the Rift

I Hate Everything About You [Tembovu Challenge]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
There comes a time in everyone’s life where it just breaks. The world around them shatters and for the first time in a long time, reality is painted in its true form- ugly, dark, ignorant and unforgiving. Only now for Elsa the cruelty of life stood in front of her as a large elephant. But even he was not deserving of such a title, he was no large protective creature. He was a monster, one wreathed and hidden behind a title and misplaced honor. A guttural growl sound resonated through her chest at his harsh, and ugly demeanor. All in the name of the Edge… how incredibly ignorant.

She watched him in brooding silence as he spoke, finally turning to her and offering his own thoughts. Her muscles were taught against her skin, it rippled at every little movement she made. He was stronger, bigger and more loved, but no longer would she let such a tyrant live unpunished. Yet, here she was standing, the part of her deep within hoping he would suddenly have a change of heart, and call all of it all.

Once again, he destroyed the last bit of her sanity with a few words, and a magma elephant that was summoned to run into the brush. That was it. Elsa exploded, Edgar who had been sitting atop her head yelped, taking off into the air and hovering just upon his bonded’s head. Blind eye and all, her rage was a force to be reckoned with. The bird looked pleadingly towards the man who had so mortally wounded his best friend and caretaker. The rage at which the burning elephant headed towards the thicket mirrored Elsa’s own inner turmoil.

“You, Tembovu, are the most ignorant bastard I’ve ever met. You’re worse than Oxy, you’re worse than the one that took my eye, because you… you act like you’re so noble for all of this. And for what? More safety? I hate to break it to you Elephant King but nothing is ever safe. The wall that used to protect this place was destroyed within a few months of a horrid sickness that ravaged Helovia. All that work, that toiling… for uninsured safety. So how dare you try to belittle the lives of these creatures in the name of protecting the herd. A true king, a noble king, would be able to protect his herd without the help of walls and protection. They are only a means of helping you do that job, so get a goddamn grip on your life and your so called honor and stop and think for a moment what your actions do.” Her words were like a whip, aimed to hit and scar his ego and emotional state as much as possible. He didn’t deserve her pity. He was never deserving of her love. “And the audacity you have to lecture me about death. You cruel, heartless beast. Death is both metaphorical and literal, and contrary to what your tiny little mind can understand, everyone here has experienced death in their own form. I live knowing that I killed my children’s childhoods. So no, Tembovu, I can lecture you all the fuck I want because you are so narrow minded and blind to the world around you.” She took a daring step forward, leaving a mere few feet between them, so long as he didn’t move. “So no. I will not leave. We will not leave. I’m afraid, Elephant King, that you are the one that needs to leave.” Elsa paused, letting a moment of silence file in after her words. Her chest was heaving with pent up anxiety and adrenaline. Toe to toe with a giant, Elsa would become the David to bring him down.

A final exclamation from the bird hovering above signaled the beginning of the end as Elsa sprang into action. Using all of her power, she tried to bring an icy platform, gently sloped at the sides, to send Tembovu stumbling to the ground. Edgar was ordered to scratch at his eyes, to make him as physically blind as he was mentally. A wild, strangled cry rushed past her lips as she stared at Tembovu. “This is your last chance. Leave. Get out- or I will continue. I will be as merciless to you as you are to those creatures, and to the herd mates around you. I will not hesitate to end you.” And with that, Elsa craned her neck, staring down Tembovu with eyes cold as ice. Her body was devoid of any emotion other than anger, violence, and the need to bring justice to those who have been running free for far too long.

’I will bring you down Tembovu. I will make you fall to your knees.’ 

"Elsa's Speech Here"
[794 Words || 1/4 Attacks || Challenging @Tembovu for pride. >.>]
[Continuation of the Every Rose Has Its Thorn thread]
[Takes place in the World's Edge, next to the thicket. Generally flat, and cleared in their area with a few trees here. Surrounded by a lot of her members...]
[Highly suggest listening to Three Days Grace, Animal I have Become, Riot and I hate everything about you. That was my writing muse.]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Spar is following this post, so Tembo is in his elephant form in the beginning of this post.

The flames danced across navy glass set in uneven cement; their tongues licked the thorns and mirthless crackling was the sound of their laughter at the sharp points. Thorns, like so much of life, yielded to fire.

But the navy glass was not left long to linger on the thicket’s last, desperately spiteful words. No, words whipped by fury and the cusp of hysteria hit the Elephant King’s great flaps of flared, gray ears. His head swung towards the Icebound, eyes ablaze with the inferno lighting before all gathered. His heated stare seared at Elsa, body hot with his magic; an opposite to her ice. She tore at him with her words; attacking his honor and nobility.

However, to the King, there was not honor to be had at the expense of protection. Tembovu was not motivated by such things as nobility in this moment—or in any moment. There was no honor in the bodies bloated by death. There was no nobility in the mangled carcasses of foals, first pecked by vultures for their thin skin and sweet, rotting flesh. The King had walked through aftermaths such as these, and he had found no honor there.

He was the Elephant General, a man driven by vengeance and saved by love.

His central driving force was justice. Justice was not noble. It was emotionless; it served as a simple delineation between ‘right’ and ‘wrong.’ Nobility and honor were far more emotional things; they could dabble in defining the grey areas of ‘right’ and the ‘wrong.’ But not the Elephant. “Nothing is safe, but a King that does not use everything he can to protect his herd is not ’noble.’ He is naive and brainless,” his deep thunder rang between her words.

Were it a different day, a different time or place, the King may have been receptive to some of what Elsa screeched at him; he might have been swayed by her words, were they said differently. But, as it was, the Elephant King’s eyes blazed at the winged, icy woman; a rage (that had already begin to simmer) catching ablaze beneath the surface of his thick, gnarled, grey skin.

Her words of death—of a ’metaphorical’ death meaning as much as the literal— they were the ultimate accelerant to his anger. His trunk raised in warning as his body swung to face her. He did not need to watch the flames when a conflagration burned inside him. He could not even put a voice to the rage that glazed his eyes and heated his chest—though the magma-elephant had just left it and so his magic needed moments to recover.

The King was not ignorant that all carried their own burdens (though in this moment, he had no understanding for them). Neither was he comparing his loss to Elsa’s. But he was enraged that this woman—a woman who had at one point called him “good for all” to console him in his moments of dark weakness— would dishonor and demean the death of his own child by lumping Faxr with those that still lived.

So it was fury-blinded eyes that landed on Edgar’s pleading gaze. Thus, this warning (for if Edgar was warning the Elephant, then Elsa’s violence was sure to be terrible) was lost on the King. An angry, deafening trumpet drowned out her wild cry and final promise to ‘end him’. She had ranted enough, with too large of an audience for her infuriated and blasphemous words. His livid trumpet also served as a warning to all: move away from the blows that were about to be traded.

But his trumpet was cut short, as suddenly his large, round feet were cold. A rapid, downward glance showed him a sheet of ice lifting recklessly out of the earth, already growing slippery in the face of the inferno’s heat. His elephantine feet had no purchase on the uneven, melting surface and so his heavy body began to slip.

He bellowed in anger, taking a sliding and haphazard lunge towards Elsa— though his heavy body was unbalanced and so he landed on his left knee. A sharp pain shot up through his slabbed, massive shoulder—though it was short-lived and ignored as his glare remained trained on his Queen. His trunk reached out with his momentum, aiming to wrap around the nearest of Elsa’s wings at the juncture of withers and wing. His head was lowered, long and curved tusks outstretched—he hoped to pull her onto their sharp points.

Even as he attacked, he could feel his body begin to immobilize as he began to lose grasp on his elephantine form. Mbwene, the small matriarch, had begun to sprint towards the battle the moment she felt such rage through their bond.

WC: 797
PC: 1/4
Damage tracker: tired from holding onto Elephant form/sending magmaphant @ thicket; lightly wrenched left knee
Summary/notes: Tembo lunges off ice-platform (falling on his left knee) and he tries to grab Elsa by her nearest wing/shoulder joint onto his tusks. Mbwene is MIA atm, but on her way. (I wasn't sure if Edgar actually pecked for his eyes? :[ )
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

@Elsa

Also, I wrote this with this song on repeat.

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa
Thoughts change, others prove themselves unworthy of trust. Elsa knew that better than anyone.

Seeing this side of the Elephant King was not what she expected. This king knew no words, no mercy, and no diplomacy. He was rage- driven by emotions and his deep desire to destroy. The dark interior he had been afraid of was on display for the rest of the herd, and she didn’t care. No longer did she pity him. Most of them would forgive him, and forget her. In the end, everyone forgave the villain who lived in sheep’s clothing. The vigilante, herself, would end up on a stage somewhere with a rope wrapped around her neck.

Watching his grey, hulking mass fall to a knee was only a slight tranquilizer to her inner rage. After that, any conscious left within him had shattered to pieces, and Elsa could feel the real rage bursting through. His trunk wrapped mercilessly around her left wing, and she underestimated the strength in that appendage. He jerked her towards him, her wing popped and the tightness in the muscle suddenly slackened and stopped resisting his trunk. He had moderately strained her wing. Elsa cried out, the sound somewhere between extreme anger, and extreme sadness.

Edgar, who had purposely swung high to avoid Tembovu’s eyes, cried out from the sky in a screech as the pain resonated through the bond. He faltered in flight, nearly falling out of the sky as his own wing resonated with pain. He caught himself before he hit the ground, his left wing tip dragging against the grass as he rose back into the sky above the two enraged monarchs.

Elsa was being drug forward, and in a last ditch attempt to save herself from actually being killed, she shifted her weight onto her back legs in an attempt to push all of her body weight into the ground. The Icebound could feel bits of dirt snagging at her hooves, but she was still moving. The fear of being impaled set off another round of magic, she aimed to use her fiery ice on the part of his trunk that was wrapped around her wing. He had already done his damage, and if Tembovu’s intent was to rip her wings off, he was getting pretty damn close. For a week at least after this fight flying would be painful. Tears sprung at the corner of her eyes as she attempted to throw up an ice wall between herself and his tusks, using them as a barrier against being impaled.

Never before had the Ice Queen been this defensive in a fight. Even against Oxy, she eventually gave way to her hesitancy and drilled into him as hard as she could. So why was Tembovu different? She wanted so much to believe in someone that even now after he was attempting to rip her to shreds she wanted him to stop and apologize. She wanted him to be the one to break her fear of trust. Yet she handed him her life, and this is what it amounted to.

A well of sadness suddenly burst forth from her chest in a fit of explosive words. “And who suddenly gave you the right to decide who lives and dies! Is this what you want Tembovu? The power to choose who lives and who dies?” Her voice was raw from screaming. Edgar, who had been circling above was jolted by the intense change of emotion. His drive to protect Elsa suddenly outweighed his conscious, and this time, Edgar aimed at Tembovu’s left eye, heading talons first in hopes of blinding him, or puncturing the surrounding skin.

Elsa attempted to jerk her wing away, it was already injured so what was there to lose? Coupled with the burning ice she hoped she weakened his trunk enough to break free. Emotional pain began running rampant, suddenly overpowering the deep, pounding ache in her wing. She had never expected him to retaliate, and now that he had, she feared him. The shatter of her heart was a physical pain this time, a burning that welled deep within her chest. If she wasn’t currently fighting for her life the Icebound would have collapsed onto the ground in a balled up heap. It physically hurt to breath, and her rushed and shallow breaths were not improving the situation. Edgar once again wailed, the ache being felt tenfold through the bond. The zephyr was infuriated now with the Elephant King. He had once held out so much hope for this man- this broken man whom Elsa sought to help and fix. Yet he treated her like she was nothing but left-over garbage. For him, she was just a means to an end, disposable…

killable.

"Elsa Speaks."
[791 Words || 2/4 Attacks || @Tembovu]
[Elsa gets her left wing joint pulled/sprained. She tries to freeze burn his trunk, and throws up an ice wall between them to try and keep his tusks away. Edgar goes for his eyes now, and she tries to break free by jerking away in hopes the ice weakened his trunk.]
Muse (Sucker for Pain)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
It was a sickening feeling.

Both the popping, ripping sensation that traveled up his trunk and the emotion that burst and coated his chest as Elsa’s cry filled his ears and drowned his mind. His trunk immediately released its vice-like hold, loosening around the joint he had injured and relieving the pull he had against her dug-in, resisting hooves. Navy eyes morphed from dark pools of rage to lined, mournful pits. His gaze swept from the point of his attack to her face—finding crystalline blue eyes welled with tears.

What was he doing?

This was the woman who had, without pretense, opened herself to him. She had shared her faults, the painful wounds of her traitorous past lover, and the scars he had left between herself and her children. She had stood beside him as a monarch. She had comforted and supported him when he had faltered beneath the weight of his demons. She had carried and birthed his child. And she had even stood strong in the face of his love for Rexanna.

Yet, here he was, turning on her in rage during her own moment of anger and passionate instability. His gaze searched her face as he slowly slipped into immobility, losing hold on his elephantine form. A barrier of ice flashed up between himself and the Icebound, obscuring his vision of her and cracking as his tusk-tips dug into it; but those tearstained eyes just beyond the spiderwebbing ice were burned into his vision.

Edgar’s painful keen echoed in his ears, a haunting accompaniment to Elsa’s angry, sad, fearful gaze. Her raw voice was muffled from behind the wall of ice she had thrown up between herself and his tusks. ”Is this what you want, Tembovu? The power to choose who lives and who dies?” His trunk had loosened from her wing, letting him evade the icy burn of her magic. But these words scorched and branded him just the same.

So he stood, frozen beneath the poisonous barrage of words and the fierce attacks Edgar’s talons rained down on his face. Though his thick, wrinkled skin provided some sort of protection against the zephyr’s icy, stormy talons. Only a few, superficial scratches made themselves known as bright red streaks on the black and white skin around his left eye as he once again became a stallion. “I want the power to protect life,” his answer to her raw question was hoarse, vocal chords chafed from all his trumpeting and the burning thicket’s smoke, when his shift-induced paralysis finally released him.

Though his answer was, in some parts, a lie. He did want the power to decide who lived and who died. He want to keep those he loved alive. And his demons (which had been so silent for so long), roared at the idea of controlling death. To wield such a power—to destroy those that might threaten his family… The idea was intoxicating. But the Elephant, despite the allure of such power, knew it to be unjust.

Still, his demons hissed in excited whispers beneath the layers of guilt and shame that faced him with Elsa’s accusatory stare.

And finally Mbwene, her small and wrinkled sides heaving with exertion, burst through thick tree trunks. Bright blue eyes watered against he smoke that was beginning to grow dense in the air from the burning thicket, though she did not blink as she stared angrily at both equids and the screeching Edgar. Her trunk raised in an angry trumpet upon seeing the defensive and offensive positions of each, her angry stare following Edgar around Tembovu’s face. But it was not until she saw the red tracks of blood on her bonded’s face that the rage which had billowed across the Edge to her through their bond manifested into action.

In her small body, the fury drowned the waves of uncertainty and guilt that now crashed and broke over the Elephant King. The small matriarch, fiercely loyal to (and permanently exasperated with) her bonded, screeched her displeasure; the noise akin to rocks scraping over glass as it burst out of her trunk.

And she charged.

A cloud of ash proceeded her, an irritating magic that she had yet to purposefully use. But she used it now. Though she was much smaller than the Icebound, she could try to blind her with her magic and skewer her with her tusks (finishing the attack Tembovu had started and failed).

STOP,” Tembovu mentally bellowed at her. But she ignored the command, simply responding to him with, “You hurt enough. It end now.”

WC: 766
PC: 2/4
Damage tracker: tired from holding onto Elephant form/sending magmaphant @ thicket; lightly wrenched left knee; light scrapes around left eye
Summary/notes: Tembovu lets go of Elsa's wing when he feels it sprain/dislocate. He is immobilized as he shifts back into a unicorn, so Edgar's talons scratch around his left eye. Mbwene shows up on the scene and tries to use her ash magic on Elsa to blind her while charging at her.
- Ashen: veil produced from body in some manner that obscures vision for 30 seconds and may irritate lungs.
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

@Elsa

MBWENE ROLL UP LIKE >:[

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa
Even when he released his grip on her wing, the damage had already been done. He had scarred her beyond repair. He was so caught up in this power, this crown…. It was like a vicious sickness. Maybe she was immune to the corruption of the crown, but this was not what she wanted. Elsa did not want to rule by such a man, one who had become so volatile and enraged on the flip of a coin.

The slight burst of happiness through the bond drew her attention away from its target. Edgar had successfully pricked at the Elephant King’s skin. Although not much, Elsa had hoped it would jolt him from this living nightmare. The scariest part of this all was in the end, Elsa was almost positive he would justify his actions. There was nothing just, or even remotely under the pretense of protection. He sacrificed the life of a family simply to ensure further protection against enemies.

But how effective was it when the enemies lived inside?

Suddenly a large, grating call of the elephant companion signaled her entrance into the battle. Edgar, who was still circling above, desperately tried creating his own screech to distract Mbwene from running headfirst into Elsa. Elsa, turning her head slightly as to get a better look at what Edgar was calling to, was then blasted with a blinding light.

The empty hole of darkness fully consumed her. A truly blind Elsa- and she screamed. This was not the life she wanted. This was not what she had planned. Why had he just not listened! Doing her best to save herself, Elsa blindly began stepping backwards as fast as possible to avoid the charging matriarch. After a few precarious steps, her luck ran out. She landed her hind right foot on top of a sharp object, more than likely a rock by hardness of it. Pain jolted up her back leg, and Elsa was suddenly stopped, leg pulled into the air. She was only thankful because she managed to just move out of the way of Mbwene before she could skewer the Icebound.  

Between the ash and brightness of Mbwene, Elsa’s gaze was still foggy. She could see the blurred bodies of Tembovu and his companion, as well as the fire raging just to the side. It was quite poetic to her, that she could quite possibly die in a fit of fire and ashes. The world had a funny way of showing karma.

Edgar, now tasked with being her eyes above, hastily commanded his bonded to pull up another ice wall. Following his orders, the Icebound did as she was commanded, trusting in Edgar’s tactics. He was now acting as her protector, rather than companion. Elsa felt helpless in her hazy gaze, clinging desperately to the bond to ensure he was safe. His idea was to attack, and for the wall to act as the Icebound’s shield. She could wear her armor, but it was far too hot and bulky to call it forth. It’s hindrances outweighed its help.

Edgar, now harnessing whatever icy power he could manage, went for his favorite, but rather dangerous attack. Circling back around, he hoped he was on Tembovu’s left side, and suddenly dove towards the king. Hoping to pass just underneath his barrel, Edgar attempted to freeze as much of Tembovu’s manhood that he could manage. Should it land, it should hinder the king enough for Elsa to return to battle.

Elsa, a mess of nervousness and anger was shaking behind her barricade. She prayed and prayed Edgar would make it out of this unscathed. Without him, what was the point in continuing? He was the only one who had loved her without expectations or fickle emotions. He had stuck by her side when everyone else left her, and without him… she truly had nothing. Not even a crown could save her if this monster- this man she once thought she knew- took away her one rock.

In one last attempt to bargain for the safety of her own life, and Edgar’s, Elsa cried out. “Tembovu! Mbwene! Stop!” Her voice was rough and scratchy, barely making it above the loud crackling of the inferno brewing beside them. Her wing ached and whined at the slightest movement, a silent reminder of what he truly was. 

There was no bargaining with a monster.

There was no bargaining with a king who refused to see his faults.

"Elsa speaks."
[742 Words || 3/4 Attacks || @Tembovu ]
[Left wing joint injured, and pain from stepping on rock on right hind leg. Throws up an ice wall between herself and Tembovu and his companion, Edgar tries to literally freeze Tembo's balls off >.> Elsa tries to get him to stop. Again. Edgar uses his arctic magic when attacking. ^_^]

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Sorry Klare! You're about an hour too late :[

Time limit exceeded, Elsa defaults to Tembovu. Tembovu earns 0.5 VP.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode