever.”  The Songbird believed it, every word, every ounce, every note; then hummed again, lifting up spirits and refrains, for them to join in her chorus, for them to regale in arias and strains as they searched in endless anticipation for the next greatest masterpiece.

[Tagging anyone of healer rank from the Basin. Foals/anyone interested in healing may join! I will be posting again in a week (August 3rd) to ensure the thread doesn't die. Please come so I don't have to rp by myself. .__.]

@Enna @Tiamat @Mortuus Nox @Tangere

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
It was hot. A radiating heat that billowed down on the spotted buckskin hide of the filly. She had been growing, still only a season old, but taller from when she was born, stronger than before, and smarter. This time, her intelligence came into play as the filly found out about Lena’s plans to fill the little glass capsule that was the greenhouse. The filly had asked her mother if she could go with the Time Mender, curious to know what the plants were that were good and which were not, and of course to escape the clutches of her mother’s talons, knowing well enough that if she were to traverse with one of the Basin’s finest, she wouldn’t have to deal with Marembo constantly keeping an eye on her like a hawk. She didn’t need someone to watch her like that. Despite her size and her age, she refused to believe she was weak. She was going to be a leader one day, ruling over all with an iron fist. Children that grew up to do that, didn’t get babied. And she was done with being treated as such. It was a foolish thing, more than likely, but this adventure would be worth it for her.

Khairi, her companion was growing and his fluff was molting out, being replaced by a beautiful sheen of black feathers. The little beard on his beak was beginning to grow, and he had been doing his best to teach himself to fly. It was hard for Kiada to try and help him learn. She didn’t have wings to help teach him how they worked – so she relied on his instinct to help him. For now, he could only flutter. Running alongside her and flapping his wings like a maniac, gliding ever so slightly on them to feel the wind beneath his plumes and the way it flickered and pushed the feathers in unique ways that only the wind and flying could do. She was proud of him, and in turn, he was proud of himself. The two carried themselves highly now. Khairi was able to care for himself, learning to sneak up on his prey to eat, pouncing on unsuspecting rabbits and mice. Kiada didn’t mind, for the sight of blood and the breaking of bones that Khairi mostly fed on were simply just another day. The filly, for being a princess, was all too comfortable around gore.

Even still, they followed the mare. Khairi gliding upon occasion, as Kiada’s ebony daggers drug her across the hot earth. But then, their adventure came to a stop in a place familiar to the filly. This was the place they found Thranduil, her brother and her, and how he had used his magic on them more than once. Bewilderment billowed through the filly at the memory, unsure of how he did it still. Yet, she did her best to pay attention to the Time Mender as she spoke, pink splotched lips staying in a tight line as she looked up at the mare with interest. The flames along her back flickered and billowed with rabbits as they jumped along her back, while her mind tried to contemplate what kind of herbs would be ones that they needed back home. “Miss Lena?” She began, shifting uncomfortably in the question she was about to ask. “I want to learn about healing. I’m not sure what herbs we’re supposed to be picking.” She admitted, glancing down at Khairi as she looked up at his bonded, almost urging her to push through her shame. She was too young to know what she was looking for, so help would be needed. And he would rather her learn what she was supposed to do once and never forget it, than by trial and error. Looking back up at the mare, she lifted her ebony dipped face to look upon her with a small smile - given confidence in her question from Khairi. "Can you help me?"

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

@Lena :D

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
I paced the places and the hallways where we'd meet
hoping one day you'd come my way and sweep me off my feet.
"I want to know as well," her voice is light and airy, carrying over the summer field and the bright sunshine around them.  For, Zyanya was shy as well, so she took the opportunity to learn of herbs with Kiada, who had been brave enough to admit her ignorance.  The full grown mare had no excuse for escaping the knowledge of such things, and the truth of it was she never needed to know before.

Much of her life, everything had been done for her.  Now, living in Helovia, others were no so quick to offer aid without reason.  So, standing just slightly behind the filly, Zyanya looks every bit as curious and clueless.

She was uncertain why she followed Lena and the healers today.  Maybe, the praise the chocolate mare bestowed upon her while helping Albrecht urged her to follow the instinct to help others.  She knew, when she had been looking at the decrepit old man covered in blood, the most terrible feeling overcame her.  Helplessness.  Zyanya did not know Albrecht before that moment, yet the feeling clutched her heart like paralysis.  Just imagining what that situation might have been in the presence of a loved one - the girl surpresses a shudder.

Her lilac eyes rest easily on the angelic Songbird, hoping for insight into herbs and other knowledge.  Perhaps, with some time and effort, Zya would be able to heal minor wounds and be of use to the herd.  When faced with a crisis again, she could take confident action.  "I want to be able to help others like you," an earnest smile accompanies her confession.

""

ooc -- Zyanya is totally not stalking Lena, if that's what you're thinking.
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
a bright star, so no one lets you down
I will shine to guide you.
When her dear friend and mentor had announced their journey for new herbs and sprigs, the ocean mare had agreed readily to the errand. Always eager to assist with the well being of her home, and ever delighted to preform tasks hungered for by her healer’s heart, she finds her emotions swollen with joy as their pleasant group treks over mountains and through valleys. Their adventure is filled with songs and laughter; a beautiful picture of camaraderie, of people (strangers, perhaps) brought together and stitched as one with the companionship of home—of a sense of fellowship and family.

There are a few faces among them that Tiamat doesn’t recognize, or names she can’t place—and while she still has every intention and yearning to familiarize herself with each of them, she does not huddle at their sides as she usually would. Rather, for this particular little journey, the blue mare hovers towards the back of their company. While walking, singing, and humming along, it is the glittering egg (encased and carried in a large pocket of water, moving steadily at her side) that dominates the young Mender’s attention.

What a peculiar sight it must be! The brightly-colored unicorn, with a round pocket of water floating at her shoulder, its current slow and rhythmic as it swirls round and round, swaddling a most precious orb—its surface smooth and polished, glimmering and twinkling beneath the water’s light. Tiamat can hardly keep from smiling. Her eyes are tender and her expression doting each time she steals a glance at her egg (although more rare is it that she is not fawning over her dearest little creature). The miles pass away beneath her hooves like a slow sigh of breath—effortless—and before she realizes, they have already arrived at their chosen place for harvesting.

Glancing around the violet bramble that stretches out around them, Tiamat pauses where she stands. Perhaps she should set her egg in a nest for safekeeping while they gather herbs...but the idea of parting from the marbled orb is too much for her gentle heart to bear; so keeping it at her side, she advances towards the others. Drawn by unfamiliar voices of interest, the ocean mare approaches a triangle of equines—one young filly (she remembers her from the herd meeting, hovering at the golden Thief’s side), a pale mare, and her beloved friend.

“I would love to teach you as well,” the blue mare offers happily, settling among them with a comfortable smile. “My name is Tiamat, another healer for the Basin. Lena is a wonderful mentor, but perhaps I can try for a moment,” she winks playfully to the brown mare, forever respectful and grateful for her teachings, before her attention broadens to the other two.

Tiamat will never stop learning about and studying the beautiful art of healing—of this she is certain. She craves knowledge, craves guidance, and hand-in-hand with this, is her desire to share. To teach and give the wisdom that has so graciously been bestowed upon her. “Herbs are an incredible resource—so versatile and helpful, they can be found in any part of the world. No matter the practice that you seek to follow, be it Seeing, Crafting, or Protecting, even the most basic herbal knowledge will benefit you,” though there is excitement in her voice, she speaks almost reverently, “It’s nature’s gift to us.” Even without magic, nature and gods have not left them helpless, if they are willing to open their minds to the earth around them.

It has taken her many, many months to grasp this blessing.

notes; I figured she's talked enough already, I'll give you a chance to respond xD
“Speech.”

@Lena @Kiada @Zyanya | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Lena
They came on her heels, on her footsteps, on her summons, and the small congregation blessed her, anointed her, consecrated her efforts because they willing to learn, willing to share, willing to regard their life’s work to benefit another’s. Her smile radiated in utter bliss, and she didn’t doubt her cheeks might hurt for days afterward, was her laughter so full, and were her pursuits so bright. She paid close attention to the belles hastening to her call, to the child with fire on her back, to the pale femme whom she’d seen at almost every turn, to the blue friend (carrying something to behold; she’d have to be congratulated later) sharpening her skills. “Of course,” she obliged the other Mender, the young, glowing femmes who wanted to assist in their discoveries, glowing in vivid silence as Tiamat explained their reasons for being in the midst of valleys and sun. In beautiful form, she conveyed the regal stature of an herb; why they meandered, why they searched, why they sought out these precious jewels and gems of the grasses and forests  - always to guide and aid their fellow brethren. The nymph followed the sea mare’s words thereafter, gliding on a hum, on a trill, on a birdsong floating along the wind. “It would be a shame to not educate ourselves on how to soothe our family and friends. Even if you don’t possess a healing magic, these herbs will be able assuage those who ache.”

We must never be useless. We must never be idle.

As the creed flowed through her mind, her eyes caught a small shrub near them, with alternating leaves, arranged by oval patterns and small, rich yellow flowers that had yet to completely blossom (not yet encouraged by the correct season; they usually sprung in the midst of Orangemoon, trying to match the wind and the chill). “For instance,” she remarked, growing closer to the plant, indicating with her cranium for them to join her, gather around a piece of wildlife that others would deem insignificant – and they could deem brilliant and extraordinary. “This is witch-hazel. We may use its leaves and bark to reduce swelling, sores, or bruising.” Her stare flickered over each and every creature before her, the smile returning, the adventure being cast. “There are many others within this meadow that can be a wondrous service to us. I challenge you to find one more – if you find something appealing, Tiamat or I can inspect and ensure its medicinal properties.”

Possible herbs in Thistle Meadow (and feel free to discover any of your own!): 

Healing:  All-Heal, Aloe Vera, Angelica, Blessed Thistle, Calamus, Catnip, Chamomile, Cleavers, Comfrey Leaf & Root, Dandelion, Echinacea, Elm, Eucalyptus, Garlic, Geranium, Horehound, Juniper Berries, Licorice Root, Marigold, Milk Thistle, Motherwort, Mullein, Peppermint, Pine, Raspberries, Wild Cherry Bark, Willow, Witch Hazel, Yarrow

Poisonous (if you want to be that guy ;D):  American Persimmon’s Fruit, Black Walnut, Boxwood, Buttercup, Choke-Cherry, Common Cocklebur, Crofton Weed & Mistflower, Crotalaria, Curly Dock, Field Horsetail & Brakenfern, Foxglove & Yew, Hardhead Thistle, Horse Chestnut, Pokeweed, Ragwort, Red Maple, Stinkwood, Waterhemlock

@Kiada @Zyanya @Tiamat

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
A voice hit the air directly after Kiada had spoken. Turning her onyx head to view who had spoken, she remembered the pale mare from when her mother had accepted her into the herd. Kiada remembered vividly the outburst her twin had done, and how readily she was to agree with him, only to change her mind and stay rather silent the entire encounter. This time, it was different. She was slightly older than before, stronger, able to handle her own. And Khairi beside her was a welcome addition to the filly who had originally began as a piece of a solid machine that had cast herself on her own route with the yearn to learn. She nodded as she turned her head back to Lena as Zyanya continued on, wishing to help others. Kiada hadn’t known exactly what that meant yet. She vaguely remembered the visit of the black and white Pegasus at her birth and how she helped Mother stand so Kiada and her brother could feed.

Nevertheless, helping people or not, it would be useful information one day. And she nodded gratefully in anticipation when another voice appeared. Her pelt was like the ocean and Kiada took it all in with a sheer amount of wonder, especially watching the little egg at her side that seemed to float beside her. She admitted that she would love to teach them as well and Kiada nodded with a small smile, Khairi puffing his feathers up with the excitement that came through the bond. Kiada’s ivory rimmed ears tipped to the blue mare as she began the lesson, talking of herbs that could help or harm and what they did.

The filly slowly found herself moving closer to Tiamat as she drank in everything. Lena spoke again, distracting the princess filly with her words. She moved swiftly to a plant and motioned toward it, explaining that it was witch hazel and how it could be used. Then, something wonderful happened. A challenge. Kiada studied the way the plant was and looked over to Tiamat for a moment before looking at the area around them. Her oceanic eyes narrowed upon simple grasses that looked as though they had been grazed upon – but then she looked further into it. She looked at what hadn’t been munched on previously, and what had possibly been purposefully avoided. Then, bounding away, she had her eyes set on something slightly in the distance. Her ebony legs took her a bit further away from the group, but when she came up upon the plant she squinted looking down upon it. Khairi bounded up behind her, moving close to the plant and stretching his beak out to touch the stem of the plant. It was a bush with rather spikey leaves and branches – kind of similar to the familiar pines that dotted the Basin. But in abundance to the spikey leaves, she spotted berries that nestled within different levels of the branches. Tilting her head slightly, she inspected the blue berries that grew rather largely upon the twigs holding them up as they bent to accommodate the weight.

Standing tall and proud, little lions began to dance across her back in the form of fire as she turned to look upon Tiamat and Lena with a wide grin across her pink splotched lips. “I found something!” She proclaimed, standing proudly. She only hoped it was actually something useful.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

@Zyanya @Tiamat @Lena

Kiada found juniper berries! :D Tia or Lena can come and let her know if it was a good find ;D

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Adventuring from the Basin once again. His hooves carried his demonic like body across the lands of Helovia. Lowing his heavy maw he picked up on the scent of others he knew. Large horns raised as he started to walk towards the scent on the other Basin members. They were a good distance away from home, what could they be doing in out here? Stone cold gray eyes watched ahead of him as he grew closer and closer to the scents of the others. Soon the beast figured out what was happening.

Nox let his cold orbs settle on Lena first who was explaining that she wants the others to find herbs that were around this meadow. Tiamat was the next person he caught sight of. It had been along time since she had seen her. When the ocean mare last saw Nox he was covered in blood from the curse that pulsed through his body. Luckily that was not the state he was in now. Next his attention fell to a white mare he had not seen before. Then his stone cold eyes came to a halt when he saw the small creature who looked like Rexanna. Her coloring and markings were all the same. His head tilted wondering who the father was this time...

Cracked hooves carried his muscular body towards the group. His maw looked over to see a tree like bush next to him. With a hard snap and pull he broke a branch off and walked to the group. Red bright cherry looking things hung off the branches and he set it down for all to see. Gray eyes looked to the group and his deep voice roared from his chest. "Hello I am Nox." His eyes first caught the white mare, then he looked to the child. "I hope all is well Lena, and Tiamat you are radiant as usual." A soft cold smile formed on his maw with a dip of his crowned skull. "Healing has a lot to do with plants and herbs that will help you, but you must also know the ones that can kill you. This branch looks like a normal leafy plant with bright red juicy berries right? Well if you decide to make this your afternoon snack, you will be dead by night fall. This is a choke cherry tree, or Prunus virginiana." His deep voice roared as the Latin accent twisted into his words. " Hiding in the berries, stem ,and leaves is a toxin known as cyanide. If this toxin is ingested it binds to your cells and causes them to stop working correctly. What I mean by that is the toxin makes it so your body can not send oxygen to cells that need it. Suffers usually die within minutes of ingestion. This plant can suffocate your whole body." Gray eyes fell upon the plant in front of his feet then he looked to Lena and Tia.

"Talk."
There is nothing Glorious about dying.
anyone can do it.
image credits

I mentioned everyone!!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Zyanya Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: VI
Tai
I paced the places and the hallways where we'd meet
hoping one day you'd come my way and sweep me off my feet.
An unfamiliar blue face appears, dazzling Zyanya with the exotic grace of her features.  As if a wave of salt from the ocean brushed against her face, the porcelain doll is brought back to her day at the Endless Blue.  The waves which rolled against the silver of the sands played along the curves of a mare, seaweed from the deep crowning her neck between roiling blue tendrils.  A smile, confident and strong, finds its way to her lovely face.  Unconsciously, a smile answers in return on Zyanya's face, enthralled by the girl who somehow escaped her attention until now.

Tiamat offers her name, winking familiarly toward Lena.  Her face expresses the deep passion and love for healing, even as she begins to speak of the importance in herbs.  The warmth radiating from the cerulean mare places Zyanya at ease, relaxing her figure and listening intently as she speaks.  Never, not once in her entire life, had the mare felt such a strong attachment to anything - watching someone speak with adoration and gusto gave her energy, kindling a tiny flame in her heart.

Lena's own voice followed, with the pair speaking as though performing an intricate dance to educate the uninformed.  I would be able to assuage their pain, Zyanya thinks as she speaks, a wonder to even begin to think as such.  Eagerly, she steps forward as Lena draws attention to a plant, lilac eyes taking notice of the shape of the leaves and the height of the shrub.  She names it witch-hazel, speaking briefly of its possibilities, and leaving Zyanya quite amazed.  An ordinary looking plant, one she may have ignored entirely, has such promise - a new perspective, one she had never dreamed to hold.

"Ah, okay," shyly she responds when Lena suggests they take to looking for herbs in the expanse of the meadow.  Quietly, she steps off, lilac eyes peeled to the ground.

Focus grew intently as she studied the other plants sprouting between stalks of tall grass and thistle, ears becoming deaf to her surroundings.  Zyanya uncertain, really, of what she was looking for, walking further into the meadow and away from the lines of trees.  It is quite by accident that she stumbles over a strange, out of place looking plant.  The leaves point toward the sun, outstretched arms with soft-edged spikes mimicking tongues of fire painted green.  The best description of the leaves would be flesh-like, thick and gummy.  Gently pushing the strange leaf with her muzzle, she finds a certain amount of resistance.

"Uh," her voice starts, head raising to look around.  "What is this?" her voice carries back toward the group, surprised to see the addition of another figure in her time spent scouring the floors of the meadow for herbs.
""

ooc -- Sorry for the wait!  I've been absent forever x_x;
Zyanya found an Aloe vera plant.

@Tiamat @Lena @Kiada
even if you're lost you can't lose the love because
it's in your heart

Magic & Force allowed, barring permanent changes or death.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
a bright star, so no one lets you down
I will shine to guide you.
Tiamat listens as Lena begins their little lecture, educating them of the benefits of herbal knowledge. She nods her head a little, agreeing wholeheartedly with every word, and wanting the filly and small mare to realize the importance of this information. It has only been about half a year since the ocean mare had been promoted to the position of Time Mender—for years before then, she had no magic, no remedial powers, and no divine gift of healing. With glaring clarity, she remembers the helplessness she had felt when thrown in the wake of blood and destruction, with no miraculous magic within her power.

She had never felt so small, so incapable—and it had nearly torn her glass heart apart.

Only by throwing herself into the study and proficiency of herbal knowledge did she pull herself together. It had been no easy or quick journey, but ultimately Tiamat had realized that, with nature’s blessing, she would never be so helpless again. Even now, with the Time God’s blessing of mending, she finds herself turning to nature first—to the plants and shrubs around her, to what the earth has provided. Granted, there are many fatal injuries that only magic can repair (and in those circumstances, she had to remember to swallow her own pride and accept that she cannot do everything alone), but she could never be completely and utterly helpless again.

With white eyes shining with these convictions, the blue mare watches as the spotted filly bounds away eagerly at Lena’s challenge. Her heart warms seeing such youth so keen to learn, knowing that this is something the girl will (hopefully) carry with her the rest of her life. Not long after she had leapt away, the filly calls out her finding. Tiamat shifts her weight, preparing to answer her anxious summons, though the arrival of a familiar face distracts her. “Nox!” The ocean mare smiles happily, reaching out to welcome the scarred black stallion. “Thank you, my friend. You certainly look better than the last time we met,” there is a sort of soberness that leaks into her words, unable to forget the image of him standing in the firelight, bloodied and suffering.

Listening quietly when Nox enlightens them about the deathly qualities of the choke cherry tree, she watches his blemished face, pride and happiness swelling within her heart. How far he has come! It delights her to see him thriving with knowledge so good and beneficial—a capability she has always seen within him, no matter how much he has tried to deny it. “It’s important to be aware so we can be safe,” she nods when he finishes, brushing her muzzle against his shoulder before another call seizes her attention.

Noticing the ice-frosted mare a few paces away, Tiamat glances towards the filly, making sure her finding is being addressed, before the blue mare turns towards Zyanya. Walking to the smaller mare’s side, her glittering egg ever hovering at her shoulder, she inspects the odd plant. “That is an aloe vera plant. Interesting, isn’t it?” She smiles at her herd mate. “Aloe vera has many, many uses—from easing headaches, to breathing difficulty, to arthritis—although the most common (and arguably the most effective) use is for the skin,” pausing for a moment to allow her words to settle before continuing, Tiamat turns her attention to the plant.

“The lower leaves are the best to use—” Reaching down, the blue mare plucks a lower leaf gently from the plant, placing it on the ground and slicing the soft skin with her hoof; within the shallow cut, it glistens with moisture, emitting a subtle but pleasant smell, “—the gel inside can be rubbed over the skin. It has been known to relieve dry patches and itching, but the aloe vera plant isn’t nicknamed the ‘burn plant’ by coincidence.” She laughs lightly to herself, raising her head to Zyanya again, “It subdues the pain of burns as well as encourages the damaged skin to heal. Unfortunately, it doesn’t store well like many other herbs—for it to be effective, it should be fresh.”

Pressing her lips together, the ocean mare falls silent, knowing that she’s just poured out more than enough information for the pale mare. She is open to answer any more questions, hoping that Zyanya wouldn’t hesitate to speak should she be confused or curious. However, Tiamat can’t help herself, and issues another inquiry: “Are you a new healer in the Basin?” A smile softens her lips, white eyes glittering beneath the light of the sun. It is an honest and unassuming question—they are on a healers’ mission, after all.

notes; YAY 200 posts! :D
“Speech.”

Speaks directly to @Mortuus Nox & @Zyanya tagging @Lena because it's your turn<3 | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Lena

Her heart swelled as they responded to her request, and she paid careful watch as they wandered and discovered, as they opened their minds to possibilities, to ventures beyond magic, to being able to forge onward even when they felt lost and incapable (because they’d always be more than that, and she wanted them to see, to know, the feeling of success, of assuaging, of mending, right through their kind, compassionate cores). She waited, patient and enduring, listening to Mortuus Nox, nodding in agreement to his diligent discourse on the danger in their surroundings. “We must always be observant of the unknown. That’s why learning about each and every plant you come across is vital. Some herbs, despite their poisonous entities, can still be useful in small doses. We need to be aware of the risks and rewards.” A mistake, an error, could be costly and devastating; and those they intended to aid shouldn’t meet with further complexities or wounds. Her eyes fell to the choke cherry tree with its bright, inviting berries and she pondered over the methods of those less virtuous than them.

But she didn’t dwell on it for long, because no sooner had she’d given them a task did the spirits of the hour rise to the occasion, and her smile appeared again, following the traces of Kiada’s youthful clamor and excitement. While Tiamat tended to Zyanya’s discovery, Lena wandered to the cherub, gazing upon the plant. Its blue berries were an indication of its name, and the Mender leaned closer, grin wide and encompassing, smiling indulgently at the girl and her grand finding. “These are juniper berries,” and she pointed to several of the little fruits dangling from the pines and needles with her muzzle. “They can be used for several things, like stimulating appetite, and a remedy for rheumatism and arthritis.” There were a few within the Basin, Albrecht in particular, she thought could benefit from the little berries, perhaps steeped or crushed into his favored food. Her gaze lingered from the herb to the girl, whispering like they were embroiled in some secret conspiracy, one eye winking in amusement. “Would you like to bring some home?”
@Kiada @Mortuus Nox