the Rift

[PRIVATE] We carry on

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

Me, longing to be free, I won't let you fade away
We, shed so many dreams, I'll let them fade away

Something about the cold helped her think. Despite Isopia's insistence and continued practice, her body still took up quite a bit of her mental computing power. She could ignore an itch when it surfaced, but she could not make her mind ignore that the itch was there. Those sorts of impulses seemed out of her reach to control. But here, where even the sun of Tallsun could not penetrate, she felt as though she could distance herself from her body. Now that it was Orangemoon and the temperatures had dropped somewhat, the effect was even more noticeable. As the sun attempted to burn through the overcast cloud cover, the whiteness of the area became stark and startling, making it difficult to see given the glare.

Isopia stood in a field of snow. It had taken her a while to trudge this far, leaving behind the sparse vegetation and hardened ground. Here, there was snow, and she had the impression that there likely was all year round. Finding a place seemingly devoid of life, Isopia simply came to a halt and ceased moving. Her breathing slowed and her mind raced. Despite the fact that her eyes were open, she was clearly not seeing - at least, not seeing what was objectively before her. Her gaze had turned inward, lost in itself. 

The Mountain's magic took hold, building and sculpting a snow statue around her long legs. Up and up frost and ice climbed, weaving around her bones and enveloping the girl in a layer of frost. The longer she stood, the thicker it became, until the markings beneath the icy-white surface began to blur and become cloudy. 

Hubris, not wanting to disturb his bonded, was a handful of meters way. Perhaps it was because he could breathe frost that he wasn't as effected by the cold. Happily the bronzey dragon made himself a cache of snowballs, sculpting each one to make it as round as he possibly could.

@Ashamin 

Image by Tamme!