the Rift

[OPEN] you will bloom [welcoming]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

The journey was not unpleasant even while the mosquitos were somewhat relentless. Tilney distracted his lithe companion by telling her all there was to know about what was to be her new home. Manon was her name and were he not completely entranced by his darling beloved he might of considered this woman as an impeccable beauty. 
"We just crossed the largest territory in Helovia; the Thistle meadow. While it is neutral and belongs to none of the four nations I do beleive it is home to that outcast group the Unbound, and to my knowledge they house one of the Edge's enemies."
He spoke in words laced with caution - Tembovu did not make an enemy of just anyone and the Worlds Edge was simply not to be meddled with. Any enemy of the west was out of their wits. 
As a nation they were one of the strongest in the land, only rivalled by the Dragons throat in numbers.
"The moon goddess watches over us. She can be... temperamental... however. You are not required to worship her, but many Edge citizens do. Our King and Queen are very kind, they know mercy. Alysanne I have found is not unlike mother moon" - he stopped to smirk, before stepping over a fallen branch and continuing "also somewhat moody"

A familiar chink of glass rebounding from his cloven hooves signalled that they were home. Peatree gave a low coo from his perch on the stags antlers, taking off towards the trees. "Our home used to be protected by a glass wall - You will see its remains soon, but bits and pieces of glass you will find anywhere near by so be careful!"
It was true that the doctor would be able to heal anything were she to injure herself, but even so that was pain he would caution her against. Tilney owuld take Manon first past the lake and over the forst-covered hills to the place their home got its name. He would show her the cliffs and the wondrous sea below.

"Make haste, you must see the ocean while father Sun still graces the sky!"
He spoke with a bright, hearty laugh and picked up his feet to clear the wall. Within a few skipping steps the lad was flitting with elven precision through the trees he knew so well. Peatree was not far behind; the bug-eyes bat swooped and swayed of the mousy mare trailing his bonded. Pea would make sure she arrived at the cliffs in one piece - he knew form experience that Tilney ran swifter then many.
Skidding to a stop at the treeline, Tilney let a bright laugh escape as seafoam and sunset filled his gaze. Seaspray kisses reached to greet the Edges new resident and welcome home its long-term doctor. With a glance over his shoulder to the painted mare and then back out to the pituresque waterscape, Tilney spoke once more.
 "Manon,"

"Welcome to the Worlds Edge" 

Art by Enfanir @ DA

welcome!!!!!
@Manon

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 24cgze1.jpg]

M A N O N,

She followed with no complaint, listening to his incessantly cheerful (and somewhat one-sided) conversation with a placid interest that piqued little enthusiasm from her sharp boned face. The journey had certainly not been unpleasant as they left the strange weather behind them, stepping through sunshine and heady air - air that grew lighter and fresher as they drew closer to The Edge. Manon suspected this was due to the oceans nearness, and her step grew noticeably swifter as she followed Tilney toward the home he spoke so passionately about. She looked sharply at him as he spoke of enemies of the Edge, opal eyes seeking the words that he was not saying: who dealt justice at the Edge? Her answer was found as they stepped delicately toward and over fallen logs - a monarch system, the King and Queen. Manon paused as her companion did, her brain abuzz with thoughts of Gods and Goddesses, Kings and Queens.

-"also somewhat moody". Manon caught his smirk and, finally, her mouth responded with one of her own. She'd thought he couldn't speak ill of anybody, with his pleasant and jubilant attitude... she was surprisingly glad she had been wrong on that account. Her mile-long legs followed Tilney over the log, all grace and no flaw as she walked. Her eyes caught the glint of glass upon the ground and as Tilney moved ahead she paused to examine a piece, a whole wall of glass: turned to this? A tale she would need to hear, if she were truly to entrust herself to this new herd, new hierarchy. Manon dropped her velvet lips to the glass, not quite touching, but close enough to see her breath fogging the smooth surface. It was beautiful - and fitting for her aesthetically driven mind. Looking up, she saw Tilney break into a swift canter and gods was he agile! She glanced to Peatree before kicking up her own heels and following, finding herself enjoying the duck-and-weave between the trees though perhaps not pleased at finding Tilney was better at it than she was.

She slowed before the Edge, seeing Tilney as a silhouette against the burning sky as she tasted the salt in the air - close to the ocean, close to the edge. She danced forward, a real smile upon her lips, eyes alight with untamed pleasure at the sight she saw. The ocean - her ocean, crafted from salt and seaweed and never-ending water. And the seaspray! She could taste it, could feel the boom of the waves hitting rock. Manon could hardly tear her eyes away from the view, standing tall, a svelte figure cast in the gold of the falling sun. Her chest filled with salty air, and as she breathed out she looked to Tilney. Her voice was low and melodic, controlled but brimming with pleasure:

"It's sublime Tilney, truly."

She paused, her silver lashes lowering in a slow blink before casting her gaze back to the ocean as if it might vanish if she took her eyes away for too long. "And are there many others here? The King and Queen? Who are they?" Another pause, "Who are you to this community?"

she's morphine, queen of my vaccine

@Tilney

The flaxen physician watched his new herd mate with eyes filled with a starry mixture of pride; for the land he called home, hope; that she would find it a place to call home too and also some wonder; where was she from? Why did she come to Helovia, Why was she in need of a new home in the first place? As interesting as it was, he daren't ask just yet. These were questions left for friends better acquainted.

"It's sublime Tilney, truly."

It caused a mighty grin to appear on his face. He might of said you think so? or really? But really he knew. The gods couldn't of created a more beautiful setting if they tried. "Is it not" was the gentleman's response. "The gulls must of taken to their homes in the cliffs for the night, but they provide a lovely ambience during the day! Also, note the Luna's butterflies in the trees...." He turned his cranium to point his nose towards the trees where the mythical flocks or butterflies were just beginning to glow in their magnificent array of gold, amethyst and azure. 
The sunset, the seafoam. It was the backdrop of nothing other then the happy ending in any romance novel. Had Manon gone to the throat she would of missed this! It almost terrified him, the thought she would not be able to experience such a moment. 
It was something to be cherished, for sure.

Soon the stars stole the show, the sun having said its farewells and mother moon blessing the sky. it was then that Manon's questions began. The doe asked of the King and Queen, the population; how could he hesitate, the flaxen boy answered right away. 
"Oh, there are some fifty of us here at the edge! We are a large community, but as you can see the forests are large enough for privacy and there's plenty enough space to separate yourself if that's what you prefer"
The bronze man dipped his head to nibble at some grass before he answered her second question.
"King Tembovu has reigned since before I made my home here. He is kind and just. Queen Alysanne is our newly appointed Queen - before that she was a colleague of mine." - His smile turned to a wide grin when she asked of his place in the community - "why, I am a Moon Doctor! One of the herd's Physicians."
"Say, would a career path interest you? We're always looking for more to join the ranks. If it's lore and the gods that interest you perhaps seek out Alune the Seer - or my mate Arah who is a Sage. Perhaps if its craft you fancy then it's my friend Glasgow you ought to find, and for stealth you should see the Specter Iona. For defense it's Nyx, and for healing, well, me!"

Art by Enfanir @ DA

@Manon

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 24cgze1.jpg]

M A N O N,

It was growing increasingly hard to find reasons to be guarded in front of Tilney - his charm emanated from him with little effort, and though Manon was more often inclined to distrust strangers, Tilney's joy seemed genuine. She tore her eyes away from the ocean for a moment, a small, subtle smile playing about her soft, sensual lips as she surveyed the gentle butterflies beginning to swarm about the trees. It was an impossible place, full of beauty and, so far, generosity. With no goal in mind, and no errands to run, ladders to climb or coups to perform - she could see no better purpose than to discover the Edge and its inhabitants... and protect them, if need be. Better leave that decision until after you've met the rest of them, she thought dryly.

Stars blossomed brilliantly, the sun dropping to reveal a sky full of sparkling lights, the moon brilliantly casting her light upon their scene. She listened carefully to her companion, searching for lies, deceit - anything that could shatter the picture he'd built. But Tilney was an honest man, his words were transparent: he clearly adored the Edge, his King and Queen included. Her brain whirred underneath the silver cascades of her hair, opalescent eyes shifting between Tilney and the ocean as she considered what he had said. "A career?" she mused, her voice melodic and smooth. "Craft, stealth and defence all sound delightful - and they will train me, these friends of yours?" Although curious, Manon couldn't entirely see herself being humble enough to learn from anyone else - she'd rather suffer through her own foolishness than admit to anyone that she wasn't good at something. Still... her gaze lingered on Tilney once more.

"I should like to meet the others -" she paused, "You've been good company, a good friend to me, even. And we've just met!" It wasn't often she admitted such things, but how delightful Tilney was - how whole and kind. Manon sucked in a deep breath of ocean air, the warmth of Tallsun filling her with a sense of agelessness. "Your mate, Arah, she won't mind that you're here with a stranger?" A knowing smile had found its place in her eyes, though her lips spoke of a wry intelligence in the matter - women were jealous creatures (herself included), especially when the woman in question was herself.

OOC; Oh my goodness I'm so sorry this took so long!! Work has been hectic and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write! <3

she's morphine, queen of my vaccine

@Tilney

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Black nostrils flared, head rising from his cropping of dry, dying grass. The King knew the forage would soon grow even more scarce in Orangemoon than it had been in the dry Tallsun. Thus the gargantuan man had spent much of his time grazing what he could within the Edge. And searching out forage had been a welcome distraction to the sharp loneliness that pierced his ribs. Gone was his firstborn, Hawezi. Absent were his second born twins and their mother from the Edge. He somehow had incurred the dislike of his third born Zubari. Only Katua, his spotted daughter, was a bright light of cheer. And Gawen, with his immediate imprint and bright blue eyes.

So it was with bright interest that his navy gaze turned towards the cliffs and the source of the unfamiliar scent on the briny breeze. With it swirled another smell—Tilney. His head cocked briefly, an ear swiveling sideways in thought; who was with his Moon Doctor? But thoughts were not what the Elephant King needed, for they were dark and lonely things. So his thick legs of ivory and ebony began to slowly move towards the sheer, white cliffs.

Though he paused in his walk, eyes drawn up by the butterflies fluttering in the dry leaves above his head. Their pale wings reflected in his dark blue eyes as he watched them slowly begin to hint at their evening glow as the sun sank towards the sea. But another gentle puff of wind reminded him of the stranger within the Edge.

His perked, black-rimmed ears caught the last notes of conversation from an unnamed voice, “Your mate, Arah, she won’t mind that you’re here with a stranger?” A woman’s voice, melodic and attractive, questioned Tilney. A wry smile crossed his thick, black lips wondering vaguely if Tilney had ever known the initial attraction he had had for Arah. Would Tilney be ascribed the same jealousy this newcomer asked after?

Shaking his head to himself as he breached the trees’ edge (for such thoughts were pointless), his navy eyes first found Tilney’s green, “Hello, my friend.” His brief glance found the Doctor seemingly relaxed and in good spirits, so his attention swept to the source of the sounds and scents that had drawn the Elephant.

“Hello, I am Tembovu,” his great horn’s tip dipped slightly in greeting, though his gaze did not leave the slender woman. She was sharp, leg and hips alike filled with angles. White dusted her skin, roaming out the reddish chestnut. She was an equine, void of horn or wing. A refreshing change to the herd; the Elephant saw few of them.

His gaze flicked between the antlered man and the stranger, before asking, “Tilney has offered you a home in the Edge?” His deep voice rumbled from his chest.
the elephant king

@Tilney Tembo wanted to drop in and welcome Manon! :D

Please tag Tembovu.

Father sun was truly saying his farewells; it was time Tilney produced his miniature replica, harnessed behind the metal and cracked glass of his lantern. "Aiya" The gentleman whispered, Peatree cooing from his perch in the trees above - it was laso one of Pea's favorite time of day. He loved watching the lantern light and would sometimes blow it out on purpose to watch the miracle happen all over again. The Lavender sky was now teamed with another, golden but earthly star as Tilney stood at the cliffs edge with Manon. While the woman had many questions, Tilney was certain of one thing.

"You will bloom here Manon" the Doctor uttered, a slightly more placid smile gracing his lips. Those same lips continued to speak, answering her questions this time.
"Yes, you will undertake an apprenticeship of sorts and receive any necessary training. Some careers are more intensive then others I do believe! For example training healers is a long process; you can't have a nurse accidentally poisoning anyone" a snigger left his nose, but the thought scared him ever so slightly. How horrible that would be.  

The familiar rumble of the longer reigning monarch came to Tilneys ears and out of habit, the doctor ducked quickly into a bow. Straightening upon the kings approach, Tilney gave a humming cheer to his friend. "A beautiful evening my friend. I trust you are in good health, Sire". The flaxen physician would ask nothing other upon greeting their patriarch, it was his job to ensure he was healthy.
Taking a stride or two back, Tilney allowed the interaction between Tembovu and Manon to unfold uninterrupted. He wondered how his other friend Mbwene fared, and noted Peatree was already on the look out for the small elephant who ften trailer behind the king.

Art by Enfanir @ DA

Tembo always got to meet the babes
@Manon

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎