Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

when your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know
with the darkness fed i will be your scarecrow</style>

"Cera thinks you don't love him."

"What?"

"I talked to Cera and he said that you don't love him."

"..."

"Cera didn't have a mom, she abandoned him and Midas-- dad found him and raised him. You would have been his mom if dad would have taken him to the Foothills to live with us. You still can be his mom if you try!"

Ktulu was frowning as she made her way toward the Dragon's Throat. She couldn't remember the last time she'd set hoof on the sands there and she truly hadn't intended on going back because she didn't particularly care for the heat. Ranjiri, however, had been upset after speaking with Cera and in not so many words had insisted that the Constrictor correct mistakes she'd made in her past.

"Cera is not my child, Ranjiri."

"He's my brother!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't think he feels like he's part of our family. He found me after the darkness, he took me home to the Throat and he took care of me. He's just as much a part of this family as Uncle Archi is!"

The dark mare sighed because she knew that Ranjiri had a point. Had she and Midas remained together she would have been Cera's mother, she would have taken care of him just as she took care of Hototo and Jiji and Murtagh. After she and Midas had split up she hadn't even thought about Cera, though she had watched him in the times when he had come to visit Ranjiri. She didn't think Midas would even like if she were around the child that he had adopted. But she wasn't surprised that her daughter considered him a brother, after all she had grown up with him. 

"Everyone needs a mom, and everyone needs a dad."

Ahead of her stretched the ocean and on the other side was the Dragon's Throat. Ktulu walked along the shoreline, looking for the land bridge that she remembered being there, but it wasn't anywhere to be found. 'I remember hearing that it was destroyed.' Eytan reminded his bonded which made her scowl. "How am I supposed to get over there? Swim?" It wouildn't have been the first time she'd swam to get to an island, she'd swam all the way to the Riptide isles when it appeared.

"CERA!"  The dark mare bellowed loudly enough for her voice to carry to the island. She hoped the winged boy was there and that he heard her because she really didn't want to swim across. Eytan stood watching for a few seconds before he wandered over to the water. It was a hot day and the water was cool, he had no intention of sitting around sweating when he could be lounging in the surf.

"Everyone needs a mom and dad...."

"Talk." 

ooc://
she's on the shoreline opposite the DT waiting for Cera.

Credits

@Cera

Icon by Tay

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
Try to find if it was worth what you spent, why you're guilty for the way you're feeling now

Seeing Ranjiri once more had eased the sting of loneliness that he carried like a constant weight across his shoulders, these days. It would never be the same as having her there with him, as he had once had her. But he knew that she had to figuratively leave the nest. Stretch her wings. And if love had a part of that...well, Cera had never really felt love in that capacity, only had the old feelings for Sikeax to give him any sort of frame of reference, but he understood nonetheless. She was no longer a child, and he could not expect to continue holding her to that age in his mind. 

What they had spoken of had not left Cera. He doubted it ever would, for he hadn't even dealt with his own personal feelings towards his long-dead father. And seeing Ranjiri suffer was never something that Cera could easily cast away or forget. With a sigh he cast his verdant eyes to the coastline, wishing to see her again already, despite having no real reason to seek her out. He could not constantly depart from his duties, not with their other Forger now gone. And so he worked, toiling away on the church in  his spare time. But if he closed his eyes, feeling the sea breeze in his mane and the salt in his nares, well...nobody was around to see him taking a break from his duties. 

"CERA!"

It rang so fiercely that Cera startled, armor instinctively beginning to unfold from his leg brace before he settled. It was a female voice, and something nagged at his memory, not quite clicking into place as he tried to remember who it was. But they had called him by name...surely he could not leave them waiting. 

The Prince galloped forth into the surf, wings sending water spraying as he ascended into the sky. He flew low across the water, eyes keen and scouting for whoever had beckoned him from across the waves. She was immediately distinguishable, a dark spot against the pale sands. For a moment he thinks it's Ryuu, for how similar the two appear, but trepidation builds as he realizes all at once that it's Ktulu. The last time he'd seen the mare...well, it had been at Hototo's death. 

White hooves strike into the ocean before her, not wanting to crowd her by landing on the strip of land between she and the water. Head dips in respectful deference, though his eyes linger a bit boldly on her face. 

"Ktulu," he speaks clearly, wings folding at his sides lest they begin to flex nervously. The colt inside him still remembers this mare as Hototo's mother, as the strict and imposing shadow beside his father, and his consciousness cannot shake that impression even as he stands before her as a fully grown stallion. "What brings you to the Throat? Is Ranjiri okay?" And fear darkens in his soul, eyes going a bit wild with the thought. Energy races through his body, prepared to spring forth into the sky and seek out his baby sister immediately if Ktulu even hinted that she was not in perfect mental and physical health. For surely Ktulu was only here for either Ranjiri or his crafting abilities. 

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5

It wasn't long that Ktulu had to wait before she saw a winged stallion flying across the water to her. She stood still, waiting, and when he was close enough to land she backed away several paces to give him room. From his place lounging in the surf Eytan grunted his greeting at Cera just before a wave washed over his head and left him spluttering and spitting out the salty water.

"Ktulu. What brings you to the Throat? Is Ranjiri okay?"

From the way her daughter had spoken about Cera, it didn't surprise the dark mare that he inquired about her well-being.  "Ranjiri is fine."  She assured the younger stallion. "I didn't come here to talk to you about her."  She didn't know where to begin or how to bring up what her daughter had told her. She wasn't good at expressing feelings and emotions in ways that weren't physical.

"Everyone needs a family, Momma."

"I know."

"And not just a herd family. A family that loves you and accepts you no matter what herd you want to be in or what you do."

"I wanted to thank you."  She said, deciding that it would be easiest to start there. "For taking care of Ranjiri. She speaks very highly of you, you know."  She tried on a smile, it was small and faint, but it was there nonetheless. "And I wanted to tell  you that you're welcome to visit her and Murtagh in the Falls whenever you like." She continued on. "Family is never turned away." Would that be enough to make him understand that she was acknowledging him as part of her family? Aside from outright telling him she didn't know what else to do.

"I want Cera to know that he's part of this family. I don't want him to ever doubt it again, Momma."

"I know. I'll fix it."

"." 

Credits

@Cera

Icon by Tay

Cera
Try to find if it was worth what you spent, why you're guilty for the way you're feeling now

A wince and an apologetic glance is spared for the bear he had unintentionally splashed. Had he known the creature better he would have spoken an apology aloud, but he did not want to be disrespectful by taking his eyes and attention off the Constrictor. Her stoicism seemed so out of place on a face so much like Ranjiri's, whose golden heart and easy smiles had filled his world since her birth. But he respected this woman, owed her so much for bringing Ranjiri into the world and raising her to be the sister he knew. He wouldn't disrespect her, even if this was his herd she was standing before. 

Relief swept through him like the crashing waves on the beach, the subtle tension of his wings and shoulders drooping. She's safe. While it was agony to be alone and not have his sister with him, it was torture to know that if any danger befell her, Cera would not be able to make it to her in time. He wanted to trust the denizens of the Hidden Falls, but he couldn't. He couldn't trust anybody with something as precious as Ranjiri. And Cera dreaded the day the news reached him that something happened to her. 

"Good," he sighed under his breath, barely audible with how the relieved tone swept across his vocals instead of the definition and enunciation of the word. But confusion rippled across his brow, drawing his handsome face into a somber, inquisitive look as Ktulu clarified that she had not come on Ranjiri's behalf. Cera nearly opened his mouth to speak, to prompt and ask her what it was she did need then, but Ktulu finally broke her own silence before it became uncomfortable for him. 

"I wanted to thank you."

Cera's face drew wide and open with surprise, so stunned he didn't even know how to react much less try to imagine what to say. Even if he was quick enough on his feet to do so, Ktulu was faster, smoothly bulldozing her way through (was that even possible?). A flush overtook Cera, humble and embarrassed in equal parts as she confessed that Ranjiri spoke so highly of him. He felt undeserving of such praise. He was hardly Ranjiri's caretaker, she was more than capable of handling herself. He had only tried to love and support her in all she did and would ever do. Be there for her during the nightmares and the dark hours when the world was too cruel to bear its weight. He didn't deserve such praise. 

"You never need to thank me for doing that," the stallion assured firmly. "I'd do anything for her." Cera would die for her in a moment's notice, and never regret the days and hours he would miss out on that he should have been granted. But that wasn't Ktulu's only groundbreaking surprise. As if she'd come here just to knock his world completely off balance. 

Family is never turned away.

Family.

Cera took a long moment to digest what she had said, the subtext and the implications that she wouldn't outright come and say. And he finally realized why she was here. His conversation with Ranjiri. And for a moment he's deeply embarrassed by the fact that Ranjiri had confronted her mother with such a topic. He was a fully grown stallion...it was far too late for Ktulu to become a mother to him in the way he had always needed back then. 

But it still meant something. 

"Thank you, Ktulu," he whispered, overcome by emotion but keeping it tamped down purposefully. And he didn't know what inspired him to say it, but his tongue ran away with him in that moment, spurred on by Ktulu's outstretched hand. 

"I asked Midas every day to go to you. All I ever wanted was to be an unbroken family. It...means a lot to me. Truly." And if she noticed the bitter way he said his father's name, well. She probably felt the same.

The relief that washed over his face and that she heard in his tone was a telltale sign of just how much he cared about Ranjiri and it made Ktulu glad that her daughter had had a brother that cared about her so. But she was not there to talk to Cera about the girl, so she had pressed on and it seemed that he understood what she had meant by telling him that family wouldn't be turned away from the Falls. His surprise made her frown because she knew then that Ranjiri had been right in telling her that he hadn't felt like he was part of their screwed up family.

He thanked her and she nodded her head and opened her mouth to speak, but Cera was speaking once more, and so she pressed her lips together and listened. It was not hard to detect the bitterness in Cera's tone when he spoke of Midas, but it wasn't something that Ktulu would call him out on. She held her own resentment and bitterness for the stallion that she didn't know if she would ever be able to let go of. "I asked him to stay with us. For you both to stay with us." Ktulu said. "I couldn't very well leave the Foothills, we had only just captured it... and I don't care much for the desert." She sighed and pressed on.

"I know its too late for me to be a mother to you, but if you need something I'm in the Falls."  The notion of mothering Cera was ridiculous, he was a fully grown stallion, but he had cared for her daughter, Ranjiri considered him her brother so if there was anything she could do for him she would. "I can't offer you an unbroken family," She continued on, "but I can offer you a family nonetheless." 

Her crimson gaze fell from Cera and looked toward Eytan as he finally pulled himself out of the ocean surf. He'd had enough of the waves crashing over his head and so he made his way over to Ktulu and sat by her hooves. 'I hate sand.' He groaned. 'Its all stuck in my fur.' Ktulu shook her head and as she did she caught the glint of gold out of the corner of her eye.

"When Midas and I first met I was living in the Dragon's Throat." She told Cera. "I was pregnant with Hototo, I believe. I helped him on a quest from the Earth God and when I left the Throat he gave me three strands of gold that he crafted himself. I've carried them with me in my mane for ... a long time. If you would like one of them you can have it." She offered, because as far as she knew neither of Midas' children had gotten anything to remember him by when he'd died.

"." 

Credits

@Cera

Icon by Tay

Cera

Cera had to avert his gaze as she spoke, confessing that she had been begging just as much as young Cera had. It was not really a surprise considering all that Cera knew about Midas, and his past with them. But it didn't make the knowledge any easier, that on all sides of the board the ones who loved Midas had been pleading with him to make the choice to bring them together. And even with all of that...Midas had still turned away. And Cera, Ranjiri, and Hototo had all suffered for it. He didn't doubt that Ktulu had, as well. He tried to summon a wry smile, focusing instead on what she said next and forget the sourness writhing in his breast. 

"Ranjiri didn't care for the heat much either," he chuckled, trying to summon more positive emotions to get through this already emotional ordeal. His eyes drifted upwards towards Ktulu's familiar rubies, seeing Ranjiri staring back at him. "Maybe not in the traditional sense," he hedged, suddenly feeling shy and unsure with the words he wanted to say. His eyes flicked between the space between his hooves and Ktulu's eyes. Here she was offering a family...and yet he was still nervous to propose what he wanted. 

"I...Midas was not around much with his duties. There's so much I never learned, things a mother could have taught me. In that way...could I still turn to you for guidance?" With a sigh he cast his eyes towards the Falls where it lay multiple days journey away. "I've tried to guide Ranjiri as best I can. But even I am only working on an incomplete base of knowledge." Now that Ranjiri lived in the Falls with Ktulu, she could ask her mother for advice. But Cera...he needed that too. A feminine touch, even if Ktulu didn't necessarily have an effeminate aura. 

"Thank you," he murmured, touched by this huge thing she was offering him. The sheer magnitude of what it meant to him emotionally was beyond words or definition. "I would love to meet Murtagh." He'd never be able to replace Hototo, who had been the only elder sibling Cera had ever had. But he'd be the first younger brother for Cera. And Cera would do his best to care for him as deeply as he did Ranjiri, if the boy was amicable. 

Cera had to turn his head when she spoke Hototo's name, knowing her grief was so much stronger than his but unable to deny his own. But what she was offering him. Cera swallowed hard. His face was stiff with Ranjiri's remembered words. 

"He's in the Falls... and I don't know where his stuff is. It... was all given away to someone else... another mare with one wing. I wish... I wish I had something to give you. I don't even have a feather... I'm sorry."

And here she was, offering him a piece of his father to keep for the rest of his days. 

"Thank you. Thank you, Ktulu. All his possessions...they were given to another, we had nothing to remember him by...you don't know how much this means to me," his voice is choked, and Ilaria finally surfaces from where she'd been quietly huddling behind his wing, allowing them privacy. She wandered up to Cera's shoulder, reaching out her paws towards Ktulu in offering to grab the golden chain from her mane. Cera shuffled to give the panda more room, taking the time to hide his face and try to rediscover his emotional control. No matter how he felt towards Midas, he still loved him. And any item of his would be treasured forever. 

There was not much that Ktulu could say on the topic of Midas not being around much because of his duties because she'd been in the same boat with Ranjiri. It was hard to be a mother and lead a herd, just as it was difficult to be a mother and lead a group of warriors. "Its hard to balance your dutues to your herd and your duties as a parent." Was all that she could say because it was the truth. There were many times when she found herself working so much that she didn't know what was going on in her child's or Lakota's life. There was always so much that needed to be done and so little time to do it and it was hard to take a moment for herself. She could still relate to Midas in that way.

"There's so much I never learned, things a mother could have taught me. In that way...could I still turn to you for guidance?"

Ktulu wasn't entirely sure about what kind of guidance Cera would be needing. 'Maybe talk about the birds and the bees.' Eytan suggested wryly. 'Maybe Midas didn't tell him where babies come from and he wants to know now.' Her head turned and she stared down at the bear. "You can't be serious." The bear simply shrugged his shoulders as he looked up at his bonded. 'Stranger things have happened.' Was the only response he gave her.

"Sure." Ktulu sighed and nodded her head as her attention returned to Cera once more. "I'll do what I can." Because sometimes her advice consisted of kill it with fire and if he truly needed the talk as Eytan had suggested she didn't think killing it with fire would work to Cera's benefit.

She was glad that Cera accepted the offer of the gold chains that Midas had crafted, though he did mention that all of Midas' possesions were given to someone else. "I wondered what had happened to it all." She replied as she stepped closer for Cera's companion to untangle the gold from her mane. She didn't know who his possesions might have been given to, but it didn't matter now that his son had something of his father's. "You're welcome, Cera."

"."
Credits

@Cera
[url=http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=355][/url]

Icon by Tay