the Rift

begin again

Nikoleta Posts: 5
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Electra

nikoleta leventis
look at the fire and think of me

It had been awhile since Nikoleta had decided to use her hooves instead of her wings. Using her wings was nice, feeling the cool air against her flesh and her mane flowing with the breeze. Yet, sometimes her wings would get tired from carrying her sinewy body for long periods of time. Today it seemed like she had found a new region, the strong smells of other horses blessed her pink nostrils and she had chosen to descend down and see what it was like. Surely there were a few herds around here, right? She had been in a herd once, but it was quite small and even boring. She craved for some excitement, for something strange to happen, to explore the world. A better view would make things much more interesting, for she did not know if other pegasi soared around these skies. Finally her hooves had touched the soft grass, and she was on her adventure with a much closer aspect. Trees began to grow and grass turned into a forest floor with various foliage. It was true that other horses had wandered this place before, but for now it seemed empty. It disappointed her that there was nobody here for her to talk too. She had been well into a week on her journey and so far she had not met a single soul. Her voice was probably groggy now that she hadn’t talked to anybody, and she was even beginning to grow lonely. She wished for somebody, anybody, maybe even another and much larger herd for her to join.

All these new smells, all the horses that had been here before. Nothing! Not one other single soul for me to talk to?! She thought to herself, upset and just plain annoyed now. Shadowy tail flicked and cyan eyes searched hard for anybody. Finally her hooves stopped and folded wings stretched out, showing her glorious feathers to nobody. She let out a loud snort, maybe she could get somebody’s attention. With all these other scents she couldn’t tell if anybody had been around recently or not. For no maybe she would just have to be patient and wait it out. Yet, she was not very patient in the first place. Wings folded again and eyes narrowed, circling around in a small clearing and then skull moved down to pick at some of the grass. The whole reason she had left her mother and her small herd was because she was bored, but here she was bored again!

"talk" "you" think
420 words | @Hector | Yesss, let's get her into Dragon's Throat!
[Image: 5ilPbrR.png]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

The stallion found himself in the Threshold once more, not terribly long after Gaucho's death and his successful recruitment of Horus. This time, his demeanor was much different. The large wings were held loosely to his sides, drooping down towards the ground. The regal head, usually held so very proudly, was lowered. His steps still had a purpose, true. But it was painfully obvious the stallion was grieving. Gaucho had been a dear friend, and his loss resonated through the Guardian.

Not long after Sikeax's rise to power, he had gained a promotion. No longer was the liver chestnut a mere warrior and soldier of the Throat. He was now a Guardian, with rank magic gifted to him. With a mere stomp of his hoof in battle he could rattle the ground, albeit lightly, and throw his opponent off balance. He had yet to use this rank magic of his but couldn't wait to do so.

The wind shifted, bringing with it the scent of an unknown horse. He readjusted his posture, wings clasped against his sides and held held regal and high. His massive height could be quite intimidating, so he attempted to lower his head while still keeping it upright. Following the source of the scent with large strides, he soon came upon a beautiful pegasus mare. He rear was jet black, and her front was a pearly white. He had never seen a mare with such unusual coloring.

Stepping closer to the mare, he let out a soft nicker. "Greetings, madam. I am Hector, a Guardian of the herd Dragon's Throat. May I be of assistance?" He lowered his head towards her level, fiery orange eyes gentle and kind. Leonine tail behind him swished across the ground, the bright orange strands touching the grass. Wings automatically unfolded slightly to increase his proud posture as a guardian.

Text. "Speech."

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Electra

nikoleta leventis

Finally, another creature came forth to confront her. Excitement surged through her being and she looked over the man before her. He was incredibly tall, and that almost pissed her off. She was the tallest of her herd, even taller than her own father. It didn’t make much sense to her, but what she didn’t know was that he wasn’t her true father. Instead, he was an adoptive father, a figure that she looked up to for a majority of her life. Perhaps at first glance he could look like a normal pegasus, but he was far from it. He had two horns on his face and the tail of a lion, he was a deep brown with orange markings on his chest and a pale mane. A skittish one would be intimidated by his size, but Nikoleta was a fearless girl. “Greetings, madam. I am Hector, a Guardian of the herd Dragon’s Throat. May I be of assistance?” She already felt the need to prove herself to him. There wasn’t much reason, maybe it was the fact that he said something about being a Guardian or that he called her madam. She was not a madam, she was a dame ready to take on anything. Cyan eyes were still narrowed just slightly, her stubborn and fiery side getting the best of her. Yet, she held her head respectfully and took a deep breath. He’s only trying to be nice, be nice back.

“I am Nikoleta Leventis,” she greeted, alluring voice slithering from her throat and into the forest air. She did not have some fancy title, nor did she belong to a herd. She may as well just cut that part out. “As far as assistance goes, I don’t need any help.” she said, she was quite straight out and honest. “But I have to admit that I have no idea where I am, but that’s my purpose. I left my original herd to explore various lands and meet new individuals.” She didn’t know if she should go into complete details or not, about every single thing. She did not know this man, he did not have to know her full story until she knew his. “A herd is what I look for, a place to call home and for me to settle. A place for me to come back to when I grow tired from my explorations. What is this region?” she asked. Where exactly was she, what were the herds, who was he, would they get along. She had many questions but luckily for Hector, she knew that he did not have all the answers. She was always curious, always craving for knowledge. Yet, she at least knew not to expect all the answers from just anybody. She didn’t quite know what being Guardian meant, but maybe he would tell her about it if they conversed more.

"talk" "you" think
485 words | @Hector

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

So this pretty creature had a name. And a temper. She had a short spiel, telling of what she had come to these lands for. Of course, it was similar to why many came to Helovia. He himself had come looking for a new start, one where he could be his own horse. Forge his own path. Anyways, those were thoughts for another time. Time to answer the mare's queries. And he would start by telling her about Helovia and then move to telling her about the Dragon's Throat.

"Lady Nikoleta, you have stumbled across the land of Helovia, a land filled with magic and companions. A place of new beginnings." At the mention of companions, Veci took the opportunity to make a weak apparition of a dragon, breathing a smoke flame before disappearing. "That which you just saw was my companion, a boggart named Veci. Many horses here have companions, magic or both. I am gifted to have both." He stated, conjuring up a small fire colt for a moment before extinguishing it.

"The herd I spoke of would gladly accept you. I belong to the herd named Dragon's Throat. Thanks to the Sun God, I am gifted with rank magic due to my ranking of a Guardian, which is a tier three rank within the herd. Would you care to accompany me to my herd? Or perhaps you would like me to show you around Helovia, allow you to see more of the land before we return to my home?" His voice was kind as he lowered his head slightly.

Turning his head around towards his wing, he pulled out a troublesome feather. Other than being loose, it was undamaged. Offering it to the mare with a smile, he hoped she would take it as a gesture of friendship from one winged creature to another.

Text. "Speech."

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Electra

nikoleta leventis

Lady Nikoleta? That’s new. She was unsure about being called a Lady, but she guessed not to comment about it. That wasn’t the subject anyways, he began to explain where she was and she listened intently. So this region was called Helovia, and apparently there was magic and companions in these lands. At first she was doubtful until a being randomly appeared and took the form of a dragon, then the stallion easily create a colt made of flames. She was now utterly impressed and clearly intrigued, and she craved both magic and a companion. She stayed quiet when he mentioned Dragon’s Throat once again. Sun God? Her past herd was not religious, mainly because they were uneducated on such ideas of higher beings. “I will join Dragon’s Throat.” she said shortly, “I wish for you to show me around the herd’s territory, and then take me to herds leader so I may speak with them. If they are busy then perhaps you or somebody could arrange an appointment or meeting for me, if that's possible. Maybe you can introduce me to my new fellow members too. If that isn’t too much of me to ask?” Perhaps being a Guardian meant that was busy, and that he wouldn’t have the time for all of this and he would just have to dump her and leave her on her own. If that was the case, then so be it, she would gladly figure things out on her own anyways.

Suddenly Hector unfolded one of his wings, his skull reached back and then turned back to offer her one of his feathers. Thick neck reached over so she could receive the feather and she reached over to stuff the dark colored feather into her right wing. When she got the time she would weave it into her tail, but for now her wings would carry his feather as her own now. She then plucked one of her own feathers and offered it to him. Perhaps she was a little fiery towards him, quite straightforward and to the point. Yet, if he wanted a friendship truce then he should get it. He had not wronged her and in fact he was extremely polite. If she was less headstrong and impatient then they would get along just fine, and after all he had welcomed her into this Helovia place. It could’ve gone much worse, he could’ve been an ill-willed horse who could’ve attacked her on sight. Yet, he didn’t, he wasn’t that type of guy, and she appreciated that.

"talk" "you" think
424 words | @Hector