the Rift

[PRIVATE] Piece of History

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Time had passed, the events from before almost a fading memory. Perhaps you were lifted up to be let down. Perhaps the universe had forgotten.

But it had not.

The world has a way of testing you, seeing if you are worthy. What a better test than time? It transcends all things and brings even the mightiest to their knees. No one can escape the ever onward ticking clock, and memories come and go. But not the memories of things so ancient and powerful that they made a mark in time.

For time is forever, you see, but there are beings and things which cause it to ripple, waver and even crinkle. As you are drawn to the waves before you, white crests crashing around the soft sand, you are nearing one of these crinkles. A little rift. A tiny aberration in time.

You feel and sense it more than you can see it. Like a little place where two halves don't quite line up. You feel torn in two when your hooves straddle this imaginary line. And somewhere in the center, you see a shimmering light. Naturally, you approach. It's shiny, of course.

You clear away the space beneath and there, buried in the sands, is the most beautiful necklace. The mother of pearl surface is pale and colorful, and it's strung together with silver and gold accented chain. It's an artifact of the past. A piece of history from Helovia and those who were here before. Those who have lived as long call it "the guardian shell".

As your breath washes over it, it changes and ripples, the shells multiplying until they lay like a sheet all intertwined! It's armor, reflective, beautiful and completely mobile, bend and swaying to your figure. This is your piece of Helovia. Your whisper of history.

Congratulations!
:: [Item: Shell armor | A shell necklace which multiplies into chain mail of shells]
:: [Restrictions | Shells can be broken with extreme heat]

@Calypso

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
Time has passed, but I still have not sought out a home. In fact, Dae and I have wandered endlessly since leaving the Edge. Best choice I think I've ever made. I get to just be myself, and not worry what is thought of me. That day on the Flats still lingers in my mind. Would my father be proud or disappointed in me? I hope proud. I have kept my head high. Even in my shyness of battles... Which he had told me as a child that I was not fit for battle. After all, he did not think females belonged on the battlefield to begin with.

My legs had drawn us to the beach today. The waves seemingly calling my name. but as I draw closer to one place where the waves crest, something feels different. I glance to Dae, who bleets at me softly. Like the Flats. Her words are still childish in tone. After all, she does not speak very much. Only when she feels I need to understand something that I don't. I nod, agreeing with her words. The shimmering light drawing me in just a it did before. As I move closer, I feel as if i'm torn in two.

Gently, I alone work to clear the sand away. Dae stays back and quiet. As if she knows something bigger is going on here. I dig slow and gently until I uncover the necklace. Carefully I grip the chain between my lips and pull it from the sand. It's absolutely beautiful. Mother told me stories or Helovia, but nothing of items like this. Carefully, this time with Daenerys help I place the necklace around my neck. The moment my breath touches the shell it bursts to life. The shells multiply into... Is that armor?! I gasp softly. As I shift, it bends with my frame. I look to Dae, my face stunned. Was this from you Dad? Your one last attempt to protect me? My eyes lock with Dae's, and I watch my reflection in her's. I watch as my own expression changes from one of shock, to one of fury. I, Calypso.. The daughter of royalty... And a daughter of the sea. It's time for me to move on and take my place among a herd. To build that herd up and make them great.

With a smile, I turn and begin to head north. The one area that I have not explored. Maybe it will be there, that I find home at last.
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]