the Rift

[PRIVATE] Talk me down

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia was tearing up the earth.

She wasn't doing an exceptionally good job of it, either. For while it was the case that she could sculpt from stone and use the earth around her to temporarily suit her needs, it wasn't like the magic he had. She could not disturb large sections of the earth and just cast it aside [read: unintentional metaphor for their relationship]. No, she could only claw at the ground with back-breaking repetition.

Being in dragon form did help, however.

Dragon-Isopia, coloured in the same patterns as equine-Isopia, worked tirelessly to destroy the already dead and drying grasses of this place. When she encountered a rock, she would throw it over her shoulder without so much as a glance for what might be beside her. She just needed this place to be destroyed, as if desacrating the place where the act had happened, could desecrate the memory of the act as well, killing it once and for all. For a time The Mountain thought that she had forgotten, that she had moved on ... but recent events suggested otherwise.

And so, Isopia tore at the earth, golden eyes furiousily glaring at the roots of plants that dared defy her dragon's claws.

Hubris, unsure whether or not this was a helpful outlet for his bonded's anger, sat across from the crater she had created. When Isopia's eyes rose to him, he would immediately reach down as if he had been digging as well, and toss a small pebble or leaf over his shoulder. Her eyes would then drop back to her own task, and Hubris would resume watching her intently for signs that she was about to pass out from exhaustion, or that her crazy was about to go up another notch. For such an emotionless creature, Isopia's penchant for anger was impressive.

@Roskuld

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

We had things to think about, stuff to consider, y’know, the usual. Our decisions were piling up on our shoulders and we weren’t sure if we were gonna walk with them so easily; we felt fine and maybe a little bit happy with it but there was still a twist there in the gut, all the way in the back where the teacher can’t see—that worried and nibbled and wondered if we were actually doing the right thing. We were coming up that mountain spot cuz that’s where I used to go to think about things like that over the course of my life; it was peace, it was tranquil, it was beautiful and serene and up high next to the sun, near godliness—

—but  actually fuck all that cuz, right now, it was being battered to shit.

Chico spotted the trouble first, flying ahead of me and seeing the huge, winged thing clawing the earth and tearing the beds of dew-soaked flowers to fucking ribbons. The alarm shot through him, ringing in my own chest as well, and in the same moment I felt him zpsnk! into his grey-maned, blue-tailed body, his wingbeats turning into something far more heavier than the silent, feathered whispers of his owl body. He roared, his voice booming with deep, sparking things as I crested the hill and saw the great monster attacking the cliffside itself.

I only spent a heartbeat looking at it, feeling the awe of the dragon’s presence, before my body sprang into action on impulse: I reached for Sparkmarrow, and the blade snapped into place (kpOW) with a clap of thunder as it tore away from the metal sheath. My teeth clamped firmly on his hilt, I glared down at the monster, and there was a spark of realization from Chico that I ignored because I was too busy being boss and in control of a threat cuz that was the whole reason I was born (wasn’t it?).

“CU’ TH’SHIT OUT,” I bellowed from between the clenched teeth, waiting for the dragon to turn and come for me instead.

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Because his eyes weren't tear-stained and glaring into the dirt, Hubris saw Chico approaching over Isopia's large, scaled shoulder. Immediately the dragon ceased his charade of pretending to dig, and jumped into the air. His bronzey wings beat furiously to keep his (larger than before) body airborn. Quickly he succeeded, and he zoomed towards the manticore, in time to almost feel the spittle from his booming roar. Hubris raised, and then waved his hands back and forth in a pantomime of No! Stop! You've got it all wrong! He added in a wide grin, unable to help his relief at seeing someone (especially Ros and Chico), who might be able to talk some sense into Isopia.

The demi-goddess took more time turning around, for the dense cloud of pain and anger and exhaustion had clouded her senses. Her golden eyes moved slowly in her draconian head, slowly turning it towards the sound of Sparkmarrow being unsheathed. Dragon-Isopia spun quickly on all fours, spreading her impressive wings and roaring back towards her cousin. Spit flew from her lips as she did so. However whatever impressiveness this body might have demonstrate quickly disappeared. Her limbs began to shake, and Isopia's head wavered back and forth unsteadily, as overall exhaustion finally sapped her magic. All at once the dragon took a step forward, her scales melding into flesh as it did so. Dragon-becoming-equine-Isopia stumbled forward with the awkwardness of the change, halting just short of Roskuld and her sword. Fully equine now, Isopia raised her quad-horned skull. Her chest was lathered with sweat (apparently that transfers over between forms), and similarly, her cheeks were dark with tears. The girl's wide golden eyes shimmered with as of yet uncried tears, and she shook her head, closing her long-eyelashed eyelids to try and pull the tears back in.

"I can't." She mumbled, her voice raw from screaming, and crying and just being generally exhausted. The sound was low, dropping almost immediately to the ground as if pulled there by the weight of the emotion behind the words. 
"I need to-"

@Roskuld

Isopia
Image Credits

Chico’s wing beats blew him past the bronze dragon begging for our understanding—but that didn’t matter cuz Cheek had already glimpsed the glitter of bronze scales, had already seen the markings on the dragon’s face, the horns that adorned the ferocious head, and already was making his own guesses about the situation. Chico wheeled around sharply as he passed by, coming to face the dragon and give a growl, an affirmation, a Ye I hear you response to the cease fire. His gun was lowered, his offense lowered as he recognized friends (to him, at least), but he still shot a look down at me that bordered on concern cuz the dragon was turning towards me, wings slashing the air and a scream of challenge being thrown at me, and he knew he was locked out of my mind cuz I was ready for it.

Oh, yeah, I was ready for it. The dragon was facing me now and I was pumped for the fight, the static lancing in my bones and Sparkmarrow tight in my grip as I anticipated the charge.

It never came though (she never fights back when I want it—) The dragon took a step towards me and I tensed up, and after that it was all downhill from there because in that moment the beast seemed to crumple from within, as though everything from the sky to the air to the blood beating through its veins was too heavy and suddenly, it couldn’t stop carrying the load. It took a step closer, and another, and its body was actually crumpling now, no, it was shifting, and scales became a coat and claws became hooves and the bony ridge of a brow softened to a face I’d known to be stoic and sanctimonious

—was now tear-soaked and stained with a pain that was tired inside and out and I dropped Sparkmarrow and he lay I the grass buzzing and sharp and ready for a battle that couldn’t be fought with swords.

I froze as I watched her, blindsided by this display, caught off guard completely by it—because it was so familiar. The gauges in the earth could’ve been scratches on a cave face, the wads of torn grasses and flowers could’ve been shards of crystal, and it could’ve been me standing there, helpless with the weight of too much shit on my back. And it was weird, because this was the person who had made me clean that shit up and face it with unrelenting, pitiless irony.

I can't, she said to me.

“Then don’t,” I found myself saying.

She was chewing on something and it hurt. I know it did, I know it had to because things that are that heavy are hard to fit in your mouth. I didn’t know how to handle this. I didn’t know whether or not to touch her, or even if I wanted to, or even if I really actually felt bad for her or whether or not I was pulled into it cuz of the tears. I could’ve just turned away, gone back down the mountain and left her to her little fuck it up session--

Except no, I couldn’t do that, there’s no way on earth. I’m not that kind of heartless. “It’s okay,” I said, my voice barely a breath as I looked at her, as I inched just a little closer, “Let it out, man. You can’t keep it locked up, man. Gotta let it go.” Gotta let yourself be human.

talk

Why Ros? Hadn't Zero, her bestest (and only) friend asked her what was wrong, not 10 meters away from the grave of her murdered child? She hadn't told him then, nor anyone else since. So why Ros? The cousin she got along with least, and who, familial ties aside, was least likely to hear what she had to say without judgement? Or so Iso thought anyways.

Why Ros?

Because she was here, and demi-goddess of earth and water or no, there was no hiding her tear-drowned cheeks.

As if in a daze (which she sort of was, a daze of grief and exhaustion), Isopia looked over her shoulder at the pit she had been digging, which suddenly looked so unimpressive and silly. "This is where it happened..." She mumbled, more to herself than anything, the words mixing with the snot that had dripped from her nose onto her shoulder.

Looking back towards Ros, her golden eyes glassy with memories and pain, she staggering unsteadily on her hooves for a moment before righting herself. Her gaze refocused, now clearly seeing her stout cousin rather than some ghostly memory. Isopia's lower lip trembled for just a second before her resolve tightened that muscle and held it in place. "And now he's dead and I'm-" So many words finished that sentence. Alone, stupid, lonely, rejected, angry, hurt- had she already mentioned stupid? The words stammered from her lips as if floating on a current.

Stupid. So stupid.

After a second, Iso's ears folded flatly on her skull. Her eyes narrowed somehow as she recentred her gaze on her cousin."And I'm going to kill him." She vowed softly through clenched teeth.

@Roskuld

Isopia
Image Credits

This is where it happened...

Where what had happened?

When I had broke like this, it had been super easy to trace the source—hell, it was public spectacle for crying out loud, a mass clusterfuck that had consumed every nation and every person and affected them all the same. I probably hadn’t been the only sorry bastard to blame blame blame themselves for the tragedy that struck. It was nothing short of horror absolute.

This was different—something personal, no duh, but that didn’t make the knife any duller, the wound any less painful, the nightmare any less bleak and frightening. But I was lost at her pain and I didn’t know how to face it with her and I chewed on my lip as I watched hers threaten to shatter before willpower took over and held that shit tight. She was talking about someone who had died--or someone she was gonna kill, I dunno if they were one in the same even if they were connected to the same tragedy.

I didn’t know if I should let her do the thing.

I hesitated; Chico landed no too far away from us, trundling along beside us and looking up at her ruined, skullmarked face (we still didn’t know her name) with the same concern I felt in my breast. “Who needs a killin’?” I asked with a low, gentle—cautious—tone, and it was so very near an offer of sorts. Cuz, y’know, I have a sword that could help out.

talk

Who?
Who?!

There was a time when the name Volterra brought an odd lump to her throat, and a hitch in her heart. It left her feeling oddly twitterpaited - a made up word for an emotion that seemed equally fabricated. Or it had before she had felt it for herself. But she had, hadn't she? And he as well? Hadn't their paths crossed a fated number of times, bringing them together in odd ways so that they could grow into something that was more than just friends? Hadn't the way their eyes used to meet resounded with untold secrets and unspoken intentions?

It had. At one point at least.

Now the name only made her think of this place (she quickly cast her eyes back over the pit - the pit where they had stood, and then where they had done so much more-). It only made her think of the way her sides bulged with life as she met only a selection of the multiple children he had already sired. She remembered the way Ashamin's magic pierced through her, mortally wounding the child in her belly. Volterra's face was now permanently superimposed with that grotesque feeling of triumph, knowing that what was inside of her had died. That she denied his claim on her, and that she refused to give life to something so carelessly made.

She thought of his name and saw Tyrath, the boy who she thought had promise. The boy who was the son of Volterra and Aithniel.

Her cousin.

She thought of Volterra and had only hate for him.

Except deep deep down, that wasn't true. Because love is stubborn, no matter how repugnant it is to the mind and body.

"Volterra." She breathed, with so much heat it was as if she was trying to light the wick of a candle on fire merely with her breath.

@Roskuld

Isopia
Image Credits

It was weird watching her, watching the fire pull across her face when there had been nothing but tears there a second ago. It was eerie; it was borderline wrong. A face that was once surgically clean of emotion, almost devoid of it, like she had pushed the whole messy business of actually being mortal away from a gifted, perfect existence as half of a god—was now smeared by all of its extremes until it was smudged into something totally unrecognizable. I remember how I hated the holier-than-thou attitude she had (seen, of course, because it was something I fully expected to see--) but now that I was getting my wish for her to come down a few notches I didn’t know how to take it. There was nothing to celebrate about someone being brought so low.

Volterra. The name tore out of her like hot grease begging for a match and I heard the unmistakable buzz of villain underlying the name. I didn’t know who that was—I doubt I woulda cared either under  other circumstances—but at that moment there was no doubt in my mind that this would be an entity I was born to fight, something to crush before it unraveled the fabric of all I held dear. I dipped down and picked up Sparkmarrow, clapping the blade against the metal of the sheath (zzzzzmph) where the blades coiled like a sharp, obedient serpent, the arcs of energy stifled by the sheath’s magic.

“What’d he do?” I asked, but my low voice was ready for battle anyways. I was already imagining the kind of atrocities he could’ve committed that were bold enough, bad enough to shatter the apathetic mask of the Earth demi; did he murder a baby? Enslave hundreds? Gather a group of assholes to pillage and plunder and whatever? I rolled my shoulders and a few things krkkrack!ed as I prepared my body for another battle cuz fuck it I guess that’s what I really wanted to do that morning.

talk

Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes

"He-"

Perhaps one of the deep-seeded reasons Isopia had never told anyone what had happened before, was because she didn't know how to answer this question. "I thought I was his only girl and that we had something special, I let him do me and then met his hoard of children and then murdered mine - but that's all on him."

That didn't really have the right ring to it.

It didn't capture the way her lips had wanted to say all sorts of obnoxious and poetic things about how she was feeling: I never knew I could feel like this (but she genuinely hadn't. Isopia, who at most felt annoyance towards how slowly the minds of those around her worked, hadn't felt happy more than ... what? 1 or 2 times? To think she was capable of love of all things did seem impossible); I thought I was the only one- (but that didn't capture how naive she had been made to feel. She, the one they called The Mountain that Knows, and yet she didn't know better. It wasn't just manipulative that he had kept his band of women from her. It was ... was ... so cruel. But even that didn't capture the sinking, shrinking, wanting to hide away from the world feeling it had caused); I couldn't let the baby live (how could she? That baby, born of lies and emotional manipulation? That baby, no more than the offspring of a stupid mare (a term she did not give herself lightly), and a stallion who wanted nothing more than to conquer her? To merely increase the number of his brood? How could that life he allowed to live? The only thing that might have made Isopia care for and love it, was the tether it would have had to its Father. But now that tether had turned from something beautiful into something grotesque, and so had the child); He has a child with Aithniel ... (Would Ros understand the significance of that? That the sun demi-goddess had been one of the first to 'befriend' her, as much as either of them made friends? That they had completed the tasks her Father had given to all of Helovia, that breezy day in Birdsong? That Volterra would just ... just move on so quickly, and to her own cousin?! Would Ros understand the ire and fury and betrayel that inspired inside of her?).

"He-"

That tremble resumed in Isopia's lip again, and this time her mind was too focused on how to word what she was about to say to order it to stop. Her body felt so tired, and in that moment the idea of just laying down in the pit she had dug - turning it into a grave don't you see - seemed so enticing. Hototo had died to save everyone, and she would die to save her own fractured heart. And why not? She didn't owe this world anything.

Except she did. Her very existence was based on it.

"He-" She started again, her golden eyes searching Ros's as if begging for her to say that she had developed telepathy and that she already knew what it was Isopia was trying to spit out. "We-" She continued, hating the way the word sounded on her lips. There was no we anymore, and, as she had learned, there never was to begin with.

"His lies are the reason my child is dead." Isopia finally managed, her voice having dried up completely, but sounding only remotely like her normal academic cadence. (Unsurprisingly, Isopia didn't think about the importance of this sentence. That she had even been pregnant to begin with, given all that she stood for, was perhaps more shocking than all the rest of it combined. It also meant that Ros was now officially not only the last virgin in the group of 4, but the only one who had created a child.)

@Roskuld

Isopia
Image Credits

My blood was jumping and boiling hot and electric and ready and waiting and impatient but I ignored that shit cuz she was trying to spit something out to me. He—he—he— Like the chirp of a bird with something lodged in its throat, struggling to breathe through it, biting off something that would’ve been too large to chew if the bird had had teeth in the first place.

I stood there, waiting for her to spit it out. Letting my blood boil uselessly against the patience of it. It’s hard to spit something like this, something you hold too close to your breast even if it is poison. Something that could hurt you all the way out your body even as you speak it. I knew that feeling way too well and I knew you couldn’t rush a thing like that. You’d either swallow it back, or mince the words into something that can’t communicate so you’re left even more lonely in the turmoil than when you started. I waited and gave her the time to form the chain so we could go ahead and break it together.

Except.

I dunno maybe she ended up mincing her words anyway, fucking it up or something, because what she said next wasn’t at all what I was expecting. Even the ideas behind it (her, a baby, having a baby) was enough to get my head swimming but that wasn’t even the smoking gun. “He killed your baby?” I sputtered incredulously, blurting it past all sense of subtly because I’m shit with the concept. He killed your baby?? I said again, and yeah, maybe I was being insensitive saying it over and over again like that but I was still trying to wrap my head around it.

She had a baby and someone had killed it. My blood—which was already smoldering in my veins—starting bubbling and crackling and my breathing got heavy as I let the thought rile me up and my muscles were begging for a fight again. But I was still lost—like—all of these sensations came over me too fast to handle and I was dumbstruck staring at her, staring at the surgical words she had used to describe the death of her child. Something was off. I cocked my head, my brow furrowed as I looked at her, because I was still grasping for something but I didn’t even know what I was reaching for.

It’s not that I think she had lied. It was nothing like that. It’s just, after her revelation, I felt like I was blind in one eye and there was a whole other piece of the plane I was missing. What happened?, my blood whispered.

talk

Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes

@Isopia

Well.

I mean ... yes and no.

For simplicity sake (although truthfully, it was more because Isopia liked this feeling of having someone on her side), Isopia wanted to say yes. Indirectly Volterra was the cause of her child's murder he just ... didn't do the deed himself. But that was all just a linguistic bit of nonesense, wasn't it? For instance, if someone in Helovia asked, hey bro, can you pass the salt? if you say yes, and keep right on eating, they'll glare at you until you pass them the salt. And why? Because words ... words for these idiots could convey meaning aside from their literal meaning. That's why you can say, can you pass me the salt? when what they actual mean is, pass me the salt right now.

And, wasn't it also true that technically Ashamin was the one who killed the baby? And yet anyone who heard the story of the events leading up to that fatal blow - Isopia clearly egging him on - would ascribe little to no blame to the Clovenheart, and instead say it was Isopia who had killed the baby, when in fact all she had done was stand there and allowed herself to be stabbed?

So you see, if you're tempted to say Isopia was at fault, and not Ashamin, then surely you can get on board with just blaming the whole thing on Volterra and his gratuitous (and seemingly constant) sexual indulgences.  

"Yes."

Before she could say more, she heard something. Muffled hooves on the ground. It was only because Volterra was so large that she had heard him coming. Glancing around her cousin, she spied his monochromatic face coming into view. Immediately her ears pinned against her skull and her long body skirted around Ros, advancing on the oncoming goliath and his two dragons.

"HOW DARE YOU COME HERE!" She screamed.

@Roskuld HOKAY. Insert Volsopia challenge. We can continue after if you want and walk to see Auntie/Mommy Phi?

Isopia
Image Credits

[Set directly after this thread]

The short: Fucking Yikes™.

The long: Fucking. Yikes. Jeeez.

And now, the low-down:  I had thought before I was blind in one eye but, after everything was said and done, I was deaf and a dumb-fuck, too. I mean, I wouldn’t even be able to catch up for several nights, after replaying the scene in front of me over and and over again, catching the words and the hurt in everyone’s eyes in between a battle that ended up just being a clusterfuck of dragon fire and scales.

Chico climbed onto me, leaping on my back like a shot as the tall childwoman daughter of Earth bolted around us, going -26 to 100 real fucking fast as a shadow came up on us on the horizon. Her rapid shifts between emotions staggered me, the heat of her pure fury scalding my own boiling blood and shutting that shit down in its place. It wasn’t my role to get angry at that moment, I learned. It was hers and holy shit did she take to the role, learning her lines and her cues as she commenced to kick wholesale ass against the large, dark stallion she had glimpsed.
The baby-daddy in question, I guess. Y’know, because of the shrieking.

And there could’ve been a moment where I would’ve joined her, too. Ain’t gonna lie. Sparkmarrow was there at my chest and I could’ve dipped down and gripped the hilt and the fight would’ve been on. I could’ve joined the fray and that boy would’ve had more broke shit on his hands to worry about. Hmph, that boy. That child-murderer.

Except no, no, that woudn’t’ve been right. And I was too confused and shocked by how fast all this shit unravelled around us that I couldn’t act on that fleeting impulse, and that was a good thing. Cuz after watching the stud and his reaction and his eyes, those huge red things full of feels, weren’t the eyes of a child-killer.

Okay yeah sure, ‘What does a child-killer even look like’, you’re wondering. It ain’t like there’s an appendix for that kind of thing, or a standard or some shit, with prerequisites or whatever to look like an infanticidal bastard. This stud--he was huge and he clearly hit the gym and he had a Mr. Archibald-ish look to him--he was impressive in some ways I guess, but that didn’t make him any more or less qualified to kill a baby. He didn’t seem all that special.

But I guess--it was his eyes, man, and how they looked at her as he crested the hill, even before she was screaming actual hell-fire in his face. Eyes that said--Hey, you. There you are. Soft things, sappy things that hurt to chew one cuz they were so fucking sweet. Happy. A kind of small, pure happy that you can’t fake. Not like that.

The fight was on, anyway. Or...well, jeez, was it really a fight, though? I backed quickly out of the scope of it, Chico clinging to the cropped locks of my mane as he watched the scene unfold with his sharp amber eyes. Those dragons were tearing it up and I felt things lurching in Chico prompting him to join in, to help the bronze dragon because 2 v 1 is some old bullshit.

Not our fight, he had to keep telling himself.

Not our fight, I agreed, keeping my limbs frozen, even though I was already captivated and lost by the whole thing.

The fight between the horses was a different thing; it was more about words and it was super one-sided, because Kis Hollo (we finally learned her fucking name and it’s no wonder she didn’t want to share it because me and Chico both think it’s kinda dumb tbh) where was I? Oh, uh...Kis Hollo was just screaming things at him, kinda-sorta-talking about a baby she had had, a cousin running around somewhere, and how much of an awful fucking person he was, even as he was pleading with his own companions to stop their coonery while he tried to scramble up some shards of hurt she was inflicting with her words. I knew her mouth was a loaded gun, but by his breaking eyes alone--but I didn’t know the caliber or anything because this was a thing that was completely and utterly out of my control or expertise. I didn’t know what the fuck was happening.

It wasn’t until she indicated me--cocking her head my way, as though she were casually tossing the gesture like she was trying to be cool or whatever--and mentioned that I was a demigoddess too before things started to click. Collect all three, she said. “Uh--what? I blurted on instinct, cocking my head at her, “The fuck? My mind scrambled for a moment because a) I ain’t never thought of the demigods as any kind of relation to me, cousin or otherwise, because fuck that I didn’t know them and they didn’t know me and just because we all had gods for bearers didn’t automatically make us kin--and b) because, for just a few seconds, I forgot that the God of the Sun had a daughter, too, and I was ready to get super pissed if this fuckboy did some tragic doodlin’ with Mesec. But--oh, oh, I guess there are three daughters of the Gods, huh. And it looked like he had had two of them.

Oooooh, shit, Chico purred gurgled, crouching into my mane and gripping my neck with tight claws of anticipation. He was sinking his teeth real good into that meaty piece of drama.

I bit my lip and my tail clenched on an impulse at her suggestion. The idea of that dudebro behind me, on me, diddlin’ a thing gave me a sick, crawling feeling all over. The picture was getting clearer, though--and I identified one of the markers in her angry, broken voice. Betrayed.

But that didn’t explain nothin’ about killin’ no babies though.

I could’ve stood there and demanded some answers (“WHO KILLED THE FUCKING BABY”) but Chico was already leaping off my shoulders and gliding towards the bronze’s still, charred body. The decision was made, and I accepted it: it was time to stop this and neither of them were in any position, physical or mental or otherwise, to make that call.

“That’s enough,” I said, and I marched my ass right on in there, coming to stand in the magic-ruined space between the two of them. My gaze swiveled between them, wondering just how to judge this god-awful mess. Kis (dropping the Hollo cuz that’s dumb) maybe had probable cause to kick his ass, I dunno, I ain’t seen the full picture. But Kis was a demigod, too. She may have been hurt but I knew those were just scratches that were gonna heal in a matter of hours, maybe days, and she hadn’t even gotten the brunt of the attacks. That sorry bastard over there, though, Volterra--he was in some bad shape. He wasn’t moving anywhere anytime soon; I wasn’t even sure if it was safe. And I knew if I left them there then Kis would get her second wind, and Volterra wouldn’t have his dragons to fight in his stead for the next wave.

I guess the question was whether or not I was gonna let her kill some dude. A mortal that we were born to protect in the first place.

Jeez-Louise.  

Chico gently nosed at the dragon’s unconcious body, at Kis’ ruined face as I stepped over to her, standing before her, doing my best to block her line of sight of Volterra. “C’mon,” I said in a low voice--something stern, because I wasn’t fuckin’ around, but it wasn’t mean either, it was a soft prod away from this place. “S’time to go.” I didn’t know what to do about Volterra, man. It looked like that dude was gonna need a healer, but I didn’t know how to do that and I figured my first priority was to get Kis the fuck out of there before she actually ended up killing him.

talk

ROS DEFINITELY FEELS SOME TYPE OF WAY BUT THIS WAS ALREADY 1,300+ WORDS SO

Isopia
Volterra

That’s enough

Isopia had never really imagined herself in a fight like this, and so she'd never even entertained the idea that she might need Ros to instigate a, hold me back bro type of moment. However given the excruciating pain rippling through her body, not to mention the emotional state of her soul, she was thankful that her cousin provided a ceasefire that didn't make it seem as though she was letting Volterra off the hook.

Fury still burned deep within her, tempting him to even look at Ros that way for even half a second. She'd surely destroy him if he did. Not that there was even an inkling of doubt in her mind that Ros would definitely hard pass on Volterra's advances, but the mean wounded child inside of her almost didn't care anymore. He'd literally ruined everything good about her - everything that might have changed her for the best. She learned about love and felt the inklings of life growing within her.

But it had all been ruined. She had thought that they would build something together, that they would .. would be together, but it all came down like so much rubble. Like the ground upon which they stood, everything had been torn to shit.

C'mon . Ros was significantly smaller than both Volterra and Isopia, so her presence between the two giants did very little to dissuade their eyes from finding each other. Volterra still hadn't denied (or even acknowledged) his affair with Aithniel, and once again Isopia was left feeling empty and full of regret at another painfully slung insult gone terribly awry.

S’time to go.

Hubris didn't stir as Chico approached, but it was the nearness of the small creature that finally broke through the red haze of hate that had sealed Isopia's stare.

Isopia mumbled something that sounded like a word of agreement. Her large shoulders squared against Ros's body, as if indicating that she would passively follow her smaller cousin wherever it was she had decided they were going to go.

Isopia
Image Credits

omg this was trash. i'm so sorry. too many pain meds. ;-;

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here