the Rift

A Mad Tea Party [open]

Chester Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Chester
You are now invited to the other side of sanity

Humming could be heard in the Steppe, an unusual sound for this place. The cheerful noise is being emitted by a strange little unicorn, strawberry coat crossed by wide stripes of purple. He is diminutive, just over seven hands high, but what he lacks in size he makes up for in motion. Whirling, skipping, dancing, the Falabella is never still. The snow here is neck deep to the tiny stallion, but he takes no heed, plunging through the drifts with gleeful abandon.

Chester is an odd fellow, with his cheery madness and tendency to sing, and more than a few have found his presence to be an irritant that he seems to delight in, yet somehow he manages to survive the anger of much larger creatures than himself. He was the type of being who would either be adored, or drive one up the metaphorical walls.

Still prancing, his lamp-like yellow orbs search for the unicorns who had suggested he come here. Valentine and Lucius (known to him as the Knight of Hearts and Tweedledee) were nowhere to be found however. The faintest look of annoyance crosses the insane one’s features, but is replaced quickly with mirth, laughter ringing out dark and shuddery. The peculiar cresent smile that is his trademark flashes in the wintery sunlight, disconcerting to those unused to the expression. It is no matter that his new ‘friends’ were not about. The little one can entertain himself for hours if needed, and perhaps another will happen by and attract his attention.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

Walking across the frozen tundra, the pink and purple unicorn looked much more out of place then he was. Since he had brought him home, he went off. He had some other things to do before he rejoined the herd on the Steppe, and he intended to do them quickly. He was singing, and dancing. The funniest part to the grey stallion was that he was doing it in snow almost above his head. He laughed at the little unicorn. He was quite amusing indeed.
“Would you like some help out of the snow there?” he said, with a chuckle and smile on his lips. “I don’t want you drowning in frozen water, because that would be the worst death of all, wouldn’t you think?”

(I know it’s short dear, sorry?)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

Chester

“Knight!” The little one races forward to gallop around the red marked stallion, a streak of color that tosses snow in its wake. “Can’t drown if I’m not here!” The cryptic remark is uttered while the oddity still circles, causing the words to come from different directions. He stops abruptly, facing the opposite direction as Valentine with their hindquarters almost touching, as close to a back-to-back pose as the four limbed creatures could get. More of that slinking laughter escapes, uncanny in it’s ability to linger. “Have you heard of the Jabberwock, Knight?” He has suddenly become serious, dark voice insinuating itself into the mind of anyone close enough to hear it. “A fierce beast it is, rather like a giant dragon.” A pause, then he rears, striking with his horn at nothing. “Devours its victims in little pieces, bit by bit while they still live. Isn’t that absolutely marvelous?

Whirling again now, bounding about with that grin set back in its place. The bright insanity has returned, the tiger transformed back into a dancing unicorn. “But the Jabberwock never bothered anyone!” If there was any motive to his creepy tale, there was no evidence of it. Chester’s actions were simply to erratic to be understood, even to those who had known the beast for years, if there were any such beings. A song begins, though it seems to be picked up in the middle somewhere rather than starting at the beginning. “All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe.”

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Hidden Account
teeroo

He felt the little unicorn stand at his back. He didn’t turn, finding it more interesting to stand there and see what he was going to do. He heard his voice fluctuate as he told him about the Jabberwock. He smiled, a twisted one, letting his mind wonder. He imaged taking the Qian to the beast, the whole herd, and standing there watching all of them die, a little at a time. He revealed in the image, and an maniacal laugh almost escaped his lips. What a simply lovely image. He saw the unicorn prance in front of him, and singing again. He nodded in agreement at him, knowing he probably wouldn’t notice, but the gesture wasn’t meant for him anyways. It was a mental agreement between himself, that he needed to think about everything, and act carefully, very carefully, until he was sure.
“Yes I agree with you Ches. However, I don’t recall much about him, or our home.” He turned his head, wondering if the little creature could hear him over the singing coming from his vocal chords. He walked toward the creature and spoke a bit louder. “I don’t remember our home much, as I seem to have lost my memory. Come with me to higher ground, and tell the Knight about his former home.” He strode a distance, and looked back at him, hoping he would follow.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

Chester

Lost his memory? Not the most original excuse, but Chester didn’t comment. It was much more fun to believe that this Valentine really was the knight from his former homeland. “Must have hit your head, falling up.” He bounds along after the much taller stag, almost disappearing in some of the deeper snowdrifts, his horn the only proof he is still there until he leaps his way out of the white fluff. It would be easier for the miniscule figure to move in the path Valentine has plowed through, but he ignores the path for reasons known only to himself.

“Everything in Wonderland is nonsense. Nothing is what it is, because everything is what it isn’t.” More puzzles, every comment in need of deciphering. The little one delighted in wordplay. “Then a girl fell down the rabbit hole and lost her head. Or is losing it. Or perhaps it is still travelling the same way as her feet. Stories are more kind, but the Cat knows the truth.” Teeth were bared in amusement that might have been more akin to malice. “Off with her head is everyone’s concern. Or not. Follow the queen or heed the king, with no in between to speak of.”

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Hidden Account
teeroo

As he listened to the little unicorn his mind wondered. He imagined the place that he spoke of. How delightful. I am even more interested in him now. This queen sounded interesting enough. Off with their heads? Another wonderful thought, in his opinion. He watched the little unicorn bounced in the snow and wished he could be that happy. He was ever so cheerful. Why was that so? The thought had never occurred the hearted stallion, and he wished to know.
“Say Ches, why are you always so cheerful? Is everyone like that? Because I think I would definitely remember that.” He spoke in a slow, monochrome tone. He wasn’t in the best mood, but the little unicorn stirred a change in him, and he made him smile. He was thankful for that, because in these times, he could use all the happiness in the world, and there wasn’t much these days.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Unregistered

Chester

The Cat is not always cheerful, but for the time being it suits his purposes. There is no reason not to leap, sing, and prance in his mind, or at least no good reason. Or perhaps he simply uses the gleeful insanity as a form of amusement. His secrets and motives are entirely his own, as they have always been. Sometimes he himself wasn’t even certain, for he is mad after all. Then, so is everyone else. The curved baring of teeth remains on his face, hiding thoughts behind poisonous lunacy.

“Would you? I rather think not. Then, it is not for me to decide.” Uncanny orbs of brilliant yellow regard the heart-marked Knight, unreadable. The little creature seems both aware of every bit of knowledge that has every existed, yet innocent and unknowing. A contradiction, deceitful and trustworthy, horse and cat, there and not there(or he would be if he had retained his abilities in this new world). Tail waves behind him, a feline gesture, as he paces behind the taller stallion, having given up his dancing through the snow.

He senses a darkness in Valentine, a darkness that seems to grow with every passing comment of death. He wonders if he should cease offering such information, but it is not in his nature to be so selective. The knowledge he grants is neutral, as all knowledge is, and it is up to the recipient to decide how to use it. So the concern vanishes quickly and he continues to trail behind his newest ‘friend’, determined to see what this game will lead to.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts