the Rift

[OPEN] the babe with the power--what power?

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

…mighty Maeve, the conqueror
her two sons at her side,
sent her ships to seek the man
ne’re knowing he had died

Stood she there, upon the shore, 
dark beauty unrestrained.
to tame the power of the seas
and call him home again…

The voice was more than song, it left her mouth and disappeared into the wind in the world that it created. If one knew what to listen for, perhaps they could still hear Aisling's voice as a faint whisper but most would only hear the lap of water on the lake's bank, and the breathing of the three figures that seemed to stand there. A great black mare, tall and thick; battle hardened and crowned in bronze stood at the center, flanked by two stallions that bore a strong resemblance; all three seemed to gaze out at something unseen at the lake's center, but Aisling discovered her magic could not stretch that far. 

She wore the illusion like a cloak, standing where the black warrior queen seemed to stand as she tested her own limits. The song she had drawn from the old stories, taking a scene and crafting it to fit a tune. Up to this point the budding enchantress had only attempted minor tricks like adding rocks to the landscape or adding imagined instruments to accompany her songs. This was something else entirely, laying one scene above another, the sounds and sights altering themselves in a radial arch around her as she sang. The possibilities thrilled the little mare. Somehow she could see all at once, her sturdy white legs beneath her, and yet around them shimmered black legs far bigger than her own. When she looked to the shallow water at her feet, the calm waters only showed three hulking warhorses crowned with sharp horns. Even as she sang and saw for herself, Aisling wished that she had someone else here to test the force, the opacity of her illusion, for she suspected that as long as her song continued she would be obscured from all sight.
Table style by Tamme!

AAAWWWW YYEEAAAHHHH AIS IS TESTING HER MAGICCCC -metal guitar solo-
**illusions extends through entire post
@//Rexanna

EDIT: because skylark asked, though I'd clarify: "Mmmm, yeah struggled with how to make it clear in the post. The setting is the same, on the bank of the lake in the Basin, just the three mystery horses standing where Ais would be"
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
It was like any other day, the Tallsun heat bore down upon the Basin with a force through the thin air. But Rexanna was thankful it wasn’t like the previous year, where the heat blazed an inferno across the whole of Helovia leaving little to no respite for the lands she had just begun to call home. This season, however, marked a whole year in Helovia for the Thief. She had accomplished much, even if her mind refused her to believe in such ideas. She had come, found a home, a profession and excelled at it. Found love in a variety of different lands and even birthed children. It was exciting, and still ever so saddening. For the ghosts of her past returned to haunt her in more than one form. The face of her past, haunting her dreams and lurking upon every corner wishing her ill intent born from his psychotic mindset. Her old ways returning to haunt her, to push the man she loved to the edges and frays to grow further and further away from her. She had tried to go and see him, to tell him the wonderful news of their children together – only to be pushed away by those that wished for her never to return.

What a year it had been.

So the Thief stepped out of her cave, her children out and about and far more independent than she wished them to be. Her and her companion set out in tow, Marembo bouncing around the dusty earth at the ashen hooves of the Thief as they made their way out into the open lands of her home. She looked around as they walked, eyes skimming the mouths to the many caves that provided reprieve for the inhabitants of her home, wondering how many lived here that she hadn’t met before. And as she continued, she spotted a few figures standing by the lake. She stopped in her tracks, her companion bouncing around only to stop short and look in the direction the Thief had been staring. There were three figures, and none of which she recognized. Was there some sort of gathering? Some sort of meeting? For the warriors or the other sections perhaps? Had she been too far in her mind to notice new ranks emerge?

Rexanna danced her way over to the group, Marembo trailing behind her as he ran just about as fast as his tiny black paws could carry him. And when the Thief came to a stop, her eyes shifted over each figure as she placed a smile on her exotic striped face. “Hello!” She whinnied to them, stepping ever so closer. She was able to hear the gentle breathing of the beasts she had surrounded herself with, and as they looked upon the water to something in the distance, the Thief found herself squinting to try and see what they had been looking at. She had no luck, however, and returned her attention to the others that had gathered there with a bright eye. “I didn’t mean to interrupt, do continue.” She added in slightly, hoping she hadn’t interrupted some sort of meeting with vital information. But it was silent, eerily so. And she wished she knew what to do in these kinds of awkward situations. So she stood and waited, hoping they’d continue with whatever duty they were trying to fulfill.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Aisling i hope i did it right D: please let me know if anything needs to be changed <333
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

HOT was Eldala's favorite temperature...well..once she got used to the temperature changes that is. Hot water, steam, blazing heat that would make most huff and cry for shade? That was her shit once Tallsun reached full swing. Today was exceptionally warm for the Basin but, still, not nearly as hot as she wanted.

Her little hooves confidently glide over the rocky ground outside her cave now. Her head no longer hangs low, watching for stray rocks, but instead is raised up to better see the meadow in the middle of the valley. The spring flowers which had overtaken the valley earlier in the Cycle had given way to the sturdier summer types in all sorts of colors and scents. She might be struggling to find her happiness, her social self, once more but she'd come such a long way recently. The old filly she'd been was gradually changing, shifting, until there was no trace of who she'd been. All that remains is who she is now. The terrene mare glides confidently over the rocky ground down from her cave now. Her head no longer hangs low, watching for stray rocks, but instead is raised high to better gaze at the meadow in the middle of the valley. The flowers which had overtaken Aurora Basin's meadow earlier in the year have given way to sturdier Tallsun stock, those that bask in the struggle and the heat.

How strange that adulthood moved like the season cycle too. Agile legs take her at a brisk pace towards the lake. Well, she was initially going to pass the lake but there were three utterly terrifying creatures towering over Rexanna, the kind spy she'd met at the hot springs and seen at the herd meeting. Eldala's head quirks to the side and her pace slows to a wary walk. /Gods be damned, what is she doing?/ Helovia was a strange place. The older mares were so assured, so confident in their actions. She wondered if she'd ever be so brave, or so stupid, as to do something like what Rexanna was doing. Was there something from her past which removed such fear? The hazelnut mare want to keep going, pretend she hadn't seen a single thing, and continue on out of the herdland as planned.....but..../Shit, I should probably go over to see what's going on. She's the closest thing I have to a friend right now./

"Hello Rexanna....and others?" Her voice rolls out confident, but curious. If Rexanna is feeling particularly motherly she might note the apprehension which rolls beneath Eldala's words. But, refusing to act small in addition to being small, she continues brightly:  "How are you doing today?"

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox

The demonic soul wondered out of the depths of his cave, his home. Stone cold eyes watched the ground in front of his cracking hooves. The hell bound beast wondered if he should continue with his day and adventure out of the comfort of his home. Huffing softly the beast decided he should get out of the stone walls and go out into the beaming rays of the sun. His black scared pelt shifted and tightened with each step; as large muscles stretched from the slumber of night. Frost was gone and the world around him heated from the blazing mountain sun. Its unforgiving clutch grasped the Basin with smoldering temperatures; only to be relieved by the whispering mountain winds.

A deep voice mumbled and roared as he found the center light of the sun. “It's too fucking hot... .” Thick tangled tresses of his tail flicked lazily over the laced haunches as Nox made his way through the Basin. Pale eyes grew cold and stone covered as he saw three figures that he had not seen before. The icy pits of his soul frosted over any who looked upon the orbs of the ghostly stallion. His scared body grew closer and closer to two golden like figures that stood near the three creatures. A small amount of sweat started to bead under his thick heavy mane as the black demon moved in closer. A cold look went to the small mare that he had never seen before. Not a smile fell upon his face, just the look of death warmed over. Then his attention grew to the Golden mare he adored from the start. Her black marking glowed in the ray of light as her angelic voice rang in the air. A slightly warmed smile came to his maw as he stood on the other side of the golden mare. “ Do you know these people, or things?.” The words clawed their way to his mouth from his chest as his gaze fell to the two golden colored mares. He was not rude on purpose, he was just cold to others he did not know. The stone gaze fell upon the younger hazelnut mare and his word poured like blood from his mouth. “I believe we have not met before, I am Nox.” The demonic crown looked back to the three things in front of them waiting to see what they would say.

“Talk.”
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Eldala @Rexanna @Aisling

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

It was exhilarating, exquisite, to feel the thrum of of the magic coursing through her veins. The power of the Sun God’s gift that settled in her soul, swelling in her heart, in her mind and passing through her lips to create visions of untold complexity. With each attempt the magic grew, or perhaps she grew bolder in her use of it, pushing it farther, testing its limits with an intrepid enthusiasm. 

She could not use them to touch—that much she had already discovered—but so far it seemed that she could bend and shape what was seen and heard, even masking her own voice in silence. Though Aisling had carried out most of these magical experiments out on her own(only Johnny and Larue having seen the ins and outs of her small initial attempts) she wanted to confirm that the visions she created would be as effective on others. From her own perspective, she could somehow see the both the little world she created and the world she had built it upon, but perhaps this was a privilege of the creator.

She nearly dropped the illusion the moment she heard the familiar and ever-welcome ring of Rexanna’s greeting, but the little enchantress manages to contain herself and maintain the facade of the three great warhorses for a few moment further as Rexana was joined by two: found mare the color of butterscotch and wary of the specter of the three figures as well as a stallion wrapped in sinister. 

For a moment Aisling felt compelled to leave her illusion in place, to hide behind it so that this hurlking menace would not see her, but he greeted Rexanna with a familiarity that spoke to his good qualities (whatever they may be) and that consoled the white mare. It occurred to her that this one reminded her well of Diemos, with the same black sort of menace that made her just teeter on the edge of fear. Still, she could not let this opportunity pass…

Positively beaming with expectant delight she let the illusion fall away. The three hulking black figured dissolved like mist and in their place stood only Aisling, little but lovely with her long locks unbound and the sparkling black flute slung upon her shoulder. On a playful whim, she had the flute give a triumphant little fanfare andd then she waited for the reactions to come. A slightly impatient mare, however, she hardly gave them a moment before rambling herself and a rapid pace. “WOULD YOU BE SEEIN' THAT THEN?! I'm just giving it a trial now, you must tell me EXACTLY what it is that you saw AND heard!--OH! sorry!" She said, remembering that she'd met only one of her three audience members before "I am Aisling, pleaser teh meet ye both." She dipped her head to the two and them sent a warm smile at her fellow thief "Rexanna, 'tis lovely to see you again as well!"
Table style by Tamme!

Sorry for the wait on that one, back now :] @Rexanna @Eldala @Mortus Nox
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
Rexanna’s brows furrowed, watching the three creatures before her as they seemed to simply ignore her. She wanted to say something else, but soon she realized she wasn’t alone. Easily, she shifted toward Eldala’s gentle chimes for a voice, greeting her and seemingly wary of the others. “Eldala!” She greeted, reaching her pale muzzle out to gently bump noses in greeting as a smile grew onto her features. “I’m doing well, I was just meeting these equines.” She added in, turning her gaze back toward the war horses with a slight feeling of unease at their silence.  But again, it hadn’t taken long until Mortuus Nox appeared. He grew closer to her and she smiled toward him, reaching her own muzzle out again in greeting the stallion. “Nox! Hello. No I don’t know them, I was just trying to see who they were.” She noted, turning her attention directly to the creatures before her.

And just like that, everything began to fall away. Rexanna’s eyes grew wide, her heart began to beat a million times an hour. She stood frozen in a slight amount of fear until her eyes landed on Aisling, the equine bearing Johnny’s child that she had graciously and quickly accepted into the Basin. “O-oh… Aisling, well then.” She began to laugh, a giggle escaping her lips as she lowered her head to a more comfortable spot than where her fear had driven it. Perhaps Aisling’s fanfare from her flute or her words that slipped past in abrupt pleasure. “Well, I’ll be honest in saying I feel a bit awkward now.” She offered the mare a grin and a laugh, reaching out to brush noses with her as well – knowing full well the creatures were a product of the equines magic more than likely. “You did the illusion? It was really accurate.” She added in, tilting her head. “You could see them breathing, it looked like they were really here. They were a bit silent though, I wonder if you could make them speak?” She questioned, tilting her head to Eldala to see if she might have input.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Aisling awkward rex is awkward. xD @Eldala @Mortuus Nox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!