the Rift

[PRIVATE] Critical mass
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The sounds of his uncertainty and rather adorable panic faded into the roar of the ocean and waves of pain. She had no words for him in this moment, struggling as much as she was on breathing. He would get the gist in time, and eventually he did. His words of encouragement were welcome, and she breathed steadily, focusing on safely delivering their child into his world. Torleik was supportive and strong, taking place up near her head in support. This was how having a child should be - with the father hovering nearby as a sentinel of strength and peace. Ophelia pitied the women who had children alone in this moment, especially when she had the best at her side.

She sat up when both children were settled and recovered her breathing, seeing the way her daughter was still quite upset and her son was already wanting to stand. Ophelia chuckled softly when the boy finally rested against his sister, and she smiled, tucking her legs up under herself to have a moment of rest. Ophelia tracked Torleik's moment when he came to rest near her as well, his stunning, ice colored eyes twinkling with unshed tears. Hers were a similar lustre, and she hummed when he thanked her for carrying their children and finally giving them life.

"So have you," she replied lovingly. "I am... content. Happy. At peace." Ophelia smiled, closing her eyes and yawning a little in her exhaustion. "They still need names too," she said softly. "I suggest 'Eleanor' for the girl. Ellie for short. I think it's fitting." Ophelia had no specific ties to the name. It was related to her history, but that was what made it special. The filly could forge her own path, free from the darkness that flowed in her bloodline.

They were far removed from Riekahn and Paladin now, a generation distanced and far more peaceful. Though as she looked upon their son, she could see the tell-tale signs of crimson that could have only come from her lineage. The Crimson King would always leave his mark in some way. She could only hope that he would end up very different. That would be their responsibility now. Hers and Torleik's.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Critical mass - by Ophelia - 08-06-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Torleik - 08-06-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Ophelia - 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Torleik - 08-06-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Eleanor - 08-06-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Rhun - 08-06-2016, 06:33 PM