the Rift

[OPEN] well, shit.

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
The Fury of Fire

Oh how she should of known, how utterly careless she was!  There are a hundred other less appropriate words which flew around her mind as she grazed near the oasis, her tail lashed against her flanks as she toed closer and closer to the water's edge. She wasn't a doe eyed filly with naive innocence as an excuse, blind to the consequences of when one decided to have a little roll around in the hay with devilish stallions, or rather, one very handsome Sultan. If the thought of tiny hooves had invaded her lust fueled mind, she might've caught herself in time, and she wouldn't be where she was now.

Pregnant.

At first there had been a small twinge of denial from the amazonian. She simply had eaten her weight in tallsun fruits and was paying the price, her ass was fat because she'd eaten too much and not flown enough. That's what she'd told herself until her barrel expanded beyond simply dipping her hand into the metaphorical cookie jar after 12am on a mad munchie streak. No, she was pregnant. Pregnant to her Sultan no less, what would the herd think? No doubt when the foal came along, it would look every ounce like it's father's child. If Ampere came back? What of Sohalia? She certainly had no intention of competing with them for Gaucho's tender affection's, it had been a fun tussle to make patrol just that much more fun.

The thoughts plagued her and drove her to frustration, a loud snort erupted from her pierced nose as she tried to push them all to the side. Use her fat ass for something good and haul all the nasty, negative, berating thoughts off of a mental cliff and stamp on the clinging hooves of the ones that desperately tried to remain.

Instead, the negative thoughts changed and became ones of worry. She'd never been pregnant before, she'd never swelled with life, never given birth to it. She'd been a wild filly and a wilder mare, her child no doubt — or children. The sudden thought was a cold wake up, like iced water from the basin dropped on her head, Gaucho was notorious for siring twins. She'd heard as much, and seen it, all the various shades of dun on colts and fillies as they bounded around the throat speaking the language their Sultan did. "Well, shit." She cried out loud, wings flared to accompany her outburst. She hoped she wasn't in possession of twins growing within her inexperienced womb.

One would be wild enough, the thought picked up from moments before the stark stone was dropped, two would be courting chaos.

How her mother had dealt with her, she'd never know. She'd never get to ask, considering her mother was no more bones laid to rest in the thistle meadow, her ghost soaring in the lands beyond thier capability to understand. Her advice would of been music to her ears, and her company and expertise an invaluable asset as she spent the days getting wider and wider.

Her obsidian hooves reached the water, the cold liquid a welcome relief to her dark pelt. Neph exhaled a confused sigh, and stepped forward until her legs were submerged and allowed herself to relish the water some more. She probably looked a sight, she noted, to those grazing and idling around the only source of respite in the throat. If she was going to be grounded and effectively off of warrioress duty, she may as well enjoy her maternity leave as much as she could. So with that thought in mind, she trudged deeper and deeper, legs lifting in small jumps and allowing it to take her heart with it. Deeper she went, until her wings spread to help keep her float as she splashed across the oasis. Her pregnant form an amusing sight for those looking out into the churning waters.

Love, my territory of kisses and volcanoes.

open thread! come hang with a pregnant and confused Nephele.

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
The day had gone by rather slow for the rose grey mare there was nothing to be done, she was of no use. Sabia found as of lately she liked being of no use the mare had a lot to think about. Joining the Throat and deciding if she would stay forever was what was reeling in her brain. Sabia was so grateful for being taken in but there was so much of the world she wanted to see, could she do that and become a healer for the Throat?

Letting go of a long sigh Sabia folded her ears back onto her skull and flicked her tail in aggravation, there was no way she could think in this damn awful heat! Stomping through the grasses that she was grazing in Sabia made her way to the lake for a drink, maybe if she cooled down she could think.

When the mare reached the lake she lowered her maw for a drink allowing the cold soothing water to cool her throat and body.

Hearing splashing Sabia perked her ears and raised her head, water dripping from her mouth. Sabia's hearing was not that great but her sight was perfectly fine and what she saw perplexed her. In the middle of the lake seemed to be a Pegasus swimming across and it seemed to be rather large...pregnant guessed Sabia.

'Wait...what?' Sabia shook her head from side to side then looked again.

What she saw was correct a black mare swam in the lake. "What the hell...." Sabia took a step into the lake. "Excuse me but might I ask what you are doing?" She called out to the mare.
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  I hope you don't mind if I throw Sabia in! Ive been trying to get her in with others.

@Nephele
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
The Fury of Fire

Over the frothing waters, and the sound of water hitting her rune painted pelt, Neph's slicked ears caught the sound of a mare's voice — a mare's voice aimed at her. Her chiselled head turned with a graceful arch of her thick neck, and her dual coloured eyes settled on the rose grey mare with a twinkle of amusement. "Enjoying being pregnant." She replied simply, wings stretched further on the rolling waves to better show part of her swollen, squirming stomach. The child(ren) inside clearly none too pleased with their mother's playful anticts, tiny hooves pressed against her rounded barrel in complaint.

The more she peered at the other pegasus, the more she realized that she hadn't met or seen this mare before. Someone new, perhaps? Her wings gave a wet slap along with her legs as she took a leisured stroke towards her, but remained for the most part out in the water. Tallsun this year was particularly unforgiving, and be damned if she would forsake it for anything right now, even their Sultana and Sultan would have trouble prying the Warrioress from the water.

"Forgive me, but are you new to the Dragon's Throat?" Nephele asked curiously, head slightly tilted to the side. "I'm Nephele, a Warrior of the Throat, until well, I had a happy little encounter and found myself with a souvenir." She paused again, a thoughtful look peppered upon her face while a snort exhaled from her pierced nostrils. There was no time like the present in getting somewhat involved with making newcomers feel welcome, and she had been terribly absent of company as of late. "Would you like to join me?"

"talk"

Love, my territory of kisses and volcanoes.

@Sabia

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
Sabia had thought maybe the other mare hadn't heard her, but then to her relief the other Pegasus looked at her and even replied. Hearing her response Sabia chuckled flicking her tail in amusement. "I can see your enjoyment, you're practically blinding me" she called back.

The rose grey mare watched the other Pegasus swim closer and thought about moving closer to put less strain on her, she didn't.

Sabia was surprisingly amused at the mare's question, "yes I am new I'm Sabia...I'll be practicing to be a healer. " The mare listened to the other introduce herself, Sabia had yet to meet a warrior of the Throat Nephele would be the first. Sabia dipped her head in a more proper greeting, she liked Nephele already and only knew her name.

Sabia was surprised to be welcomed to swim with Nephele. "I would love to join you" she gave a delighted snort and splashed into the water. Once she was closer to Nephele she gave a small laugh "I don't usually meet new horses while swimming under the scorching sun" she said. However the water did feel great to her hot skin.

Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  

@Nephele
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!