the Rift

Instability [Tamira]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

Should love ever find its way to my breast, I should believe in the finality of such a thing. I wanted it to sweep me away with thoughts of compassion and youthful existence. If I should ever face such a thing, I also believe that my everlasting faith would extend beyond realms to ignite wherever the bond should lead me. Grant me such a feeling and I shall honor it. Beyond me, the lands stretched out, beckoning me in the depths of the forest. I imagine the soft steps of such a love following me wherever I should lead, a constant warmth lighting inside my chest as we alight together to the possibilities of every moment shared across Helovia. To share your mind, your body, your soul, with another would bring meaning to this otherwise uneventful life of mine. However, it could also bring an earth shattering pain that dies only with your last breath… Only time would tell if I were ready for such a thing. Until then, I would devote my time to becoming a protector to those who resided in the Edge; angels beneath my wings until I was robbed of every thread that brought me such spirit on the battlefield.

Within the forest, I was shaded against the warmth of the sun and my skin bristled from the cold. But the beauty of such a place was nearly enchanting, as small stands of light fought their way to the forest floor to shine upon small weeds and dying foliage. Each shaft held sparkling fragments of frost that glittered as I passed. I could only imagine how it would feel to show another just what I saw when I was hidden away from the rest of the world, dancing along the outskirts like a ghost. Surely no one would notice the magic that eclipsed this forest as I did now, simply because life tended to get in the way of such small anomalies.

When the small path that had led me into the forest opened into a massive clearing decorated with trees towering to the heavens in an attempt to leave this life for another, I paused. It was a moment of time that had been frozen just like this, forlorn and yet beautiful. Perhaps I could lose myself here, drown in the complications of life and leave reality for the surreal parody of how I wanted to live. I extended the misshapen appendages that had formerly lain uselessly upon my back to stretch them out and over my spine, pretending I could lift myself from the earth. Dampened dreams were realized now, as the feeble structures resumed their place at my sides, forever unable to cast such a beast from the earth and into the heavens.

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

If only I could fly...

The thought was one that had often crossed my mind, though not necessarily in the most literal sense. Lately, though, having been around a variety of Pegasi, I was beginning to wonder what it would be like to soar through the clouds, completely and utterly free of the worldly obligations that tend to bog me down. I found myself watching their graceful flights with an increasing sense of envy. Recognizing this in myself, I fled my herd for a time, ashamed. I am not the jealous type, nor the type to spend my days longing for that which I would never possess. In reality, it wasn't the ability to glide along the currents of the earth that I desired, but the freedom that I was sure would accompany such a power. It was the escape from the ground below, the liberating loneliness that seemed present in the very bursts of wind that took the fliers away.

As I wandered the realm searching for - well, I'm not sure what I was searching for - but in any case, as I wandered my way into the deep forests of the southeast, my cranium began to ache in an uncomfortably familiar way. In that moment I became thankful for my jealousy, as it had run me far from my herd and my new home. The headache was usually a predecessor to a blackout, and as I had yet to mention my ailment to any of those back home, I was grateful to have gone away. With any luck, I would reawaken after with nothing to be held accountable for. I only hoped that I would not stumble across another in the dense woodland.

As though in ironic answer to my unspoken plea, through the trees horseflesh became visible. How I managed to see the dark-colored stallion in the poor lighting of the Frostfall forest was unknown to me until I drew nearer; only then could I take note of the true color of his pelt. A nice bay color, with wings folded along his massive back. This, however, would be a feature for me to observe another time. He towered over my scant 15.2 hands - not a small equine, but certainly tiny enough compared to the draft - and this brought to mind whispered stories of angry steeds and sinful deeds, used to scare the young faes into wariness upon meeting a stranger. I was no different, and despite the growing pain behind my plain chocolate eyes, I had tensed in the case I needed to escape.

I would place bets that I'd be able to outrun the monstrous stag in this forest, as the undergrowth grew into thick hedges and the trees wound together in tight spirals. It wasn't the kind of place that he would be able to easily navigate. But then there was the problem of my imminent blackout. Should I stay, or should I run? It was useless to stand there and debate with myself, in any case. He would already have seen me, and so it would be impolite to not offer even the slightest of greetings. As such, I raised my eyes to meet his - so far above mine! - and opened my maw to speak. "Hello, sir. I hope I haven't disturbed your evening with my wanderings." My voice was soft and kind - it rarely shifted from these tones, as that is the kind of fae I am. It is easily readable in my mannerisms and actions. Even Midas, the gentle knight from the Throat who had offered me a home, had clearly seen my caring tendencies. The thought brought a smile to my lips, furthering my sweet persona. I could just hope that this stallion was of a similar nature.

[W/C | 633]

THOR

The forest was silent now, the only sound of any real note being the occasional creek of sleeping timber. I was at peace with myself for the first time in ages and as I closed my eyes against a cool gust of winter air, I was immediately alerted to the quiet approach of another creature. The soft thud of hoof upon frozen ground caused my muscles to tighten and my ears to lay back upon m head. However, as she paced through the threshold, breaking away from the tree line, I was set at ease, for her face was friendly and quite exquisite. Her flaxen threads were worn with careful attention and her coat was a deep chocolate color, although it was very different from my own. Her words were soft and carefree which made me want to invite her closer and I did so by lowering my face and motioning for her approach.

Your company is much appreciated actually, isolation is certainly not a healthy habit that I’ve succumbed to. I’m Thor, Apprentice Protector of the World’s Edge. Does such beauty bear a name?” My honesty shocked my own ears but I was not ashamed of such audacity due to the surreal fantasy that resumed life around us. I was never so blessed with such a lightness in my heart and I was not so eager to dash this feeling away and I wanted to share it with my new guest assuming her personality shined just as bright as the sun that warmed us from above.

Shifting upon my back, misshapen appendages adjusted to a more soothing position and their frail appearance dampened my exuberance, as they had done many times before. There was no doubt that this brilliant creature had witnessed extravagant beasts of my own breeding with wings that would allow them to take flight. I relished the imaginary feeling of such a grace. The wind that would touch my face with the tender taste of freedom beckoned me from the ground and sometimes I could image what it would feel like to lift my hooves from the ground, a feeling of weightlessness haunting my mind and creating an unwanted pressure in my chest. Perhaps this feeling would better be named resentment or longing, I could not say which. I only knew that as I cast my gaze to the sky, it gave me great comfort to realize that it was hidden among the branches of towering oaks. At least now, I wouldn’t have to fantasize what it would feel like to take flight and scream against the winds with delight.

Grounding myself again, I recalled my selfish daydream and stored it away for later recognition. I could not be so rude as to lose myself while company was present. At this, a tinge of curiosity touched my tongue and I was eager to remind myself that my visitor may not be so delighted to encourage my pressing. But, as any host should know, making their guest feel comfortable was an important part to gaining their likeness. “If you don’t mind my prodding, may I ask what brought you to the Forest? Surely not to ponder the delicacies of such a damp, dark oasis?” A small smirk graced my massive lips and I couldn’t help the chuckle that bubbled up shortly after. Hopefully she would not find this gesture to be rude, but more so inviting. She was a truly inspiring character and I wanted her presence to remain as her lightness infected not only myself but the atmosphere that surrounded us.

[Ooc: Wow, this was scatterbrained but I hope it’s okay.]

[W/C: 605]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

I had yet to make many friends in this new land; in fact, I had yet to make many friends at all. Throughout my travels, I have met many, but known few. It was not their fault, but mine, for I did not trust them to keep me once my condition was made known. Perhaps it would be easier if I had the slightest clue just what that condition was, but, alas, I haven't. As such, I tended to practice avoidance in an attempt to safeguard both their and my well-being. Who knows what I do when my vision goes dark and my body goes numb? I never remember my actions, and no one ever tells me what it is that I do. Perhaps I am doomed to this confusion, to forever be apart from a herd. I hope not, for in the short time I have been in Helovia, I have grown fond of my newfound family.

I tried to push the pounding in my cranium to the back of my mind. I rather hoped that the feeling would pass, though I knew that this hope was in vain. This stallion - Thor, his name was - seemed very kind. In fact, he portrayed just the persona that I had been hoping for. I supposed it could just be a clever ruse to gain my trust, but I felt as though it was not. Perhaps my gut feeling was not always right, but I did continue to trust it all the same. Despite my aching head, I smiled at him, knowing that it touched my eyes as all true smiles do. He had called me beautiful, and although I did not believe that someone as plain as I could truly be a beauty, I appreciated his words all the same.

"My name is Tamira," I informed him, my voice soft and sweet. "I am a member of the herd of Dragon's Throat, but I am too newly come to have acquired a title as yet. I am hoping to pursue healing." His next words gave me pause; I had come to the forest to get away from others, hoping to avoid chaos from my impending fit. Truthfully, I should have excused myself from even this gentle steed's presence, but I found myself drawn to stay. We had just met, but I already found myself comforted by the proximity of such a stallion. He seemed very nice, and very bright, much like my own personality. Would the truth scare him off? I supposed I should warn him, if I were not going to be continuing on my way.

"It is a long story," I began hesitantly, not sure where to begin. The clock was ticking, and I wanted him to know that I may not be aware of my actions in mere moments. "I will be happy to explain in detail some other time, but for now I hope it will suffice to know that I came to the forest to be alone." Realizing how that must sound, she hurriedly added, "Although I am very glad to have come across such a kind stallion as yourself." Another smile lit my maw, and I hoped that he would not take offense. "The reason for this is that I... well, on occasion I have what I can only describe as blackouts. I am unaware of my actions during them, but it usually ends badly. I removed myself from my herd, hoping that it would pass with no harm done..." I trailed off, suddenly unsure. My body was tense, confusion evident in my stance and orbs. Would he run now? What an odd way to introduce oneself to a stranger!

[W/C | 617]

THOR

The chocolate hue she carried was ever pressing upon my mind, glinting in the dim light of the forest as the branches swayed above her. It was a magical array that impinged across her swollen back, thick with health and youthful inhibition. I was entreated to lace my gaze upon her face as she spoke, soft charms of bronze echoing from within her chest, so strong and yet so pure. I suppose it was easy to be drawn to such a dove, innocence rippling in her tones and erotically beckoning me through her smile. However, the nervous twitch in her shoulder and the tension that gathered from her spine and moved slowly outwards had begun to take over the carefree mood that had formerly possessed her. I was hesitant as to wonder what exactly had seized such beauty and spoiled it like rancid meat. It was if the stench of worry had overtaken the atmosphere and I could nearly taste it upon my tongue.

Her story was one that I was not expecting to hear, but I listened intently all the same. In a way I was slightly stunned, yet on the other hand it would explain the strange presence that had passed over her, darkening her eyes and repressing her earlier exuberance. She waited now, nervously gazing at me like a wide-eyed child. Part of me wanted to ask what she had expected me to say and the other, well I suppose I wanted to tempt this demon out of her. “Such an interesting ailment… Surely there is a way to control these possessions? However, to hide such a thing would be fatal, don’t you think? Should you encounter this demon amongst friends and potential family, how do you suppose they would act?” Worried lines creased my face and I could not help but offer my condolences to such tainted artistry.

Ever since my upbringing in Helovia, I’ve met many a tortured soul and offered solace to those wounded spirits. Perhaps it was my calling to amend these hearts as they have come to touch mine. Her mention of becoming a healer had sparked a flame in my desires that had formerly been a mere flicker. I flexed my scant appendages now, perhaps suddenly inspired by not only the mare’s words but her demure ideas. She was a tender creature, but she had the brilliance of one twice her disposition. If only there were something to stroke her confidence for I knew she would become a great healer one day should she learn to accept her own defects as I have come to welcome mine.

[W/C:436]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Embarrassment coursed through my veins, and I fought the urge to run, ashamed, from the stallion. Of course, this was precisely why I refused to tell others of my illness - it was unthinkable. The could not empathize, and they would not sympathize. Too often I had seen perfectly good meetings take a downhill turn for just this reason - I could feel a fit coming on and had to warn them. Most of them came up with an excuse to leave before I went under; those who didn't were gone by the time I awoke. I never saw any of them again, at any rate. And I truly liked Thor. He seemed to have a kind, gentle disposition, and I felt myself drawn to him. I ached to glance up into his orbs, to be reassured by the soul I would see behind them, but I couldn't. I stared at the ground.

I swallowed a lump in my throat. "I haven't found a way to control it, and believe me, I've tried." My voice was small, resigned. He questioned the actions of friends and family, and I shut my eyes tightly. My inability to ward off the memories only made my distress worse, and I gave in to the past, images flashing over my closed lids. "I wouldn't know how my herd would react, as I have not told them of my affliction as of yet. But I fear that they would cast me out." As my family once did. I longed to say it, to speak the words, to complete my story, but the words failed me, and I was left with nothing but a ragged breath. It would be soon, now, and I doubted I would get to hear the steed's response. "I'm very sorry..." I whispered, as my vision began to fade.

As the change begins, the fae's eyes turn dull, glassy, as though they are unable to focus. The tension that rolled off her in waves reaches its peak, then breaks, her muscles relaxing in a sudden and unexpected way. A new look comes into her eyes, almost as though a new being is unfolding from its complex box, stored deep in the recesses of the mind. A slow smile curls across the lips, almost feline in nature. It's a coy look, one that speaks of deadly humor and biting wit.

My, my, how long has it been since I have been released from my prison? It feels like ages since I have been allowed outside the walls of my mind. It is most unpleasant to be trapped behind a wall of glass, able to look out, to hear the goings on of my weaker self, and be rendered unable to do anything. And this stallion was simply delicious to look at. I'd been clamoring to get out, of course, and that had caused the weakling's headache, but when she had come across this fine specimen, I was practically dying to emerge. Just the right amount of push and, well, here I was!

The flirtatious smile that plays across my maw is suddenly accompanied my batting lashes. He is sure to notice the difference, but how can he resist my charm? And how wonderfully funny would it be if I could have him completely smitten with me? Or, better yet, to coax him into siring a foal. How confused would the weakling be then? I was practically brimming with mirth, pleased both with the circumstances and my freedom. I know that I would only be allowed to remain in control for a short time - my weaker half was annoyingly good at control - and decided I'd best get moving. "Do you know," I simpered, a sweet tone flowing into my tones, "that you are quite the handsome fellow?" What was the point in playing hard to get? There was so much more fun to be had by just taking what you wanted. If only the weakling could see that.

[W/C | 665]

THOR

Her face was tinged with red, if such a color could be traced upon her mahogany coat. Her eyes were wide with worry, as if I would not accept her. But I was careful to control the horrid expression that threatened to overwhelm my passive features as I watched her shudder and shake, pain obvious in her swollen eyes. I wanted to reach out and comfort her, but I did not want to alarm her since my newness to her desires did not allow for such actions. Her angelic tunes were hindered by a certain scratch that indicated a swelling of her throat and mouth. I was worried that tears might eclipse her beautiful eyes as she offered apology for a condition that she could not control. “You do not have to worry about that with me, I would never cast you out

I watch her fade away, her eyes misted over with sadness and despair before they are replaced by an unfamiliar darkness that I had not seen in her before. Her body had ceased its violent convulsions and adopted a superior stance, one that I was uncertain to accept. Across her chapped lips forms a deviant smile and I am weary to understand the meaning behind such a change. Looking at her, I back away, ears sloping back against my skull in warning. Whatever had come over her was certainly not the pleasant little mare that I had known just a few moments prior. “Are you alright?

This new demeanor keeps me on edge and she is quick to fill in the gaps as she sidles closer, feminine ecstasy infecting my senses. I could see where this demon was going with this and while I was mildly aware that I shouldn’t respond, I was helpless to deny the hints of estrogen that waived my self-control. “I see that your flattery is expected to gain my favor?” I chuckled softly, charmed by this new incessant creature that hopelessly captured my heart. I knew this was not the love I had imagined, but my desires were awakened by this temptress and I was not one to resist a game, should one arrive. If you want to play my love, I will certainly play…

[W/C: 373]
[Ooc: Sorry, this wasn't what I wanted this reply to turn out like LOL.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

It wasn't even that I particularly cared for the stallion, as it were. I simply enjoy wreaking havoc, and as far as I could tell, this would be the ultimate prank. It wasn't the steed's fault, or anything to do with him. The hatred that fueled my burning desires was directed inward, at the weakling with whom I am unfortunate enough to share a body with. It would be a lovely joke of the gods, to trap two such different faes in the same form, forever battling for control. I'm sure they laugh about it on a regular basis. So perhaps my anger wasn't all at my weaker half, but, c'est la vie - I could do nothing about the gods. But her I could torment to my heart's content. I must admit, it is particularly satisfying that she hasn't a clue that I exist.

A soft chuckle bubbled from my lips. "Flattery, my dear, is a mare's greatest weapon," I informed him, that seductive smile growing wider. I stalked closer, venturing to brush against his body with my own, flicking my tail in his general direction. I knew how to be alluring. And if that particular plan failed, I would, in the very least, run him off, and the weakling would return to no one. Again. Facing away from him, he would not see the malicious glint in my eyes at the thought of her pain. I was sure to erase the feeling as I twined myself back around to his front. "I do hope that my skills in that area are as strong as ever," I added, an afterthought. What better way to lure him in than to invite him to compliment me in return?

I knew that I was having some effect on him. This encounter was almost certainly not what he had been expecting, but it would do for him, no doubt. Stallions are all the same - they will use you and abuse you, but where are they at the end of the day? Gone. Luckily I am not blinded by the same pretty fantasies as the weakling, and I knew how to use their strength against them. Besides, I did not need a stallion for my plans. I could cause confusion well enough on my own. The stag would simply make it fun, and much more interesting to observe. At least once I was returned to my prison, I would have plenty of entertainment.

[W/C | 410]
[OOC | Haha, Tamira's evil side wasn't quite what I was going for originally either. ^^' These characters seriously write themselves...]

THOR

A guttural laugh bubbled up from my stomach and I couldn’t help the incessant grin that touched my lips. She was surely something else and it revived a darkened part of myself that had long since been forgotten. She moved closer and it gave me the opportunity to run my muzzle along her spine, caressing her skin with small nips and hot breath. I wanted to play this game just as hard as she did and I made sure that every nerve ending along her taut back was electric with my touch. “Need I remind you that females aren’t the only ones with an upper hand?” I chuckled softly keeping this game alive as I waited for the girl’s lighter side to return. I was almost giddy with this double-sided personality and it gave me a reason to smile on an otherwise routine day.

“I see that you are fishing for compliments, but I think that, as we’re both adults here, we can skip the subtleties.” I now tugged at a small strand of her mane and reeled away once more, nearly dancing around her like a child. If she wanted my attention, she would have to come and get it. I was no fool when it came to the ways of a woman; they would always come back simply because they didn’t get their way. It’s funny how they work sometimes, tempting and begging and then backing away when they got what they wanted. “Such a radiant young thing, eyes glowing with desires unnamed… Don’t play games if you wish to win my affections. I trust you are knowledgeable enough to know what I want and should you concede then we could avoid these foolish pretenses.

I planned to push her to discomfort and keep her smiles lively until she had run out of time. Coming back to her company, I planted a loving nip upon her flank. If you want to contend with the likes of me, you might have to learn to play a little hardball love. As I moved up along her back to her neck and ending my journey at her woolen ears, I whispered softly so that she might feel my breath upon her face. “What is your name; you’re surely not the dove I’d encountered earlier. Does the devil bear a name in an angel’s disguise?

[W/C: 393]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

I must admit, I was surprised at his candor. From my silent prison I had watched as this kind and gentle stallion had won the weakling's affection and, apparently, trust, as she had tried to warn him of my appearance. I had not expected to be confronted with such a willing companion, but it certainly made things easier. In a way, it was disappointing - I always enjoy a challenge, after all - but at the same time, I was pleased. I knew that the clock was ticking, my time in the spotlight winding down. And so my mind sped on, despite the shiver that ran down my spine at his touch, despite the electricity coursing through my veins. It was the only way to keep control this constant concentration, and I was hard-put to manage it.

We danced around each other, each trying to claim the upper hand. The gentle touches were like a drug, and I worked hard to keep my hold on the power. "Well, darling," I said in response to his rather straightforward comments, "I am not one to play games." I knew that my eyes, twinkling with merry mischief, would betray my statement as false; but I also knew that the emotion there would hide the undercurrent of cruelty that runs through my veins. For a moment I was grateful for the effect that this fine steed was having on me. It was a heady feeling, and I was almost giddy. But I'd have to work harder to accomplish my goal.

His words tickled my ear, and I flicked it to rid myself of the feeling; shaking my head, I sent my silken mane flying. A flirtatious smile graced my maw as I continued our lazy waltz, circling around to brush against his body again. It was a perplexing question that he posed: I did not have a name separate from the weakling. I had never been given a choice in the matter, and no one that she has come across as yet has understood that we share the body. They assume she becomes possessed. None had thought to ask my name. "If you would like to call me something other than Tamira, do let me know what kind of name you come up with," I told him sweetly, relaying the question back to him. If he chose a name for me, then perhaps that would be the one I would keep.

[W/C | 407]

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

She and I had something in common; something inside beating and ruthlessly clawing against these fleshy walls… I feel that in this constraint I am tranquil, cool and languid in such a way that I’ve no vexations. But at times, I find that I suffer from an uncontrollable sense of delusion and I am fighting to contain it. It surfaces at times like these, tempted and lured from its cage like a snarling dog foaming at the mouth, eager and ready to taste the acrid piquancy of blood. The iron on its tongue makes it hungry for more and I feel that this mistress to the Prince of Darkness had only fed me reason to regale in her immediate offers. My stomach was clenching with an irresistible vacancy for her touch and I was nearly blinded by the hunger to indulge in her infinite delicacies. She was unaware of how easily I could take her, hidden away in the forest so many miles from home. There would be no one to impede on my intentions and this brought a soft growl from my lips, gruff with need and acute infatuation with the headiness of her inflictive taunts.

But games you are playing my dear and I seek to find them ended.” By now, I could feel the coldness creeping across my formerly passive features, darkening them with desires that were better left unnamed. I chuckled softly and the sound made me wince, for it was tainted with greed and proclivity. “You provide such empty threats of your ardor and yet none will suffice. Do not toy with me love.” The sickening twist of my lips were enough to warn her of my loss of self. The dormancy of male prohibitions had been momentarily forgotten and awakened with such a lack of complacency that it racked my body with needy tremors. Her sweet face and constant nagging had broken my walls and opened up doors that I had locked ages ago. However, this did not keep her from running her luxurious framework against my own, delighting my senses with a rush of powerful testosterone.

A name that you shall adopt at my own giving…? How blessed.” This time it was I who approached, mouth watering and loose as I planted a rough nip upon her sleek hide. The hairs there were mangled after my attack and would remain so days later as an indicator of my domineering presence. I resumed my assault, circling her like a wolf would hunt his prey, my muscles pulling and relaxing before bunching again from the excitement. I was surely using my size to intimidate her, which is how I wanted it. I wanted to sense her rigid composure weaken under my inspection, seeking out every angle of her tenement to my own satisfaction. Blood coursed through my neck and I could feel the tension building there as it spread south, releasing and then building again, a vicious cycle that called for attention. I longed to share her sentiments but my mind was cluttered and hazy with fervor that she would not be able to escape much longer.

You are unworthy of my graces as such a servant from hell my sweet Myriad.” I was quiet now, the sexual tension lingering in the air as she had taken the time to breed it, but my eyes were heavy on her own, bathing her in a lackluster tint. Such a hellish creature and yet so amending. I was anxious to meet her once again, but I was adamant to make it known that I would not allude to her desires until such a day came. However, I wanted to send her off with a parting wish, one that would mark my name to her skin as if branded there by a tortuous blaze. “You will be pardoned this time, but the next… you shall be mine.

[W/C: 649]
[Ooc: I tried to make up for you waiting by making a decent post <3]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

My senses were suddenly torn. I could feel the pressure building behind my eyes, that which always accompanies my return to my solitary confinement. The weakling was not so weak this time, hammering at the wall that I had thrown up in my mind, clamoring to regain control. Desperately, I clung to my power, my desire for the stallion a heady weapon against my weaker-minded half, something so foreign to her that she could not possibly break through it. The feeling subsided, and I smiled lustily. I had won, for the time being. She would be back, this I knew; but I would have a bit longer to toy with the steed, who was unknowingly furthering my plans. The weakling would be confused by this new side of the stallion, the side that I now longed for.

His words were cold, but the heat between us grew, and I knew that I was very close to getting my way. He had iron control, I would give him that, and I was impressed. But he had presented me with a challenge, and should it be today or next year, I would win. His arousal matched my own, and our feelings played off each other with each step, each breath, each teasing little touch. Ah, why could I not own this body? If I did, if it were solely I who reigned supreme, the stag would be mine! As it were, he would remain interested enough - he made that> perfectly clear - and so that would have to be enough. Tick, tock, the clock continued, growing ever louder in my mind.

"You are indeed blessed," I purred, the rough nip sending shivers down my spine. A smirk plastered itself on my face - the weakling would be bemused for days after this - and continued our circling dance. That touch had further awakened my senses, and I again approached, again aiming to brush my body against his, again aiming to set our senses on fire. If it was even possible to make the tension worse, I would find a way. But the pressure in my cranium had returned, and I understood that I would not get my way this time. Next time, love, next time, I will win. Myriad. The name rang through my body and I shivered again, a response to what I was sure he would call me forevermore. How fitting for the weakling and I, a myriad of personalities in the same body.

"Unworthy, I am not, my dear," I informed him sweetly, "and you know that as well as I. I would be just perfect for you, darling, if only I could stay..." My orbs met his in a fiery challenge, desire pooling there in the most obvious way. I could feel it fade from my mind before it began to fade from my body, and I knew that I had only a moment to speak again before I was imprisoned once more. "Next time, dearest, you shall be mine." There was something almost feral in the words, and I knew that he would remember it, and me, for many days. And so my world faded once more.

The familiar feeling rushed through the fae. First, she regained her sense of touch. She seemed aware of the new proximity of the stallion, though her confusion did not prompt her to move away. Next came her sense of hearing: yes, there he was, or at least, she presumed it was him. With her sense of smell, she became sure of it, though she was perplexed by their mixed lust. Her sight returned at last, and she was pleasantly surprised to see that he had remained.

I blinked groggily, as though waking from a long sleep. Thor had remained, and for that I was grateful, though there was something about him that had not been there before. What had I done? Would he flee now, angered or afraid of whatever I had become? I did not see him as one to be afraid, and I feared that should be become angry, I would not be in the unharmed state that I appeared to be in. So what was it, then, that I saw in his eyes? What was this tension in his body and, I realized, in mine? What in the world had transpired here? "You're still here," I stated stupidly, still staring at him. I couldn't even amend the stupidity of the statement, so entranced was I by the stallion. What have I done?

[W/C | 756]

THOR

My heart was folding and unfolding, one movement after the other, losing control as it beat against my breast with a power that I had not known I possessed. The air was heavy with tension and blackened desire and I was helpless to remove it as she drew nearer. I wanted to outline her shadow with my own, hiding her away from all else until she was nothing but mine. My temper bloomed heavy in my chest and I was eager to see her stay and bitter to see her go. Once again the strain in her eyes became apparent as they darkened and dulled until there was nearly nothing more. But her sharp tongue was ever-pressing, granting me with final words of promises I hoped she would keep. “Stay with me, you owe me such after all the threats you’ve attempted to make.” I was growing anxious and unruly, my mouth parted and salivating at the obvious truth that spoke above all else, a truth that reckoned with my soul as I knew that Myriad would leave and Tamira would return.

I was quiet with discontent as the lithe body of two separate minds seemed to shutter with a collision of power. Myriad would be locked away once again in the confines of a soul that was not her own and a body that she could not control and yet this factor sent my mind reeling. How could I tempt her back? Upon Tamira’s return, I was still heady with need, antsy and broken due to the sensual assault I had just encountered with her other half. She appeared to be confused and I was helpless to explain myself to her. “I would not leave you…” It was all that I could manage on such short notice and I felt as if my entire being was shifting and melding back into place. I had lost the sense of life that Myriad had formerly gave me and I longed for it back. Locking my gaze upon the mare’s muddy eyes, I willed her to return but doubt shrouded my wishes and I knew that she would not.

I felt as if I had lost a small piece of myself with her departure and I was determined to wait her out until I had a chance to prove that my affections were true.

[W/C: 392]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

I was exhausted; such was the price of my affliction. I glanced skyward briefly, measuring time in degrees of the sun's path across the sky. Surprise registered briefly in my sluggish mind. I had not been unconscious for as long as I'd feared, and not for nearly as long as was normal for my blackouts. But I was unable to analyze this strange discovery for long, as my thoughts slid ever-so-slowly back to the rather confused-looking stallion before me. I was still unsure of what to say, how to act... what had transpired in the time that was unavailable to my memory? What had I said? How had I acted? What should I say now?

His words were a comfort, though his tone was not; he looked about as lost as I felt. I felt as though I were coming down from some strange high, returning ever so slowly to senses that dulled as the flower dulls in the autumn sun. It was always an unpleasant sensation, and one that I usually experienced alone. I was unused to sharing this time with another. Manners dictated that I should instigate some manner of conversation; instinct decreed that I remain silent. At this moment, I found myself utterly at his mercy, completely in his control. It was not an entirely unwelcome feeling, to share my burden with another.

And then unique situation provided me with opportunity. He had seen me, been with me, while I was elsewhere, and he would be able to tell me what was so horrible that my own family had sent me away. At this moment, he held the key to the deepest, darkest part of my soul; he was the keeper of my best-kept secret, even more so than I. It was this that tied the two of us together in an irrevocable and unexpected way. I had to know, but I didn't know how to ask. "What did I... how did I... what happened?" My vocals sounded dazed, unfocused, and I found myself taking a step closer to him, as though my body longed to lean against him for support. I stopped myself. I didn't know him that well - did I?

[W/C | 366]

THOR

My mind thickened and became hazy with confusion. I was unsure of what I could tell Tamira had transpired in her absence of mind. She looked so shaken and unaware that it made my heart reach out for hers, although I wasn’t sure if it was simply because her pain had inspired my affections or if I felt drawn to her physical allure due to Myriad’s all-out attack on my senses. It was hard to bite my tongue about everything that had happened, but I knew I couldn’t divulge Myriad’s secret… not until I was sure how to go about it. And it was this thought that pushed the lie from my lips, one so simple and quite convincing that I’m surprised it flowed so naturally from my tongue. “You broke into convulsions and they shook me quite a bit, but otherwise it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle…

I was quiet a moment, guilt seeping into my heart before I looked upon her gorgeous face again. I could not keep this secret forever, but for now, I was determined to find out what I could do in order to speak to Myriad once more. “I assume it can be a bit frightening to others with no experience in the matter. “I guess those before me had little patience for physical disturbances.” This was stated so vaguely that I was hoping she would not ask more questions that I knew were inevitable. Instead, I tried to distract her wandering mind by moving to her side and pushing against her so that she was resting against my weight. My body shivered at the contact and I was helpless to disguise it.

I closed my eyes now, trying to dismiss the tender emotions that roved beneath my skin and ached now in my heart. But I could not. Would not. How was I supposed to deal with these emotions that I felt for two different personalities with only one body? Sweet Tamira catered to my soft side and I wished for nothing more than to care for her should she need and yet Myriad tempted the dark fire that burned deep in my gut, fueling a part of myself that I hadn’t known until today. Snuffling softly against her ear, I let myself get lost in her scent once more, pretending that these two creatures had suddenly become just one.

[W/C: 396]
[OOC: Ick, I'm sorry.]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

I swallowed hard. His words took several moments to sink into my brain, and it was as if I were hearing echoes of his former self. Was it me - or was something different in him? The very air between us felt charged, and I was unsure what to make of it, particularly when he stepped closer to allow me to lean on him. A quick shock of electricity raced over my skin, and I was almost sure that his skin had felt a matching shiver. His proximity was thrilling and soothing in equal measure, and after a moment, I relaxed enough to lean into him without shame.

Finally, my mind formed words to respond to his comments. "Oh, convulsions," was my scintillating reply, spoken in tones so monotonous that I wanted to pound my skull against a rock just listening to myself. One would think that with the discovery of my own secret, I would be more intrigued; instead I simply stood rather listlessly, filing the information away for later review. I would not be going home this night, I was fairly sure. I was drained, more so than usual, and for me to feel this awful in the aftermath of such a short blackout, I was surprised. Another tidbit for examination at a different time.

"I assume it can be a bit frightening to others with no experience in the matter. I guess those before me had little patience of physical disturbances." Well, what was I to say to that? That I presumed that he had somehow managed to control it? That others always looked as though they had seen a ghost after a blackout? 'Mischief-maker,' they had called me, and were it truly convulsions that had taken me, I felt sure that they would have to be some very violent convulsions. Another shiver took my body at his muzzle at my ear, and I leaned into him more, though I wouldn't have thought it possible. "Perhaps," I suggested quietly, "you have simply managed to quell them?"

[W/C | 340]

THOR

My stomach curled with a warmth that had been borne from dread and ultimately a sense of guilt. I had lied and it had rolled so easily off my tongue, like butter, sizzling in the heat and slowly losing shape before burning into a browned, invisible matter. It was as if all of my former morals have evaporated and been replaced by this strange, new alter ego that not only did I enjoy, I would soon come to love. It was a sense of freedom from the rules and regulations that I had been taught as a child and it thrilled me to succumb to the sick intentions of a mind far darker than my own. But I was none like the mare, or should I say mares before me. It was a thought that brought a tremble of laughter to my lips that echoed silently against my teeth before collapsing into wisps crystal comets as it exploded into the frozen breeze. It was as if all my nerves were tinged with venom and the discourse was pleasing, even sickening in such a way that made me smile despite the obvious torture that moved Tamira into dazed confusion.

She had accepted me now, unaware of the physical assault that I had mapped out in my head, specifically intended for her very own body, if not her own mind. The thought pulsed loud in clear in my head and for a moment, I allowed myself the pleasantries of role playing the scenes one image at a time over and over through my mind. One, two, three… One, two three. It was a vicious cycle that refused to cease and I could feel the tension growing in my bones, building and stiffening until I felt I was about to burst. However, all sexual vacancies became apparent as her soothing voice graced my ears. This was certainly not Myriad, for her words would have been aggressive, hot with challenges that light my mouth to flames and ultimately deeper with passion that was not shamed. To hear such dialect after all that I had witnessed today, I was sure that I would break, lose control and burst from the heady sensations of need. Curse you, I thought as I pressed my heels into the hardened seat of the devil’s roof… Even the flames of hell would feel better than this burning flesh I wear upon bones that are too thick with desire.

To quell… I have done no such thing-”, For my need is not quelled in the least my fine friend- however, I find that perhaps those before me have misread your condition, I think I can help.Help myself to your delicacies, relieve your stress… No matter how I approached her, no matter how hard I tried to contain this temptation that grew inside me like a parasite, I could not, would not, let it fade away. I knew I had to find a way to induce Myriad from the other mare’s subconscious and in this way, I would not only be helping Tamira conquer her strange abilities, but I would be helping myself to conquer these dark emotions that danced like small, tainted fairies inside my head, cooing softly like sirens asking for release. Their song was harmonious to the beat of my heart, thump, thump, thumping like a drum, endless and steady as if giving my motivation to push on and seize this moment for all its worth.

I had no intentions of turning it down.

[W/C: 585]
[OOC: This turned out much better than the last, I'm loving this new side of him & on a side note, the happy juice to make me feel better gives me muse!]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

I was recovering now, though if I were drawing strength from myself or from my new friend, I was unsure. I chanced a glance upward (for he was much taller than I) and allowed a slight smile to grace my features. In it, I was sure, my relief and thankfulness was embodied, shining out like so many stars. Though the Frostfall eve was chilly, the wind drifting through the trees frigid, Thor's massive body was warm, and I huddled in his shadow, allowing him to block what little wind wound its way through the tree trunks here. Absentmindedly, I reached up to rub my muzzle along his cheek, another motion of thanks and affection all mixed into one. It was a motion that I didn't think twice about; but still, I could not quell the electricity that sparked at the touch.

As my cranium lowered once more, I heard his words: "I think I can help." I leaned away almost without meaning to, recoiling from the words in surprise. That was all it was at first, as I stood apart from him, staring at him with wide chocolate orbs, a sharp intake of breath that I was unaware of holding, feeling the chill caress my pelt as I lost contact with him. And then the glee began to creep in. The breath that I had inhaled so suddenly left me with a soft whoosh, and I felt the bubble of excitement begin to work its way up from my chest, as though it were a giggle that I was fighting to hold in. It rose higher in my throat, found its way into my mouth, fighting against my teeth, forming into words. "You think you can help." The words were flat in comparison to the warring emotions within me, and particularly stupid given the circumstances.

But I was not one to lose decorum simply because of a little - a lot - of overwhelming emotion. I felt a grin on my lips, a warmth flooding my veins. And my next words were much happier, laced with happiness and hope and all the things that I had thus far denied myself. Perhaps I have less control than I thought. "No one has ever - how can you - what do you - how are you going to help?" It was a stammering mess of words, but none more important had ever been voiced. It was, perhaps, in that moment, that I realized just how closely linked to this stallion I felt.

He was the first to stay with me, the first to care for me, and despite earlier reservations I had no doubts about him. In fact, I quite wanted him to stay with me. It was another surprising emotion in the cacophony of feelings that already welled deep inside me, and I danced toward him again, remarkably light on my feet. I felt his body against mine again, and I lipped his mane with tenderness. I had regained my senses by then, and I spoke again, this time more coherently. "I'm not sure how you plan to help me, but I believe I can honestly say that I will do anything you say if you think it will help." It was a lost of trust to place on the steed, but I trusted him. For the first time, I truly trusted someone.

[W/C | 562]

The warmth spread throughout my body like a ray of sun, warming each region slowly with a sensation that I hadn’t felt before. She was so hopeful, so trusting, it tore my heart at the seams. I had to let her in, despite the constant nagging that was careful to accept just anyone. Around us, the forest sang with magical tunes of exuberance from various forms of wild life. Nightfall was approaching and I could hear the pitter patter of small rodents scurrying from underground burrows to the surface in order to gather food for the night. The air was now cool and it bit my skin whereupon small eruptions of gooseflesh tinged its surface. However, I was lost in between various sensations of cold and heat. Tamira’s body alongside my own felt natural and I was comfortable with her there… with me.

Lids fell heavy over my eyes, covering my thoughts from the world for a moment before I felt the loss. She had moved away from me and I felt it deep in the core of my being and I knew that I didn’t want her t be gone for long. Lacing a heavy, tired gaze upon her now, I was slightly shocked and confused. She looked taken aback and I wasn’t sure what to say to offer her comfort. In fact, I looked on dazed and mildly amused by her ever changing expression. Those beautiful eyes had widened in what almost looked like horror until brimming over with true happiness. This was an emotion that I had only witnessed a few times throughout my life and it looked absolutely breathtaking upon her face. It brought a tender smile to my lips as I moved forward to nudge her softly, almost lovingly, losing myself to the moment.

I don’t plan to cure you completely, but I plan to help you accept yourself… Who you are is nothing to be ashamed of and I want you to see just how-” I stopped myself, clearly shaken at what I was about to say, but I knew I couldn’t’ leave her hanging there without a reason for my reluctance. “-amazing… you are.” this was said softly and with imminent feeling. I had expressed myself for the first time in my life without feeling that I had something to be shamed of. “You don’t have to do anything to fix yourself, but if you desire to be rid of your illness, then perhaps I will be able to help you once I indulge in my ambitions to become a healer.” Two revelations in one day. I’d found someone that meant more to me than a mere acquaintance and I knew in what direction I wanted to pursue my life.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Oh, I had considered love, mostly in a half-sleeping daze. Who would want me, after all? At least, that's what I asked myself. The dreams were never entertained for long, as I hadn't the patience for imagining that which was out of my reach - but I found myself returning to those oft-forgotten moments in which I allowed myself to lapse into fantasy. Some of them had featured me, unbroken, wholly myself, never falling into disarray, never forgetting chunks of my day. These were preferable, given the strength with which I viewed my affliction. But occasionally, I would accept myself, and in doing so, allow myself to dream up a different scenario. In it, I was accepted for who I am, not for who I longed so desperately to be. It was with this in mind that I regarded the situation unfolding before me.

I was surprised at the proximity of Thor again when he followed my sudden retreat to nudge me with a certain tenderness - or was I imagining it? - that again sent that tingling rush of warmth. I cast my gaze down, suddenly shy, unsure how to react to the feelings growing within me. Perhaps I was simply in a dream, and I would wake up, alone in the Throat again, perhaps go seek out Midas and chat or, better yet, finally make my introduction to our healer, Onni, who was to be my mentor. Despite these wild, scattered thoughts, I felt sure that this was not in my imagination, that I had not dreamed this. I felt as awake as I had ever been, and I was exhilarated.

He was speaking, and I listened, enraptured, my orbs still failing to meet his, though I did return his motion of affection by tucking my body beside his once more. "Who you are is nothing to be ashamed of -" I couldn't help a snort of amused disbelief, though I desperately wanted to believe him. "- and I want you to see just how..." Just how what? I froze, unsure and afraid that he would say I was crazy, or beyond help, or even worse, simply not continue at all. And so it was with a sigh of relief that I greeted his next words. "-amazing... you are." I couldn't help the slow smile that spread over my features. I only halfway believed him, but that was enough to leave me brimming over with a strange mix of happiness and affection and adoration that I had never felt before.

The admission to a quest to become a healer was a secondary thrill; I was still stuck on the first, and I couldn't fully appreciate the revelation. I was silent, mind reeling, but only for a moment. How cruel would it be to leave him hanging in such a way, when he had been so kind to me? But it would take strength to respond in kind, a strength that I wasn't sure I had in me. I hadn't ever felt anything like this, I hadn't had to put my thoughts into words in such a way. But I tried. "You would be the first to say as much about me," I admitted softly, forcing my orbs upwards, leaning my body slightly to better look at his face. "But if you truly mean the words that you say, well, I'd have to admit... you are of a different kind than most of the others I have met. A better kind," I added swiftly, feeling as though my words were inadequate. "I am blessed to have run across you this night."

[W/C | 602]