the Rift

[OPEN] A far off reason.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
A haggard reflection gazes back to me, a man mired with dirt and grime.  The weight of my travels shows easily in the dust collected over the once pristine white of my wing and leg, with a myriad of small items clinging to my mane and tail.  Like a strange creature caked and coated with the earth, I stand on the edge of a strange realm.  Only the mirrored image of my eyes rings forward a memory of my own face, though they look lifeless now despite the familiarity.

I drift my eyes upward, looking over the flatland with a detached sort of interest.  I am not tempted to explore, to get lost in the waters which reflected the sky.  Instead, I think of the way the horizon becomes invisible here, how the world shifts about its axis constantly.  It is a nauseating feeling, one I do not appreciate.

The smell of salt fills my senses, knowing these waters to be filled with the substance, a small outlet of the sea not far from here.  The lack of greenery, even in the budding season of autumn, attests to the fact that the earth, weighed down by salt, has been poisoned beyond repair.  A similar tactic had been used in Eikkahn, choking the food supply of our enemies and starving many, driving some into the open where they met their promised death before getting one mouthful of grass.

A bitter memory, one that reinforces the nausea in the back of my throat.  Caustic and violent, my past haunts me often these days.  Though, it is unusual that I feel this strange sort of regret.

The entry into Helovia had sparked many things I care not to think about.  First, the near death experience brought a ghost into my visions, her sweet voice tugging on what few strings still bound my heart in place.  Next, permeating my very soul, a sadness.  Years passed silently since I mourned, yet here they were, old scars festering in a new land.  The frown deepens on my lips as I stand on the precipice of the salt mirror, gazing into myself with reproach.
I hated it.
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

The reunion with her brother was something the doe hadn’t quite been expecting. Yet, it was welcomed and so emotional for the dappled woman. She had spent nearly a year here in Helovia, seeking her brother and always seeming to find herself in the wrong place at the wrong time – but not this time. No, instead, she foolishly managed to cut herself across the sharp bladed glass that littered the Edge’s borders and had the filly that appeared seek out a healer. That very healer, the doe remembered the filly call “daddy”, and while it was heartwarming the child’s father was a healer – she hadn’t quite been expecting to see the caramel stallion, her only full blooded relative in a sea of relations within their family.

It infinitely made her mood better, lighter, stronger, but she couldn’t contain the wanderlust that her heart desired. She trotted along the Halcyon Flats, enjoying the mirrored reflections and the turn in the weather as the soft salty breeze billowed through her darkened mane and tail. The dapples were bright against her monochromatic hide, but nothing was quite as bright as the tree branches that grew out from the white dun line that travelled across her spine. She surveyed the land ahead of her, heavy dual antlered head swinging back and forth before she gently looked down to her compass she carried with her, making sure the trinket was safe and still there against the flesh of her strong broad chest.

Soon, she noticed a figure on the horizon. Dark against the bright sands and reflective waters of the earth, but still light enough to almost blend in. Curiously, the mare trotted forth – her emerald gaze set tightly on the figure as she approached. When she was a respectful distance away, she nickered to the Pegasus. “Hello!” Her voice was a cheerful melody across the wind, a smile placing itself among her pink snipped lips. Oh, how she was so content and excited to finally have a home that she was beginning to be more outgoing toward strangers. Though it was rare when she did come across them, it seemed. Her first few encounters were easy, just friendly conversation, but when she met up with the scarlet Pegasus among the Secret Grove, well, euphoria ensued and encased itself around the two of them. What a wonderful, simplistic release, though Aelfwine knew that her brother wouldn’t approve. So instead, she kept the man a secret and turned her attention to the stallion that stood before her. Would he be another friend? Or another secret?

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

@Ryouta weird turn, but basically Aelfwine likes friends but she can be a bit promiscuous as well. Hopefully Ryouta doesn't mind a flirt occasionally ;D xD
Also thanks for starting this Tai <3

Tai
She came.

Like a thundrous summer storm hitting a peaceful meadow, the word tore across the silence and caused a shuddering hiss to utter from my lips, unbidden.  My head snaps toward her, caught off guard by her sudden approach as I gazed blindly into the reflection of my own hideous countenance.  Viewing her in a glare, my mismatched eyes clinging over the color of her coat, reminiscient of wooded trees in the shade and lines with dark, satin tresses.

I exhale, finding my moment of quiet self-loathing shattered by the reality that, while I am alone here, I could never be fully separated from the rest.  They crawled over the surface of the world, seeking out company, seeking the touch of flesh, the words of another.  My ears fall back on my skull, briefly, in my attempt to rein in the caustic words fluttering on the edge of my mouth.

I swallow them hard, feeling the acid of them burning the back of my throat on the way down, sparing her brilliant face.

She was definitely pretty, with jewel like emerald eyes contradicting the dull palette of the rest of her coat.  Yet, that pleasant visage does nothing to improve my mood.  If anything, I find her chirpy attitude and delicate, feminine body all the more annoying.  As with most women, I find myself at a loss of what to say in their presence, perhaps more so than those of my own gender.  It is no less a struggle with this pretty thing, with lively green eyes and bright smile.  "Hi," I say curtly, turning my head away from her, looking out over the glassy surface of the water.  My voice is dry and cracking from disuse, not accustomed to speaking much these days.

I am a grisly excuse for a companion, covered in the debris of my travel with a wild, unkempt appearance.  Yet, somewhere, I know that she will expect more from me that a gruff response, a hesitant acknowledgement of her existence.  "I'm Ryouta."  The name is offered to this wooden nymph, the silence following a silent invitation for her own.  I do not expect her to withhold the information, as most within the realm of Helovia seemed to be forthcoming with their names and other niceties.

I make the best attempt at a smile I can manage, but the expression is hollow.  The upturn of my lips radiates that which resides in my heart - ice and a great void.  The expression matches my eyes, though they glimmer with annoyance at her abrupt appearance still.

ooc -- No problem!  Ryouta is pretty rough to everyone, without prejudice.  xD
良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

She moved like a shadow on the wind, dark and monochromatic as she danced along the reflective surfaces, splashing little puddles in her wake. Her cloven hooves skated across the ground in her approach, and her emerald gaze looked for Ryouta’s face, seeking out the warm tones that lined his body. And when she approached, he noticed her but uttered a simple “hi” before looking away. A small frown crossed her features, but determination lined within her eyes. She glanced around for a second, wondering if perhaps she was interrupting something between him and perhaps another. But as she looked upon the earth in all distances and gazed upon the sky for more winged creatures, she was left alone with him. And so her cheery smile grew once more upon her pink snipped lips. Then, he acknowledged her presence and it kept her intrigued.

I’m Ryouta.” He offered his name, Aelfwine smiled with a slight dip in her heavy crowned head. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ryouta.” She noted, glancing over his features for a second or two before returning her emerald gaze to his face. Noticing his mismatched eyes and rugged appearance, she wanted to praise him for it instead of shy away like most mares she’d met. Aelfwine was a traveler, a dreamer, and loved to get lost in the woods. She was more than completely fine with a thin layer of dust over caked mud, crossing her appearance, turning her dappled pelt from greys and whites and melding them into some sort of bronze, rustic appearance. So as she looked upon Ryouta, she thought that perhaps she could find a friend in him.

I’m Aelfwine.” She began, shifting her weight on her cloven hooves and flickering her tail against her mismatched socks. “Are you looking for something?” She asked with a tilt of her head, turning her gaze away from him directly after the tilt and focusing her attention to the earth where he had been looking. If he had lost something, perhaps she could help him find it. Or, if nothing else, find some sort of challenge in getting the man to speak to her.

@Ryouta omg he's great <3 She's dubbing him a challenge she must figure out. ;D

Tai
It's a pleasure to meet you, Ryouta.  I am Hana.

For a brief moment, her words are reflected by this strange mare, and I close my eyes.  I want to shake this dream from my head, dispel the ghost floating between our pair of bodies before the ache in my chest began again.  I shudder inwardly, though not visibly in the light of day, willing my body to still and my breathing to remain even, unchanged.  Even on the best of days, this mare could never be her.  The grey toned pelt would never stand to match her pristine white, her green eyes nothing but putrid vomit in comparison to the soft, blue skies of Hana.

The fake grin falls from my lips instantly, the only movement aside from the briefest moment my eyes closed.
I do not wish to think of her, to sully her memory with my present state.

Carefully, oh so carefully, I place her porcelain memory back on the shelf of my mind, taking care not to smear or alter the perfect image of her.  Then, I look at Aelfwine with a sneer.

It was not her fault.
Though, in my company, usually no one is at fault but myself.

The verdant eyes stare at me intently, their gaze piercing through my sneer and leaving me with a sensation that she had seen into my thoughts.  I did not like it.  "No," I say flatly in response to her query.  The word is abrupt, almost as much as her arrival had been, but this time I make no attempt at reaching out to her from behind my guarded walls.  I found her troublesome, reminding me of her while being someone completely different.  Maybe it had been the softness of her voice or the tone in which she spoke the words, but either way I resented the fact that she tugged on my heartstrings and made me feel so invaded.

Observing her from my inner watchtower, I cannot help but notice how idiotically innocent her actions were.  Without waiting for a reply, her eyes began to scan the ground around my hooves, searching a nonexistent item I had never lost.  Helovia was full of idiots willing to help you for no damn reason.  Ashamin had received nothing but a curt thanks for guiding me to Seanan, who healed my shoulder without payment.  Even Lyanna had offered the same, despite her obvious dislike of my behavior.

I wonder momentarily if someday the sun would melt away the ice in my chest and reveal an idiot like the rest.  I think not, but you know what they say.
Maybe when hell freezes over.

良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

The dark tines cast long thin shadows across the mare’s neck – a slight wound was healing beneath her jaw of her attempts of making her way around the littered glass on the Edge’s borders, but the doe thought nothing of it. For now, it stayed a dark little line against the greyness of her pelt, a tiny papercut type cut scabbed over in reds and blacks that marred her weathered yet otherwise flawless appearance. She was rough looking, much like Ryouta was in ways. She carried herself a bit more cheerfully ever since meeting her brother once again, but she did wear the thin layer of sand, the pelt that stuck up in odd places, and little twigs that had managed to tangle themselves in her mane and tail, regardless of how many times the tree marked woman tried to remove them.

And yet, when she asked her question to him and he replied with a stiff ’no’, her brows furrowed briefly. Her pale face swinging away from him, feeling the sensation that perhaps he just didn’t want to be around her. But of course Aelfwine wasn’t going to fall for that trick. She had done nothing wrong, other than begin a simple conversation. And if he decided he wanted her to leave, well, the doe figured he could use his ‘big boy’ words and just tell her to leave – even then, she might not. She loved a challenge, and he seemed to pose one toward her whether he thought he had or not. And with that, the mare nodded to him with a small smile, something opposite and perhaps a bit more optimistic than his sneer he cast in her direction. She wasn’t going to back down, though. The stallion was nearly the size of her, though while he was paired with extra appendages with feathers and plumes to contain his weight in flight, she was capable with antlers and tines that were sharp enough to impale someone who crossed her – numerous times of course.

Nevertheless, she shifted her weight and turned her head away from Ryouta before taking a few steps ahead of him, swaying movements along the branches that highlighted her hips before she turned around to face him. Pale ears tipped forward as she let her emerald gaze take him in once more, aiming to capture those dual colored eyes. “Well, I thought I’d help you out. But I guess I can't, huh?” She questioned, her tone taking on a bit more of a demanding tone. In her mind, if he didn’t want her to talk to him or help him, then she was sure he was waiting for someone who could do that. In no way could she know that she was interrupting a memory of the past, one of which struck Ryouta deep within. No, so she stood there acting the fool as per usual, her emerald gaze waiting to see if something would spark, if she would get aggression from the man. Oh, how she loved a spicy conflict.

@Ryouta sorry for the speed. xD

Tai
Persisting, like a fly buzzing around your ear and flapping its wings incessantly, slowly driving you insane.  At first, my short answer had set her face twisting into something ugly, wrinkling her brow and making her turn.  I thought, maybe, I had upset the doe enough to have her shy away, but something mischievious drew up in her countenance.  I withhold a sigh, not wanting to provoke her further.

After all, even though the scar is still pink from recent healing, I am not in excellent shape.  The herbs given by Seanan and reapplied by myself had aided toward my recovery, yet I am not the machine built for murder that I had been months before in Eikkahn.  Despite the fragile appearance of this mare, I am wise enough to be wary of the pointed crown of horns decorating her head.  Daa'hn had only needed one to nearly kill me.

The grin building on her lips receives nothing but a cold, impassive look from my eyes, nothing of the heat left from my previous sneer.  It had taken a moment to get my emotions in check.  I do not wish to indulge whatever she is planning, formulating silently behind that furitive glance.

When she sways forward I almost believe her gone, relieved in the moment, until she turns, her viciously green eyes staring at me with defiance.  For the first time, I notice the branches decorating her ass, and I think it strangely fitting.  Maybe, with more innocent eyes, I would have thought her some forest nymph here to play tricks on me.  Instead, I know she is just some stubborn bitch.  "What makes you believe I need help?" I say, my voice dripping with venom despite the nonchalant expression worn on my face.  I had only been standing at the edge of this mirror, staring into myself with reproach, before she bumbled over with her bright voice.

Annoyed yet ever so slightly intrigued why this girl thinks me a damsel in distress, when I am nothing more than a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing.
I guess this is the gift afforded by anonymity.  I find it only slightly better than infamy.

ooc -- Nonsense!  I live the lightspeed posting life.  :)
良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

Oh and it was just the reaction Aelfwine was hoping for. Her gaze locked onto the figure of the Pegasus stallion, watching and waiting as his words dripped from his lips, laced in venom and malice. Where others might’ve skipped off, avoided the beast with all their might, Aelfwine loved to play with fire. The doe skipped toward him, sharp cloven hooves moving across the reflective surfaces made of pools of water along the Flats. But instead of stopping in front of him as she had done before, she only slowed her pace and made a slightly large circle around the male. A smirk crossed her pink snipped lips, and where her original innocence had granted her approach and curiosity, now was an entirely different game. Her head was tilted slightly upon him, aiming to make a full circle around the stallion.

Oh, I don’t know.” She began, her voice taking on a faux innocence. “I don’t know many people that stare at pools of water alone.” She began, a bored expression crossing her face as she rounded toward his front. “I was on my own for a while, you know. I never did that.” She proclaimed, her tail flicking across her hocks in the expression of sheer boredom as it made its way across her face, mimicking the look in the glaze that seemed to appear across her emerald orbs. Her ears spread a bit flatly across her skull, but she still found the time to shake her head slightly with the smirk beginning to return.

So what are you really doing out here?” She questioned as she finished shaking her head, ebony tassles tangled themselves ever so slightly among her onyx horns before falling over one of her eyes, her gaze was bright and almost enticing, doing her best to egg the stallion on to tell her something he might not tell anyone else. Well, why not? It would be their little secret, after all. She loved her secrets.

@Ryouta yisss <3

Tai
I could tell her my story.

I could tell her that I despised the flesh clinging to my bones, how it trapped me within this life I no longer wished to continue.  I could tell her about how, even when I die, eternal damnation will wrap itself around me in a horrific embrace, instead of the soft velvet of her neck.  I could tell her about my parents, how they died in an imperial ambush that near cost my life as well, before it all started.  I could tell her about how everyone I ever cared for died before my eyes, bleeding into the earth freely, whispering in their last moments to me.  I could tell her about the way light disappeared from the eyes of the dead no matter how feverently you prayed to god it would stay.  I could tell her about how I became the monster, snuffing out lights and moving about my former home like a villain.
I could.
But I won't.

Instead, I meet her devious gaze with one flat and measured.  "If I were an ugly hag, I guess I wouldn't much like my reflection either," the line is a joke, though there is no outward sign of it.  There is no childish glint in my eyes, no crack of a smile, nothing.  I resign myself toward the inner walls surrounding me, guarding those from the outside world from what lurked beneath the man in unkempt threads.

I care not for the circle she creates, reminding me vaguely of the vultures which circled about in the sky all those years ago.  The sign of death, a silent dance letting everyone know another life, or perhaps far more, had been lost.  I have no intention of being some carcass, being torn asunder from limb to limb, muscle to muscle, until only a skeleton remains.  I have no earned nor do I deserve death, though it may come for us all in time.

Her question pries into me, along with those green eyes that would be dancing in my nightmares for weeks to come.  They were brilliant yet mocking.  I have no intention of sharing my inner workings with a child who does not know when to hold their tongue, tuck their tail, and run away.  "I have no where else to be," I say, my voice just as flat and even as my face, though my eyes hold an icy glare that is unmistakable.

Her game of cat and mouse, where I am presumed by this idiot to be a mouse, grows tiring.  "What about you, baishunpu?  Harassing strangers is how you get off?" The same even tone is used, but the blackened words reveal how annoyed I am under the surface of it all.  Even resorting to my native tongue, something I rarely do unless delirious with infection, would show any who knew me well (i.e., no one) that I'm pissed off.

ooc -- baishunpu: streetwalker
良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

Perhaps she should have regretted the words as they slipped past her mouth – or maybe she could’ve taken it as something different, something interesting. But no, the reaction she garnered was something that she should have been expecting – but instead she wasn’t exactly predicting the personal attack. Her ears swiveled, pinning momentarily against her skull before a small laugh escaped her lips. “Ugly hag” had caught her attention, and it was insulting as much as it was simply funny to her. She didn’t think she looked like an ugly hag, no. That would be something better situated for someone that appeared as though they had no place to be, to purpose. Oh, she had a purpose though. And thus, having such an end in sight, she knew she wasn’t one to resemble much of a hag. “Oh, that hurts.” She admitted, stifling another little giggle.

But the stallion wasn’t done, and Aelfwine nearly watched in anticipation of his next set of words. But it was bit more honest, carrying that vicious glare as though it was like daggers stabbing into the dappled pelt of the antlered girl. She tilted her head slightly, pondering what she could even say in response to him with that. Everyone had somewhere to go, or at least they should. Even if they thought they didn’t have anything, she knew that deep down everyone had the power to do whatever they wanted. They just needed to let go of the strings connecting them to such sadness. Before she could speak to him, he piped up once again, tossing in a strange nickname that caused Aelfwine’s ears to flicker in uncertainty until the last half of his sentence made her smile lightly. “No. I like a little help, though.” She winked to him before shaking her head, shifting her weight and returning her attention back to him.

You know, you don’t have to be alone, Ryouta.” Her voice had taken on a softer tone, no longer the pointed and blunt harassing phrases she had put together. This was earnest and honest, despite all the horrible things he wanted to call her. She was used to hearing strange words and mean phrases, but it was easy for the doe to forget about them and not take them to heart when she had a family to return to. And despite everything she said, she wished everyone else had the luxury of having someone they could trust.

@Ryouta

Tai
I had served my purpose in this world long before coming to Helovia.

For all intents and purposes, the moment her breath ceased in her chest, mine did as well.  Now, all my actions remained driven by the need, the voracious and ever present will, to drive myself into oblivion for failing so miserably.  I am biding time, living days like a ghost.  I leave nothing behind in those I meet, I touch no hearts, and I keep mine far from reach.

The lively expressions and sounds issuing forth from Aelfwine are a luxury I cannot afford.  The annoyance building behind my mask of detachment stems from that difference, I suppose.  A part of my soul envies her for being so vibrant, so alive.  The other part wants to keep her damned cheer and delight as far away as possible, as though she were emanating a poisonous gas choking my lungs.

She seems perplexed by my lack of purpose, lack of home, lack of family, lack of whatever the fuck kept her walking this earth.  Baka, I think silently as her head tilts, her observation not waning.  I am being treated like a puzzle, with her eyes and ears seeking any information I might leak unintentionally.  I hate the sensation, the invasion of my privacy.  I would rather she be like anyone else - scoff and leave me alone with my bitter mood and sour tongue.  Instead, she remains.
Laughing.
Teasing.
Digging.

Not taking offense to my comment, she winks.  The girl nonplussed, completely riding out the insults, the dirty insinuations, owning them.  The annoyance lingers, clawing its way from the back of my mind and growing.  A frustration builds in my chest and makes me loose a single, short sigh into the air.

Then, she slips.

Her words reveal the kind heart underneath the devious girl's flesh.  For a fleeting moment, I almost consider being nice to her in return. Then, I realize, it would garner nothing. Not for me, and especially not for her. I had nothing to offer anyone except death. I turn away from her, moving for the first time since her arrival, taking careful steps further into the maze of the reflective lake.  "Did it ever occur to you that I want to be alone?" I ask, looking back at her with a somber expression.  My eyes bleed the first soft emotion of our interaction, betraying the steady delivery of my question.  A mournful sadness flickers briefly from them, before returning to the same icy glare I had pointed at her plenty already.

"I have no desire to make friends or family, so piss off."

ooc -- baka: idiot
良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

Her ears stayed forward, focused on the Pegasus in her dark shadow charm. Obviously he wasn’t finding it nearly as entertaining as the doe was, and perhaps part of that edged her ever closer to the stallion – curios to find out what made that simplistic metallic box of a heart tick. And so, she watched, studying his face the best she could amid the sea of reflective pools and splashing waters below that seemed to garner his attention more than she had. And that partially bothered her as well – was he vain enough to look into his own reflection, to mull in his own thoughts and simply stare at himself instead of wanting to talk with someone new.

Perhaps the Pegasus could learn a thing or two!

Instead, he turned from her and she lifted her pale heavy crowned head to watch as he moved further away from her – stopping momentarily to say some sort of smart ass comment back to her. And she watched, waited for him to stop like some sort of puppy hanging onto every last word of “I’ll be back, you sit still and be quiet.” But like any puppy, Aelfwine never listened. She wouldn’t be tamed as such. And when he said he wanted to be alone she only minutely shook her head. The doe caught his gaze, however, but from her distance she missed the slight sadness that flickered among the icy glare. All the dappled doe could do was step forward once, allowing him the grace of his distance. “I mean, that’s fine and all but if you want to live your life turning into a hermit crab be my guest.” She began, shifting her weight upon her cloven hooves and flicking her ebony tail against her hocks in annoyance. “You’re just like everyone else in this place.” It was close enough to a growl to show the frustration that peaked within her usual calm demeanor. Her gaze staying on his silhouette, perhaps dropping to view his shadow among the wavering pools of reflections.

@Ryouta

Tai
Had she spoke her thoughts, I may have laughed in her face.

Someone new?  In the world there exists three separate kinds of people.  There was the despicable, woeful, worthless me.  There was the ever perfect and forgiving her.  Then, there was everyone else.  Despite whatever this mare wished to believe, she was one of many face I had already met, with the same hopeless possibilities.  I could waste my time, my energy conversing with someone who would gain nothing from me.  I could attack her, like I had many other in my past, disfigured that face and pop the brilliant green eyes from her skull.  I could simply ignore her, which she had made impossible.
So, I guess today I will waste some time.

Because, which you may have already guessed by the beginning of this encounter, she is not one to give up easily, if at all.  I hear some light splashes from behind me, even as I turn my head back forward to continue walking, before her voice cuts across the distance she afforded me.  I want to growl in frustration, to show her why you let sleeping dogs lay, yet something within me wanted to treat Helovia as a new place.

I wanted to become better here, instead of killing whatever scraps of my soul were left.
I did not want to resort to violence, to tear flesh from bone, to watch lights drifting into the sea of ether.

Still, the last set of words makes me want to cry, makes me want to laugh.  "How I wish that were true," I call back to her, not bothering to turn around to view her anymore.  If I were like anyone else in this realm, I would feel the need to help others.  I would be able to overcome this sharp pain in my chest, burning with every inhale.  I could smile with ease in the face of newcomers.  Had I been fated to a life like any other, I might have children by now, with beautifully sculpted faces just like hers.  My parents might have lived to see them, to watch them grow into adults underneath the sun.  Were I gifted a fate like any other's, I could be happy.
I would have a home.
I would have a family.
I would have a life.

Unfortunately, though, I have the bitter regret that eats at my mind every day.  I have the knowledge that, were I born stronger, faster, she would still be alive.  I have the guilt that it should have been my body, twisted and mangled staring up at the night sky.

Because I was not fated a life like anyone else.
良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

He didn’t understand how he was like everyone else the doe had come across. It was apparent to her, considering she felt as though there weren’t many like herself – so open and willing to speak with others. Perhaps it’s because of the loneliness that dug its way into her chest from seeing how happy Tilney had been with Arah and his daughter, how happy the caramel Doctor had been without her being there at all. Perhaps it was because everyone she came across seemed to be hostile in one way or another – aside from Gaal of course, that was simply just a good time and she never saw him again. But this was different, she watched his tried departure as his words left his maw and all she wanted to do was return a glaring stare back, hard enough to bore into the frozen chamber of a heart he had, and somehow magically will him to think better.

But all the doe could do was stamp her ivory sock and pale cloven hoof into the waters beneath. “Oh, but it is.” She began, calling after him in his leave. “You’re just like all the others that live in the past. ‘Oh, I can’t do this because of where I came from.’ Or, ‘I can’t change the way things are, it’s who I am.’ I hate to break it to you, but you do have a choice.” Her voice vibrated the air as it crossed to his back. “You can choose whether or not you want to dwell on the shit show that happened in the past, or you can try and change yourself and your surroundings to prevent the aforementioned shit show from happening again. Maybe you’d be happier that way.” And with that, the mare snorted, feeling as though the anger that laced its way through her blood had begun to turn poisonous.

@Ryouta

Tai
I was born a meek child.

Words found themselves caught in my throat more often than not.  I had no friends to speak of, and I clung to the side of my mother like an extra set of appendages.  My parents had worried about my development before their untimely demise.  The quiet child, saved only by the cold glare and steady words of my mother, the last thing she ever said to me, grew even more solitary.  I wandered, an orphan amid a land still bright and flourishing despite the evident war plaguing the lands.

In the crowd, the sea of unfamiliar faces, I had met her.  She spoke to me first, despite looking in my direction with sightless eyes.  The meek child grew quickly into a man, having a purpose of life, a direction in which to begin.

Aelfwine, of course, knows nothing of this truth in my past.  Her words, intending to berate me for my lost hope, my lost passion, to place the blame upon me for my current situation are heard, but not taken seriously.  I find it very difficult to take to heart the advice given without understanding my motivations, my history. My hooves do not slow their steady amble away from her, delving further and further into the mirror of the sky.  There is no flinch, no wound stricken across my frame as she attempts to throw verbal daggers into my back as I leave.

When she finally clamps her mouth shut, a process which apparently takes this particular wench quite some time to complete, I turn my head to look back at her.  My expression is flat, unmoved by her verbal assault or poor attempt to give advice.  My lips upturn, another callous smile, as I look at her.  Her body fumes with frustration evident even from here, and I think I like her pissed off more than when she first appeared, chirpy and bright.

I make a decision, one I cannot quite explain.  Maybe, I cannot stand the thought of losing an argument, or maybe I felt that she deserved some piece of information for all her efforts.
I don't know.

"She is already dead," I say, loud enough to carry the distance between us.  The tone is matter-of-fact, clinical and detached.  The smile doesn't waver, staying in place even after I gave a small insight into my heart.  "Happiness is no longer an option."  With that, I turn back around, gaining speeding and unfurling my wings.  I begin to lift myself in the sky, for I know it is a place this chattering girl cannot follow.  My next destination is uncertain, the only thing decided is that it will be far from her.

ooc -- Ryouta is out.  Ty for the lovely thread, Skylark<3

良克
RYOUTA

@Aelfwine

Aelfwine

Aelfwine sighed, watching as he continued to walk away. Her words, she hoped, would allow him to stay around. Perhaps prove her wrong, but there was something that seemed to be a mix of defeat and frustration that lied beneath the flesh of Ryouta that pushed him away from her. And it was aggravating. All she wanted was to talk, to meet someone, to find a challenging individual and overcome them. And yet, she failed in her first attempt. She stopped walking toward him, ears tipped forward and listening as he turned back briefly to finally speak. “She is already dead.” Aelfwine’s brows furrowed. She didn’t understand how that could be a good enough reason. After all, her sister had died too and Aelfwine was determined to find happiness elsewhere.

Yet when she parted her lips for a return comment, he had already lifted his wings from his side, and began to take off. Officially leaving her among the depths of the Halycon Flats. She closed her eyes for a few moments, doing her best to let her frustrations meld into a mix of calm and collected, and yet seemed to fail. And so, in the opposite direction of where Ryouta had gone, she began to trudge her own way. Cloven footsteps falling hard against the ground as she pounded some of her anger out in the puddles that mirrored the land around her.

Thank you Tai <333