the Rift

Long Since Forgotten

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

One could swear I've wandered for longer than I've even lived. My hooves patter softly in dull thuds upon the soft, lush grass. Most would take the opportunity to graze. To appease a forever appetite before frolicking around like a newborn foal, bucking for joy and laughing as the sun warms their backs and the gentle breeze kisses their ruffled coats. I'm not like them. I guess I'm hardly like anyone really. Huffing out a cloud of warm breath, I lower my delicate head and almost allow the self-pity to shroud my senses. No. I stop and snort irritably, stamping one black hoof and glaring at nothing as I mentally scold my childish ways. Sulkin' gets ye nowhere, Sali. My voice almost forms as my mother's in the confines of my mind and I clench my teeth and allow my breath to quiver out in an awkward exhale.

Suddenly I'm all too aware that, not only do I have no idea where I am, but others might see me. My ears twitch and I tense, my muscles rippling in the likes of coiled springs beneath my glossy silver coat. In one fluid action I take a few quick steps before launching myself into the air, my blue tipped wings allowing me to soar as every pegasus does. My breath catches as I remember learning to fly, a brief flicker of an image that doesn't make sense in all it's confusion. It vanishes just as quickly as it appeared, and my inky orbs scour the land from my heightened vantage point. There. I dive for a clump of trees and fold my wings to land awkwardly in the enclosed space. And yet such confinement eases me, and I glance around before lowering my head once more, this time taking half-hearted nips at the grass. One thought rests upon my mind as I force myself to eat. Where in Loorien am I?

"I talk." I think. "You talk."

Paradox Posts: 23
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 5 HP: 60.0 | Buff: Novice
Smack

broke as hell, but blessed with beauty,

The copper hued mare had been wandering aimlessly in these lands- or so it seemed. She had yet to actually meet others in the Unbound, aside from Ashamin and Seanan- though she remembered seeing multiple at the little get together she stumbled onto after following the stallion who brought her here. In fact, it had been this very meadow where the meeting had been held. More of a thrashing, in her opinion. A chuckle evaporated from her lips at the thought. Recently, she had met with Ashamin, the leader of the Unbound- she believed they had some what got along. At least he would be able to offer good teaching in the crusade arena for her. That was something she looked forward too.

Masked face was lowered to the ground as incisors ripped tiny springs of dried grass to fill her belly. Did we mention how dry the grass was? Tallsun was killing everything. The heat was unbearable, in fact, at this very moment, sweat clung to her neck and flanks. How often she had contemplated ridding her neck of the thick dreads that stuck to her skin. It was disgusting. She hated the feeling of wet hair clinging to her. She hated to sweat. She had been wandering around Threshold for awhile now in search of new recruits, but it seemed slim today- possibly the heat. So she took a moment to graze for a bit.

A bit of a crashing noise caught her attention, and she erected her dial immediately. Ice orbs intent on the direction the noise came from. Finally, something interesting. Muscles rolled beneath a tight orange pelt and locomotion began to propel her forward. Her audits remained pricked, her eyes searching. As she approached a small, closely knit bunch of trees she could her the faint sound of grass ripping. Ducking beneath low branches, she pulled up in the middle of the trees near the other horse, being sure to keep a fair distance, but close enough she could hear her speak. The mare was silvery with a large span of wings- quite the site. And the picture of Chaska, Rhea, and Gemini popped into her mind. This lass would probably fit in well with them.

Once the other mare took note of her presence, she gave a slight dip of her masked face. Trying ever so much to be polite-- which was not her strong suit. Hello, I'm Paradox. Her introduction was short, but coated with honey tones. Her eyes searched the mare for reaction. New here? She finished as thicked dreaded tail knocking pests from her hocks. She had yet to make a recruit, she needed to do something purposeful to make herself useful for the Unbound.
the kind that a rich man can't turn down
speech

ooc: HI! This is Paradox, she is representing the Outcast Group, Unbound.
pattern belongs to subtle patterns

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
It’s miserable hot just about everywhere she goes. It’s days like today (okay, all of Tallsun) that makes her wish she had a horn, just so she could live in the Basin and hide from the damn sun. But the water in the Basin is frozen most of the year, so really, that wouldn’t do. But whatever, a girl can dream about a home where the water flows all year round and the place stays at that perfect temperature where it’s neither hot nor cold. Honestly, she’ll even take the damn cold over this summer, with half of Helovia literally lighting itself on fire due to the heat.

But despite her silent stream of grumbling, she’s still out, making her way to the Threshold because there’s nothing better to do other than swim. And usually, she’s swimming. Not that she’s not built for it – her seal-like coat is designed for water, not land really – but still, sometimes she maybe possibly should get out of the water. Maybe. If nothing else, since she looked perpetually wet anyway, no one could tell if she was sweating or not. She just looked wet, like she always looked, and that at least suited the once siren.

She makes it to the Threshold eventually, and though she feels like she’s melting, the shade provided here is a welcome relief. Thank the Gods for trees, if nothing else. And so far, these particular trees don’t look like they’ve been catching on fire, unlike the Falls. Or the Thistle Meadow. Or who even knows where else.

A slight commotion and some words catch her attention. Syrena’s not one to look for a particular type of horse around here. She can’t look at someone and be like “oh, they’ll probably fit in,” or even get a read on them all that well. So instead, she goes for a more odds based approach. If she keeps showing up, eventually someone will decide the Falls is for them. Which leaves her with zero expectations, which is fine, because Syrena doesn’t really care if they come back with her or not. She only wants them if they want the Falls. Otherwise, they’re all just wasting their own time.

So, without any real thought, she goes toward the sound, catching sight of a Pegasus and rather interesting looking mare. Not that Syrena is one to judge, though she’ll eye beauty with a hint of jealousy. But Syrena doesn’t entirely know what she thinks of the orange mare with the mask, and so that familiar pang of jealousy doesn’t hit her. “Hello,” she offers, knowing how to navigate the world of pleasantries, though she still despised it. Her voice, like always, is deadpan, though her expression is at least vaguely friendly. It’s about the best she can pull off. Her general demeanor is calm and relaxed and uncaring, so if nothing else, it’s obvious she’s not here to cause trouble of any sort. “Syrena,” she adds, leaving it at that for now.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Outcast
Nyara

Sali

From any notable experience I've had, I happen to have obtained the knowledge that other horses tend to mean bad news. Of course, there is the small fact that the only mare I've ever associated with was my mother, but every interaction I've had has been a bad one. At least she in't a stallion Sali. I flicker my ears uneasily at the voice in my mind that happens to be mine and my mother's. My head rises slowly, carefully and my dainty form takes a single hesitant step as I eye the friendly seeming mare. Where on earth are her wings? And why is she masked? I'm actually almost curious enough to speak to her, but still can't see to make a sound. My ears flicker slightly to catch her words, but I don't trust my voice enough to utter a response. My muscles twitch involuntarily, urging me to fly with an itching that mirrors the sweat on my skin. My tail bats at my hindquarters, a single golden bead bouncing uncomfortably off my hock. I hardly notice.

My mouth opens slightly, trying to work out some utterance of greeting when silver audits pick up the approach of another. My black orbs snap in her direction and I counter my step forward with three back. The other doesn't seem very horse like in my opinion. Of course I've always been around Pegasi, so these wingless equines are no more normal to me than a green sky. Yet even the chestnut has proper fur, yet the other is almost seal-like. Ignoring this, I listen nervously to her short greeting before realising my rump is now pressed up against the rough bark of a tree. Did I never stop backing? It would appear not. Internally kicking myself, I inch away from my apparent hiding place and murmur some incoherent greeting that even I don't understand. Get it together Sali! Clearing my throat I force my nerves to calm a little before staring in between the two and avoiding their gazes as much as they seem to be avoiding the sun. "I-I'm Sali." I utter in a way that probably sounds like an apology. I don't even recognise my own voice, probably because I haven't used it in so long.

"I talk." I think. "You talk."
Sorry, I have never role played horses before, and Sali is very nervy seeing as she's had little to no social life. At all.

Smack
Quote:

Within moments of her introduction, another appeared from the woodline. A scowl crossed her face. It would never just be easy, would it? She bit her tongue until a metallic taste filled her mouth, trying to avoid the agitation that was boiling beneath her surface. The seal coated mare gave her introduction, and Paradox dipped her head in a "should be" polite response. All the focus she had put on the other recruiter had taken her attention from the whole purpose of being her until she heard the crunch of debris beneath her hooves. Turning blue eyes back to the young mare, her brow furrowed in confusion. Why was she cowering backwards? As if Paradox and Syrena were monsters....A chuckle bubbled in her throat, but she choked it back, again refraining from being rude.

Come now. Nothing to be afraid of. Her tones floated like butterflies into the air from her lips. Audits flickered forward and the backward, catching sounds around her, attempting to read the mare. Sali. So she stuttered out her name and Paradox was almost tempted to tell her to Spit it out. But she kept her composure, for Ashamin would not approve of her being rude to new recruits. Silence lingered around the trio for a moment, hanging like sweat on their ears. The orange mare cocked a brow towards the seal coated mare, and cast a glance between the two before choosing words carefully. I am of the Unbound, and I come here, in peace.... She paused, emphasizing the "peace" phrase. To offer you a home among allies who will not only look out for your well being, but also help you advance in your strengths and weaknesses. A home that gives your heart freedom to stay wherever it is you please.

The last time our girl had attempted to recruit, it had not gone so fluidly. The other mare was a straight bitch and it was all Paradox could do to keep from massacring her. She exhaled a soft breath before continuing. We are not exactly a 'herd' but more a group of equines, unicorns, and pegasi allied together to offer help whenever one of the other is in need. Some are crusaders who specialize in battle, others are healers, some are looters, others scholars. She paused again, eyeing the young mare with a soft smile. All are quite polite.

Her spill was finished, was it binding enough to secure a home for the new lass, she was unsure. But she waited, willing to further explain anything necessary and answer any questions Sali might have.
speech

[Image: GmLmcWI.png]
Wishlist Magic and some PP allowed on Paradox, aside from death.

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
You don’t come to the Threshold hoping for privacy. It doesn’t happen. She’s learned this much rather quickly. It’s something you notice when you don’t actually like the company of others much either. You learn to deal with it. Because everyone comes to the Threshold, the herd and outcast groups all made up of vultures, when it comes down to it. Herself, it seems, included. A thought that makes her hate herself just a little tiny bit. What level she’s stooped down to in some vain and pathetic effort to be something again. In this land that made her nothing in the first place. What did she owe this place, the Falls, any of it? Nothing. But she did it anyway.

The masked mare gives her something of nod. Maybe a little stiffed, or a little pissed Syrena’s here. But maybe not. And Syrena isn’t paying enough attention to notice any subtleties anyway. Instead, she keeps her eyes on the mare in question, who’s literally backing away. Syrena doesn’t entirely know what to do about that. She’s not the reassuring type. And honestly, if this girl is afraid of Paradox and Syrena, she’s in for a rude awakening the more time she spends in Helovia. Yes, Syrena looks odd, and that mask is interesting and a little bit unsettling, but they aren’t all that impressive in the grand scheme of this place.

Thankfully, the masked mare speaks up, sounding nice and like she actually doesn’t mind babysitting a child. Syrena takes the moment to compose herself, shoving her annoyance aside, glad at least that her face is a mask of impassive disinterest. The masked mare keeps going, rattling on about the Unbound and how they aren’t quite a herd (but are basically a herd except they don’t have a land), and Syrena listens without really paying much attention. She’s heard about the Unbound before, and this isn’t new. Their concept interests her, but she still doesn’t entirely get it. It’s not really all that different than anything else. Except she could live at the beach. That was pretty much the only thing that sounded like it mattered to Syrena.

But it doesn’t matter, because she calls the Falls her home, and mostly she likes it. Everyone is quiet and mostly leaves her alone, which is what she wants. But on occasion, she comes out of her little ponds and pretends to be useful. “This is Helovia,” she offers, guessing this girl probably knows next to nothing about where she’s wound up. “Specifically, you are the Threshold, which is where most horses find themselves on arrival here. There are four official herds, aka groups of equines, pegasi and unicorns that all live together.” She tosses a glance at Paradox, not actually meaning anything by it really, but mostly because she feels a bit like a parrot. And also maybe just slightly to make a point, but that doesn’t show on her face, so it’s hard to be sure.

“I live in the Hidden Falls, and would be glad to show you the place, if you’d want. It’s rather lovely, full of plenty of places to hide out when you want, and jobs to do when you want to better yourself. It’s not unlike the Unbound, except we call our leaders Czar and Czarina, and have a specific land to call home.”

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Outcast
Nyara

Sali

I wait for some sort of reaction, shifting uneasily under their gazes, which seem to be searing through my coat like the sun had been on my way in. I peer up cautiously through thick eyelashes as the masked mare, Paradox, scowls at the other. Briefly, I wonder if she too doesn't care for company, but before the thought can even be processed, the masked one offers the other a stiff nod and turns to face me once more. I flinch slightly at the attention. I was almost hoping the other two would strike up a conversation and I could fly away and try for somewhere else. Just talk to them Sali!

My silver audits flicker forward to catch her soft, almost soothing tones, and I can't help but think briefly of my mother. I take a breath and lift my head just slightly to study her. Her rich golden coat catches the sunlight, and I can't help but be curious about that mask of hers. What a strange marking, if it is one that is. My ears twitch slightly as I wait for any more words. She speaks of a place called Unbound, and I listen with intrigue. A pause, leaving the word 'peace' to hang in the air between us. My eyes widen slightly at the word 'home' and I raise my head high enough to look her hesitantly in the eyes, assessing her sincerity. I'd never been offered a home before, and for all I knew the older mare was simply jesting. Yet still...I can't help but find hope in the offer. Unbound...A home...What an wonderful thought.

Everything within me shouts, screams false hope. I shove the doubt away for now, yet I still feel it hanging there on a precipice in my mind, willing me to say no. One of the doubts that I'd shoved onto the precipice fluttered away at the mention of it not being a real herd, and my mind retraces to the part where Paradox had mentioned staying wherever I may please. At least I wouldn't have to worry about living with a bunch of others all the time, and I could still go where I wish and explore. The mare gives me a soft smile, and I wonder briefly if she read my mind before dismissing the thought. I wonder if by polite she means friendly or tolerant, but I don't ask. I just nod thoughtfully, mulling over questions to see if I should speak up.

My eyes flick toward the other mare and I glance at her curiously, forgetting some of my earlier fear in my interest of this place. "Helovia..." I repeat quietly, testing the word upon my tongue and twitching my ears slightly. I tilt my head slightly and mentally assess how approachable she seems when it comes to questioning. I almost decide against speaking all together, but my curiosity wins out. "What are the other herds?" Not that I'm really sure if I want to know anymore, I'm already a little confused as it is, but I'm not convinced I really care just yet. I follow the glance Syrena gives Paradox, but don't really see much in it, so instead I tilt my ears forward to hear more.

Wait. Two offers in one day? They must be jesting. Or maybe they're desperate... I look up, scanning both their gazes, mulling over how they said their offers. They didn't sound desperate, and they seem pretty genuine to me, but still..."I'm not really sure what to choose..." I glance down awkwardly at the ground, as though it's going to make the decision for me. Should I chose one? "Could you tell me more?" I no longer itch to fly away, and my wings remain settled at my sides.

"I talk." I think.

Smack
Quote:

Paradox watches as the mare seems to embolden with each word that falls from her lips. This was good. Finally, she was doing something good. Something helpful. She couldn't help but smile a bit at the curiosity of the mare. Her timidness was a bit agitating, as our Parry was not a timid mare and didn't think any mare should be. But she just chocked it off as a bad past or bad raising. She met the girl's gaze, proving the sincerity in her voice was, in fact, true, though somewhat forced on the "nice" part. The Unbound had offered Paradox a place of comfort and shelter. Sure they had occasional meetings where everyone had to join up and pay attention, but mostly they went about their own business and stayed wherever they wanted, aside from the herd lands.

Syrena began to speak, and Paradox seemed to sense a bit of arrogance....or it wasn't directly placed but it made her hair stand on end. Flash backs to the meeting with Fiore and Sikeax flashed back into her brain. It wasn't her fault The Unbound was the way it was, not her fault that it wasn't a "herd". But it was home. It was safe. It was free. She was not bound nor tied, no contracts, no heavy requirements. It was all she had ever searched for. In fact, Paradox had lived in "herd life" before, though all the concepts of The Unbound were very similar, it was still VERY different. She listened to the other mare's spew of words. Caught her glance in the corner of her eye, but chose to ignore it. It seemed though, Sali's curiosity was peaked as she finally spoke up again, asking of the herds. This wasn't really the orange mare's forte, as she too, had just been found in the Threshold only weeks ago.

Ice blue orbs shot a glance ant Syrena before choosing words carefully. I, too, was recently here- in the Threshold- alone....truthfully, sometimes that's how I'd rather be. She paused thinking back, yes for awhile, she enjoyed being alone, but soon it wears on you. Eats at your soul like a leech sucking blood from its host. Loneliness is not good for one. Attempting to meet ice orbs at the new mare again, she continued. Seanan came here, and intrigued me with his speech of The Unbound, so I followed. It is quite unlike any herd I've ever been in. A sideways glance shot towards Syrena as if her words were nearly directed at her. I spend the majority of my nights on the beach, watching the sun melt into the water. But there are plenty of other places you could spend your nights. The meadows, the ice caps, even the the forest. I, for one, do not know much of the other herds as I am still learning myself...

Her tones fell off kind of flat, she was almost sure Syrena could pick up where she left off explaining that. If not, hopefully it wasn't something that would make or break the idea of the Unbound for Sali. With her meek, quietness- Paradox felt it would be an easy suit for her. Along with the gentle, kindness of the other pegasi in the group like Chaska and Gemini. They would offer her kindness and she might even feel more at home with others of her species. Eyes glided from Sali to Syrena, it was hard to tell the reaction of the young mare as to which she was leaning towards, but Paradox hoped that she had rested her case well.
speech

@Syrena

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
The girl starts to grow a little bolder, which Syrena likes. She doesn’t necessarily mind the questions. Not, that she’s necessarily the best on to be answering them, but she will. She’d not into meek or quiet companions. If she’s going to be forced to keep company, she’d rather they be worth her time at least. Syrena was a monster, in life before Helovia, and she can’t really keep company with anyone who shies at the idea of her, now can she? She’s no longer deadly or even all that dangerous, but still, there are moments when the old her slips out. When she can’t help the stories of the sirens that sit on her tongue.

Bitterness has taken hold though, dragged her once high head closer to the ground. It’s made her impatient. She’d love to say it’s made her unkind, but she’s always been unkind. It takes effort to stand in a crowd a make small talk, or not to growl at the mare with her returned pointed look as she makes her own little speech. She doesn’t though. In fact, no flicker of interest or annoyance crosses her face instead, and she just ignores it. Let the Unbound think they are so very different from a herd. What difference does it really make for Syrena? In the end, she has no interest in the girl if the girl has no interest in the Falls. No reason to waste anyone’s time.

Instead of taking the bait, she actually laughs slightly, an odd dry sound with a hint of amusement. “It’s been a while since I stood in the Threshold, but I’m often alone. Seems we have something in common,” she says, with almost a smile at Paradox. Almost. But it’s not personal, Syrena just doesn’t really smile.

The masked mare trails off, unable to answer anything more about the herds. Syrena picks up where the mare left off, not knowing a whole lot of details, but aware of the basics. She’s been in Helovia long enough that she’s no stranger to the way this place operates. “There are four herds, and each has a patron God, though you are not necessarily required to worship said God. The Aurora Basin, in the north, and they pretty much only accept unicorns. The Dragon’s Throat, in the south, which is made almost entirely of Pegasi, so they’d take you,” she says, nodding at the wings. “The World’s Edge, which as the name suggests is situated on a cliff or something like that. And the Hidden Falls, which again, as the name suggests, is full of waterfalls and hidden paths in the mountains. Both of those herds accept any species.”

She pauses for a moment, letting that sink in. Then she picks up again, still more or less where Paradox left off. “A herd is far from a prison. It’s a specific land that you know you can always call home, and a place where you know you will find others who accept you as part of their family. You are excepted to attend meetings, and in the Falls at least, you are expected to have a job. Granted, I still haven’t picked one, and I’ve been there for a while, so they are not super strict. You can sleep on the beach if you want, or the meadow, or you can carve out a place in the Falls that is all your own. You can also come and see what you think of the place, and leave and join a different herd or find the Unbound if you don’t like it. The decision you make today is hardly binding. It’s just a step into life here.” Having spoken far more than she likes to, and far more than the girl probably even needed, she shuts up. The choice was hers, and Syrena really figured she was only here to offer what information in that choice she could. Clearly, she’s a terrible recruiter, but it’s always felt rather like a waste of energy to fight over someone else’s life choices.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Outcast
Nyara

Sali

Something tells me these two don't get along so well. Although, that could just be my hyperactive imagination, but it's none off my business. I know this well, yet it still eats at me, like for some reason I want them to get along. As though I could do anything about it. So instead, I linger awkwardly and grip my curiosity like a lifeline. It was the only thing keeping me grounded right now, anyway. Audits flicker forward eagerly as the masked one speaks, and I mull over her words before nodding thoughtfully. I knew how that felt, the feeling that being alone was the better option, even when deep down you know it'll just eat away at your soul till there's nothing left. Yet then again, has not company been the same for me? I refrain from sighing, and instead force a soft smile to my face and listen on.

Oh. Well though that does sound lovely, it's not quite the answer I was looking for. I swish my tail slightly and try not to look disappointed at the fact she knows little more than I do, which is hardly much. Instead I tilt my head, imagining the sun sinking into the waves, which I can honestly say I've never seen. I briefly peer at the fire ball and wander how it returns each day after drowning into the sea at night. And why it never rises in the same place of which it sunk. "I've never seen the sea before" I admit, more to myself than them. When nothing more is said, I turn my attention back to Syrena in hopes of further explanation. I'd only ever seen a waterfall once, and it hadn't been that spectacular in my opinion. Just water falling off a cliff.

Was that a, laugh? I blink slowly at the strange, dry, slightly humored cackle and almost feel like echoing it. I don't. Instead I listen to the words, that seem for the most part directed at Paradox. And so I wait my answer in patient silence, willing myself not to fidget as I itch to run, to stretch my wings and fly. I've never stood still for long, never stayed in one place since my father tried to kill me. I'd avoided stallions since that day too. And everyone really. It takes me a second to realize Syrena is speaking to me now, and I make up for my laps with pricked ears and holding myself still. A god? I'm not sure if I'd actually worship a god to be honest. I listen intently as Syrena goes on, and at the mention of a herd of pegasi, my mind stalls. So I could live with my own kind? I almost smile at the thought, but the idea of living in an actual herd still seems rather intimidating. And awkward.

Do they realize they're just making the choice even harder? I am almost tempted to turn them both down and walk away, but the idea of a home is just to great to ignore. Which on calls to you Sali? I almost snap back at myself that I don't know, nor am I sure if I want to live with a herd. Or even in Helovia to be honest. My ears flicker back and forth, my indecisive mind wrestling between the options. When I make a decision, I'm still not very sure, but I decide I might as well chose a place where I am less, bound. I turn my gaze to Paradox and try to visualize again the home I'd have if I went with her. Imagine the sun bleeding into the ocean. "I think I would like to join the Unbound, if you'll have me." I probably sound like a timid foal, whose voice echos the hope shimmering in her eyes. I meet Syrena's gaze briefly, and her nonchalance assures me from my own knowledge of her so far that at least she shan't be all that offended. At least from what I can tell.

"I talk." I think.

Smack

She seems very on edge as if ready to bolt at any minute, and Paradox can't seem to understand why. But, Paradox has never been timid- in any sort of way. Sure, she had bad life experiences, but never serious abuse or anything. She probably still wouldn't be timid anyway....probably just would've made her meaner. A small smirk tugs at one corner of her mouth at the thought, but she shuts it down so she doesn't seem crazy. The weird masked girl smirking at herself. She stifles a chuckle- she's simply cracking herself up. The mare speaks and Paradox is snapped from her reverie. Ah, the sea. It was what won her over as well. It was her safe place. A gentle smile pulled at her lips and she dipped her head towards the mare. It is my favorite place. Her tones were soft, and for once truly genuine.

The Syrena mare spoke again. Again offering subtle shots at Paradox's own explanation. She ignored them- again. Why did these things always turn into a pissing match? After the mare talked for what seemed like forever, a silence lingered around them. The new mare shot sideways glances and seemed again as if she might bolt at any second. I guess decision making was hard for her. Finally, she spoke up- choosing the Unbound. A swell of pride formed in Paradox's chest. Finally. Finally she had done something worth something for the Unbound. She kept her elation bottled up and only offered a genuine smile and a tip of her head. Of course we will have you. Ashamin, our leader, will be thrilled to meet you. Come, follow me. We will head straight to the beach. She sat back and pivoted on lean haunches and trodded off toward the Endless Blue, waiting only momentarily for the girl to follow.
speech

ooc: I will make a post in the Endless Blue and then you can reply and we will have other Unbound members come in to meet Sali! You will also need to post to have her ranks changed from unclaimed to Outcast and make a request to be added to the Unbound Secret Room which is where all our updates and such are posted. Welcome to the Unbound!

@Sali