the Rift

[OPEN] Slushpuppy

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

Not a day went by without the cold-skinned little filly sending a thought of thanks to Iona for giving her the enchanted bracelet. If she could, she would have thanked the creator of the item too, because it was a life savor in these hot, cloudless days. While incapable of reducing the temperature it granted blessed reprieve from the glaring light of the sun, enveloping its wearer in a bubble of night that extended as far as her eyes could see. Some might find the endless darkness tedious, but not Erthë. Night was her favorite time of day, its shadows her playground and the muted colors were to her so much more intriguing than the brilliance of the day.

Ordinarily she would have waited until the actual night fell before venturing out onto the meadow to graze, but she was hungry and thirsty and not really in the mood for waiting around. Finding fresh grass was not an easy task however. What wasn't brown and wilted had grown tough and chewy from lack of water, the earth was hard and cracked. With each step a cloud of dust rose up, to hover indefinitely in the still air. Only by the river did the grass still grow lush and green, clinging to muddy banks and huddling in the shade beneath scattered groves of trees - too hardy to wilt from a mere season of drought, yet in peril none the less as fires sprung up to lip at root and branch.

Gingerly, wary of getting trapped in the thick, sucking mud Erthë picked her way down the steep banks of the river. The water was brown and thick with sediment, creeping along far below its usual levels. It was water none the less though, and for all that it was lukewarm and tasted heavily of clay it eased the thirst and brought much needed relief to her parched throat. Deep, happy swallows were followed by a crash and unabashed splashing as she pawed the surface with milky cloves, a sigh of relief escaping her when the liquid rushed over her legs and sprayed the back and neck.

Grimy trails stained the pale coat while droplets rolled off the shapely body, dying porcelain in hues of brown and gray. But the filly just waded deeper into the stream - she couldn't care less what she looked like, especially when there was no one around to look at her. Cool was more important than clean right now, and to further emphasize this she worked her magic on the water, so that chunks and pebbles of ice soon bobbed around her in a slush nearly as thick as the mud.

"Oh, that's so much better" she sighed, closing her eyes in a shudder of delight as the ice cooled and soothed her sweaty hide. "Dear Time God, could you consider speeding this season up a bit? People are suffering here..."

Or maybe it was the Sun she should pray to, for a bit of mercy on the poor mortals who had to live under the oppression of his 'love'. Too bad they weren't on a first name and asking favors basis. At any rate, it could not be said enough that Erthë looked forward to the end of Tallsun. Any season was better than this one. Give her a blizzard any time. Please.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Kae

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA was well on her way to the Throat now. The mild heat of her homeland, and all its comforts, now miles behind her hazelnut little body. Her hide was beginning to perspire, collecting the dust her hooves kicked up, but she didn't care a whit. She was finally on the move again. Adventuring, away from all the mares who were prettier than her and made her feel small and boring. Not that she wasn't either one of those things, she was, she just hated being reminded of the fact on a regular basis.

Her small hooves hit the earth assuredly, strongly. She was a -titled- horse, a horse with a purpose, off to meet another herd to see about supplies. That was kindof interesting, right? At least she wasn't just wandering aimlessly... /Oh, stab me now. All I think about is work and complain about my  lack of studs and friends...where did all my depth go? Am I incapable of an intellectual thought?/ She hops majestically over a fallen log in the path, thinking how awesome it would have been if someone had seen that skillful (aka, trip-less) execution. /Yup, ok yup. Thats my answer. I deserve the loneliness I have right now for sure hahaha/ The last part she chuckles out loud to herself. Adulting was boring. That was the plain truth. When you're young you can't wait to grow up and take a position in society but once you get there...that position is all you do. True, trips like these were nice to break the monotony. But they weren't usually particularly interesting.

A dry, pained cough comes out of her mouth and she's reminded that she should probably take a break at some point. Perhaps she could find that stream she'd stopped off at before? The landscape was fairly familiar. Two seconds later, with her head held high and blue eyes squinting against the heat, she falls right into the dirty stream. A quiet, but no less high pitched, squeal emits from her throat as she extricates herself from the mud. Her lower legs were the worst of it, thank the Gods, but the rest of her hadn't escaped the filthy water's touch.

/Well, at least I found the water./ Thinks the terrene mare to herself dryly. Her head droops to the water's surface, wiggling to move the dirt away from her mouth, as she sucks up a good portion. When she's done she smacks her lips and lets out a satisfied sigh before wiping her mouth on her upper leg. Thirst sated she looks about the general area and quickly finds the delicate, beautiful, feminine white figure downstream a ways. Though her body was covered in the muddy water it was still everything Eldala was not and she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Her body was short and well proportioned but it wasn't delicate..not in the least. Nor did she consider herself particularly beautiful. /Seriously? Could a more perfect specimen of femininity be shoved down my throat? No?...didn't think so/ She wasn't sure if she'd been seen yet but she was considering making a getaway before she had to converse with the beauty. No doubt she had a sweet sing-song voice and a personality that simply entranced everyone.

..  "Words"

@Erthe

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

The squeal alerted Erthë to the presence of the other filly and she looked up from her icy bath in time to see the sand-colored figure land in the muddy water below the bank. She regarded her reservedly for a while, taking stock of horns and coiling tail while and felt reassured that no serious injuries had been acquired when the mare bowed her head and drank from the grimy water.

Erthë was fairly sure she had never seen this person before. It was by no means unusual. Helovia was a large continent and the herds were as large as they were plentiful. Many individuals preferred to keep to their homes and rarely left to explore the wild, and it was quite possible for even fellow herd mates to go seasons without crossing paths. She tried to guess where this mare might come from - well, based on her appearance there was one really good guess, but not any kind of certainty - and she stared so intently at the figure that she was unable to look away in time when the other suddenly looked around and spotted herself.

Feeling embarrassed at having been caught staring, Erthë forced a smile and shifted where she stood, reluctant to leave the spot of water that now felt pleasantly cool, filled as it was with a frigid slush and bobbing chunks of ice.

"You alright?" she called out, more for the sake of conversation than out of any real concern. "That was quite the tumble..."

Should she introduce herself? Would it be presumptuous to initiate a conversation out of the blue like this, or was it perhaps ruder to not say anything? Erthë swore quietly to herself, she hated these awkward meetings when she didn't know whether to move forward or back off. Everything had been so much easier when she was still a foal and completely unabashed, never hesitating to get in the face of anyone she wanted to talk to. Oh, she was still straightforward and bluntly honest when she wanted something, but when it came to the part of acting appropriate she felt utterly clueless.

Shifting her gaze awkwardly the small filly lowered herself deeper into the icy water, wishing she could just dip below the surface and float away. If only there was someone else to take over... she would like to switch out now please. Anyone?

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Eldala

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~