Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

And now, I finally know what it feels like
To risk everything and still survive
When you’re standing on the battlefield
And all the pain is real

Seven years had seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye. In the small herd he had been born, Xanthos had grown up loving and protecting his family with everything he had. As adventurous as he was, he'd often found himself in some bad situations, and through trial and error had learned just how much he could handle. When he had come of age, the young stallion had been chased off to start a life of his own, choosing to explore the lands for as long as he could, until now. Now, it was finally time to make his mark on this world. Helovia was a land full of wonder; there were more than just unicorns, which Xanthos knew best. He had always believed that Gods truly did exist, but he had never laid witness to them.

As he made his way into the land, the grullo took in the mountainous terrain when wonderous eyes. It was absolutely beautiful here, and while it put the stallion on edge to sense so many others here, he knew that this was a place of general peace. He only came to a stop when he came into a small clearing in the trees. His ears moved about in keen alertness, searching for anyone that might take interest in a new recruit in their herd. Xanthos held no interest in leading a herd himself, instead seeking a role at a leader's side. Whomever chose him, if any, he would make sure to prove himself at any means necessary.

That’s when you realize
That you must’ve done something right
Cause you’ve never felt so alive

Unicorn | Seven | Grullo | Stallion

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

An elegant shape moved in the distance, through trees and around dying bushes. It was a mare of silver in color. With darkened legs and white hair. She moved swiftly among the death filled land. The winter season had carelessly taken the life. Although this winter was hard and strict. Without the availability of heat from the sun, because of an ignorant god, the one for the sun, made terrible choices. Now because of his faults these beautiful creatures suffered. Well the only beautiful ones were born with horns, the rest... just slave dogs she cared nothing for. Just piles of crap to be beaten and forced into work not suited for them.

Now she leaned against a tree. Breaths smoking around her face. Carefully creeping through her vision while beautifying the snow that continued to fall dramatically. Elizabeth looked into an opening in the forest. Watching like a predator at the grullo male accompanying her. It was fun to her to be invisible. Although now was no time to be stalking. Stepping forth from the shelter of bare trees she closed the distance between them quickly. It was obvious now, her presence.

"Does it suit you to travel alone, darling?" sly tenors bounced around in the air. Aiming to land to his own ears. Elizabeth began to absorb his form with her silver, bright, eyes. Drinking in each blemish and perfection. Standing taller than him she held her head higher to prove that of dominance of information. Being here long she felt it her duty to put him to his position. After all she was a fallen queen, it was all she knew. Waiting for an answer, like demanding a peasant.

Outcast

And all the pain is real

He could feel it; that creeping, unsettling feeling that washes over you when you're being watched. The stallion did not tense, however, as he was confident in his abilities to fend off anything that might pose the threat of an attack. Perhaps he was foolish to think this way, or even a bit arrogant, but if that were true, then he honestly begged to be shown differently.

When his guest showed herself, Xanthos turned to face her, but remained at the slightest angle so as not to present a challenge. While he wasn't always right, Xanthos was quite adept when it came to reading others. Right away he could tell that the silvery mare held herself in high regards, and while he didn't know her, he could guess that she had every right to do so. Then again, it could be the exact opposite.

The grullo had always thought himself somewhat imposing, but looking upon this mare, he was quite impressed by just how much she towered over him. Respectfully, he dropped his head ever so slightly, but it was by no means in a submissive manner. "Truthfully, no; it gets lonely wandering this earth alone for so long." Even now, meeting the mare's eyes, Xanthos found himself forming questions in his mind. Was she an outcast, much like he had been for the last few years, or did she have a place to call home? And either way, when this was over, would he find himself in leagues with, or against her?

"I'm Xanthos," he spoke up then, and honestly wouldn't have been surprised if his introduction wasn't followed up by some sort of remark, or even a laugh. He didn't know what it was, but this unicorn just seemed so much... different, than the ones he had known back home. "And you...?"

That’s when you realize

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

When her approach was recognized he turned to face her. Elizabeth's eyes watched as he slowly sunk his head a bit. She loved it. Instantly he gained her loyalty and respect, she would help him at her cost. Although she was racist, and he may not of been, because of the way he was slightly submisive he gained her likings. It was personal. She had to have the feeling of power and hope, of her people looking up to her. Just an Elizabeth thing.

"Then let me accompany you." she smiled. Bravely giving some help kindly. A breath taken, "Tell me, Xanthos, what is it that attracts you to one place. I may be of assistance to guide you in the right direction." she'd heard of the herds. The Foothills, Throat, and Edge. Oh the Edge that had been taken over. The unicorn land that had been lost. If she'd have came sooner the fight would have been a pleasure to her. Helping them in keeping the land for her kin was of the greatest advantage. Now her and these two creatures kind roamed through the Frostbreath and Arch. Elizabeth firmly locked her silver eyes to his, "Woops, I almost forgot, I'm Elizabeth." giving an answer to his former question easily. Happily. Almost arrogantly.

|ooc- I love the way you word your posts, it keeps me into the move of things and focused, not too big of words and not too small of words to make it boring! Very entertaining.|

Outcast

And all the pain is real

As he was just a newcomer to Helovia, he knew little of the lands it held,and was more than happy to hear what the mare had to say. For years he had longed for companionship. He could be jumping the gun, but he hoped that the longing might soon be over with. At her question, the grullo seemed to think for a moment before he decided to answer.

"I long for a sense of belonging," he said, choosing his words carefully, "I've been searching for that for so long." For years, that was exactly what Xanthos had been yearning for. A place he could call home, with a herd he would be proud to fight for; one he would lay his life down for in an instant.

When the mare introduced herself, the stallion smiled softly. "Elizabeth," he repeated, then continued on, his interest peeking at her previous words. If she thought she could help him, he was willing to try anything. "Do you think you could help me? I don't mean to be frank, but... where do you call home?

|ooc - Thank you so much!! :) I'm excited to see where this goes.|

That’s when you realize

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Silence was at a state in the moment. Elizabeth held her breath and released quietly among the air, the fog rising like steam. Her interest peaked when words were spilled again. At his statement though she paused, wondering. "Hmmm..." voice trailing off thoughtfully. Picking through her brain she tried to form Xanthos' personality by his figure. Body posture, words, reflexes. The one thing she was getting at couldn't be pin-pointed though. He longed for a place to belong, she longed for all of her kind to be racist and know their great place in the world, so what kind of belonging did he want?

Unicorns were supreme. Rats in the sky and the naked that walked this earth were to be nothing more than a pile of dirt. Or atleast slaves. Avoiding his question of home Elizabeth set her topic around the fact of help and finding. "Xanthos, brother, I will kindly help one of my blood. But it is what you believe that will determine the path you chose." pausing for a brief moment she stepped forth, putting her face eye level with his. Glaring harshly into his soul. Intense and serious words came, "Do you wish to walk upon this land as an equal, or do you wish to reign supreme with your own kin, unicorns?" Elizabeth's gaze never leaving his. Staring coldly into his eyes. Waiting.

Outcast

And all the pain is real

Xanthos would be the first to admit that he had an open mind. He had always been that way, and honestly, he was glad for it. It allowed him to see things from every degree, instead of simply jumping to conclusions and proclaiming that he was always right. At Elizabeth's statement, he looked perplexed, and even more so at her question. The grullo had never thought himself above any other, be they equine or not, so such a question came difficult for him to answer. Despite his age and his extensive travels, he had yet to meet a winged horse, and to make an opinion on them would be wrong of him.

Still, Xanthos found himself unable to simply say 'no' and walk away. He wasn't sure what it was about Elizabeth, but something drew him to her. The mystery she exuded made him yearn to learn more of just what she was talking about, of what she had brewing in that mind of hers.

Certainly she had to think he was taking forever to answer, and looking hard into the mare's silver eyes, the stallion allowed a soft exhale to escape before speaking. "Yes... I do. Allow me to stand at your side, and I will prove to you that I am indispensable." While deep down in his heart he knew that wasn't true, he'd been unable to stop himself from saying it. Had he just started the life he'd always wanted, or had he made one of the worst mistakes in his life? Only time would tell, and for this stallion, he hoped that the odds weren't against him.

That’s when you realize

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

"I will hold you to your word." her tone a simple one. After swallowing in his nature of return in question she understood he was one to question about. To watch for. He may not always be that of a faithful man. Yet Elizabeth found some hope for him. Deeply holding regard for the time he took to answer. He thought long and hard about it. Questions of which she asked should be answered thoughtfully. Not just spat out.

Now she exclaimed gently, "This way to see your kin." smiling evily she moved her cranium carefully suggesting to the way of the Frostbreath. "We must exit the Threshold before nightfall to ensure our chances of arriving to the Frostbreath by tomorrow." stepping forth and around to follow back where she had come from.

|ooc- would you like me to make a thread in the Frostbreath and invite Mauja to join (king of the unicorns basically) or Psyche (part of the unicorn herd but leader of the Plague)?|