the Rift

[OPEN] walk into the club like "What up, I got a big rock!"

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine
I've never met my dad and mom's been depressed since I was born and gone for almost as long. Technically I come from a broke-ass home! It's a pretty shitty situation, but lets be real, I didn't know enough to think of those things as out of teh ordinary or really depressing in any way. Ok yeah, I did miss Mom, but I had Vasa, and we did pretty well on our own for the most part. Trouble was, I couldn't seem to find her. If the emotions that I had lumped together as "bad vibes" ever stated to creep their way into my brain, I was pretty good at kicking them right back out again, or at least distracting myself from them. Seriously, what boy wants to deal with feelings?!

Today's docket of ignoring the bad shit also included finding away to avoid the heat. Tallsun was prickly bastard (don't tell mom I said that) and the sun seemed to find my tall-dark-and-handsome self to be irresistible. The oasis was ok, and it would have taken less effort to get there, but the water there wasn't half as good as the salty surf of the beach.

I ran through the shallows, majestic as fuck(even if a sneeze every so often had me trippin) until I found the coolest damn thing. Can you guess? go on, try, try to guess, try it, try, try, tryyy-- NOPE too slow, it was a rock. And don't give me that look... it was no ordinary rock, but where tha sand started to move into a more scragley bit of coastline, this big heckin rock was just sitting there! Just a bit taller than my butt and wide and flat, just sorta stickin up into the water. I did what and right-thinking person would do and jumped up on it. "BEHOLD! I AM THE BEACH GUARDIAN, GUARDIAN OF THE BEACH!" Ok, a bit big for my britches there, but it sounded pretty impressive.

C A S T O R
i must go down to the seas again
for the call of the running tide
is a wild call and a clear call
that may not be denied
Image Credit

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd

The sound of a loud exclamation drew the girl's gaze from the water, towards the sound of the voice. Kolr wasn't one for loud things, but the childish excitement she heard permeating through the tones, as well as the content (did the Dragon's Throat truly have a beach guardian?) piqued her interest.

Delicately the pigeon-toed child moved across the sands. She chose her route carefully, being sure to step over any rocks or shells that might be in her way. Moving was arduous and every step emphasized just how badly turned in her hooves were. Even so, determination gleamed brightly on her even more brightly coloured features.

She looked over a small ridge, watching the colt (and self-proclaimed guardian of the beacH) below. With a small smile, Kolr reached for her magic. Suddenly the rock before the boy was awash with watercolour illusions. Blues gave way to greens as the colours mixed beautifully and with a practised precision. From her place, the small filly smiled proudly as she added splashed of white and yellow to the mix, as if forth from her imaginary watercolour waves were splashing about.

Still, Kolr said anything. Announcing her presence wasn't really her style, for she didn't like speaking that much. She much preferred displaying her thoughts and emotions this way, by painting a scene for those around her to see. The girl's bright blue stare was focused on the rock, still being gently painted with her mind, rather than the boy. Her lilac-gray mane and tail danced around her shoulders as a breeze blew from behind her. In response to this, Kolr directed her watercolour waves to do the same, as if the imaginary images were really responding to the breeze.

kolr
Image Credits

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine
It was one thing, I suppose, to pretend to be a beach guardian, but I’m not sure I’d actually apply for the job. Like, who even attacks the beach anyway, besides waves, that it, and I like waves. They seem… they’re like… me, somehow? They come and go, they’re loud and fun, and strong. Pffftt! Listen to me sporing off metaphors like a know shit about anything, I just like ‘em ok?! and I like this rock too. It makes me tall, and I like being able to see farther-DAMN I can’t wait to fly! I wonder if it’s too soon to tr—WOAH HOLT SHIT THE ROCK IS MAGIC!

All of the sudden the rock, which had previously been a cool, yet perfectly normal, greyish rock was suddenly in blazing checkin technicolor. I jumped back a bit (don’t judge me) in surprise with a “WOAH!” but managed somehow to not fall off onto my ass. I stared down because for real it was blowing up my mind like a handful of TNT. “Duuuuude, waitd dill Vas sees dis!” My enjoyment of this new little wonder was evident, and i spun on the spot, tying to watch every bit of the color-show on the rock’s surface.

But, and I swear I’ll never live this down, the salt in the air was getting too me and though not nearly as bad as being a whole bunch of plants and their dreaded pollen my god damn dick of a nose decides it’s a good time to sneeze. And I sneeze spectacularly, like ya’ll it got nothin on my allergy game! but as my damn baby legs were already crossed as I tried to turn, I… ugh please don’t tell anyone…I fell off the rock.

“OOMPH!” was my eloquent statement as a landed on my ass and sprawled across the sand. I didn’t move, even with no audience my pride was that wounded and I let my despair wash over me. “Thank the Sun god no one saw—“ WOOPS I’M LIAR! RED ALERT! RED ALERT!! FILLY IN EMBARRASSMENT PROXIMITY! ABORT MISSION!!! I had caught sight of her as i flung my head dramatically onto the sand and there she was, upside-down from my perspective, and she sawwwwww meeeee!!!! Oh no, she’s pretty too!!! That’s it, it’s over, I can never show my face in the Throat again, better try and save face you clumsy shit. I scramble up, flailing to give myself the momentum to swing my legs under me, and once I’m up I overbalance and list to one side before righting myself. SHIT SHIT WHAT NOW?! CHARM-That’s it! Dial up the irresistibleness, flash a smile and: “Hi, how ya doin?” Yeah, real smooth ya fucking putz.

C A S T O R
i must go down to the seas again
for the call of the running tide
is a wild call and a clear call
that may not be denied
Image Credit

@Kolr