the Rift

[OPEN] [Unbound] Come one, Come all.

Paradox Posts: 23
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 5 HP: 60.0 | Buff: Novice
Smack
Quote:

broke as hell, but blessed with beauty,

Paradox moves at a moderate pace, weaving in and out of the trees as they make their way to the beach. She takes every opportunity to avoid the abuse that the sun gives. Sweat clings to her flanks, but this time- she doesn't pay attention. She carries herself elegantly, her head high and her neck carrying that well known Arabic arch. She has done something good, and she can't wait to show Ashamin. It seemed he was the only one she looked to for approval and coming from someone like her- that was strange. But he had respectfully taken her in and taught her things no one else would. He had believed in her. Though, a sore amount of damage had come from their spar. She winced slightly at the remembrance. The twinge of the pain still slightly evident with each step.

Her gait paused as she looked back toward the meek mare who was supposed to be following. Like what you see so far? She questioned, an almost brightness to her tones. What was happening to her? Was she becoming....nice? Surely not, it must just be the excitement from her accomplishment. Not waiting for the reply, she turned back toward the destination and proceeded onward. Finally, they cleared the tree line and sand was beneath her feet. Hot sand surrounding her hooves and causing more of a tug on that sore stifle. This had been the very place of the battle. She sighed as she looked around, it seemed no one was here but she would summon them with a call when the time was right.

A soft glance back to the mare following just to check her reaction, this would be the first time Sali had seen the ocean. Paradox couldn't remember the first time she'd seen the beach, in fact, she couldn't remember life without it. She'd always lived near the water. She tried imagining what the first time would be like. Watching the majesty of a large body of water roll in and out carelessly. Strong enough to take anything in its path, yet calm enough to lull even a fussy baby to sleep. She proceeded forward until the cool water lapped up around her knees, her hooves sinking slightly in the sand. A deep size passed her lips and she closed her eyes momentarily waiting for the mare to pull up beside her. She didn't look towards the mare, only straight ahead, her ice orbs fixed on where the water met the sky. Isn't it perfect? Her voice was hushed- for no matter how many times she came out here, it always put her in awe.

Breaking her gaze, she peered around the two of them, searching for any other sort of life. Seeing none, she decided to let loose a loud call that would echo loud enough to hopefully bring in some other members to meet their new girl. It would soon be time for sunset, and the girl would get to watch the most spectacular show on earth. A sight of blues and oranges and purples-sometimes reds and pinks. The sight of the ocean absorbing the fire of the sky.
the kind that a rich man can't turn down
speech

ooc:
pattern belongs to subtle patterns

@Sali
And any other unbound members who want to join!
[Image: GmLmcWI.png]
Wishlist Magic and some PP allowed on Paradox, aside from death.

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

Sali wasn't really sure where they were going. Or what was going on really. From her perspective, she'd been confronted by two wingless mares, made a choice between joining one or the other, and then trailed after the first one who'd showed up. Now she paces along a little quicker than she's used to, weaving in and out of trees and sticking close to the other's flank. What was it that had changed her life so much, to the point that some masked horse with no wings was her only sense of familiarity on what she assumed was her first trip to the beach. She huffs a quick breath through her nostrils, neck arched slightly and ears twitching in her clear discomfort.

She wanted to fly, not walk. To stretch her wings and soar into the sky, touch the clouds and the endless blue of the atmosphere. Yet seeing as she was in the presence of the first grounded horse she's ever met in her life, it seems a little rude. Not to mention the fact she'd have to keep doubling back due to the fact that she had absolutely no clue as to where they were going. So, she scrambled along over the forest floor, a surface she didn't walk on much, and waits to meet this unknown herd. That happens to not be a herd at the same time. Wonderful.

Audits flit forward as smooth tones float back to meet them. They seem a little flat, the friendliness reluctant. Sali was puzzling over offering an answer, when she decides Paradox clearly doesn't want one. Good. Because nothing was coming to mind anyway. Sali honestly doesn't know what she thinks of this place. Walking on the ground for so long is trying on her rather staticky nerves though. In her distraction of thought, she hardly even registers that they've left the cover of the trees. The searing heat of the sun, like blazing anger, certainly notifies her of this fact, however, and her eyes and ears spring to attention. She then gapes in awe, for this place is strangely gorgeous in its own subtle way.

The endless blue water reaches out towards her, before scraping back along the strange grainy surface of gold it seems to be set into. 'Sand. It's called sand' She tells herself, remembering something her mother had said about this strange location. She takes a few steps, until she reaches the edge of the sand, tearing her gaze away from the ocean to peer down at it strangely. Paradox doesn't seem fazed. She just strides off, seeming to have a bit of difficulty walking upon the surface for whatever reason, until she reaches the water, where the sand seems more solid. Sali cocks her head to the side, and takes a step forward. Her foreleg abruptly sinks into the sand, like there's nothing there to support it. She jerks it back with a snort, and teeters at the edge of the sand in confusion. 'Hurry up Sali, she's waiting for you!' Setting her jaw in determination, Sali strides out across the surface, or more, skitters awkwardly across it, trying not to put too much weight on her slender hooves lest she drown in a wave of gold.

Eventually she gathers that it only sinks so far, and manages to walk a little calmer. Not much though, as she hates walking as it is. Once the sand gets more compact beneath her, she picks up a trot and her legs carry her at an award choppy pace to reach Paradox's side. She halts at the water's edge and stares off into the distance, ears springing forward attentively. The air tastes salty, which is odd to her. Paradox seems in almost as much awe as she, and doesn't appear to be being tugged out into the blue depths merely because her hooves are in contact with the waves. The latter is certainly a settling thought, and she places a single hoof in the water, cautiously. And instantly flinches back at the sudden rush of cold, though keeps the limb submerged. Taking a few steps forward, she reaches the mare's side, and instantly nods a response.

"Gorgeous..." is all she mangers to murmur as she stares out at the endless water that seems to go on forever, joining the sky in the distance. She's almost tempted to fly on out there and see how far it truly goes. Almost. She recoils from her guide and recruiter as the masked sorrel let's out a loud call that rings in Sali's ears. No doubt she's calling other horses to the scene. Sali shivers at the thought, her wings suddenly aching for her to fly, her ears flickering and eyes flitting over the landscape as though she's seeking for wolves trying come and end her miserable existence. She stays grounded, and doesn't run, but sticks close to Paradox's shoulder, not sure what else to do as she awaits for their arrival.

"Sali talks." Sali thinks.
Trying to write in third because I just don't really know what I prefer, and it's what I used to use most of the time. If there are any mistakes, it's because I kept accidentally reverting.

Paradox Posts: 23
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 5 HP: 60.0 | Buff: Novice
Smack

broke as hell, but blessed with beauty,

Sali's words flutter softly into the wind and are carried swiftly away by a strong breeze off the water. Only the sound of the water crashing on to the beach fills their ears. A peaceful lull. A tug and pull of nature. Her body moved only slightly as the tide came in and out, covering and uncovering her hoofs with rough sand. Paradox closed her eyes again, her mind falling back to when she was a child. She was born on a shore very similar to this. Raised there. The ocean was her home and where she felt most comfortable. He had whisked her away from the water, from her home, and she had followed- mindlessly in love. Given into his every whim like a teenager, love struck for the first time. She had even given him a child, and what had he given her? Nothing. In fact, he took the child and made another woman his Queen. She had fled his herdlands, ashamed and embarrassed that she had given so much to someone who did not even want her.

Her ears snapped against her head and she snapped angrily into the air. Her eyes widened and she turned- nearly forgetting the mare standing beside her. I apologize..... Her honey tones entered the air softly. My past continues to haunt me..... Her tones trailed off as she met the eyes of the mare. She could some what understand her feelings. Alone. In a new place. With someone you've only just met. She could not, however, imagine what she was feeling standing here- looking out at the ocean. Icy blue eyes peered back out over the horizon, the waters had swallowed up half of the sun now and an orangey-red glaze painted the sky. Soon it would be dark.

White ears swiveled searching for a sound of someone, anyone. But it seemed no one had heeded her call. She stamped her foot angrily, water splashing up around her knees. She knew there were many members- she'd seem them at the gather with the Pegasus filly, and yet none had shown. This mare might think that she had lied, or that she was a complete nut. I'm not sure where the others are. Her tones bit out harshly. She pivoted on her haunches and rolled out of the reach of the waves, sand now sticking heavily to her damp legs. She turned to face the dark mare, Do you have any idea of what you may bring to this herd? She asked, her tones losing the harshness, her eyes inquiring gently. While we wait, we can figure out where you might fit in best. I, myself, am a crusader primarily and have been practicing my skills with Ashamin, our leader. But there are other roles, like a healer or a looter- even a seer. What talents do you have, Sali?
the kind that a rich man can't turn down
speech

ooc: So, Jen said she would be bringing Ashamin soon, other Unbound members are busy with life, at the moment I believe. But we'll just keep going until someone joins!
pattern belongs to subtle patterns
[/quote]

@Sali
And any other unbound members who want to join!
[Image: GmLmcWI.png]
Wishlist Magic and some PP allowed on Paradox, aside from death.

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

Sali finally allowed herself to relax, if only a bit. It seemed that no one else was coming, and she was beginning to enjoy the company of this new mare, at least enough to let her mind slip slightly and wander as her gaze traces the sinking sun. Letting out the slightest of sighs, the filly cocks one hind hoof, slanting her haunches slightly as her head dips just slightly toward the waves. Her heavy eyelids remind her of just how tired she is, and the gentle tugging of the waves seems liable to lull her off to sleep. Oh how she wished it would. Yet her coulorless orbs still find themselves trying to flutter open and peer around, just in case someone finally shows. She's not sure she can trust the horses here in Helovia. She hasn't been shown otherwise, but she still doesn't find herself quite convinced of her safety just yet.

Her sleepily restless state causes her to jump in fright as the other mare snatches angrily at the air. Her beating heart flutters and jumps like a fish out of water, and at her murmured apology she tries to tame it. A snort of uncertainty is all she allows herself to offer in her mind's reluctance to settle, that and a toss of her head. Yet still, she forces herself to still and calm slightly. Silver audits swivel toward the older mare. She quite likes her voice, that sounds so new yet so familiar. We're she and mother perhaps from the same place? It's like they share the same honeyed accent. Sali offers Paradox an attempt at an understanding smile and a nod of her heavy head. It's not hard to do, but her fragile nerves seem to enjoy exaggerating the difficulty and danger of almost everything she does. And so the smile is more halted, and the nod is simple and a little jittery. Still the closest she's gotten in a long time, however.

Of course she skitters sideways once more as Paradox's clear frustration causes icy water to splay out towards her in glittering arks. It's both beautiful and a little strange at the same time. Much like the sea swallowing the sun in hues of red and gold just out the corner of her eye. One ear perks forth, whilst the other flickers toward the sunset as though she might hear it. Puffing softly, she follows the older mare out of the water, the salty liquid dripping off her beaded tail as she swishes it slightly amongst her hind legs. Once more do silver hued ears perk their attention toward Paradox as her tones soften into question. She listens carefully to what the woman has to say, then rolls her rippling shoulders in a shrug, cocking her head to one side to peer at her. "I'm not really sure. I guess flying means I can go far, and I'm a good listener, and very quiet when I need to be. Though I'm not really sure how helpful that would be. Perhaps healing? I'm not very good, as I haven't really been taught, but it has been an interest of mine." Her ears flicker awkwardly because really, she's never tried much in the way of skills or skill enhancing activities. As it is, being scared of most everything is not very helpful.

A little more awake now, though not really sure why, Sali notices that she's finding it a little hard to stand still. Or stand at all. The only time she's been on the ground this long was before she learnt to fly. She's never been grounded for a day like this. Ink orbs flick from Paradox to the sunken sun and back, ears swivelling as she shuffles her hooves awkwardly. The question is right on her tongue, but she cants quite get it out for her nervousness. Bobbing her head once, she stretches her wings slightly and gives the older mare an imploring look. "C-can I stretch my wings? I mean...go fly around a bit, that is...?" Her ears twitch forward and she looks to the mare hopefully. She's not really sure what drove her to ask permission. Supposedly it's because she hasn't been in company since her father, and she always had to ask permission back then. So perhaps it's out of habit. She shifts her haunches again, a little uncomfortable now as the muscles in her wings twitch in anticipation.

"Sali talks." Sali thinks.
Notes...

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

The Clovenheart

The sight of Paradox in the distance causes a shifting to occur in the trio. Immediately Rakt's head lowers, and he shakes the antlers atop his head stubbornly. Caught between regret and disappointment, the red cerndyr can't decide if he'd rather apologize or die first.

Ashamin would make sure his bonded chose the former. And if he couldn't do that alone, then Lochan would help. All three of them were feeling different as of late, and strange. The encounter with the Earth God, and then the spirit of Frostfall, had left Ashamin wondering about his life. Seeing his daughter, too, had changed things. But he was dedicated to the Unbound, and he did not expect that to change just because other things had. They were his family, the wanderers he gathered when he could.

The sand was warm between the clefts of their hooves, but it only reminded Ashamin of darker things that had happened there as of late. He tried to push the thought from his mind, though, and ordered his companions to stand behind him when he approached. It appeared that Paradox was not alone, and when Ashamin found himself sidling up beside the chestnut mare, the part of the pegasus' speech that he heard filled him with hope. Was this a new member, then?

"You need not worry about skill yet, stranger. If Paradox has brought you to the Unbound, then she has brought you to live a life among friends and teachers. Anything you wish to practice you can be taught," the Clovenheart offered with a smile that came just before his name. "I am Ashamin the Clovenheart, and these are my companions Lochan and Rakt." As their names were said, the two cerndyr blinked and stepped forward, though Rakt stepped very decidedly away from Paradox.

"Speaking of," Ashamin said, turning to the mare he'd sliced open not long ago, "Rakt would like to apologize for his behavior when we last trained..." and then there was a pause as the cerndyr blatantly ignored this obvious hint, choosing instead to sniff at the newcomer's hooves "...but apparently isn't going to yet, so I'll do so on his behalf." Ashamin finished the thought with a soft glare to the blood, which was met with a splash of red across their bond. Lochan lowed softly, trying to keep the peace while also struggling to stay awake in the bright day. "Give him time," Ashamin murmured to Paradox as he moved to offer her his cheek, a greeting that he was known for. He would wait to do the same for the young mare, but she seemed nervous enough as it was.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

So sorry to have kept you guys waiting! Also, forgive me if I got any aspects of Sali's appearance wrong/for being so vague, her profile is blank so I'm not too sure on how she looks. @Paradox

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead