"I don't know."

'Stop that.'

"Stop what?"

'The 'i don' know' crap.'

"...."

'Now ya not gonna talk to me?'

"..."

'Keep it up and I'll shit on ya head again.'

Vadim sighed irritably because he knew that Vlasi was serious considering she'd done it to him before. Still, he ignored the rougarou that flew overhead, hovering precariously above him just in case he said 'I don't know' when she asked him another question. He didn't understand why she suddenly wanted to know where they were going and what their plans were, they'd never had plans before. They'd simply drifred and ended up wherever it was they ended up. Of course that had been before he'd had a family, but as far as he knew they were alone again-- he'd left the Edge when Erthe had disappeared and he hadn't been back since.

'You gotta stop moping.' The rougarou complained. 'You're realling bringin' me down.'

"I'm not moping." Vadim snorted. "I'm just walking." But he knew that Vlasi knew he was lying. He'd moped when Nayati had left, he'd moped when Shadow had died, and he moped when Erthe left.

'So they're gone.' The shape-shifted pressed on. 'I'm still here. We should party.'

"I don't party with things that shit on my head." He responded wryly.

'I'm not a thing' Vlasi huffed indignantly. 'I'm beautiful and you know it.'

Vadim rolled his eyes, but he didn't disagree mostly because he knew better than to disagree with the rougarou. She loved to argue and debate with him and somtimes he found himself missing the times before she learned how to speak into his mind.

'....are we there yet?'

"I don't know."

He should have expected it, he really should have. Vlasi had warned him, but he still jerked to a stop when he felt the warm plop of something he didn't want to think about just below his horn. His ears fell back and he glared up at his companion as she landed in one of the branches overhead. "You're disgusting." He muttered and he made his way toward the pond so he could wash the bird crap off of his face.

'I warned you!' Vlasi screeched from the tree behind him. 'I told you I'd do it! You made me!'

"Right." Vadim muttered to himself. "I made you do it." He snorted as he reached the pond and he stared in disgust at his reflection for a moment before he dunked his head under the water. Sometimes he wished he would have walked away when he found Vlasi's egg instead of protecting it. 

"Talk."

ooc://
open to anyone :D

Credits

Icon by Tay

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

☽ AELIN ☾

The waters were beautiful, just as they had been the night when she'd last been here. Her hooves kissed the grass before she landed, then neatly tucked her wings back against her side. True, she'd been hoping to find someone else here, someone she knew rather well but he'd vanished into the world. They would find each other again, she was sure of it, but for now it was not meant to be. So instead she turned towards the willows, their draping vines and leaves drifted over her dun coat as she passed under them.

As always nature responded to her presence, her passive magic was enough to trigger this reaction. Growing stronger, brighter and healthier, yet she liked to sing to the plants. Everyone deserved to be sung to. "In the light, in the light of the day time spring." As she sung she wove her way through the vegetation, her voice floating off with the breeze that played with her hair. "Under the gaze of our former king." She did not know who the king was, she hadn't made up that part of the story yet. Of course the girlish fantasy was that he'd died nobly protecting his people. "He sees them playing, he sees them dancing and he weeps." Her quiet voice grew a little in volume, "for he wishes he could sleep." In death your soul never slept, while your body would never move again, you would watch the rest of the world pass through time. Or so she believed.

Her song is cut short as she hears splashing, she's not embarrassed but is most certainly curious as to who is making such a noise. Stepping out from between the trees she approaches the water and spies a grey stallion not too far from her. His entire head is covered by the waters of the lake. A giggle burst from her lips, the sight it wholesomely amusing. Yet she closes the distance between them. Perhaps she should make sure he's not attempting to drown himself. "Hello? Sir?" Tentatively she reaches out a wing and sweeps the tips of her feathers over his shoulder (should he not move), in an attempt to get him to remove his head from the waters. "Are you okay?"

I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

Vlasi had heard the girl moving through the forest but didn't both to warn Vadim that there was someone else nearby-- he would figure it out once his head wasn't submerged. Besides, she rather liked the song that the girl was singing and was listening intently to it. As she moved closer and closer to the pond, Vlasi flew overhead and perched in another three when the pegasus reached the pond where Vadim was still standing with his head underwater.

Vadim had lifted his head from below the surface of the water, had taken a breath, then dunked his head under once more. He was totally unaware of Aelin or that Vlasi had moved closer and was watching him. He swished his head back and forth beneath the water in an effort to wash his companion's droppings from his fur and as he did so he contemplated different ways of getting revenge, even though he would never carry out any such plans.

The touch of someone, of anyone was not something that Vadim was prepared for. Aelin's feathers brushing across his shoulder was so unexpected that his head jerked up from beneath the water and he leapt forward into the water, very nearly losing his footing, and he spun around to face whoever it was that had sneaked up on him. He expected it to find Vlasi sitting there staring at him like he was a damn fool because he could feel her amusement, but it wasn't Vlasi. He stood there staring at the pegasus girl as she asked him if he was okay.

"Yeah... sure." He said, but he really wanted to say You scared me half to death. and he wanted to shout at Vlasi for not warning him that someone else was around. His eyes shifted from the girl to his companion when she finally appeared. 'Someone's here.' She said cheekily and he simply scowled at her. Water surrounded her feathered body, swirled and swished, and when it finally stopped she was no longer an eagle, but an elk.  'You should pay attention more.' She chided, which only made Vadim roll his eyes.

"Uh ... I'm Vadim." He said as his attention returned to Aelin. "Who are you?"

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She had come to find water and some peace and quiet. A break from the everyday routine, just enough to keep the wanderlust at bay. It was sated for now, curbed by a long spell in the north as Erthë tried to escape the worst of the summer heat. She wasn't made for the climate south of the landbridge, her blood ran too cold; imbued with the last breath of winter, a child of the last snowstorm.

And her eyes turned icy indeed when she came upon the clearing and saw the man in the water, soaking wet and all attention focused on a pretty young pegasus. A filly, roughly the same age as herself. Maybe a bit younger even?

In hindsight, she would likely admit that it was stupid to jump to conclusions. In her defense however, it had been a very long time indeed since she had seen hide or hair of her father, and to have him sprung on her like this was so unexpected that Erthë couldn't think straight.

She looked at the stallion in the water. She looked, with narrowing eyes and lips pressed into a thin line, at the girl who had touched him with such familiarity, such intimacy. And she thought back on the long months of waiting and worrying, of searching and fretting and the shame of asking strangers for any news, anything at all that might tell her whether her last remaining blood relation was alive or not. Anger could not accurately describe the feeling that rose like bile in her throat, words were not enough to convey her outrage, her disappointment and pain.

All this time she had been waiting for him, and here he was, playing around with another child! His child? Erthë didn't know, didn't want to know.

What she did want was to kick that presumptuous bitch until she bled and apologized for being more important than herself. She wanted to yell, to rage, to take her dad back and somehow mend this broken, tattered family of theirs, make it whole and complete again.

But it was impossible, because there was a vital piece missing. How could they ever be whole again when Shadow was dead, rotten, long since turned to water and sand and food for vultures?  How, when all she knew about the man before her was that he had given her life and then disappeared, apparently unwilling to be a part of it.

The anger that had flared in her chest froze and turned to ash, cold and leaden in her guts, a weight that made her eyes burn and caused the jaws to grind furiously together, refusing to allow her lips to tremble. It hurt, oh how it hurt to realize just how broken their bond was, how thin it had been from the very start.

Erthë didn't want it to break, but nor did she think she could stand to face Vadim right now, not in front of this usurper of a child who had managed to break Erthë's heart without even knowing who she was.

The snow-child turned and made to leave, biting her own tongue to keep it from spilling the contents of her breaking heart across the forest floor.

He was alive. That was enough for now. It had to be enough.

ERTHË
I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
Image Credits

@Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

Vadim had turned his attention away from Vlasi and back to the young winged girl mostly because it was the polite thing to do and partly because Vlasi was annoying him and he didn't want to look at her. The rougarou didn't bother to hang around and disappeared back into the trees to forage for what she liked to eat and to also look around and see who else might be around. The last one that Vlasi truly expected to see was Erthe, but as she skulked through the trees that was exactly who she saw.

'!!!!!!!!!!'

The sudden rush of excitement made Vadim physically recoil and he shook his head, blinking as though he'd suddenly been blinded by a bright light. His head turned again and then he saw her"Erthe." His voice came out in a choked whisper so heavy with emotion that it seemed to fall at his hooves rather than carry on the faint breeze that made the willow boughs ripple.

'ERTHE!!!!!'

Vlasi had finally found her voice and another swirl of water surrounded her body as she rushed toward the pale girl, her body changing from elk to cerberus. Her twil wagged so quickly it looked like nothing more than a blur behind her. She yipped and barked her excitement and danced in place in front of the girl.

Meanwhile, Vadim had already completely forgotten that there had been anyone else present now that his daughter was there. He had wondered for so long where she had gone and if she was okay. He had even left the Edge to look for her, and there she was walking away from him. "Erthe." He said again as he stopped several paces away from her. What should he do? Should he go to her and pull her against his chest even if she didn't want? Should he let her come to him? Should ...

"I've been looking for you." He settled on, instead.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She only managed to turn on the spot before he called out to her. Funny, wasn't it, how her name on his lips spoken with his voice could sound prettier and more detestable than any foe had ever managed. It brought her to a halt more effectively than any spell of magic; with cloves glued to the ground and rigid back she teetered on the verge of tears. But that wouldn't do. She would not cry in front of this man, no matter what happened.

With monumental effort she brought her trembling lips to stillness, and when Erthë slowly turned to look at her father her face was impassive, a stoic mask of such cool indifference that it would have made Mauja proud to behold. It really would have been preferable to just keep walking, but it was not within her power to do so. Not when Vlasi was dancing like a merry devil in front of her, so obviously overjoyed to see her that her heart broke anew. A soft but oh, so cold nose reached down to press into the pelt of the creature, a slow inhale that brought back unwanted memories of things she had come to view as something of the past; of curling up together in the snow, watching the northern lights dance overhead while shadows, one black and one white, foraged nearby. Never further away than a whisper.

It was only an instant, the touch, but it made the fortress of resolve she built around her bleeding heart tremble, and her voice was perhaps not as callously casual as she would have wanted when she faced the pale grullo, flesh of her flesh and blood of her blood.

"Hello, Father" she said. Voice soft, but the eyes were cold as they met his gaze. I missed you too, do you even know how much? Why did you leave, where did you go, how have you been. Where did you look, to fail so utterly at finding me?

"Who is your friend?"

It was all she said, but there was no hiding the venom in her voice now, nor the malice that darkened her gaze as she glanced towards the girl. The other girl, who so unknowingly had become the target of all Erthë's loathing. But it wasn't only the beautiful, fragile fae that received her anger. Vadim too was included in that maelstrom of toxic emotions, dragged in now that he finally appeared but in all the wrong company. And the silence that followed was pregnant with all her unvoiced questions, all the silent blame only a child abandoned could think to hold.

Because she was hurting, his absence from her life was an open wound rivaling that of her mothers death and almost as permanent. All the times she had been lonely, frightened or in pain, and where had he been? Why had he let others take his place, when the only one she really ever needed was him?

Did he even care about her at all?

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

@Vadim

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~