the Rift

[DROP] smoke on the water

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA is quiet as he speaks to the others. He takes his time, doling out his bitter desserts. The mare watches intently at his admonishments. Some are quite harsh and others rather benign. But none, really, seem to be kind. /Well, what else should I expect of an emissary for the gods? Why should he be happy when his old body is forced to do the bidding of his masters?/

She decides, then, not to begrudge him his position. Every creature had their place in life and not all of them enjoyed coming at the beck and call of others. Hell, she didn't particularly enjoy that either. It was easy to see his side of things if you only switched your mind. Oh, of course she felt properly admonished at his words and dropped her face for a moment. He had a point, really. What could they know if her father had just been some poor delusional soul? What if they hated him? Would they know anything about the other "Father Earth" if the god she sought was not real in this realm? There were many questions but she had a reason more than the Serval would know. But her mouth was dry now, she was nervous. What if he hurt her as he'd done the others? What if she even disappeared like the others who had asked for things? No, that didn't matter. She'd felt so alone for so long and now this opportunity was her. She would follow it to the end.

When her voice came it was respectful and strong. "No, of course not sir. But the matter I speak of is a horse who was raised by one he called 'Father Earth'. I'm sure that would make it easier for at least the one to know.  " Well, if she had the right god that is...this was just a shot in the dark after all. 

..  "Words"

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

THE  Serval makes his rounds, releasing painful words as he goes. She approves of all of them, to be honest, because some requests had been truly absurd. Those who had asked for things directly disappear. And, of course, rightly so thinks the little fae. How rude to not converse a bit with the poor kitty a bit first. Her little yellow eyes watch intently as she continues learning about the world.

But something happens, something truly shocking.....the stallion she'd thought so clever receives something the others had, thus far, not. He is physically assaulted where little Laume had assumed he'd receive praise. How was it fair to be so mean when the creature itself was speaking in riddles? What a dark poop he was. He did not play by the natural rules. WELL, of course, he didn't have to did he?

The pegasus filly sets her face as the Serval gifts her his idea of the perfect admonishment. A small yelp can be heard coming from her throat as the burning and itching and pain spreads its way across her. Oh, ow...ow ow ow....comes the thoughts in her head. But, though she's wriggling, the little filly bites her lips hard in classic, stubborn, fae fashion. She was not done.

"Sure, there are many big ones but they'd have to bother to talk to me first!" Comes the small outburst. She's not yelling at the Serval but she doesn't want him to ignore her. She was always being ignored. Always assumed to be fine just because she wasn't bawling her eyes out. If any of them bothered to ask her how she was doing she'd tell them she hadn't seen her mother in months and was more friends with the birds than with other horses. No one cared about her the same way none of these other horses cared about the Gods.. What if the poor things were lonely and just wanted to tell someone about the coolest cloud they'd seen earlier? Or about their daydreams? What do gods even daydream about? But no, all the stupid adults did was want want want and ask ask ask and they never thought about the other side of things. The wild child's mind ran away with endless ideas as she continued onward. Her voice was pained but she was determined to continue. "I meant that I do not know know them but I'm sure it would be more fun to have the freedom to talk about whatever you wanted. To tell a horse what you wanted to tell them...rather than have to answer endless deep questions. What if they just want to talk about their day and the fact that the poop won't come out? I mean, for all I know they could like answering questions given by regular horses about as much as getting ants in their hair. But I wouldn't know unless I got to talk to them, would I?" She knooowwwws the end could be seen as a little sassy but she tried really hard this time to keep her tone big HUGE respectful. She wasn't interested in upsetting the Serval any more than she already had but she just HAD to let him know what she'd meant by her words.

"words words"

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Tilney watched the twins as the sly serval gave his retort. The longer the bronze boy looked, the more he realised that they strikingly resembled none other then his King; Apparently twins were common in the Elephant monarchs line, having been at the birth of his two most recent bairns' birth. The prickly words of the serval soon turned to Tilney, and for the first time that day perhaps the flaxen physicians brow furrowed, nostrils flaring as he crooned his head back in shock. This feline enjoyed the presence of evil in their world? Enjoyed the bantering of the gods? How terribly naïve.

"You speak as though without evil the world would still be free of pain." Tilney began, glancing downwards for a brief moment to collect his thoughts and again to shake his head at the sheer radiance of this cats naïvety. "It is not the thief who brings death to unborn babes" - The doctor looked upwards towards the tree, his green eyes piercing through those of the feline - "It is not the raper who steals the breath of the old, the young, and the sick when winters tide comes. It's not the murderer who sends forests ablaze in tallsun!" Again the bronze man shook his head, even stomped a hoof.

"who stops the hearts of bairns waiting to be born you might ask? Who takes the last breath of the weak and turns an entire mountain to ash?" Tilney paused and stepped two paces forwards, facing the cat with the biggest chest full of air he could muster. "The Gods!"

The patriarch was not usually so passionate about such matters, but to mock him over something as simple as wishing for peace was evil in itself.
And so Tilney decided finally to answer the question posed to him; "And what happens in this peaceful world of yours, sir?"
"Nothing - It would not be much different to the Helovia you and I know only minus the thieves and murderers, tyrants and rapers alike. Again, you speak as though these barbaric beings are the ones that make the world spin and without which we would go mad. I should tell you dear cat, that only evil will give birth to evil, just as only good will be borne of good."
"Now tel me, I'm dying to know... Is it because, hypothetically speaking, if my wish was to come true-"
he again stepped closer "-you would be one to turn to ash?"
enfanir

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

When the supernal being began to walk among them, awarding snide comments about each and all of their suggestions Erthë found herself pursing the lips together. He had asked them a question, now he saw fit to question them about it? Correcting tests, awarding points for reasoning, was it? One by one was pushed through the grinder and for each time the otherworldly (or perhaps much too worldly) feline came a step closer to herself the young mare stiffened. What flaw would he find in her her own reasoning? She had no doubt there would be some - she was after all a mortal, and a rather young one too even if she preferred to think of herself as mature for her age.

Meanwhile, Erthë listened absently to the replies some of the others made. If the creature hadn't been so snide in his choice of words, so smug as if he somehow sat on the correct answer in a debate where there ought to be none, it might have made for a couple very interesting discussions. Indeed, some of those she heard speak up here the filly noted down in memory to revisit later, to seek out and inquire further on their lines of thought. So many flexible minds there were out there, how many deep thinkers and generous souls indeed! Had Erthë thought herself alone, somewhere in the murky depths of her own ignorance?

No, she sighed, cringing inwardly as she looked within herself for the answer. The truth was far uglier still, and much closer at hand; she simply had not considered them at all, these numerous faces and unknown souls that came and went outside the borders of the Edge. They had been nothing but faces, outsiders, unknowns, strange people who had chosen for some inconceivable reason to remain outside the blessed mists. No wonder the Lady was sending her away from the borders of her home. No wonder she instructed the foolish child to look beyond herself, and closer instead at those she so presumptuously had decided to bless with happiness, to dazzle and impress and placate through her own brilliant accomplishments.

Shame burned within as she watched the serval question little Laume, clouding her cheerfulness and internal peace over with a layer of sticky gray smog. Listening to the smart reply from the little fairy nearly had her choke, shock and amusement forcing their way through the throat into a chortle despite her fervent attempts to stifle it. Gods! Anyone who ever thought she was brazen as a kid...

Then the cat finally stood there, staring her down with luminescent eyes and wicked amusement purring at the back of the tongue. His remark stung her, like the prick of acacia thorns or the burn of scrapes that always managed to hurt more than an actual cut. Yet, somehow, Erthë found that it still wasn't impossible to keep her head high as she turned to face him, and when she parted her lips to defend her statement the voice did not tremble nearly as badly as she had feared.

"Yes, that would be presumptuous" she replied, meeting the gaze of the creature with all the regal calm she could muster. "Wasteful too, as it was not only them I was referring to - perhaps I did not speak clearly enough."

She shot a meaningful glance at Laume, whose suggestions of topics for the gods to chat about still rang in her head, making her want to laugh and groan at the same time.

"I meant to say that I would ask for the honesty of all who walk or fly or crawl on the belly, anyone with a soul to think, a mind to comprehend or a tongue to speak. I have heard about these things called white lies, they are supposedly deemed appropriate for when the truth is judged too weighty for a person to carry. Personally I see all lies, regardless of intent, to be rather insulting and the withholding of information to be nearly as bad."

"Indeed, where would you be now if you were not free to speak the way you chose? Or for that matter, what would you do if your query was met with nothing but falsehood? "

She thought of what would happen if no one ever spoke a word of truth again, or indeed if everyone suddenly was rent unable to wrap the truth in pretty lies or sweet nothings. What would her father say if he was to know exactly how she was, if he suddenly had to tell her everything about where he had been and all he had done in the time he had spent away from her....

It was sure to be terrible! So painful for some, so... liberating for others.

Erthë smiled but it was not a pretty smirk that graced her lips, and the gleam in her eyes had nothing to do with kindness or well-wishing as she turned back to see if the serval had any other complaints about her reasoning.

ERTHË
It's too cold outside for angels to fly
Image Credits

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

Blackened ears flatten momentarily as a cascade of sparks glitter painfully upon his back, but that is hardly noticed compared to the serval's taunting words - words quite uncalled for, given the stallion's obviously jesting tones (which were a damn sight less offensive than Albrecht's, and they seemed to earn respect.) Child? The goliath half-wishes one of his dragons was nearby, to snap the serval up in one tasty bite and show him who is boring.

But he remembers how the undead dragon had taunted him before blessing him with his armour, and reasons that these omnipotent creatures are simply cranky. Who wouldn't be, if your one and only job in life was to bless gifts upon thankless mortals? So, with considerable self-control that he didn't think he possessed (he takes a second to feel proud of himself), Volterra inhales a long, deep breath and eyes the serval through his level crimson gaze. "You misunderstand me," comes the throaty growl, cold and monotone and now devoid of any humour. "I could not possibly know what I would ask a God for until said God stood before me, offering his endless powers to my whim. Not all creatures have one solid thing that they would ask for - some, like myself, see their desires fluctuate depending on the situation. For example, if I had just witnessed a creature slaughtering my child but had failed to enact the swift retribution that such a creature would deserve, then perhaps I would find myself asking the God to smite said creature or give me the ability to find it myself, as that would undoubtedly be my greatest wish at that precise moment." The thought sends a frisson of anger down his spark-singed spine; in such a scenario, no force on heaven or earth would be able to prevent him enacting his revenge.

"Perhaps once the creature was dead and my rage had cooled, my greatest desire would be for the God to summon the spirit of my child so I could converse with them one last time. Then, months later and in a fit of ill-guided hope, perhaps my greatest desire would be for the God to bring my child back from the dead and return them to my care. Do you see, serval? What I would ask for is between me and the Gods, because until I am stood in front of the God himself and given that question, I cannot possibly tell you what I would ask for." What he is attempting to say is that the mood he is in, the recent events in his life, would shape what he considers the thing he would ask for. Right now, stood here, that thing is a crown, power. In a week, for all he knows one of his children could be dead in the ground, and then his greatest wish would be revenge on their killer.

He looks directly at the creature, embodying stoicism as he stands tall and - for possibly the first time in his life - attempts to articulate his thoughts with words rather than actions.

Vol would just love a chinwag with Earthy about anything and everything.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht

“Courageous enough, sure,” The elder shrugs, having gotten dangerously comfortable with voicing his malicious opinions over the past year, but his emerald eyes cut to the black and gold asshole a few bodies away, the pink, hairless skin of his left shoulder twitching where the Songbird used to her magic to mend it. He can still feel the deep pulsation of injury there, where the assholes filthy little hooves split the flesh and fractured the bone beneath, not even a season ago. “Just not stupid enough.” He adds, the corners of his mouth twisting downward.

His companion bristles at the memory of the two stallions battle, though he wasn't born at the time to witness it, and periscopes his head upward like a third horn on the stallions brow to set his outraged eyes upon the perpetrator of such a heinous crime. His tongue flicks out and back in several times, memorizing the scent of his hatred. The stallion continues, “I may broach the subject, but with more consideration. Fear makes a gentleman of us all." He grins at this, knowing that some of the assembled would fiercely deny his admission, preferring to be struck dead before admitting to weakness in any form, but he knows the true value of vanity. About as useful as tits on a bull, his mother teases from a lifetime away.

The serval continues to blink in and out of existence, steadily making his way around the group and addressing each of his audience members in turn, and the old stallion listens with interest, waiting for the cat to address him again.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'

OOC // Would love to just meet and greet one of the gods.

image by mar!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Random Event

The serval rolls his eyes at the first young dame and her brother, dismissing her with a flick of his tail in an arrogant, leisurely manner. "Fine, go bond elsewhere little children," he mumbles, already turning his gaze away from them towards Zyanya. He grins at her, a phantom menace of smoke and turmoil. "Do you not believe the gods capable? Are you doubting their power? Or merely excusing why you hand pick only a few to be saved?" He had no real objection to her desires, but it was not his job to impose or reveal his morality. It was his job to make them think for once before encountering the Gods. The poor immortal fellows dealt with enough requests that were not thought out, and had to send the creatures on a quest to try and get them to think or adapt. The serval was accomplishing that beforehand on their behalf. Even if he took his own mischievous pleasure out of it.

But even if the twins bore him he cannot simply ignore them when they've so far done his bidding. "I'm not here to judge your question, it's my job to show you how vain and narrow most of your requests are," he stated simply. "Power? Is that all you desire? And those who also have power gifted by the gods? If they dole it out, you are still no better than the others. You would not be powerful at all in comparison." A skeletal grin complete with feline fangs is mockingly cast down at the power hungry babe. His sister is awarded an eye-roll. "Like I said to the other milk-drinker, you can learn of them without wasting their time. Do you have anything else you'd seek?" A bored drawl, hating to waste more time encouraging them rather than them taking the questions into their own hands.

Raeden is spared a glance and a contemplative grin. "But is their suffering not also a pain upon their parents? They are a symbol of the lustful desires and irrationality of mortals, are they not? So they must still hold a purpose." He turns to Eldala who speaks with respect, though the serval is not one most would call 'sir' considering his trickster, infuriating nature.

"Given the chance to speak with an immortal, omniscient god, you would ask only of a single mortal soul? You would not think to ask something more profound? Why is that?" And to Laume, he scoffs at her initial statement. "It is not their job to entertain and cater to you, child. If you seek knowledge, do so yourself." But he paid fair attention to the rest of her - now more respectfully spoken - explanation. "What an interesting, rare perspective. And if they do not want to speak of their day? What would you do then, child? Apologize for calling them down?" It was spoken with genuine curiosity, and a wave of refreshing warmth slipped over the filly as if rewarding her for her curbed tongue and better-worded explanation. It would make her feel energetic and at peace. He was not entirely cruel after all, just a firm-handed teacher.

Unfortunately only one fellow is truly affected by the serval's coarse nature, and he splutters indignantly through his half-shouted response. But the serval is unbothered, appearing onto the branch nearest Tilney with a grinning, excited smile. Ah yes, finally someone who reacted so explosively! "Are you so sure of that? Is there a God of Death? A God of Miscarriage? A God of Forest Fires?" He rolled into the air, floating above the branch and viewing Tilney upside down. "Ah, you're right, there isn't! Yet you place the blame of the natural order upon them simply because they are Gods, yes? How childish. 'The ocean took my ball away, it must be the Earth God's fault!'" But the feline cackled as he tried to valiantly threaten the serval. "Are you accusing me of being evil? How quaint. By your morality perhaps I am. How dare I try and educate the lowly mortals of this land?" Simpering, mocking voice croons.

But he cannot be partial just yet, and flicks his ghostly eyes to the next. "Honesty has nothing to do with how a person chooses to speak. Honesty can be shrouded by diction. I can tactfully say that you are an uneducated babe and I find your statements to be endearingly childish, or I can say that you are a stupid little girl who has no idea of what she speaks. Yet I am honest in both cases am I not?" A flick of his tail and a grin and he goes floating before her face, whisps of smoke tickling at her nose as he rolls seamlessly in the air before her. "And if lying puts someone's life in danger? If a mare flees a violent mate pregnant, and he hunts her down and asks why she flees, she must be honest and say that she did not want him to kill her foal. She is not capable of lying, and so dooms the child to death. Is this suitable for you?" An offhanded comment as she likely would try to reason her way around it regardless.

Volterra, like Laume, corrects himself beautifully and is awarded the same refreshing current of magic. "You are aware of your own mortal greed, how odd," he purred as he floated away from Erthe to the giant. "And now? In this very moment? If you had nothing to wish for, if your life was momentarily complete...what then?"

A gleaming grin is sent towards Albrecht. "Are courage and stupidity not synonymous? Can one truly make a change with tempered words and curt remarks?"

He regards them all as he transports himself back to the tree, tail curling wispily around his paws. Musing over the selection.

"I am only here to guide. But I do have my preferences." With a glint of his eye and a flick of his ears, two glowing white lilies appear in the manes of Volterra and Tilney. They will not wilt or wither, and their glow would remain until they were used. "Go. Seek your answers. Present these flowers at the shrines and you will have your chat." To all the others he waves one paw elegantly and they all feel refreshed, as Laume and Volterra had experienced.

"If you have any further questions of me, any rebuttals, speak them now."

- - -

Congratulations to Volterra and Tilney! They have been awarded a glowing white lily that they may place at the shrines in the Vein of the Gods to be awarded a god chat.

All other participants feel refreshed, healed, and energetic!

The serval will remain for one more round of discussion if your character would like to answer his questions.

Original List and Randomized List

photo

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was a sad business, that Erthë felt she was able to follow the reasoning behind everyone else's wishes much easier than the convoluted jumble of illogical leaps that founded her own. Was everyone else as messed up inside by the serval and its retorts? Glancing about she saw no one displaying such confusion - but then again, perhaps her own face remained as composed, as calm and collected as she perceived everyone else to be.

The dark, malevolent gleam in her eyes faded under the scorching remarks of the floating creature, replaced by a stubborn defiance that lasted mere seconds. Upon being called both childish, stupid and ignorant the filly felt her face slowly heat up with humiliation, the furious blush so pronounced that it nearly showed through the pallor of her coat. Stupid? So she was stupid, was she! Fine, then he was nothing more than a mean old git who didn't know what he was talking about!

Erthë snorted furiously and shook her head as the coiling smoke tickled against tender skin, roughly shoving aside whatever sensation of energy or refreshment it might grant her. She wanted nothing from someone who had to resort to insults to get his point across!

"No, it does not!" she blurts out, rebutting the statement of the serval with a heat she would later scorn herself for displaying. Why was she letting this creature get to her so, when she had been convinced mere moments ago that her reasoning was above scrutiny?

(Maybe because she realized it wasn't, and because she knew that the serval was right to call her ignorant?)

"But it doesn't suit me that her only option would be to lie to save her kid either! What does that solve, how does that make the violence end, how can the mate ever hope for a chance to change if he isn't faced with the reality of his actions? Maybe it takes the death of his child by his own hooves to see himself for what he is, maybe the loss of her baby will teach the mare to choose her partners better. Maybe nothing would change, and the name of the child would be added to the long list of other pointless deaths."

"Maybe, if the pregnant mare told a pretty lie and went back to her mate, the same child will live to be raised by one violent parent, one who is tied down by fear and ultimately grow up to lie and beat people up themselves."

Winded and with chest heaving from the effort, astounded by her own intensity on the matter, Erthë paused to catch her breath while staring fixedly at the serval - only vaguely aware that the group around her might be dispersing, that the event was coming to a close, that it indeed was quite pointless to keep arguing for a point that wouldn't gain her anything...

But perhaps it wasn't a prize she desired, so much as an acknowledgment that she wasn't wrong.

"I don't know what the right thing would be or what's more important, I don't know if anyone really knows. I just know there are worse things than death, and I think I'd rather die for truth than live in a lie and add to the circle of sorrow and hatred."

The young mare clamped her mouth shut after that, somehow weary now that the fire was burning out. Still stubborn she kept trying to stave off the rejuvenating sensations offered by the smoking feline; she wanted to feel tired, bruised and care-worn, wanted to relish the slight pounding in the head just a bit longer, like a child might enjoy wallowing in the tear-stained ebb of a tantrum. There was something fulfilling in the exhausted moan of her brain that suggested she had really used it, like a worker might go home with blistering hands and aching back and consider the day successful, regardless of whether the task at hand had been fully completed.

Maybe she wasn't right, maybe she was a stupid, ignorant child without a clue... but at least she had done her best to argue her case. She would settle for that.

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU CAN'T STRAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE
YOU'RE THE CLOSEST THING TO HELL I'VE SEEN SO FAR

The serval addresses multiple others, and Volterra has to admire his restraint in not simply attacking the numerous ones who question him. This is the sort of restraint that the goliath has to learn, because when he is king he will have to accept that not everyone will agree with his decisions. Attacking dissenters will only get him so far - he will need diplomacy as well as raw power.

Suddenly his burnt back heals itself, and his muscles unclench at the absence of pain. His grin returns at the cat's first statement, remarking on Volterra's acknowledgement of his mortal greed. "I have many, many flaws, but I do not delude myself into thinking that I am a paragon of goodness and self-sacrifice." He knows he is not; quite the contrary. He is greedy, selfish, possessive, avaricious, and most of all he is shameless about admitting these things. Honesty is one of his few positive traits, and this includes being honest towards himself about his flaws.

And now? In this very moment? If you had nothing to wish for, if your life was momentarily complete...what then? Unbidden, Isopia's face drifts across the forefront of his vision, and he clenches his teeth to try and rid himself of the image. He is not going to admit that to a crowd full of people. "In this very moment, the thing I desire most is a throne - but I would not ask a God to help me attain that, because I know I am quite capable of getting it by myself." He wouldn't waste his wish on something he knows he can get by mortal means, through hard work and strength of body. So he would probably ask for an increase in his magical ability, as there's no way of him getting that by himself - but that seems a stupid answer, a cop-out. Everybody would say that, and doesn't he pride himself on going against the grain?

To his astonishment, he is one of the ones chosen to receive the flower, which is his key to speaking to a God. Immediately he thinks of Father Earth, and is tempted to move towards the Veins right away to discuss numerous things with his favoured deity, but he resists. He will save it for when he really needs it. "Thank you," he rumbles, dipping his head in a rare gesture of humility.

Ahhh thanks so much <33

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada was quickly growing angry with the serval at his pass of her. “Go bond elsewhere little children.” She wanted to stamp her tiny hoof, to make a scene, to show the serval that she wasn’t one to just be so easily pushed away. Her eyes narrowed, oceanic gaze watching the serval like a hawk as he passed them on to move toward Zyanya. As if the serval noticed, he returned to them. He spoke of vanity, and Kiada just listened, eyes still just as narrowed as she stared down the smiling figure of the feline. Gone now was the embarrassment of Kianzo finding out about her wish, gone now was the sadness of showing weakness. The only thing left within the filly was anger and it was evident among the flames that lined her back. Khairi had watched the serval, his feathers ruffling as his bonded grew angry. He stood among the flames as they shifted into wolves with gnarling jaws, clamping down and lunging across her back as though a battlefield had erupted upon the fine line of her spine.

You’re not listening!” She wanted to cry at him, her teeth grinding together once they clamped shut. The tuft of ebony along her tail flicked in annoyance. “If power isn’t important, then why are you here? Did they not use their power to send you down here to gather us? Were you not gifted with the ability to disappear and reappear and have your spots smoke?” The fire gleamed, growing slightly larger and angrier. “Everyone that has a power gifted from the gods are different. They’re different in how they choose to use the power. They’re different in the type of power they wield.” Kiada acknowledged, shooting a glance toward her brother.

Power can be anything from magic to how you carry yourself.” She growled, but began to slowly realize what she was saying. Perhaps the filly didn’t need magic like Kianzo right now. Perhaps she just needed to carry herself the way she imagined gods did – the way that Kianzo did when he expressed his lineage proud and defiant. Her eyes grew wide for a few moments until she withdrew, turning from the serval and flicking her tail once again. She looked to her brother, slowly realizing the error in her question. “Come m’bale. I want to leave the tierboskat.” She grumbled to him. “Sasa” As soon as those words left her pink splattered lips, she stormed off.

"Talk."

sasa = now
tierboskat = serval
m’bale = brother

also, since Kianzo's appearance and the servals words, she's changed her mind. She basically wants to learn how to be useful the way the gods are in a way. She wants to one day be feared or loved, like the gods are, and she's just trying to figure out how to go about it, so what better than the source? :D

it was in my flaws,
I found a much deeper truth
and it is from them I bloom:
a black rose
image | coding

@Kianzo Kiada out :D thanks for the realization ;)

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht

"You've just shown the young -" He pauses, narrowing his eyes briefly as he stares at the ivory pegasus, sure that he's heard the lilt of her voice once before, but unable to place it. "- lady in white -" He says slower, gradually letting the thought slip away as he pulls his gaze back to the serval. "- yourself how diction can control the way an idea is perceived. I would equate bravery to presenting such an ultimatum to the gods in the first place, and stupidity to actually selling it like one."

He pauses, eyes narrowing as the serval names his 'preferred' claimants, neither of them an old man with auburn beard. His nostrils pinch, huffing angrily at this second denial from an emissary of the gods. “The illusion of choice makes all the difference." He tosses over one bony shoulder as he turns to leave, the words pointed and unkind in comparison to his earlier remarks. “Possibly more than you realize." He jeers, frustrated with the lack of logical progression in these supposed contests. Some magical entity appears in the wilds of Helovia, poses an asinine question or otherwise irritating task for the slobs that show up, and then gives away their oh so important prize seemingly at random and this is all done in the name of the gods? He wonders whether the middle-birds and middle-cats of these exchanges even have a say in who their precious cargo goes to or if it's all predetermined by the gods ahead of time. The serval hadn't even seemed to like Tilney. He'd ruthlessly ridiculed the antlered stallions wish and yet one of the two luminous lilies now sits in his flaxen mane while all the servals apparent amusement and approval of the elders own responses amounts to nothing in the end.

"Bullshit." He curses, a perfect imitation of his departure from the fire birds giveaway months ago. 'Total fuckery.' His companion agrees, proudly echoing another of his bondeds favorite expletives and made even prouder of himself by the snort of mirth it elicits.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'

image by mar!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
Tomorrow is a hope. Never a promise.
“Go bond elsewhere, little children.”

The dark princeling’s black rimmed ears pinned flush along his youth-shortened neck. The gold funnels disappeared into his black foal-fuzz mane and ash puffed from his chest in response to his irritation. Though, then, the creature turned back to them and his eyes narrowed in unison with his twin’s as the tierboskat ridiculed their questions. Ears raised slightly, hearing Khairi’s feathers raise; an audible affirmation of the anger that flowed (shared) between he and his sister. There is nothing like a common enemy to smooth over and differences between to parties.

But before the colt can say anything in he or his twin’s defense, Kiada began to speak—saying the exact things that were bubbling in his mind’s angry boil. He proudly (though still angrily, as the serval’s words still stung his young pride) met her sharp glance. She may seek magic, but her ability to speak made her as powerful as he, sometimes.

And then she was grumbling to him and storming off— so the colt’s ears flicked forward as his still narrowed gaze darted from serval to sister. Part of him wanted to stay and use his magic to teach the serval not to treat the dark siblings as such. But there was another part of him, a survival instinct part, that told him attack the gods’ mouthpiece was unwise.

So, instead, he simply snorted, “I’d rather find the gods on our own, than talk with kijinga tierboskat.” And then promptly fell in step alongside his other half. His face was the inverse mirror of hers: both equally irritated by the gods’ puppet, but the same markings in both black and white. Limbs of gold and black halted after a few steps, head swiveling back to the serval as if hearing something only for his ears.

“I’ll catch up with you, mlongo,” was his low mutter before turning back to the old, crumbling stones.

kijinga tierboskat = stupid/annoying serval
mlongo = sister

@Kiada and now he disappears ;-;

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.