the Rift

[PRIVATE] two black eyes from loving too hard

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
Tallsun had pretty much dried up every emotion within Elsa. There was no love, no care… not even hate. It was as if she was just existing in the world. Nothing beyond breathing or eating seemed important anymore. Edgar had fallen into his usual silent spiel when he was not supportive of Elsa’s behavior. In their freedom, Edgar wanted to go out. He missed the days of exploration that had been such a key part of their activity. From Elsa, Edgar had learned all about how her first days here were wrought with days wandering. She was an outcast. Her days were spent wandering and sleeping in the Deep Forest.

Those were the days Edgar wanted to revert too. They had too much free time to be sitting around in the Edge- he wanted to go visit the forest of Elsa’s past. He wanted to see where such a complicated soul had truly been born. Lord knows Edgar lived through the memories of her past, and it wasn’t until Helovia that she had become so isolated from everyone.
After days of pestering, Elsa finally succumbed to the relentless bird. In a cry of happiness, Edgar dove from the sky to land smugly on top of her head. He was practically leaking arrogance. But he had won, his want and needs had finally won out against the lingering thoughts of her past. Tembovu was fading into the background, much like Oxy had disappeared from her heart. Granted, those parts of her were encased in concrete, but they were better buried and dead than remembered.

The flight from the Edge to the Deep Forest was quite long. It was only a few hours shorter than their travels to the Threshold. For the whole trip, Edgar was shaking with excitement. This place was shrouded in mystery and exploration. Maybe he’d find himself a friend along the way! That thought made Elsa cringe internally. Even though she was fine with isolation, Edgar was not. His social needs were eons more than her own, and she had starved him of such interaction for as long as she could remember. Sometimes thoughts floated through her mind about the harpy that had bestowed him to her- did she make a mistake? Most of the thoughts with companions were that they were there to be your “soulmate” but Elsa felt as if she had brought nothing but negativity to his life.

The bird, so keen to her emotions, lowered his body to love himself lovingly between her ears. In his eyes, she was perfectly imperfect and he wouldn’t ask for another to be bonded too. She was strong, independent, smart, sassy… all characteristics that he found endearing. They were a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, and that was icing on the cake to how well they just fit together. Elsa laughed lightly, appreciating but at the same time embarrassed by his kind feelings. 

"Morbi vestibulum mollis nibh a varius."
@Darwin
:DDD & 600th post like a baws.
/ image
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin&&Antaa
Got so much to lose, got so much to prove
God, don’t let me lose my mind.
It was already far too hot for the man. Sweat prickled at his pelt, creating darker discolorations along his pale coat, where his wings met his body. You would think, that someone that literally had fire within and the ability to shift into a form engulfed in flames, that he wouldn’t mind a little bit of heat. But no, Darwin couldn’t handle it, and with it came a rather annoyed mood. He did his best to look put together, though, despite all his years outside of Helovia and the slight hint at scarring along his back and legs. He was meticulous, especially with Antaa’s help, on removing burrs and leaves that had managed to get stuck into his feathers and the plumes that adorned his appendages. Even still, despite all that, the sweat and humidity made him feel as though he looked a mess.

His phoenix did her best to soothe his nerves, reaching out for him and calming him as best she could. She had been learning, secretly being the softer side to the boy that seemed to be trapped in an angry man’s body. Darwin needed that outlet. He did his best to look strong and tough, especially when he was thrust in front of his brother as if he were on a pedestal, asking to stay among the ranks of the Falls with the chance of possibly being a family again. His pride wouldn’t let him admit the need to feel such things. Antaa would though, and would let him feel it when no one was around. And so, they often ventured outside and away from people. Away from uncomfortable interactions from those that might recognize the markings that apparently looked so vibrantly similar to his fathers that he couldn’t even catch a break.

He wasn’t his father. He didn’t even know what his father was like. But he did know that he found solace in the Deep Forest, where the first interaction took place with his nephew. It was still a strange term as the stallion tried to figure out how Knox could’ve had a child. Perhaps it was a bit selfish, upset in the fact that everyone seemingly forgot about him, pretended as though he had been dead all this time. Nobody even looked for him, and that seemed to be the most upsetting. And so, the duo flew, weaving in and out of the treetops until spotting a clearing among the breaks in the clouds. They dove, feeling the wind press against their plumes in a blaze of fire as they headed for the soft rich earth. Darwin’s hooves reached it first, and he landed as gracefully as he could for being quite disproportionate. Antaa continued to fly, though. She enjoyed the idea of scouting ahead for any possible signs of life aside from the usual deer that were speckled across the forest.

Darwin pranced after her as he always did, strong pillars for legs carrying his weight as he folded his wings neatly across his back. His river stone eyes dancing across the faces of the trees as he went, partially in boredom and partially in curiosity as Antaa sent brief flickers of information back to him. She seemed content, chirping through the trees until finally, she saw something.

Ed-gar!Holy shit that was loud.El-sa!You’ve got to be kidding me.

For the first time, Darwin heard the sing song sound of his companion. It was loud and high pitched, probably what any sane person would expect. He pushed back the names for a mere moment as he regained his attention, never knowing that companions could speak, and if so why Antaa hadn’t done it sooner. Unless she had been learning recently? Waiting for the time to strike? And what better time than coming across the duo they had met right after her hatching? Perhaps the Ice Queen could tell him more about it. With that in mind, Darwin obliged to Antaa’s words as she appeared and hovered a little ways away from Elsa and Edgar, chirping an excited hello to the Zephyr that had taught her how to walk in her first few minutes. The stallion wasn’t far behind his bonded, and he calmly appeared behind her as she hovered in the air. A smile found his lips and he dipped his bearded cranium to the Icebound and then to Edgar. “Elsa! It’s great to see you again.” His voice was a big gruff, hoarse in some aspects of not using it too often. Nevertheless, the man was happy to see the mare once more. “How’ve you been?” He questioned as he stepped a bit closer, but still enough to give her space.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Elsa CONGRATS LOOKIT YOU GO :DD
also Antaa can talk now, so first post for her obnoxious speeches!!

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Elsa
Edgar was the first to notice another presence. Suddenly he was squawking and bouncing on her head like he just got an injection of adrenaline. His calls were loud and wild- but in a happy way. Elsa’s ears pinned themselves in annoyance as she flinched her head trying to remove the incessant noise that crowed constantly between her ears.

Between all of his calling Edgar still failed to tell her why he was excited. But it was evident as soon as Darwin made an appearance. Looking up, Antaa wasn’t far away and that would be why Edgar was excited as all hell. She was probably the only zephyr he knew besides himself. Couple that with the fact that she was his complete opposite, Edgar was smitten with the fiery bird. Edgar leaped from her head, landing in front of Elsa and jumping back and forth in attempt to get Antaa to come down to him. His wings flapped excitedly and he spun in circles.

Elsa just shook her head at his childishness, and sheepishly smiled at Darwin. For as “grown” as Edgar was, sometimes she thought he would never age beyond his toddler stage. “Darwin! It’s good to see you as well. I would say I’m happy to see you… but I think Edgar puts me to shame. He’s quite taken with your companion.” She laughed lightly, watching as Edgar jumped back and forth again on his little talons. Elsa herself took a few steps forward to close the distance. On her way, she nudged Edgar in attempt to calm him down, but all he did was hop faster. “Truthfully? I don’t even know.” Her laugh was a bit breathless with an undertone of distress. “The Edge is very different now… It’s just odd. I stepped down from my position as queen recently, and although it’d been much better, I’ve also never felt so alone.” She shrugged, realizing she was again letting her mouth run a little more than it should have. “Well there I go again making things just all happy,” the Ice Queen attempted to laugh at her own joke but realized just how pathetic her situation seemed.

Coughing, she began again in hopes of turning the conversation in another direction. “So how have you been? It’s been quite a while… Antaa has grown so much. Has life treated you better?” Elsa was generally interested in his past. When they first met, he alluded to so much history and so many familial ties. Even if he was probably slightly younger than herself, he seemed to know so much more. The whole idea of holding a conversation was still a novel skill to her. Even with so much life behind her, she struggled to fit in with the norm. Hopefully Darwin would be forgiving of her obvious social downfall.

@Darwin
Edgar's so excited ;-;
/ image

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Darwin&&Antaa
Perhaps it was solace that Elsa hadn’t noticed Antaa’s presence, for the shrieking sounds that escaped the icy zephyr sent his own fiery counterpart into a frenzy. Her topaz eyes watched as he swooped to the earth, hopping around as if he had lost his head. And maybe he had, maybe Antaa was going to lose hers as well as she dove from her hovering, reaching the gentle lush earth beneath her – continually jumping in quite a frenzy in return. She squeaked a hello to him among her other chirping of nonsense (of course Darwin wouldn’t have been able to understand it, though it was more so along the lines of a similar status of what Darwin had asked Elsa) and she began to mimick the bouncing movement of walking that he had taught her when she was merely minutes old. Her wings spread out in an array of beautiful scarlet and orange flight feathers trickled with flame, shrilling her excitement before folding them up and bounding closer to Edgar in the attempt of getting his excited chatter in return.

Darwin’s attention though, was entirely on Elsa. He watched quietly as she shook her head at her companion and Darwin internally agreed. They were ecstatic, and it was almost awkward and painful to watch. And so he kept his gaze readily on Elsa, pale ears cupped to listen as he shifted his weight into a more comfortable stance. She began, speaking his name and how good it was to see him as well, and perhaps a bit of pride billowed in the chest of the man – that she had been excited to see him too despite not greeting him the way their companions seemed to revel and become infatuated with one another like long lost lovers. He chuckled, a smile landing on his lips as he nodded, but the smile began to fade as she began to speak of not knowing how she was feeling. His gaze lingered on her a bit longer, wondering internally what might have happened to her and if he could help in some way.

Still, he listened as she spoke. He nodded along with her, understanding where she was coming from with feeling alone. He had always imagined having a companion gave you that inherent idea that perhaps you’d truly never actually be alone – but having part of your soul another beast with a heartbeat and mind of its own as well as being able to trickle off and disappear at its own will (regardless if they told you or not) didn’t make it seem better. He understood that, and he understood it well. As Elsa attempted to laugh, Darwin set a small soft gaze on his lips, his eyes softening as he gazed upon the mare. “Hey, reality hits us pretty hard sometimes. It’s good to get off of your chest even if it isn’t the happiest of times. If you need to talk about something to make yourself feel better, I’m all ears.” His voice was calm, maybe even a bit soothing as he stepped a bit closer to close the distance Elsa had already began to prior. Yet, she diverted the attention of the conversation onto himself and he offered her a slight shrug – shifting his ebony barred wings in the process.

It has been quite some time. I wish I could say I was great as well, but I’m afraid I’m stuck in a tricky situation too.” He also attempted to joke, shifting and diverting his gaze down to his fiery companion as she danced. “I remember when I met you last time, I mentioned I was avoiding my brothers?” He asked lightly, tilting his head and returning his gaze to her. “Well, it didn’t last long.” A half sad chuckle passed his bearded maw. “I was brought to the Falls by a stranger who said my brother would be happy to see me again. When I showed up, turns out he thought I’d died and didn’t even bother to look.” His words drifted away as a sigh. “I suppose I shouldn’t have expected much more from Archibald.” A slight crease of sadness made its way into his eyes, but he refused to act and feel so stubborn and childish in front of her – especially not when Antaa was losing her mind. “But, as it turns out, Antaa can speak now. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about plunging myself off a cliff already and all she said was two words.” A smile lit up on his lips once more, bringing back his humor as he tried to push back his frustration and sadness, but it still lined up along it.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Elsa omg theyre so cute i can't even handle it :|

Elsa
Edgar was thrilled Antaa joined in his antics. He could feel Elsa’s embarrassment grow and it egged him on even more. With a slight, friendly movement, Edgar jumped forward and attempted to peck Antaa, and then took off hopping away. Tag would only embarrass his bonded further, and he got a fun game out of it with one of the only friends he had of his kind. It was a win win in his mind.

Elsa tried her hardest to ignore her bonded, and instead turned all of her attention to Darwin. His willingness to listen to her problems was refreshing and unexpected. Heat rushed to her face as she murmured a quiet thank you. It did mean a lot for him to say that, whether or not he meant it was another story, but Elsa would like to think he did.

He continued to surprise her, when he delved into his recent doings. She remembers vaguely him speaking of his estranged brothers, but they didn’t get very far into that conversation. So when the name Archibald crossed their conversation, Elsa was taken aback. He had been part of the Edge invasion, hadn’t he? He was that strong and had no intention of finding his lost brother? Elsa snorted in her own fit of anger at that. “That’s ridiculous. Why would they not even try to look for you?” There was both stress and anger twisted together, so when the chance came to switch conversations to companion, she hopped into it. Especially considering Antaa just recently began talking.

Elsa chuckled before he even finished his sentence. He had literally no idea what was going to happen. The naivety of this whole situation was hilarious. The twisted side of her lived for being able to break the news to him that things only got worse. “You have no idea… I hate to break it to you but it seriously only get worse… way worse. Then they get attitudes and think they run the place.” On cue, Edgar called from his spot in agreement. Elsa lifted a brow and gently signaled toward Edgar to prove her point.  “Well let me just add that if you don’t know her full personality now, you will. And they learn. That shit is the worst. They’ll pick up on social cues you hate, go out of their way to annoy you, and then sit around smugly because you can’t do a single thing about it.” Again her own companion croaked out a loud agreement. Edgar wasn’t shy about boasting his so called “superiority” too the world. Darwin made a big mistake but letting Antaa play with him. Edgar was the definition of an anti-role model. “They say it’s a gift, but what they fail to tell you is that it’s just as much of a curse as it is a gift,” Elsa leaned in like that was the biggest secret in the world and chuckled as she finished. Each companion had their own set of problems, as did every relationship, but nothing was worse than when you had an un-bind-able relationship with another soul that did everything in its power to drive you insane. Elsa immediately recalled all of the earlier compliments she had given to him, and cracked a smile when she heard him wail like a foal.

@Darwin

/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
Despite the seriousness that lined the conversation both openly and hidden beneath the skin of the two pegasi as they spoke, Antaa seemed distracted and zealous by the antics of Edgar. He pecked at her and she squawked with enthusiasm, aiming her own peck at him in return as she hobbled after him – and if the icy zephyr were to try and peck a game of tag back at herself, she flapped her wings in a rage of scarlet and gold as she hovered above him, ready to take this game of tag to the sky above the heads of their winged bondeds.

Darwin couldn’t deny the feeling that Antaa passed through the bond, aside from the frustration and anger that he carried deep within him, he had admiration for the childish antics of the bird even if Elsa seemed to think differently. And when her voice reached his ears, he only shrugged slightly in return, shaking his bearded head ever slightly. “I guess they didn’t care about me after I was born. They waited for my mother to give birth to me, before taking me away and sticking me with a nurse mare while they killed my mother and father.” He began, a small amount of sadness creasing his stone gaze. “They never told me why they did it. But I was young and frightened and thought they’d come for me next, so I left.” Perhaps his honesty in his words would bide Elsa some relief and respite to know that she wasn’t alone in her struggles and pain, and perhaps having a shoulder to release the pent up anger she carried would be a great place to start.

But the conversation shifted once more to the companions, and Antaa cooed and cawed at the words that Elsa spoke of. Darwin had to think that Antaa probably knew what was going to come to him, but the pale man refused to believe it. Still, he listened diligently, his pale ears tipping forward to listen to her words as his black striped face aimed down to look upon Edgar’s cheerful entries to the phrases Elsa had spoken. And when she leaned in to tell him the ‘secret’ he couldn’t miss the scent of ice and salt, in an almost strange but comforting sense that was opposite of the cinnamon flame that burned beneath his chest. He chuckled at her words and looked back up to try and catch her sapphire gaze with a lopsided grin upon his maw. “Oh Gods, please take me now.” A bit of a louder laugh slipped from his chest, a genuine almost guffaw type of sound. “She’s been alright so far. A bit demanding at times, which can be kind of annoying.” He added in, not missing the “No. You annoy.” That Antaa fired back. His ears flicked back to his skull as he laughed again. “Fuck, it’s started.” His grin grew larger as his gaze slipped to his companion, almost squinting and giving her a sort of stink eye. “Is there any way you can just shut them out? Antaa tends to get quiet when I use my magic. I’m not sure if she’s confused or excited.” He asked, tilting his head and turning his gaze back to Elsa. “I was in my other form when she hatched, so the first sight she had of me was not like this.” A bit of extra information for the possibly helpful answer Elsa could give him.

"Darwin Talk." "Antaa Talk."

image | coding

@Elsa <3

Elsa
Her heart broke for him. She had been through her own shit show, but that… what he had been through was worse than she ever could have imagined. Who takes away a foal to kill its mother? Who kills a new mother anyways? That fear should never be instilled into anyone, much less a child. Especially such a young one. Part of Elsa wanted to mourn for him- for the life he could’ve had but didn’t get. At least she had her sister, at least she had some semblance of a family. Darwin… he didn’t have anything. The short pause in the conversation felt like a lifetime, but she was relieved once his jovial mood returned. She knew dwelling on it wasn’t going to help, so maybe she could help guide him into a better future.

Another light laugh escaped from her mouth as Darwin groaned in annoyance at his bonded. It started? How much did she say, like two words? Oh he was in for quite the treat as she grew and grew. If he was desperate for an off switch now he’d be losing his mind in a few months. “Oh aren’t you so cute,” she sassed him “thinking you can switch her off. I can do a bunch of things to Edgar and it won’t make him change a thing, watch.” Elsa shot a small ice mound up from beneath Edgar, he squawked but simply slid down the minor hill. Then she aimed to freeze him with burning ice, and he simply just shook it off, and snapped at her a few times for turning him into a science project. Deciding it was safer in the air, he dove after Antaa. Part of him wanted to try to freeze her, but he couldn’t even get close without the heat increasing. So he went for the dive bomb, swooping down to try and tap at her body with his talons, and pushing off to try and put as much distance between himself and Antaa.

“So as you can see, magic is useless. I don’t think it’s possible to do such a thing unless you go to the gods for a permanent shut up magic.” Elsa snorted, shaking her head at the hilarious thought of Darwin traveling to the veins to ask them to please shut Antaa up. “You mentioned she’d seen you differently though… what do you mean that? If she gets quiet, maybe she’s afraid of your magic. If you want, you can show me and I can try to help you figure it out? I don’t have any fancy magic myself, but even then I know Edgar was wary when I first started using magic around him.” She looked off into the distance thoughtfully. A different form, he had said. What could he be talking about? If his bird was so afraid that she was silent, what exactly was he? Curiosity and nervousness built within. At least todays outing was turning out to be a fun one. It made her feel at ease for the first time in goddess knows how long.

@Darwin

/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
The conversation had shifted from the struggles and hardships that each of them had faced over their time in Helovia, and with that was almost a breath of fresh air. Darwin paid close attention to Elsa as she sassed him, a small chuckle escaping his lips at her tone and word choice. He smirked to her as she continued but still shook his head. He followed her lead, though, and his attention drifted down to the icy zephyr as Elsa used magic toward him in the attempts at calming him down – yet all it did was fire him up more, and Antaa was more than excited at the outcome. He flew up toward her and she shrieked with excitement as he went to dive down to her. She felt the brief touch of talons against her fiery plumes, and pushed her wings down to get the extra air to do her best to rush up toward him, spinning in the air if she were to get near him to reach her own talons along the underside of his feathers before dropping ever so slightly away.

Darwin turned his attention back to Elsa as she mentioned going to the gods. His lopsided smile returned and he nodded simply. “If it gets to that point, let’s hope they understand.” A soft laugh passed by him once more as she shook her head to him. “I’ll take you with me too, so I don’t look like too much of a fool.” Another chuckle passed through him. But the question he poised to her earlier about why the phoenix got quiet when he shifted forms, only sparked a bit of pride in his breast. It was quickly sheltered by the idea that the phoenix might be afraid – which of course he didn’t think that was it. Elsa didn’t know his other form, but perhaps it might do a bit of extra justice to see what she thought of it. “She seems to get quiet and chatter in her own language. Here, I’ll show you.” His voice slipped past his bearded maw before he took a few steps away from the icy duo and prepared himself.

His wings spread out, cupping toward where Elsa and their companions stood while he closed his eyes and focused in the fire in his chest. The pain was always immense, but it was worth it in the end. His jaw clenched, teeth ground together quietly as he pushed the feeling further. First, his wings engulfed in flames, the heat and fire raced up his plumes to his back, soon engulfing him in a ball of fire. It only took a few seconds before it was over, and instead of a Pegasus standing there like before – a Phoenix stood before Elsa. Darwin smiled, stepping slightly closer to the group as Antaa lost her attention with Edgar for Darwin. She flew over to him and began to chatter just as he said she would, little quiet cooing sounds. Darwin lifted his head to her, a small smile growing on his beak before he looked to Elsa. “She gets distracted by it.” He added in, beak clacking as he spoke and wings folded up to his sides. He stood on two legs now, nearly being an identical representation of Antaa.

image | coding

@Elsa <3

Elsa

It was hard for Elsa to suppress the laughter that bubbled in her throat at Darwin’s, what she would call, loving pessimism. When he mentioned taking her, she spluttered, raising a metaphorical brow at her winged friend. Edgar too made a peeping sound reminiscent of a chuckle, trying to stay balanced while Antaa dove back at him. He felt her talons graze his stomach and he squealed, faltering in flight and stumbling through the air like a newborn zephyr. Elsa laughed, shaking her head, she’d add her own little twist on ideals once he showed her what he could do.

Within mere moment, Darwin had been engulfed in flames. Edgar froze, landing beside Elsa and tilting his head. He was now staring at not one but two Antaa’s. A gurgle sound of confusion made its way from his beak at he hear the larger Antaa speak. Elsa glanced between the now three zephyrs and it was hard for her to restrain her laughter. All things considered, he looked like quite the spectacle amongst the other two zephyrs. Guess that made him papa zephyr.

”You, my friend, have a very odd power.” She said, chuckling a little as she took a step towards him. ”I can see why she gets distracted. I’d be highly confused if someone turned into a giant version of me.” Elsa glanced down at the fiery girl and offered a shrug of her shoulders. ”Does it hurt, being in the form? It’s pretty bad ass, but at the same time going up into flames isn’t in my definition of fun. If your hurting, maybe she’s worried about you?” She wasn’t quite sure how to solve this problem. Then she had an idea, eventually she’d have to go back to the veins, maybe he could come with her!

”Although I am not much help at the moment, maybe you could come with me back to the veins once I finish my quest? Then I, or you, can as the God of Earth if he knows why she’s so confused? I think it’s just cause she’s weirded out, but unlike the God’s I don’t have you know special companion reading abilities.” Edgar peeped in agreement, more than happy to have Darwin go with them when the time came. Tembovu was out of the picture now, and he knew Elsa would need someone there at least to celebrate with. Her sight was something she dearly missed, and although she was often private about her affairs, she’d like to be able to share that moment with someone. ”I promise you wouldn’t be intruding. I’d love to have you come if you want, and I know Edgar would be very happy to have a friend like him around.” She smiled shyly, taking a step back to give Darwin some space. Elsa didn’t want to seem needy, but she’d really be appreciative if he went with her.

@Darwin 

/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
The fire burned among his wings, but kept his head and chest the same, only in reds and yellows, perfectly matched hues of Antaa as she fluttered beside him. Her gaze glued to him as his bright attention was returned on the Icebound. Edgar also froze, dropping beside Elsa and growing quiet as well. A smile formed on the stallion’s lips as Elsa began to speak, her words ringing in clear to him with the chuckle included. He offered her a gruff laugh as well as she stepped toward him, his head tilting slightly as she continued on. “I suppose you’re right.” He offered with another small laugh.

As Elsa continued, it had the gears spinning in Darwin’s mind. He lowered his phoenix’d head toward Antaa, peering at her curiously as she began to chirp furiously. “You, me.” She added in, now that she could finally speak. Nodding lightly Darwin returned his attention back to Elsa. “Yes, a little bit. Not too terrible though, it only really hurts getting into it. Once I’m in it I’m fine, and switching back is fine as well.” He noted, his voice husky as it left his beaked form. He spent a few more moments in this form before he began to change back, his standard body taking form in a view of white and black, replacing the fire that had been born within him.

Elsa began to speak again, asking him if he’d follow her to the Veins to speak with the Gods and accompany her. Excitement blossomed in his chest as he grinned to her. “I’m sure I can figure it out, no need to worry Earthy about it.” He winked before chuckling. “Nevertheless, I’d be honored to accompany you.” His voice grew soft as Antaa began to shift her attention. She gathered a bit of height and shifted her attention away from him now, beginning to flutter in and out of the trees as the excitement grew within her too. Yet, something captured her attention, and she dove towards it while Darwin paid attention to Elsa. “When do you go back? I don’t have anything that’s got my attention other than you.” He smiled honestly, not exactly realizing the deeper meaning that might line beneath his words. “Is there anything you need for your quest I could help with?” He asked, cocking his head again and fluttering his wings as they sat across his back.

Antaa returned from the side adventure she had found herself on, holding onto a silver chain with a reflective phoenix made of silver. She buzzed with pride and excitement before landing in front of Edgar, as if to taunt him that she had found something and he hadn’t. Darwin’s gaze drifted toward her, catching the light that reflected off of the surface before a laugh escaped him. “Where did you find that?” He asked her, amusement gleaming in his voice.

image | coding

@Elsa <3

Elsa
She was intrigued by him, by this whole conversation really. It had been so long since a conversation wasn’t revolving around a heavy subject. No one was criticizing her, no one was demanding her to do things, and most importantly, no one was breaking her heart.

Elsa’s subconscious smiled, as well as her zephyr. Though both were short lived as they watched their pale companion morph back into his normal form. His words though, brought another wave of joy. Edgar in particular was thrilled with the idea of getting to spend more time with Antaa. He chirped and hopped up and down in excitement as he flapped his wings wildly, trying to see if Antaa shared his excitement.

The Icebound too, was a bit flustered. She had his attention? She assumed he hadn’t meant it in that respect at all… but it still made a warm fluttery feeling stir within her. It was one that she had thought long since died, and she was scared and pleasantly surprised at the sudden return of the feeling. However, with brief moments of happiness, the darkness was sure to follow. They whispered to her about how he didn’t care, she was nothing more than a fleeting friend, once he found his family she would be abandoned. It would be like Oxy and Tembovu’s abandonment. He would leave like Oxy, but settle oh so closely with someone she didn’t know. Fighting against her gut, Elsa’s smile only faltered for a moment before she returned back to the conversation. Edgar too, was still in the middle of feeling hurt as he watched Antaa leave.

She caught the back end of his question, before Antaa returned, carrying something with her. Edgar was beyond ecstatic for her returned, and hopped once again back and forth. It was his nervous tick, and Elsa wondered why he was so taken with the phoenix. Part of her laughed, technically, if they touched, wouldn’t they just be fizzled out versions of themselves? Naked birds? The Icebound stifled a laugh as all attention was turned toward the female zephyr. Clutched to her was some sort of silvery chain, so whilst Elsa was trying to figure out what it was, Edgar was having a fit.

He chirped indignantly, beak slightly agape as he lurched forward to try and knock Antaa over. She was being quite rude, and he did not appreciate being shown up by a girl. Elsa could feel the embarrassment burn through him, and she laughed shaking her head. “At the moment, I would like to know what it is, but at the same time, I find his humiliation rather amusing. Maybe I should let her antagonize him.” Elsa snorted, turning her eyes back to Darwin to answer his previous question while the birds quarreled.

“I go back once I get the last two things… I need a reflective surface and heated fat, also a rock, but I already have that. So I mean I just need help with the first two things.” Elsa shrugged, both embarrassed by the fact she couldn’t find two simple things to complete her quest. The Earth God had given her a relatively easy one. “I head back with the promise of getting my sight back. I know it sounds stupid, why waste time trying to fix something when there was the possibility of getting magic… I don’t know why I feel like I need to justify myself but part of it seems embarrassing that I’m whining like a baby to be able to see again. I kinda just miss that life. It’s also not too great for someone who is supposed to be protecting to be handicapped. And now I’m rambling. I’m sorry Darwin, but whether you liked that or not, thanks for at least sticking with my little sob story.” Her nose scrunched in embarrassment as Edgar too looked at her with confused eyes. She never just dumped her thoughts out like this to anyone. Metaphorical eyebrow raise, he hopped toward his bonded’s front leg, looking up at her with mischievousness. ’You like himmmmmm.’ the smugness was almost enough to warrant a kick from Elsa, but instead she shied away from the idea, afraid of that actually being the truth. Satisfied with Elsa’s confused state, he turned toward Antaa, ideas rolling in his head.

If his bonded wasn’t going to admit it to Darwin, then maybe Edgar had to play matchmaker himself later. If Antaa was down, they could have quite the fun time with this. And thus, the bird’s plan began to take form. Suddenly being locked out of Edgar’s head, Elsa’s nervousness rose tenfold as she tried to stay calm and collected in front of Darwin.

@Darwin  
This was not supposed to be long >.>
/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
His eyes surveyed Elsa, keeping his attention on her despite the way that Antaa tried to steal it away. He wanted to look at the pale mare, the beautiful woman that carried so much history within herself regardless of what had happened. Antaa hopped on the ground, squawking to and fro with the necklace dangling in her beak as she tried to capture his attention, but Darwin simply ignored her for the moment to hear what Elsa had to say. “I find his humiliation rather amusing.” Darwin chuckled at this, the soft ashen beard writhing with movement as he nodded in agreement. “I’m sure she won’t have a problem.” He winked to the warrior, turning his attention down to his Zephyr as she did her best to avoid the diving that Edgar was doing. She cawed to him in annoyance before lifting up off of the ground and dangling the necklace before his eyes. And if she could wiggle her eyebrows at him, Darwin knew she would’ve. She extended her neck to Edgar before pulling it back, flashing the light that reflected off the surface onto the icy bird.

Darwin returned his gaze to Elsa a small laugh escaping his lips again as Antaa chirped to Edgar, trying to taunt him in the most playful way possible. His pale ears tipped forward to the mare, eyes watching and head bobbing with her words. “Reflective surface, heated fat.” The gears in his mind began to work, shifting and changing with ideas. He stepped down toward Antaa, asking her mentally to give him the necklace after he spent a moment investigating it. Reluctantly the phoenix gave the trinket to the man. Darwin gripped it into his lips before moving over to Elsa as he listened. “I don’t think it sounds stupid. You’ve lost something, and you want it back. That’s justifiable.” He offered her, smiling. “Trust me, nobody wants to be disabled. We live in a wonderful world where there’s gods that are sometimes willing to help us when we’re suffering, if we give them the right things.” His words were slightly muffled as he tried to hold onto the necklace.

Then, he reached out gently, his broad neck extending toward the Icebound. He took the necklace and aimed to reach it over her head to place it around her neck. “I think this might do for a reflective surface –” He motioned toward Antaa who sidled up as close to Edgar as she could’ve without melting him. “– and I’m not sure what would work for heated fat, but I can turn into a phoenix, so my fire might be of use. My brother used it to return a quest when I was a child.” He added, smiling to her. It was a genuine smile, one full of happiness and excitement – pleased to know that he was finally helping someone after so long of doing things only for himself or Antaa. There was also a slight burning sensation in his stomach the more he looked at her, the more he stood by her, when he could smell the ice and cold and seaspray that encompassed her scent – and how he wondered if he resembled more of burning wood, and the rain after a long hot summer. And how perfect it might be if the scents were to combine – and what kind of world that might be?

Antaa looked over to Edgar, a small grin forming on her tiny flaming beak. Perhaps she had a very similar idea that the ice zephyr did, and how exciting it might be. She, too, blocked the stallion from her thoughts before she fluffed her feathers up, fiery eyes watching Edgar for what he might have planned.

image | coding

@Elsa ITS OKAY THEYRE TOO CUTE NOT TO

Elsa
There was an indignant squawk as Edgar was assaulted with a bright light. An angry bird hiss followed as his eyes shot daggers at the fiery (both physically and mentally) zephyr. He jumped back and forth, almost trying to egg her on to fight him. He was pretty confident he could pin her down and win. Elsa giggled, trying her best to fight the sarcastic ideas that boiled to the surface. It wasn’t her fault that their relationship together was about a hundred and twenty percent sarcasm. However, at this moment it seemed out of nature so she swallowed her words in a heap of embarrassment and focused on Darwin when he began to talk.

What she didn’t expect, was Darwin’s gentle and calm movement towards her. He had been holding the necklace, but she hardly expected him to do anything with it- much less reach it over her neck. She folded her ears back as the cold chain slipped over the top of her head, falling just over top of the necklace that held her armor. It was hard to ignore how close his presence was, even when Edgar himself was (ironically) flaming with embarrassment the closer Antaa moved towards him. Her gaze fell towards the ground as she fought her hardest not to come off awkward and weird. Edgar was still somewhere in between, laughing at his bondeds current predicament and trying himself to be as poised as possible in the presence of his “friend”.

A long bought of silence passed before Elsa could form some kind of coherent thought. For as calming as it was to have him close, it almost made her feel nauseous (at least in a good way). She bit back a smile as she finally got the guts to look back towards him. “Thank you Darwin… I-“ She paused, suddenly finding a lack of words. “Are you sure? I can always find them on my own- this seems special… I don’t want to take it from you.” She gestured gingerly to the phoenix pendant hanging around her neck. It still seemed odd that someone was so willing to help. It was never this easy. “But… as much as I don’t want to burden you, I would like the help with the fat. I can have Edgar go get some fish, Antaa can go if she wants to, and bring them back. I can make a little bowl to put it in for transport. Although it may reharden- maybe you could come with me back to the veins when I go? I can send Edgar to find you guys when I have time to make the trek.” Her voice was small as she glanced away, gingerly pushing her front right hoof across the ground as Edgar let out a hearty birdy chuckle. Elsa’s “excuse” had far deeper meaning to her than she realized. She was trusting again- and even though Edgar wanted to warn her about getting hurt, he was just going to let this play out. Antaa and he were tight enough that he was sure if Darwin pulled an ass hat move, they could team up and create him endless annoyance.

”Don’t be ass Darwin.” Edgar scolded in his own zephyr language, turning to give Antaa a slanted glare. That girl had enough power, and she needed to keep Darwin in check. To Elsa, it was a foreign noise and she looked at him, confused. For once she didn’t understand what his bird language was saying.

@Darwin
Im dying. Im so happy I got to post ;-;
/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
Darwin smiled to Elsa, his smile bright against the darkening of his maw. “Thank you Darwin… I -” She began, stumbling over her words as Darwin watched, ears perked to listen to her. He was quiet, understanding and willing, eyes trailing from her own icy orbs to the necklace he had just gifted her, draped around her neck.  “No, you’re alright. Antaa just found it, and if you need it you can have it.” He began. “Consider it a gift from the both of us.” He acknowledged, motioning toward the fiery zephyr that cooed charmingly toward Edgar. Antaa’s gaze landed on the ice zephyr, her beak clicking together in short spurts.

Darwin began to ignore the phoenix, his river stone gaze glued to the Icebound before him as she continued to speak. Immediately, he shook his head gently at her first set of words, his small grey beard dancing with the wind of the movement. And Antaa, at the mention of her name, chirped loudly and excitedly to be offered and included in something – especially something as some alone time with Edgar. Either way, Darwin nodded gently to her in agreement. “You’re not a burden to me, Elsa.” His voice was gruff, hoarse and yet full of happiness as he spoke her name. “I’ll go with you. Antaa would like that as well. I’m living in the Falls so I’m close by.” He added in, offering her another cheerful grin.

Though part of him wanted to admit to her that he’d love to spend even more time with her – the burning sensation in his chest at the sensation of being in the presence of the Icebound was part of the reason why. It was euphoric. And he didn’t want to give up just yet. As Edgar spoke in his zephyr language, Antaa’s head snapped to him as she cooed a response. “He wont.” She offered Edgar a grin, tucking her wings against her back as she hopped closer to Edgar, clicking and cooing as she aimed to press her beak against his head gently. Darwin’s eyes slipped to the pair of birds, embarrassment rushing through him. His cheeks grew hot and he chuckled awkwardly. “Antaa, maybe he doesn’t like that.” His voice was aimed at the phoenix who only chirped in an annoyed response.

image | coding

@Elsa <333

Elsa
There was a mixture of shame and thankfulness that overcame her stomach as he agreed to help her. At the mention of a gift, Edgar, on the other hand, peeped happily looking over to Antaa with a beaky smile, returning her own lovely clicking. He even hopped up and down a few times to show his excitement. This help… it would make his bonded normal again. She could finally be what she wanted to be, instead of shrouded in darkness.

The words however had her confused, she stuck on his statement of not being a burden. That was certainly not a thought most others shared about her. She was either a burden, or only as useful as the task that she was assigned. Bringing him along would ease her worries about facing the God of Earth again, hearing that he was living in the falls, was both a gift and a curse. Instead of ruining the moment she swallowed the brief pain and anger that welled up inside, mostly satiated by the fact that Edgar mentally volunteered himself to get Dawin Antaa from the Falls.

Something else lingered in the back of her mind, and she could almost feel the fondness Edgar had for Antaa. The prospect of going to find fish with her was exciting. He could show his manliness AND get time alone to be with Antaa. It was the first time away from his bonded that he wouldn’t be alone. It was a nice thought having this friend. Elsa’s own embarrassment burned as she wasn’t sure what she should be feeling, instead opted for a brief silence, thankful that Darwin scolded his zephyr. Elsa herself let out a little laugh, while Edgar was all the more indignant. The chatter between the two had calmed Edgar down considerably, and when she looked over, Antaa and Edgar were… snuggling? So once Darwin had spoken, it seemed like it angered the poor bird. He squawked loudly, reaching his wing over to shelter Antaa and pull her closer. How dare he think that Edgar didn’t want her around? Elsa let out a snort, lifting a brow towards Darwin. “I think maybe he likes it too much.” As if on cue, Edgar began to chirp angrily, insisting it was not like that at all.

With that, the icy zephyr looked to his companion, and in one swoop took off into the air. He knew of a small lake nearby with weird pebbles, and he had seen some decent sized fish. Between the two of them, they should be able to bring enough fish fat back for Elsa. Leading the way, the moment they reached the pool, Edgar decided to show his prowess. Diving in, his talons extended as he grabbed up a medium sized fish, hanging on awkwardly but successfully as the fish struggled a few moments before finally falling dead. It was morbid, but Edgar puffed his chest out, proud of himself as he waited on the shore for Antaa’s catch. Quietly, he froze a little boardwalk out to the deeper part of the lake so Antaa could rest if she was struggling. Hey, if worse came to worse, he could always be her knight in shining armor.

Elsa suddenly felt naked without Edgar near, and the words she had formed in her head was a jumbled mess. “I uh… hopefully you’re okay with him trying to steal away your companion.” Her cheeks burned as she nosed the small pendant on her neck subconsciously. “I should probably make that bowl.” She mumbled it, mostly to herself, but to also not continue bathing Darwin in her awkward silence. Within moments, a concaved bowl, formed from ice, stood between them. It was large enough to hold the fat, but she was sure that even with Darwin’s immense heat, by the time she got around to getting to the veins it would have frozen the fat back. “I you would truly go… I can send Edgar to fetch you guys to meet me at the veins? I really appreciate all this. I can't thank you enough Darwin.” She prayed he wouldn’t ask why she herself wouldn’t approach the Falls. This was a conversation she wasn’t sure she wanted to have yet. And she didn’t want him scampering off because she was terrified of his homeland.

@Darwin
/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
Antaa was extremely excited at the idea of having friends – especially ones just like herself. And so far, the lonely trek that Darwin had found himself on was beginning to bother the fiery Zephyr. So she jumped at any chance she could get for the idea of someone to share her experience with. She offered Edgar another beaky smile, her feathers ruffling at the idea of being able to hunt with him. Though, fish was going to be a difficult thing for the bird at first. Water – especially that large amount of it – would prove difficult for Antaa to be able to dive right in and out of it without her flames vanishing. Though, for Elsa and Edgar, she’d try it. And as Elsa spoke, Edgar began to chirp angrily before looking to Antaa and taking off. Immediately, Antaa flew off with him.

Darwin’s gaze watched the companions with a small chuckle before they flew off with one another. Fire and ice, working together to accomplish a common goal. The thought was intriguing to him – polar opposites, yet the same. And as his river stone gaze landed on Elsa and she began to speak, he offered her a soft grin and a small chuckle. “I didn’t think I had a choice.” He winked with another chuckle. Then, as she began to speak of making the bowl – his eyes didn’t leave hers. Magic was something that fascinated him, and as the Icebound began to form the icy bowl, he seemed to stare in awe.

Then, she began to speak again he nodded offering her a genuine smile. “Of course Elsa. I’m sure Edgar would love the opportunity to wrangle Antaa’s emotions when he wakes her up.” He chuckled again. Though, while the Pegasus was curious why Elsa herself wouldn’t venture to the Falls, he stayed silent. Instead, he just watched as Elsa worked with the bowl and waited patiently as Antaa and Edgar worked on catching their fish.

The event went just about as well as Antaa could’ve expected. She hovered above the waves as Edgar dove beneath them and captured the fish. Though, Antaa was worried of doing such a thing. She watched in admiration and awe as Edgar captured his prey, and cooed to him in an almost excited lovingly tone. His chest puffed out after he had killed the creature and Antaa offered him another beaky smile. Then, it was her part and she found her orange gaze landing on the shadows beneath the waves. Nerves piqued in the phoenix and before she got cold feet, she spotted something and dove in. She captured a medium sized fish, gripping it with her sharp talons and as she went to pull herself up she began to struggle as her flames became engulfed. She had swam before, but never dove down completely, so this was new for her. And as she came to the surface with the fish still in her clutches, she used her now flameless wings to pull herself up onto Edgar’s boardwalk. As she pulled herself up onto it, she placed the fish on it and killed it as well, her chest puffing in and out heavily as she cooed a desperate thanks to him before shaking out the water in her feathers – doing her best to get her fire back.

image | coding

@Elsa POOR ANTAA LOL

Elsa
There was a light heat that colored her cheeks at his chuckle. The feelings running through Edgar weren’t helping either. Being in the presence of Antaa seemed to magnify his emotions tenfold. That, coupled with her own mysterious embarrassment Elsa was terrified she was floundering over herself. She was never a social butterfly, but it had never been this bad.

It didn’t help either, when, to her surprise, he agreed to go. Edgar picked up on that little bit of waking up Antaa and chuckled quite evilly in his head. He’d have a fun old time finding Antaa. He knew the Falls well enough that he was confident he could find his glowing friend in a matter of minutes. “I really, really appreciate this Darwin. Hey, if it’s any consolation I’m glad you’ll be the first I see with my new eye.” She chuckled awkwardly. It sounded a lot more suave in her head, and she shied her head away in shame.

Over yonder, there was a whole other set of events occurring. Edgar watched Antaa closely, picking up on a tension and hesitation in her movement. He was about to move to go catch another for her, and suddenly she dunked herself beneath the water. Edgar hopped backward in surprise, tilting his head as he watched her. She struggled out of the water, but in the end was successful in her hunt. Once she cooed her own okay, Edgar let out a proud chirp as he hopped over toward his now drench companion. Carefully he tried his best to fan her without freezing her out. Quietly, he extended his wing to try and reach over her. He tried to gently freeze any remaining droplets of water so she could shake them off easily. Sheepishly, he stowed his wing, hoping he hadn’t accidentally frozen his friend to death. Giving her one more encouraging, beaky grin, he hopped toward his fish. Clamping his talons around the now lifeless scaly creature, he nodded his head for Antaa to follow.

Getting the fish back was a lot more work than Edgar had thought. Once it hit the bowl, he stumbled backward and landed on his back in a squeak of surprise. His wings flailed wildly for a few moments, before he was back on his feet, hoping that by some luck Antaa had not just witnessed his epic failure. Elsa herself snickered at his failure, and he returned her laughter with an angry hiss, before he sulked near the bowl trying to mend his wounded pride. “Don’t judge me.” He grumbled toward Antaa, just in case she had witnessed that grand failure.

Elsa looked back to Darwin again, trying to bit back the uneasy but good feeling that assaulted her stomach. “If you want, we can heat it here once over. Then it should make when we get to the veins a bit easier and quicker. Again, I really cannot thank you enough for this Darwin. I owe you big time. After this, it’ll probably be a few days but I’ll send Edgar as soon as possible. I’m really happy you’re going to be there with me.” There was a comforting feeling that followed those words, and suddenly she was a bit sad that she might have to part with the silver pendant around her neck. It was a gentle reminder of him, and she feared that after this day- after the veins…. Would he disappear to? A sickening feeling rolled through Elsa, thankfully she kept her cool and didn’t relay her inner turmoil toward Darwin. Instead, she maintained a smile and stood back to let Darwin do his magic- literally.

@Darwin 
I cannot even right now. >.> ;-;
/ image

Darwin&&Antaa
The Pegasus watched Elsa, his gaze a combination of fondness with a hint of softness beyond the river stone appearance. Greys melded with blues and greens as they looked upon a woman made of ice. However, she began to speak and his gaze never left her face. Whether it was by his own will or simply mentally admiring the strong warrior woman before him, he was happy for once. He was useful, kind, and perhaps a tinge amount of crushing on the woman who he had only met briefly a few times – yet still seemed to have a major part in all the important moments of his life as of late.

Her awkward chuckle made him offer her a smile – refraining from laughing himself. “Well, I hope you’ll enjoy the full view.” He began, before deciding it might have come off awkward sounding as well. He half chuckled, shaking his head and spreading his wings with a slight shrug. “I, uh, meant that as in hoping that you won’t find anything you don’t like with a full set of vision, I guess?” His gaze left hers to stare upon the earth at his feet as he stumbled over his words.

Meanwhile, Antaa, the poor soul, was soaking wet and finding it hard to dry herself off with the flames that seemed so inherent to her kind. Her gaze landed on Edgar as he chirped a proud sound to Antaa and she offered him a small cheeky grin from behind the fish that she had just killed. The icy zephyr stepped closer, and while Antaa found it hard to admit, she allowed it. The water turned into little flecks of ice and she began to shake her wings out furiously, tossing little shards of ice and snow about. Then, as Edgar hopped toward his fish, she too hopped toward hers and grabbed it to follow the icy zephyr back to their partners. Her eyes never left the zephyr, admiring the creature with a sense of brilliant pride and perhaps softness at his kindness toward her in a time that could have been terrible. Soon, her flames were back in full and normal force as Edgar dropped his fish into the bowl Elsa had created and then proceeded to fall over from the force of which.

Antaa dropped her own fish into the bowl, but instead of stopping, she flapped her wings a few more times to propel her more. As Edgar situated himself and Elsa laughed at his misfortune, she turned and glided down to the earth in front of the icy zephyr with a squawk of laughter before extending a flaming wing to pat the icy zephyr on the back before offering him a slight wink. “It okay. I almost drown.” Her words were still childish, still trying to figure out the entirety of her vocabulary, but nevertheless she was proud as she grinned to Edgar.

Darwin’s head lifted while the commotion of the zephyrs happened, emitting a small chuckle at their companions until Elsa’s gaze found his once again. She suggested they heat it up before hand to make it easier, to which he agreed. He offered her a nod and a grin. “Hey, if I make a good traveling partner perhaps we could see the ends of the world together.” He suggested, perhaps a bit too romantically for such an idea. But, Antaa was getting to him and he was finding it harder and harder to choose his words. Focusing on his magic, now, the Pegasus stilled as the pain enveloped his body, flames growing and melding over his body and transforming him into a brilliant red phoenix, his wings emitting a sharp heat of fire. He looked to Elsa, then, offering her a beaky grin before hopping over a bit closer to her, careful to not burn her as he pulled his fiery wing above the bowl of fish. He held it there, long enough to begin hearing a familiar pop of fat as it heated up. Then, he stepped back to witness his work, looking to Elsa with a grin. “Will that do? At least until we see one another again?” He cocked his head, his beak clacking together with his words as he looked at the woman who seemed to be the opposite of himself, and yet strikingly similar.

image | coding

@Elsa sorry for the wait! <3

Elsa
Elsa shyly laughed at his comment of appreciating what she’d see. Frankly, she was pleased with what she had seen now- and she believed it could only get better. Her face heated up at the thought and she quickly shoved such thoughts into the back of her mind. He was probably just being friendly. Especially in that aspect.
Edgar however, upon his return was relieved that Antaa didn’t give him too much shit for his mistakes. True, she did almost drown, but at least she did it doing something hard. He simply just couldn’t stand up correctly. But he was content with her companionship and shuffled ever so slightly closer to his flaming friend.

As Antaa returned, placing her fish in the bowl, Elsa turned her full attention to Darwin. He offered to travel the world and Elsa only sheepishly nodded. She would like that, she loved exploring but frankly it was quite boring to do alone. Edgar indignantly huffed from his position on the ground, sulking at the seemingly sketchy shade Elsa had just thrown at him. She snickered, but soon stilled as she watched Darwin transform once again in front of her. It looked so painful, and a look of pity colored her face as she watched a giant ass version of Antaa standing in front of her. As much as she feared being burned, Darwin seemed to be taking special care not to injure her. Something within her deep cold soul felt cared for- a feeling that had long since been dormant.

Looking down, she was suddenly faced with a steaming bowl of fat, and a grinning, flaming Darwin. Elsa laughed and nodded in response to his question. “Yes, thank you again Darwin. You have no idea how much this means to me. I owe you.” She said, offering a warm smile. Gently, she reached out her muzzle, stopping just short of his flaming body to show her thanks. It was worth the few singed whiskers.

Feeling the imminent departure, Edgar frowned but turned and hopped forward, bobbing his head at Antaa. He was going to make sure she made the trip soon, he was going to miss his partner in crime whilst they were away. “We will need to head out… but I can gaurentee I’ll be seeing you soon.” The prospect of seeing each other again gave Elsa and unnatural sense of calm. The world didn’t seem to want to eat her right now, but she could never be too sure.

@Darwin i dun want this to end ;-; but ill make a continuation thread here soonish. Thanks darling <3
/ image